A New Hope

Bittersweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woah...this place is so damn big.”

 

Right now, Jihoon are standing in front of big office, the place where he supposed to get his interview. It was a big skyscraper in the middle of Gangnam, an elite area with a lot of skyscraper, branded store, and everything nice. Things that Jihoon are not used to.

 

Right now Jihoon was thinking how much milk money that he have to spend just to get at least that one tie at that fancy store, not that he needed one, just curious. It’s a good thing to be curious right? that what he always tell Heungji, he’s aiming to be a good parent for him (even though Wonwoo always said that he will not because of the amount of the profanities that he use, and Wonwoo can just shut the hell up, thank you very much).

 

But why did he come here in the first time? right now he should be working at a cafe, not in this oh-so-rich area.

 

Well, thanks to the certain someone puppy (a.k.a Kim Mingyu) he now have a job interview where he can get a good job with appropriate salary, AND Mingyu said it will be a flexible job where he can bring Heungji and not going home too late. So the hell with the job he has now, he is going to get that money and support right now.

 

Since this is Jihoon we are talking about, of course he go and ask for permission to the Cafe owner first, he is a responsible adult who responsible for his action after all, just action, not word, god knows Jihoon swear like a prisoner do.

 

Jihoon then entering the big office and using the stairs to get to the 3rd floor (he still fit and need to stay healthy to take care of his 4 sons-yes, Chan, Wonwoo and Mingyu included). Once he arrived he ask the secretary there for the room where he will do the interview and knock the door.

 

“Come in” Low-soft voice can be heard from inside the room.

 

“Uh..excuse me, I”m Lee Jihoon, the one that will do the interview today?”

 

“Ah, yes yes I’ve heard before, come and sit here. My name is Jung Taekwoon, and I’m a part of HR staff here in charge of recruitment, let just start the interview now, shall we?” Leo then move from where he sit to bring another chair in front of small table. Jihoon just realize that right now he is in pantry, seeing all the glass, cup, microwave and even stove, he wonder why he is having an interview here, maybe..he is not worth the room that they usually use for regular staff?

 

“Ah, sorry but I just really like it here since I can make coffee easily, also this will be your room to if you are accepted in this interview.” Taekwoon said while drinking the coffee.

 

“Oh, sure, it’s fine with me, I don’t really mind it though.” Jihoon sit in front of Taekwoon.

 

“Another reason is because my department head and the intern is a piece of that annoying me” Taekwoon mumbling while drinking his Coffee.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Nah nothing, let’s just start the interview shall we? so your name is Lee Jihoon, graduating from high school, so why do you want this job? since you are actually young...and can do much more?”

 

“I heard that his company is good at treating it’s employee and also giving the appropriate salary according to the job that someone do that’s probably the main reason why I want to work here, also you guys have a flexible working hours and rules that support working parent here so...that’s one too.”

 

 

“We do have rules that support working parent here..but why does that concern you?” Taekwoon eyeing him with such a curiosity, why does someone so young need to concern whether the company support working parent or not.

 

“Well, I’m actually have one son with me, he is 6 years old, and yeah I need all the help in the world that can support me on raising him.” Jihoon just look at his own hands, not having the courage to see Taekwoon eyes. Of course this is not a first time that he is confessing that he is a young father, still he can’t help but expecting the judgement that most people have.

 

After all, what Jihoon have done are still considering taboo in this era, having a son so young, no marriage, no lover.

 

Oh, how he hates the pity and disgusting stare that people throw at him when they know the fact that he has a son.

 

Even Though, from early age he already used to the stares from people around him since he is a bad luck, but it still hurts you know. Jihoon will never get past that pain, it just hurt so bad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter