Losing My Sanity

Learning From an Ex-Gang Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v)

===

The front door slammed open, startling Jackson and Minhyuk. "Boss!" L.joe walked through the kitchen, stopping to glare. "If anyone comes to the door, don't answer it. That's an order!" Jackson took a step back, putting his hands up in defense. "Woooow~ It's been awhile since you gave me an order like that... What's up?" 

"Self defense?!" L.joe laughed, pushing his hair back and letting it fall messily. "Self defense...HAH!" he looked absolutely insane-- or at least, that's how Jackson and Minhyuk would describe it. L.joe continued to laugh to himself until Jackson tapped his shoulder. "What?" he asked, pulling his shoulder away. Jackson frowned, obviously confused. "Did you, by chance... hit your head while you were out?" "I didn't." his natural glare came back as he remembered what happened at the park. "I'm going to my room. Don't bother me-- actually, don't even think about bothering me. And don't go near the door!"

The two boys watched in confusion as their boss walked up the stairs. "What happened to him?" Minhyuk asked, in a hushed tone. "I dunno... but he's awfully grumpy-- even more so than usual." Jackson glanced at Minhyuk before they both shrugged. 

"Hey, what happened to boss?" V asked, while walking into the kitchen. "I bumped into him coming down the stairs and he just grunted at me-- usually he glares, or ignores me entirely..." "We don't know." the two answered. "My guess is it has something to do with the girl he talked about-" "GIRL??!!" Jackson glared at V for cutting him off, but the boy didn't notice as he asked further. "Boss was talking about a girl?! What's happening???"

"Yeah, I thought that too... but I'm pretty sure it's not a romantic relationship between them-- I haven't seen boss this irritated since he met Jackson." "HEY!" Minhyuk laughed, dodging Jackson's hit. "You know it's true!"

V's shoulders slouched and his smile dropped. "Aww! What the heck..." "I know!" Minhyuk yelled, feeling V's pain. "I thought boss finally found someone...who he didn't totally despise." "He doesn't despise me~" Jackson said, smiling proudly. Minhyuk rolled his eyes. "He doesn't despise any of us here at the house... it's everyone else you have to worry about." he sighed, as he leaned his face into the palm of his hand. "Oh well~ I guess boss will just be alone the rest of his life." 

V sighed as well. "Then we'll all have to be alone too. It's only right, since it's boss we're talking about." the three boys glanced at each other. "We need to get boss a girlfriend!! I DON'T WANT TO END UP ALONE THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!" Jackson took off running towards the front door, with V and Minhyuk trying to pull him back. "Calm down, Jackson! This isn't the answer!"

V grabbed Jackson's shirt, holding him back. "Yeah, it's not like boss will like just any girl you find off the street! Be realistic." "WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT REALITY?! You practically live your whole life in your room!" it was true, V couldn't deny that-- but Jackson was still being ridiculous. "Jackson," Minhyuk breathed, struggling to hold him back from the door. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but V's right-- you're not going to find some random girl for our boss. It's not like smart, pretty girls with nice personalities go walking around the streets-- at least, not sane ones..." 

"But...but..." Jackson knew he had to make a choice: he either had to be happy being alone with the other six people in this house, or leave-- he chose the first one (despite his complaints). "Fine..." he let go of the door. "If we're going to be alone forever, we might as well get closer. Bring it in." Jackson spread his arms out, waiting for them to join in.

V stepped forward and hugged Jackson first, while Minhyuk backed away. "What do you mean by 'get closer'? 'Cause I'd rather not... I'll just live in solitude." he said, wrapping his arms around himself-- yes, you read correctly... he hugged HIMSELF. 

While the three boys slowly (correction: quickly) lost their sanity, they didn't realize that there was someone outside their home-- that is, until the unknown person sneezed-- rather loudly.

--Author, here~ This is all getting quite confusing, isn't it? Let's go back a bit and see why there's a random person outside their home, and why L.joe is in such a bad mood~ 

FLASHBACK:

"Cool guy? Are you alive?" a voice asked-- a voice belonging to the girl who was currently crushing L.joe as she sat on top of him. "Get. Off. Now." L.joe breathed out, as he mentally strangled her. He couldn't believe he was in this kind of situation-- a situation that only usually occurs in dramas right before the two leading actors fall in love-- there were two problems with this though: one, being L.joe hates dramas (ESPECIALLY romantic comedies! The overly happy girl falling for the bad boy... it's so unrealistic -L.joe), and two, being that he had absolutely no thought of falling in love anytime soon-- especially (once again) not with this psychopath.

"Okay, but first answer me this!" she yelled, a little too loudly for L.joe's liking. And then she made it worse-- she leaned down closer to his face, as if sitting on top of him wasn't enough. "Will you be my master?" 

It hit L.joe like a ton of bricks-- it even got harder to breathe (or maybe that was just because she was still sitting on him?). The reason he came back here in the first place! This girl might be a victim of bullying...and she needs someone's help-- even if L.joe wasn't a fan of her, he was willing to put aside their differences and help her learn to defend herself.

Blowing his bangs away from his eyes, L.joe let out a long sigh (mostly because it was hard to breathe). "Yeah." it was one word, one simple, quick word, and yet it meant everything to the girl. "REALLY?!" she asked, jumping slightly. L.joe coughed. "Ugh! Don't do that! And can you please get off now?" she quickly climbed off of him, looking a little sheepish (though L.joe doubted that she could feel shame at this point)

L.joe sat down with his back resting against the tree trunk, while she sat a few feet away from him. "So..." he started, looking up at the sky. If you're wondering, yes, she did think that he looked cool-- very cool. "Do you mind telling me when it started?" the girl cocked her head (since she was already staring at him). "...When what started?" 

He raised an eyebrow. Did she not want to talk about it? Maybe it was it too embarrassing... "Never mind. Don't worry about it." L.joe glanced around, staring at anything but her. "I can give you a list of times and dates tomorrow, you know, when you come to sign up." now the confusion really came in. "What?" the girl asked, completely lost. Did she miss something? Or is it L.joe that missed something?

"Uh..." L.joe started, slowly. "You're coming to sign up, right?" "Sign up for what?" she asked, scrunching her eyebrows. "Self defense! Taekwondo!That's what I teach... you know that, right?"  he was becoming suspicious. She was either a complete air head, or he was missing something.

"You teach self defense and Taekwondo?! How cool!!" she wasn't lying. There wasn't an ounce of evil intention in her eyes that practically beamed with joy. How did he get in this situation? This horrible, awful situation? Two names came to L.joe's mind: Jackson, and Minhyuk. They're dead when he gets home.

"What?" L.joe asked, slowly becoming numb. "I had no idea you were a teacher! I already thought you were cool, but now you're even cooler! My master is the best!" she put two thumbs up, smiling from ear to ear. "'Master'? What're you-" Crud. Crud... CRUD!!!! L.joe not only gave away his career and what he does to this potential stalker, but he also agreed to be her master! What did he even agree to?! From what L.joe can see, it's definitely not Taekwondo OR self defense.

"Y-you're not...a victim...of bullying?..." it was stupid to ask-- he knew it was. "Bullying? ...No. Should I be?" Oh...my gosh. She's a stalker. That's the only conclusion L.joe could come up with. Who sent her?! Were they not happy with the job being unfinished years ago and now they're sending an assassin in the form of a teenage girl?! L.joe was losing it.

"Uhh... I gotta... bye." he quickly sat up and started walking away, glancing back once. "Wait! Where are you going, master?! You-" she tried to yell out to him, but he took off running as quickly as he could. "Crud crud crud!" L.joe whispered, under his breath. 

"Wait!" she was following him? SHE WAS FOLLOWING HIM?! He ran even faster. Forget assassin. If she wanted to, she could've killed him by now (or at least, she could've tried). This girl was just a plain stalker.

L.joe contemplated whether he should hide somewhere in town, or go straight home-- going home may sound stupid with a stalker on his trails, but she would end up being the stupid one-- he lived in a house full of ex-gangsters, and he's the ex-leader-- this girl wouldn't be able to get near the front door.

He glanced back and sighed with relief when he saw that she was nowhere in sight. Maybe she wasn't a stalker... just a confused, sad, sad girl... Ugh. *Good riddance* L.joe thought. He took the long way home, you know, just incase... Honestly, L.joe didn't even want to kill Jackson and Minhyuk anymore-- he just wanted to go home.

FLASHBACK END.

"Is it just me, or did you guys hear a sneeze?" Jackson glanced at both of the boys. "I heard it." they answered. "Let's go check-" V quickly stopped Jackson by blocking the door with his arm. "But boss said not to open the door." Minhyuk laughed as he moved V's arm away. "You're such a child, V~ Boss didn't mean the door literally." V's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "He meant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter