two

little steps (coming back to you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night went quite good, Junhee supposed.

Yifan mainly interacted with the kids and the kids, obviously missing their father, had a lot to talk about and Junhee was grateful that she didn't need to fill the silence with empty conversation.

"Are you tired?" Yifan asked, noticing how quiet Junhee was throughout the dinner. Junhee just gave him a small smile, lips crooked in a thin line.

"Yeah a bit." She admitted. The whole Yifan-lost-his-memories threw her perfectly scheduled life off-balance. She was supposed to fly back to Beijing to meet Yixing's parents and talk about the future wedding and yet she was trapped under one roof with her ex-husband. Talk about the irony.

"Mama, Nini is sleepy." The youngest one rubbed his eyes tiredly. Four of them had been lounging on the couch, Junhee sitting on the couch farthest from Yifan while the man was sprawled on the loveseat with the twins snuggling beside him.

"Let's get you to bed, baby bear." Junhee stood up, ready to bring Jongin to his bedroom when Yifan gently scooped the sleepy kid into his arms.

"I'll do it." He said, "Come on, Dyanie, let's go sleep." He nudged Jongdae who was curling on his right side.

"But Dyanie isn't sleepy." He whined, not wanting to go to bed early. Junhee looked at him warily, the old Yifan that she knew would be enraged if someone tried to disobey him.

"Jongdae-ya." Junhee knew she had to do something to persuade Jongdae to change his mind. Yifan wasn't the very patient man afterall. She tensed when Yifan kneeled to Jongdae's eye level, ready to do anything to protect her beloved sons. But she was taken aback when he lifted his hand to grab Jongdae's hand.

"Papa will read you a story book." Yifan promised, noting how Jongdae's eyes lit at the mention of his favourite activity.

"Goldilocks and three bears, Papa?" Jongin asked, nosing Yifan's column of neck, too tired but he wanted his Papa to read him a story book as well.

"Tomorrow, my baby bear." He replied, kissing Jongin's chubby cheek.

"Tonight let your hyung chooses, okay?" Jongin merely hummed in agreement and Jongdae wasted no time to hop from the sofa, grabbing Yifan's hand walking him to their shared bedroom.

"I want Ariel, the little mermaid for tonight, Papa."

"Then Papa will read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter