Teach Me Your Ways, Master!

Learning From an Ex-Gang Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Author's p.o.v.)

===

"I'm home!" Ryung set her backpack on the floor before falling face-first on the coach-- and she had no intentions of moving from that spot. Minutes passed as she laid on the coach, not moving one inch. "Are you dead?" Ryung's younger brother, Hansol, walked into the living room, plopping down onto the coach.

"No, I'm not dead.. just simply relaxing-- by the way, you're squishing my feet. "Oh, okay." he nodded, ignoring her complaint. The sound of the front door opening signaled the two that their father and brother were home. "We're home!" they yelled, coming straight into the living room.

Minhyuk--the eldest of the three siblings- sat down on the coach, nearly crushing his little sister. "Move your , Ryung! We're watching a movie." Ryung tried to pull herself up, but couldn't do so considering her brothers were both sitting on her. "I can't move. And what movie? I didn't hear anything about this.."

Her older brother ignored her as he watched their father put the movie in the dvd player. "Dad, what movie is this?" her father ignored her as well, shushing her as he took a seat.

As the movie began, Ryung's eyes widened. What kind of movie is this? There was fighting, blood, yelling...this could only mean one thing-- it was one of those gang movies. Ryung knew her brothers and father were a fan of these types of films, but she had never watched one herself. Usually she would be studying, or doing something on her own, since any time they did watch one of these movies they completely ignored her.

She could see now why they liked this stuff so much. It was cool. The fighting was intriguing, and the mysterious gang members made her curious-- and the gang boss? He was awesome. The cold look he gave everyone, the effortless fighting skills that took down anyone that came in his path... This was all just so new and cool to her.

For awhile now, people have been asking what she wants to do now that she's entering into college soon-- who she wants to be, what career she wants... All the things that she didn't have an answer to-- but she did now. Ryung now knew what she wanted to be.

"I want to join a gang." Her brothers and father shushed, completely ignoring her new life decision-- maybe the most important one she'll ever make.

==

The next morning-   

"Ryung?" Mr. Shin rubbed his eyes, sitting up from the coach (since the night before was Friday, the boys and their father all fell asleep in the living room after staying up so late watching movies). "What are doing up so early on a Saturday?" he watched as she put her shoes on and smiled happily.

"Of course I'm up early! I have to go find a gang boss to help me learn the ways of the thug life!" after she ran out the front door, her father laid right back down, thinking he was still asleep.

Ryung walked around the city, searching for 'the one'-- 'the one' meaning someone who looks like a gang boss. Spending a Saturday searching the city for a gang boss is the life. The thug life. Or so Ryung thought...

"None of these people are anything like gang members... especially a boss." she whispered, sadly. "I have to keep looking though! They probably don't come out during the day, considering the sunlight can hurt them."

Despite the lack of gang boss-looking people, Ryung never gave up. She pulled out her phone, typing something in. "How...to find...a gang...boss..." suggestions like 'dark alleys' 'bars' and 'abandoned buildings' came u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter