Chapter 2

That Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae suddenly remembered the spell that was cast unto him.

"McCarthyburg?" he asked to the little boy. The little boy nodded. "Yes, this is McCarthyburg. If you wish to enter our kingdom, you must change your clothing first. We don't want the guards at the gate to arrest you for your weird robe."

"Is that even necessary? And this is a t-shirt, not a weird robe, bull." Youngjae glared. The little boy scooted through his side. "Come, we must change your clothing first." Then they both went to a near cottage beside an oak tree.

"Is this your cottage?" Youngjae asked. The younger shook his head. "No, it's not mine. But the owner of this place is whom I trust. Don't worry, young man."  He ran to the door and knocked several times.

The door opened and saw a woman in her late 40's according to Youngjae. "Bambam! What bring you here?" When her eyes shifted to Youngjae, her eyes furrowed. But the little boy said, "It's not what you think, auntie! I saw him in the forest lying down and I wish to help him."

The woman looked at Youngjae, trying to figure out something in him. "C-come, c-come inside and we'll help this young man." The two went inside her cottage, it was old but it feels warm inside. "O-oh! Sit down!" They both sat down at the weird-looking couch a few meters far from the fireplace.

The woman sat down as well and looked like she was nervous, which questioned Youngjae. "So..how did you arrived in a place very far away like this?" she asked. Youngjae said, "I..I don't know. I just woke up and realized that I'm here." She laid back on her seat, somehow nervous. "That's impossible! How?"

Youngjae sat uncomfortably. "Well..there is a reason." The little boy and the woman looked at him, confused. "Is it something personal?" Youngjae managed to look at them. "Would you mind keeping a secret? Or else.." The woman hurriedly closed the door shut and locked it and closed most of the lights off, leaving the fireplace only the source of light in the room.

"Go on, young lad," she said nonchalantly. He took a deep breath, and started telling them everything. Who he was, and that he was a delinquent that has nothing to do with his life and most importantly, his spell.

"A witch named Hye Soo casted a spell on you and in order to be broken, you have to feel what's the most powerful thing. And if you are unable to break the spell, you will die in two days, Youngjae. You don't have much time, young lad," she said. "I know! What will I do? What's the most powerful thing in the whole ing mankind in order for me to feel?!" Youngjae yelled.

"What's a 'ing'?" The little boy asked. "Bambam, don't say that again. I think it's something bad," she said while searching some clothes for Youngjae. Youngjae nodded, "Yes, it's something bad. And don't say it ever again."

The woman sat at Youngjae's side and handed him a set of old clothes for him to wear. "Here, you have to wear this. We don't want the guards at the gate to arrest you for wearing whatever that is." Youngjae accepted the clothes. "Thank you. Is there a dress code when you enter the kingdom?"

The younger boy shooked his head. "No. The guards will know that you are not from here and will not let you in if you wear something like that." Youngjae shrugged. "It's a t-shirt."

~~

Youngjae eventually wore the clothes even though it was uncomfortable to him. "What kind of cloth is this?" The little boy smiled. "It's bear fur." 

"What the actual ." He cussed then turned to the lady. "One thing I realized, why do I need to enter the kingdom when I have to feel the most powerful thing?"

"I assure you, you will find what you are looking for in that kingdom. And it is ruled by King Raymond. His wife, the queen, died and so as his children. But only one of his sons survived. And I think you'll have to enter their castle if you want the most powerful thing, if you may."

"But.."

"No buts, there is not much time. You have to start your mission Youngjae. Or else, you'll die."

The little boy hugged Youngjae. "I hope you would find what you're looking for. If you need any help, call us."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Call? How am I going to call you?" The lady smiled. "Just call us, and we'll be there."

Youngjae nodded and opened the door without hesitation and was about to leave. "I'll see you soon. And thanks for helping me!" He waved at them.

The two waved back, smiling, then whispered. "Our pleasure, Youngjae. Our pleasure."

 

Youngjae walked like a normal person to the large gate surrounded by guards. And the guards were giving him weird looks as he was approaching the gate.

"What brings you here, young lad?" A big guard who is obviously the leader spoke up. Youngjae's delinquent self ran away from him as he swallowed his own saliva. "I-i w-wish to enter t-the king-kingdom."

Another guard whispered something to the leader. And the leader gave him a weird look. "What is your name, lad?"

"Y-youngjae."

All of the guard's eyes widened in response. "Youngjae?"

He gave him a confused look. "Yes, Youngjae. Is there something wrong?" They shook their heads. "So you were the person that Your Highness was talking about."

"Your Highness?" what the actual is happening here. "I'm sorry but I think you were mistaken. I'm not that Youngjae. There are lots of Youngjae's around the world."

"Yet." The leader smirked. "What is your last name?"

"Choi."

Their eyes widened again. "Confirmed. He's that Youngjae.

"Bull. I had enough of this. Can you please tell me what is happening?" Youngjae blurted out. The guards fell silent, anxious. The leader went closer to him. "Alright. But do not tell this to anyone. Your Highness will execute us if he finds out about the secret being revealed." He said with complete seriousness in his eyes. Youngjae nodded.

"The kingdom of McCarthyburg was very happy and wealthy. The Tuan clan was fair in ruling the kingdom together. However, war broke down and a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter