027

Act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cloud.

Lots of them.

Lay was laying out in an open field of freshly cut green grass.He was watching the clouds in the sky as they went by.He didnt know how long he had been out there but he didnt care , all he knew was that it was relaxing.He felt blissful.His wife wasnt there nor his relatives.No one to disturb his peaceful nap.He yawned stretching his back. He drifted off into peaceful slumber.

lay.

His sleep was peaceful and quiet.No one could bother him.He was in the shadow of a tree covering from the hot sun.The clouds had disappeared from the sky and the heat was scorching hot but he didnt mind because he was relaxing.

Lay.

The cool breeze kept him fresh.It had been so long since he had so much quiet.Peaceful silence.He didnt know how much he needed it until it was gone.

Lay!

Instead of a peaceful openfield under a tree watching clouds lay was faced with wife staring him in his face.He his teeth running his hands through his hair.

He forget he was dreaming.Instead of silence his head was filled with the sounds of the screams of his nieces and nephews in law.In stead of an openfield, he was at his in laws house in the scorching beach heat.And instead of watch clouds, he was watching his in laws bicker and yell over the simplist things.

He rolled lazily out of bed and slipped on his slippers ignoring his wifes mouth.

“Lay, what did I tell you this morning.We can't take naps we have to help Lindale watch her kids.”

His wife was a ball of spitfire.Everyone wondered how the two even fell in love.Lay wondered that as well.His wife in his eyes was the most insufferable woman he has ever met.

“Yes, mother.”he replied grabbing his shirt from the bathroom..Lay had gotten so comfortable to take his name he had even put on his pajamas.He knew she had hated when he called her that.His wife was 25 years older than him and liked to use it in arguements to show his immaturity and that she was always right.Lay used it to rub in her face.

He took out his pills from the medicine cabinet drowning it down with a beer and throwing a cigar up to his lips.He came out of the hallway to the living room to see 3 screaming kids all under the age of 5 running around foolishly shouting uncle.he kicked them off of his legs grabbing his beer in his hand.

“Lay, you know you cant smoke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter