Chapter 1

Till tomorrow...

[Himchan pov]

 


"Ya! Aunt! Please let me in!" I was furiously ringing her bell,hoping that she would help me by giving me some money or even better a room to stay. I was standing outside of an enormous block of flats,at the heart of Busan,looking at the camera that was next to the bells because I new that my aunt was looking and listening me through the entry phone. I knew that i was looking pathetic right now,but I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Gina had left me for that bastard with the luxurious costume and a ton of money,leaving me not only alone but also without any money,as all of my money were spent at the casino. I was living on the street for already two days without any water or food,I could easily just call my parents and ask them to pick me up but that would be quite ignominious and I didn't want that. "No, Himchan. A no is a no. I'm not going to let inside my house a disgrace like you. Leave!" "Aunt please I don't have a place to stay neither money. I need your help,please aunt." "You shouldn't left your parents Himchan,especially your father,he really loves you. You should stay at Seoul and not leave with a random girl." "Gina isn't a random girl,I know her for two years." "Well,it seemed that you didn't know her very well,she left you. Now leave Himchan or I'm going to call the security man." "Aunt please,let me inside or at least give me some money. How I'm supposed to live? Oh! What about helping you learn sign language so you can communicate with my father? Huh? What do you say? You will help me and I'll help you too" "I don't need your help so I can communicate with my brother. I can communicate with him very well." A sigh was heard fron her "The security man will be there in five minutes, if you want to leave decently,leave before the security man finds you." "Aunt! Aunt!" I was screaming her name but she didn't seem to answer me. She left from the entry phone. "Aish! What I'm supposed to do now?!" As soon as my fist came in touch with the wall in front of me,i heard a voice from behind me. I thought it was the security man that my aunt refered but I was startled when my eyes were laid on a young brown-haired man with unusual plump limps,who was wearing a blue uniform and was holdind a brown postman bag. He was certainly a postman. "Excuse me sir,I accidentally heard your conversation with your aunt" Oh good,I was shamed in front of a stranger too. "And can...can I ask you a question?" "A question?" I crossed my hands over my chest and I kept looking at him with curiosity hiding in my eyes. "You really know sign language? I mean are you good at it?" His hands clenched nervously around his brown bag while he was looking with attentiveness at me. "Well..I know sign language since I was five,my father is deaf so I needed to learn sign language. And why exactly are you asking?" Suddenly,before the guy with the postman bag answered,I saw the security man running towards us and automatically I grapped my belongings -a backpack full of clothes and my guitar- and the stranger's hand,forcing him to run with me. I didn't want to have anymore trouble.


After some minutes of running and turning about six -or more- turns,we ended up at a crowed sidewalk with lots of shops near it. "What was that about?" He pushed me away from him,looking puzzled -and not angry as I though he would- . "Sorry...the security man was coming near is,I though it would be better to leave. Anyway,you can go on now if you want" He took a deep breath and sat at the wooden bench,still clenching his postman bag with his hands. "It would sound a little weird,but nothing wrong is hidden behind it ok? You said to your aunt that you don't have money neither a house..I can offer you a place to live,some food to eat and maybe help you to find a job." "Woah,wait a second" I sat next to him at the bench and looked suspiciously at him. It was hard to believe that they were people around Korea that actually care so easily for a stranger. He wanted something in return and I was sure about it. "You are saying that you are willing to help me? Why? You don't even know me." "I don't know you but I want something from you." When I heard that he wanted something in exchange I immediately stood up and took some steps away from him. "Dude,I'm not going to get laid with you ent. I'm desperate but not that desperate." He,also,stood up from the bench looking really mad. "Hey! I'm just a postman ok? I'm not into those things! Aish" He let go of the bag,with his hands finding their way towards his pockets. "Look,I was going to ask you if you can learn me sign language in exchange of letting you live with me. But if you think that I'm ent,fine,good luck" He walked away from me,walking in a rapid speed and passing through the pedestrians without looking back at me,not even once. That guy seemed to be telling the truth,after all he indeed was just a postman and I really needed someone to help me,I couldn't just let my only chance of having some food and a place to sleep slip just like that,so I followed him. "Hey wait up!" He stopped and turned around "What do you want now? To call me ent again?" "No,of course no. I'm sorry about calling you ent before. I really need some help right now and your offer is tempting. Fine,I agree,I'll teach you sign language. But why do you want to learn sign language? Is your crush deaf or something?" "I..I have my own reasons. Anyway,if you are sure that you agree,then let's go." He started walking again, with me this time accompanying him. "You didn't tell me your name yet" I looked at him just to see him walking with his hands still inside his pockets and his brown eyes looking the sidewalk in front of us. " Daehyun" I told him my name while smiling at him. The only good thing that happened to me those days in Busan was winning 1.000.000 won at the casino -money that Gina took with her claiming that those money were hers- and meeting the man next to me. He seemed friendly,but most important he was someone with free house and food.


"You are kidding right?" I looked at Daehyun while he was sitting on a grey vespa and was wearing a black helmet. "Look Himchan just because I met you right now doesn't mean that I'll take you to my house now. It's still morning,people is working,so am i. I have to deliver some more letters,ok? Sit behind me." I huffed and I did as what he said. "Do you have a helmet for me?" He laughed when I asked him about a helmet. "No. Now hang on" He started the vehicle up and after some minute we were passing through a lot of the cars until some seconds later we stopped next to a skyscraper. "Hop off" After alighted from his vespa he got off and handed me his helmet. "You are lucky because that's my last stop for today." Daehyun took some letters out of his bag -most of them were just bills rather than actual letters- and went towards the skyscraper. I didn't noticed that there was a skyscraper at Busan. Most of the time I was busy with Gina,training our self so we could be ready when we would go at the casino,that I didn't noticed how beautiful town Busan actually was. It combined modern architecture with the tradition and the view of the sea so naturally almost peacefully. When I'll make my own money I would like to rent an apartment at one of the skyscrapers. "Did you finish looking at the skyscraper?" Daehyun was next to me with a light smile on his face. "I really like this town,I can't help it" I chuckled and turn my head towards him. "We are leaving?" "Yeah. But before we leave" He took out his bag a plastic bottle with some water on it and gave it to me. "I bet you are thirsty" He smiled wider at open the bottle for me. After thanking him I took a big sip of water and gave the bottle back to him but he didn't reached his hand to take it. "Himchan,I know how it is to be thirtsty for days,you didn't drank as much water as you wanted to. Drink,don't worry about me I don't want any of it." He took his helmet and after wearing it he sat at the black seat of the vespa. Without even thinking about it I drank all of the water and sat behind him. Daehyun was really nice with me,even though I called him a ent some minutes ago. "Thank you for the water. I appreciated it." I heard him chucking. "Your welcome. Hold on now,we are going at my home"