without you

let me be your medicine

“Mingyu.”
“hmm.”
“you need to get up and pack your bag.”      
“don’t wanna.”

 

I sigh. This giant puppy just keep snuggling with me. resting his head on my chest. hugging me tightly. With his legs  tangling with mine..

I’m gonna miss this brat.

he make me hard to let him go. Our first trip to new York, and I failed to join them. this gastritis.

 

“cheol hyung going to be pissed if you’re late” I whisper to him.

“give me a break. I was staying up all night.” He buries himself more in my neck.

“nobody tell you to make a mini passport all night for that fox doll”

 

He lifts his head up and looks at me with his mouth gaped and widen eye,  like I was just offending his great ancestor.

 

“excuse you wonwoo. ‘that fox doll’ has a name. its name is woni” I can only facepalm. “and I can’t let woni going to airplane to new York without passport right? And it’s cute.” He pause and put a quick kiss on my lips. “just like you” he continue.

“I don’t need this kind of greasiness at 7 am” I state, while shoving his face away from me. “get up already”

 

He let go of his hands from my waist. Ah he finally listens to me. but then he suddenly move on top of me. his hair falling messily between his eyes. with his hands next to my head and his knee between my leg. Showing off his big grin that I want to wipe away from his face.

satan indeed came in a beautiful shape.

God damn it I should’ve saw this coming. This is mingyu we’re talking about.

 

“I’ll go only if you give me a kiss.”

“only one kiss and that’s it.” okay whatever as long as he get off me.

 

He close his eyes and move forward. I do the same. Until I can feel his soft touch on my lips. Sending sparks all over my body. I was about to pull away. But this brat ing smirk in our kiss. And I know that this won’t be only just one kiss. He my bottom lips. As if he was tasting candy. I didn’t want to open my lips and do what he wants.

At least that’s  what I thought I was going to do. But when he bites my lips and and manage to slips his tongue inside, Twirling our tongues in harmony, I find my hand travel to his neck pulling him closer deep into kiss. This is the taste that I won’t feel for the next couple days.

“umm guys I hate to interrupt. But we really need to go and mingyu you’re still not done with your stuff”

 

We immediately stop and looks at each other before moving our stare into the voice that came from in front of the door which belong to shua hyung.

 

“don’t just stare at me and move it.” he walks away and we can hear that he screams “I told you they were humping each other. This is why I don’t want to tell them. why must I lose on this bet.” As soon as he went out. We giggle . that must be traumatizing for our church oppa.

 

Luckily mingyu finally got up and actually organize his stuffs. Without forgetting one last kiss of course. It even took him longer for him to pick his “airport fashion” because he believes it’s his duty to look stunning while people taking his picture. After arguing with everyone. He decides to wear our not-so-subtle couple shirt and a simple jeans. He didn’t forget to bring a quite large bag so he can always carry his “woni” everywhere.

 

And that was it. they're really going to new York.

 

Without me.

 

They're saying goodbye and keep telling me to remember to eat and my meds. They tell me not to feel bad about not going to new York. And mingyu whines that I have to have my phone on me 24/7 . I just laugh. and casually throw lame puns like I always do.

 

And they left.

 

I can feel my smile slowly faded from my face when  I can’t  see them anymore.  I know they told me not to feel bad. But I still feel guilty and of course I can’t show them. I took a deep breath. I was really excited about going to new York. I always want to see time square with my own eyes. Performing somewhere outside asia. Standing on that stage with proud. Facing carat from states. 13 of us together. But the world doesn’t always work the way we want right? I can only support them from here. And try to get better as soon as I can.

 

 

♦♦♦♦

 

“wonwoo, it’s time to eat”

“okay” that’s all I said before I woke up. Still half dead and half dizzy. “what time is it?” I ask while searching for my phone

“around 12. The boys already in flight to new York. I’ll leave so eat up!”

“yeah yeah”

 

Finally found my phone under all my blankets. There are tons of message. Probably from mingyu. I open my lockscreen and check my notification and I was right beside from other members. Mingyu had bombarding my chat. This cute brat. A small manage to appear in my stoic face. I quickly reply to him although I know I won’t probably get any reply sooner.

 

mingpuppy

the airport is really crowded.  09.42

they can't get me any coffe. i'm so tired  09.45

have you eat?  09.48

everyone keep saying woni's passport is cute btw 10.01

WonwoOOOoOOo  10.02

HYUNG ARE YOU DEAD? 10.03

WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING ME? 10.13

 

wonwoo

12.19   i was sleeping.

12.19   safe flight.

12.19   call me when you're arrive.

 

 

 

I finished my food.  I'm really bored alone without them. I want to do something. But I’m not in the mood to do anything. It feels different when you’re alone. The dorm without any booseok’s song at the background or junhao’s Chinese conversation or shua’s bible reciting didn’t feel like dorm at all.

 

I pick up my worn out brown note book on the drawer table next to my bed. I might as well write some lyrics to get rid of this boredom. This is already my 8th notebook. Writing lyrics can be a good stress reliever sometimes. Letting all your emotion flowing without no one to judge you.

 

Well except hoonie. He can judge my lyrics okay, that’s his job.

 

♦♦♦♦

 

 

It’s already past midnight They should be arrived by now. But mingyu still not calling me. and I'm already sleepy. Then my phone vibrates. I was already excited but turns out. it’s not mingyu. It’s group chat. The kids tell me that they arrive. Maybe mingyu is too tired. So I let my eyes fall into the slumber. But suddenly my ringtone played. It was mingyu.

 

“hi from America, jeon wonwoo”  is it really only a day since the last time I heard him.

“hi from korea, kim mingyu”

“you’re not asleep”

“nah, I was waiting for your call”

“awwwe my stubborn boyfriend was waiting for me like a good puppy”

“I’ll hang up”

“wait wait I’m sorry.”

“hmmm”

“wonwoo”

“yeah”

“I miss you. I should’ve kiss you longer”

“it’s hasn’t even been 24 hours”

“but I do. It’s feel strange without you next to me. looking at the same star as you do. But without you.  Don’t you miss me?”

“I do. Your food is the best after all” I actually really missed him. But I want to a little bit.

“HOW CAN YOU ONLY MISS MY FOOD”

“because it’s made by someone I adore”

“you… ah always know how to make my heart throbs” he sighs. "so this is how long distance relationship feels like"

"you'll be back in a couple days, mingyu"

"yeah. a couple days without you" god damn it mingyu. don't make me missing you more.

“how was your first 14 hours flight”

“it was awful. Because you’re not there. I can’t call you. But luckily I have a recording of you, mumbling my name in your sleep. It’s really cute. So it was bearable”

“WHEN DID I EVER MUMBLING YOUR NAME YOU ERT”

“you don’t have to know everything, my love”

“I really want to punch you right now”

“don’t you mean you want to kiss me?” he laughs. breaking my heart in pieces. Because it’s truth. But I can’t do that. Spesially after i saw his airport preview still looking gorgeous.

 “I saw your airport preview. How can you still look so pretty after 14 hours straight”

“what was that?”

“I SAID YOU LOOK TY. GOODNIGHT MINGYU” why am I like this.

 

I groan and burry my face in my pillow. Mingyu texted me again after our call. He told me soonyoung finally got to eat plane’s food. And how they spent their time at plane. Until I fall asleep with my phone in my hand, and a smile on my face.

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

HEY WASSUP

PLEASE DO SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!

So tell me what do you think of this story so far. i was planning to make this as one shot only....

because i thought wonwoo'd come back after a one shot time of my story. but i guess i'm wrong. sobs.

so yeah expect more chapter in the future for my behind story imagination.

 

GUESS WHO'S READY FOR AN ERA WITHOUT WONWOO?!?!?!

 

definitely not me.

where my wonwoo stan at. let's hug and cry together