001

Underlying Motives

"What am I going to do today? I miss him so much."

Jinri put down the magazine that's almost torn on the table and looked outside through the only window in her small apartment. What to do, a villain doesn't get much income. They're just there to spice up the story. She looked back to the magazine, considering to read it again for the thousandths time already. As a result of her being a villain, she didn't get much time to go out and do some shoppings.

Jinri lives a lonely life, without anyone by her side. Well, at first, she had someone. And that person was her father. But due to some unfortunate incidents, her father died. Maybe of old age, maybe because of depression. Jinri never really sat down and gave it a thought. They had been wandering on the streets like beggars. They were beggars. And when one day, Jinri woke up and saw her lifeless father beside her, she knew that the time she had to live alone had come. And just like that, she let her father go.

Well, for today, Jinri decided to just go out for a bit and have a walk. As long as she wears a cap and a mask, no one will notice her. People are too busy to care about others.

It was one of the days where the rain poured down mercilessly, giving Jinri a hard time finding a shelter. Normally, Jinri wouldn't enter a department store but because of the rain, she had to take shelter inside the store. Once she entered the store and saw all kinds of food, she remembered that she hadn't eaten for days. A wicked thought came to her mind but she shrugged it off and tried diverting her attention to the pouring rain outside. But the thoughts of the food kept on tugging at her mind and unknowingly she took a cup of ramen and sneakily ate it after taking off her mask. She had 2 mouths of the ramen before a man came and stood beside her, opening his own cup of ramen. They were both standing at the table where people eat ramen.

"You didn't pay for that, right?" The man said, his gaze was straight ahead. As if denying that he was communicating with her. 

Jinri widened her eyes in shock and looked at him, hoping he wouldn't raise any alarm. Or she would be beaten to death. She had seen a lot of her friends getting the same treatment from the society, and they eventually died because they received no treatment.

"This time I'll pay for you. But the next time..." The guy finally turned his face towards her. "You know what'll happen."

That guy then left the store, leaving Jinri frozen there. She couldn't move as her mind was too full with weird thoughts. And her body was feeling funny. She then continued eating her food slowly, her mind was still filled with the event that happened earlier. She didn't even know what was she feeling.