Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

There are a lot of things that make us happy and positive, and that make us feel excited and comfortable whenever we feel down. We always know there’s someone who cares for us. But for Eunwoo, It’s almost delusive.

His parents died a month ago due to car crash and he’s still affected by the tragedy. He doesn’t know any of their relatives because he hated most of them. Every night, is a gloomy evening for Eunwoo.. He hugged his knees and stared at the moonlight as it glistened over his face.

“For just once, I wanted to feel happy.” He murmured.

 

Eunwoo started to quickly eat his breakfast because he’s going to be late for the 2nd time. He couldn’t let his grades fail since he’s a top-notcher and a scholar at the same time. He then prepped up, grabbed his bag, together with his books as he rushed outside. There’s a new guy in town who is going in the same school with him. A lot of people said he’s handsome and pretty famous too and to Eunwoo’s surprise, he saw a guy who's wearing the same uniform while waving infront of him. He gave him a ‘who the are you’ look. He rolled his eyes and walked on his way to school leaving the stranger behind.

“H-hey!”

He didn’t mind the guy as he walked faster because he’s really weirded out by him. Eunwoo finds him cute but it's just different for him, not being used to new people greeting him. Eunwoo arrived infront of the school gates already. There are a lot of students gathered at the gate, so he decided to weave himself in the crowd just to make his way to the classroom. He looked around and he saw this strange guy again being surrounded by girls.

Oh, I see. He's the one being mobbed at.

“Excuse me…” he politely said in a quiet tone in the middle of the crowd. “Excuse me… excu-“

I fell. . Okay cool, they’re all staring at me.

He rushed as he fixed his things then he suddenly felt strange when someone helped him with gathering his stuffs. The pair of deep brown eyes staring at him caught his attention.

. It was him.

tumblr_inline_nujsr2YZoh1ttoj1x_500.gif

Eunwoo’s pertaining to the guy he just sassed a while ago. No, this can't be, this can’t be, this can’t be.. He said to himself on and on as he felt this peculiar feeling unto this guy who helped him.

"Here you go." the unknown guy said with a warm smile as he gave the books to Eunwoo. "I'm Moonbin and it looks like you're the guy I just saw in the streets," He introduce himself and extends his hands while chuckling softly for a handshake. Eunwoo gazed once again on his eyes and he felt his pale cheeks burning up and turning red. He quickly grabbed the books on the boy's hands as he felt his whole body heating up. Moonbin softly caressed his left cheek. "Oh, you feel hot... I think we should get out of this crowd soon, let's go." Moonbin grabbed Eunwoo's right hand pushing themselves in the crowd on the way to clinic. 

They left the group of people behind while Eunwoo pulled back his hand while wrinkling his nose, repeatedly looking back to check if the girls are trailing behind them. "Stop. We already passed them.. tch. I'll go-" Moonbin didn't let him finish as he grabbed his hands.  "Don't you remember me, Dongmin-ah?" Eunwoo was shocked by Moonbin calling him with his real name. He pushed him while giving him a shocked face. "Aigu- don't you remember Binnie?" Moonbin pouted. "bin..b-binnie?!" he tilted his head while staring at him. Moonbin nodded twice before showing him a picture of then when they were kids. "Don't you remember how we used to play on our garden? Because, I do and I'm starting to miss you more. Can I have another hug from my childhood bestfriend?" Eunwoo blinked the tears that are welling in his eyes and hugged him without hesitation. "You came back." he said in a soft voice.

ca26d88c9c9b5e7d45febfd74805f503.jpg

--

"You should treat me for helping you get out of that crowd" Moonbin said jokingly while sitting on the sky blue painted seats in front of the cafeteria. “Excuse me but you’re actually the reason why there’s a lot of girls swarming there which is also the main reason why I fell in front a lot of people” He said while giving Moonbin a bitter look. “Okay kid, chill” Moonbin let out a small chuckle from the younger boy’s expression. “Can I ask you something?” Moonbin asked. “Do you still have… the other half?” He slowly parted the collar of his uniform and showed a necklace with a pastel-pink tiny lock which made it even cuter. Eunwoo nods a few times as he flashed his angelic smile and showed him the small key that goes with it. “I always wear this necklace because it came from someone special.” Moonbin smiled at the ground as he fixed his eyes with Eunwoo. “I-I think we better go back to our classes Binnie.” Moonbin nodded and replied “Sure, I’ll catch up with you later!”. They parted ways through their classrooms and spent the whole day thinking about each other.

--

Moonbin’s POV

He’s currently waiting outside their classroom and he’s getting impatient from counting the students passing him until he decided to take a peek inside. He saw Eunwoo hugging his knees on the floor while shaking. He rushed to Eunwoo and held his hands. “Dongmin? Are you alright?” Eunwoo pushed away his hands and stared at him with watery eyes. “W-who are you?” Moonbin was startled by his reaction as he bit his lower lip. “Where am I? Yah! Answer me!” he said aggressively as he felt dizzy and unconciously fell to the cold floor. Moonbin picked him up and rushed to the school clinic.

Moonbin decided to stay late for Eunwoo. It’s been an hour since Eunwoo out. Eunwoo woke up with Moonbin sleeping on his side. He took a glimpse of Moonbin’s face and smiled. “Binnie wake up.” He poked his cheek. Moonbin woke up and smiled at Eunwoo. “What happened earlier?” Moonbin softly pinched his left cheek and hushed. “Shh.. Nothing. Let’s go, I’ll drive you to your house so you could rest properly” he smiled. “But I want to stay with Binnie instead..” he insisted while pouting. “Ahhh stop acting cute, it’s my weakness!” Moonbin said which made Eunwoo pout even more. “Okay okay, I’ll spend the whole night with you then.” Moonbin agreed and drove to Eunwoo’s house. They got in and Moonbin found this flat pretty small for Eunwoo. “Where are your parents Dongmin-ah?” Moonbin asked. “Oh…” Eunwoo looked down and started to tear up a bit. The tragic death of his parents are still fresh to his mind like an open-wound. “Dongmin, why? What happened?” Moonbin softly patted Eunwoo’s back. “They died in a.. car accident. Just a month ago.” Moonbin was shocked as he pulled Eunwoo into a warm hug. Eunwoo became very weak and gloomy from the incident. He never thought this kind of scenario would happen in his life. Moonbin wiped his tears and planted a soft kiss on his forehead. “I’m sorry to hear that. I’m always here for you, okay?” He said comfortingly.

7:04 AM

Eunwoo slept by Moonbin’s soothing embrace. Eunwoo missed the days he spent with Moonbin since they moved to a new house. Though, Moonbin gave Eunwoo a necklace as a remembrance. This reminds them that even though they are far away from each other, their hearts will never be separated. Moonbin started to feel something for Eunwoo. Eunwoo started to feel something for his best friend too. Not knowing that Moonbin feels the same way for his friend. 

“Wake up Dongmin... ack- my neck hurts” he patted Eunwoo’s shoulder and flashed him a bright smile. “Good Morning,” “Do you think we should go out for breakfast hmm?” Eunwoo asked still laying on his lap. “Great idea, I know the perfect place. Just a few blocks from here.” Eunwoo nodded and quickly changed clothes. A nice plain white tee paired with fitted denim jeans. He grabbed Moonbin’s hand as they walked outside the house. Moonbin finds him extremely beautiful in casual clothing. It made him fall in love with him even more. Moonbin held his hands and guided on their way to the eatery. “It’s my first time eating… in this kind of.. fast food chain” Moonbin laughed on how Eunwoo described the eatery. “Hahahaha no. It’s not a fast food chain, It’s an eatery. Go on take a pick from 

the menu.” Moonbin pointed at the large signage posted at the wall. After a few minutes, they decided to take the same order and ate really well. People are surprised by Eunwoo’s feminine yet handsome face. You could hear silent ‘oohs” and ‘woahs’ around them. After eating, they walked back to Eunwoo’s house. Moonbin felt very happy while spending his morning with Eunwoo. Eunwoo stopped by the door and massaged his temples. “I think you should go back. I’ll rest for awhile” Eunwoo smiled weakly leaving Moonbin in a worried stance. Eunwoo closed the door, after a few minutes Moonbin heard something fell inside. He quickly rushed inside and found Eunwoo laying on the floor unconciously.

. What’s happening? Is he sick? I’m so worried now. 

Moonbin carried him to the bed and called their personal doctor.

“Yes, Mr. Moonbin?”

“Ahh, Good Morning Dr. Taeil. Can I ask something?”

“Sure, what can I do for you?”

“Uhh, my friend’s experiencing blackouts recently and he’ll forget his surrounding.. even my name! What’s happening, is he sick?”

“Oh. I think you should engage a checkup as soon as possible. It might be something more than just blackouts”

“Okay, please get here by afternoon. Just in front of my house”

“Sure, I’ll fix my things and get there quick”

“Thanks, good bye”

Moonbin ended the call and sat beside Eunwoo. 

I don’t want to lose you again. You’re the best thing I ever had and I won’t let you go again. If I could only tell you how much I love you.

An hour passed and Eunwoo’s still unconscious and he seem to look paler than usual. Moonbin heard a knock on the door. He rushed to the living room and opened the door. He let the doctor inside and guided him to Eunwoo’s bedroom.

After a few minutes, the doctor told Moonbin that it could be Alzheimer’s disease. Sadly, no one survives from it. It destroys brain cells and causes memory changes, erratic behaviors and loss of body functions as the doctor told him, he was shocked by the results as he started crying in front of the doctor. Taeil gave him a mild pat on his back. “I think the stress and depression made him want to forget everything which leads to this. Make him happy and cherish moments with him, most victims, if lucky, live with a span of 5-10 years longer.” The doctor said before leaving.

Eunwoo woke up with Moonbin on his footboard sobbing. He slowly got up and gave Moonbin a back hug. “Why is my best friend crying? Is it because of me?” Eunwoo asked as he landed his chin on Moonbin’s shoulder. Moonbin wiped his tears as he muttered, “I’m fine.. don’t worry.” forcing a smile on his face.

“Binnie… I heard everything… I’m sorry if I’m causing so much trouble to you or bothering you” Eunwoo said softly. Moonbin faced him and held his hands. “No… I care so much for you. You’re the best thing that happened to me. Eunwoo, can’t you see? I’m hurting because I love you so much. I love you more than you think.” Moonbin said while crying. Eunwoo wiped his tears and smiled. “I’m glad you feel the same way. I love you too, Moonbin.”

It’s just another phase of our story

Another wave from the current

Everything will be fine as long as my love, my moonlight through the darkness

My shield through this war, my love, is beside me.

I’ll conquer everything

As long as we’re walking together

Our desaturated path will be filled with blossoming petals

 

Two years passed…

It’s been two years since Moonbin and Eunwoo confessed their feelings to each other. Eunwoo stood strong with his lovingly, soon-to-be-husband Moonbin. They’re getting married this month and they just adopted a boy named Binwoo. Funny how the child’s name looked like he’s named after his parents. Moonbin owns a café for now and they have four workers. Together with Sanha, Rocky, Myungjun and Jinwoo they managed to make their small business grow.

“Appa!” Binwoo called on Eunwoo. “Yes, son?” Binwoo showed him a drawing on a paper. There are three flowers in it, the two flowers seems to be bigger by the one in the middle. “Wow! This is so pretty!” Eunwoo praised his son as he gave him a pat on his head. Moonbin took a peek from the door to see his beautiful boyfriend and son. “Appa! The big blue flower is Moonbin appa, the pink one is you!” The child pointed out while chuckling. Moonbin smiled from the view and kept on watching them. “Hmm, let me guess who’s the yellow one… It’s my lovely son, binwoo!” Eunwoo said as he tickled the boy’s sides. “Yyaaaah appa! Stop it, hahaha” Moonbin joined the two as he said “Here comes blue flower appa!” Laughs and chuckles could be heard from the room until Eunwoo felt dizziness. “Baby, Appa will go to the bathroom for a while okay? Binnie keep an eye on our son” He said with a weak smile as he made his way to bathroom. Before leaving the room Eunwoo fell unconsciously which made Moonbin and their son shocked. “Dongmin?!” Moonbin rushed to his partner and gave him a light pat on his cheek noticing his pale skin, he quickly put him on the bed and called the doctor.

Please, stay strong for me, love. Hold on for us.

The doctor arrived quickly and was shocked by Eunwoo’s state 

He gave Eunwoo a check up and told Moonbin that everything got worse and it affected his whole body. “I’m sorry but—“ Moonbin didn’t let the doctor finished and said “It’s okay. Thank you. You did your best, thank you.” Moonbin sat beside Eunwoo with Binwoo on his lap. “A-appa? Is appa going to be alright?” the young boy asked with a sad face shown on his face. “Yes sweetie. He’s just sleeping for a while.” Binwoo kissed his weak father on the cheek which made Eunwoo woke up. He widen his eyes as he muttered, “Who are you?” The three words that came out from Eunwoo’s pale lips made Moonbin sobbed with his clenched fist on top of his mouth. “Appa? It’s me Binwoo! I’m glad your awake now.” Binwoo hugged Eunwoo but Eunwoo pushed him away. “What? I don’t have a son! Who are you?!” Eunwoo said that made the young lad cry. Moonbin carried Binwoo outside the room and entered inside the café. “Myungjun!” Moonbin called on his most trusted worker on the café. “Yes, sir!?” Myungjun jokingly said as he gave Moonbin a salute. “Please take care of him for a while…”

Moonbin rushed back to Eunwoo’s room and gave his boyfriend a glass of water. Eunwoo accepted it and smiled. “Thank you honey, I thought you left me alone. Where’s our son?” he asked. “Shhh.. Binwoo is currently playing his hyungs. How are you, love?” Eunwoo looked down while slowly caressing his fiancé’s hands. “I know you could fine someone who’s better than me. Binnie-ah… I feel weak now.” Moonbin teared up again and Eunwoo didn’t wiped it this time. Instead, he pulled up Moonbin’s hands made him wipe his own tears. “There sweetie, learn to wipe your own tears. I won’t be able to do this next time. Hahaha, kidding-“ Moonbin didn’t let him finished as he locked their lips together. “I love you Eunwoo. I know you’re aching now, If I could only ease the pain...” Eunwoo smiled. “shh honey, it’s fine.. I’ll be fine” The door opened as Binwoo rushed to sit beside his two loving fathers. Myungjun knocked and said “Ahh- sorry… He ran away from me” Myungjun said while pouting. “It’s fine, you could go now” Moonbin said as he received a nod from Myungjun. “Son, protect your father for me, okay? You too, be strong! Eunwoo appa loves you so much.” Eunwoo said with tears falling from his eyes. “Yes, appa. Binwoo loves you too!” he gave Eunwoo a hug. “Really? Give me a goodnight kiss then!” “B-but it’s still afternoon, right?” Binwoo asked with his head tilted a bit. “Yes, but Appa needs to sleep now.” Moonbin cried more by Eunwoo’s words. “Ohhh, appa’s tired now? Okay! Sleep well appa, I’ll visit you in your dreams! Visit my dream land too appa!” Binwoo planted a soft kiss on his father’s lips and left the room.

“I think I forgot something…” Eunwoo gazed at Moonbin’s eyes for the last time. “a kiss from my best friend maybe?” Moonbin smiled and gave him a passionate kiss.

 “I love you, Eunwoo… I’ll miss you. Please, don’t leave me…”

“Shhh…I feel sleepy. I love you too.”

“Please… Stay…”

“I really wanted to but, I can’t take it anymore. Moonbin, my best friend, my love, my pup cat, my fiancé…” Eunwoo kissed his forehead. “I” he left a kiss on his nose. “Love” and lastly, a peck on his lips. “You.” He said before closing his eyes for a deep sleep.