32: Just A Little Funtime

Fallin' For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sweet aroma coming from the kitchen was what awakened Jessica the following day. She glanced at the clock resting at the bookshelf and saw that it's already seven-thirty in the morning. This means she had slept for eight hours and it was really refreshing. Even if she's the type of person who doesn't easily fall asleep in a new place, Jessica felt at home in her brother's house.

"Good morning oppa!" Jessica greeted right after she arrived at the kitchen. Her brother was in the middle of preparing their favorite breakfast when they were just kids which are pancakes, bacon and egg.

"G-Good morning Jess," Jessie greeted back but with obvious awkwardness in his tone. Even if hours have gone by since Jessica came to his house, the young man still can't believe that his sister is treating him the same way again after years of being distant to each other. It was even Jessica who came up with the decision to stay overnight. She listened to her brother's concerns and also helped him deal with the repercussions of his past decisions. It only proved that she has truly forgiven Jessie for everything that he has done. Hence, the young man felt genuinely happy again despite his current situation with Jaekyung.

"Do you need help?"

"No, it's okay Jess. I can manage. I'm almost done anyway."

While the two were having breakfast, Jessie sometimes stole a glance at his sister. His lips gradually curved upwards when he saw how happy she was while munching the foods he made. It reminded Jessie of the five year old Jessica who's merrily eating the pancakes prepared by their mother. Seeing it again up close made his eyes look glassy because of the tears of joy that were threatening to fall.

"Thank you," Jessie said with a voice that cracked midway. Curious as to what he's thankful of, Jessica stopped stuffing and gave him a questioning glance. "Thank you for forgiving me Jess. Even though I became a foolish brother who doesn't deserve to be forgiven, you still came here and gave me back the sister that I can lean on. Ever since we were kids you always know when I need your help. You always see in my eyes if I'm troubled with something or not. I thought I was like that as well because I always come to you at the right time. But I was proven wrong when I failed to realize how much Yoona means to you. And I further broke your heart when I didn't treat her the way you expected I would. You trusted me with her. You believed that I will learn to love her too but it's not what I did. I purposely hurt her. And by doing that, I hurt my sister twice as much as I did to her. I'm sorry if I didn't take care of the person you held dearly in your heart. I missed you so much Jess. Thank you for coming back and accepting me again as your brother."

Jessica rounded the table and comforted her weeping brother by securing him in her arms. "I missed you too, oppa. And I'm sorry too for the way I treated you. I will never do it again."

Because they have forgiven each other, one of the twins' burdens was lifted off their shoulders. The only things left for them to do is to fix their relationship with their parents and for Jessie to solve his problem with Kim Jaekyung.

Meanwhile at Hye Sun's café, one of her customers' mood wasn't as bright as the establishment's name. Instead of being glad that her night shift wasn't as busy as the last time, Im Yoona was moping because of the news she heard from her colleagues when she clocked out this morning.

"What's gotten into her?" Hye Sun asked her boyfriend who was also observing the doe-eyed girl seated five tables away from the counter. "It's been a while since I've seen her like that. Did something happen at work?"

"I'm afraid I don't know. I haven't speak to her after midnight because it was busy at the Emergency Department," Kim Bum replied.

Because they're itching to know what spoilt Yoona's mood, the couple decided to ask their friend about her problem. "It's Jessica. She's in Seoul and I'm not even aware of it. I only learned that she's here when I heard my co-workers talking about it." The grumpy doe-eyed girl crossed her arms and pouted. Her expression and reason for her foul mood were funny for Kim Bum and Hye Sun but they chose to suppress their laughter to avoid being killed by Yoona's glare.

"You're sulking because your girlfriend didn't tell you that she's coming?" Hye Sun clarified. Yoona's silence and brief eye contact were enough answers for her so she proceed with another questions. "Isn't she always like that? She always just pops out of nowhere doesn't she?"

"No,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter