Chapter 12

The Dark of a Light

Jackson pulled the car over next to the bunker. There was another car there, a Toyota Corolla that belonged to Jinyoung. That meant that he was back and was probably pissed that Geo was out on case. Thankfully, Jae Bum would be able to explain his orders. When they got inside, they heard noises that never usually filled the empty bunker. They were greeted happily by the others before they went back to their conversations.

Jinyoung immediately went to Jae Bum's side.

"Who's the newbie?" He nodded his head toward SinB who was busy introducing herself to Geo.

"Nephilim. By the way, we have to tell her that we're not using her as a lock and a key or else she won't help us."

"You're talking to someone who lies for a job, Nyoungie. Where's Mark?"

Jinyoung stepped back and sighed. He ran a hand through his hair and Jae Bum saw how tired he was. "He's on the search of God again."

"With Kai?"

Jinyoung shook his head. "Alone."

Jae Bum decided not to press the topic further in fear it would upset his closest friend. Instead he pat his friend's back and walked with him to the main room to join the others, his hand still on his back.

"Alright, Soojung," Bam Bam said. Geo flinched at the name. "We've got someone to help us find the other Nephilim and the two Cambions. What about the final puzzle piece?" 

Jackson, Yugyeom and Jae Bum looked confused. 

"Who?" Jae Bum asked. 

Geo looked embarrassed. She raised her hand shakily and said, "me. Park Soojung is my Korean name. How did you guys-"

"Mark," the hunters replied her. 

Geovanna nodded. "Well, then... Alright. SinB, you can find the other Nephilim?"

SinB stood up confidently. "That's right. My cousin or whatever. I can find him easily. I was facing the guy for like 2000 years." She laughed with the witch. 

"Good because we found a trail to a Cambion!" Geo replied. 

"Ooh! Jungkook or Yeeun?"

"Uhh..."

Yugyeom stepped in. "We're guessing Jungkook. That's the one we've been chasing."

"Oh, well in that case, it's good that you have a pretty girl to help you. He sways easy," SinB joked.

Krystal turned her laptop around, showing the two new targets. "Jang Yeeun and Kim Mingyu. Yes. Apparently all hybrids are attractive." She rolled her eyes and laughed as she noted Jackson's eyes widening. She made her laptop face her again. "Where do you think the Antichrist is?"

"Nonhyeoni. Neighbourhoods surrounding have all had weird things happening around them. Someone who scratched their brain out, apple tree and seeds, animals coming from toilets, explosive farts and girls turning into dolls. Yeah, I really wish I was lying," Yugyeom said, sitting down and taking a bite out of the kimbap. "Nonhyeoni is literally smackbang in the middle of it all, with nothing happening."

"Any idea where Brownie?"

Yugyeom shrugged, mouth full of food. "Just the neighbourhood."

"Quite a big neighbourhood. But we figured someone that was a brilliant tracker could help us." Yugyeom batted his eyelashes.

Krystal pretended to be digusted. "Ugh, don't try that aegyo on me, Kim Yugyeom!"

"Noona~" he sang

"Alright fine!"

Yugyeom smiled from ear to ear as he jumped up and hugged Krystal. "Thank you! If anyone could do it, it'd be you!"

She muttered something about using Jackson under her breath but Yugyeom didn't hear. He happily munched on his kimbap and listened to the others make plans.

Gikwang stood up and stretched. "Alright, I am going to go home because I need a shower and we have our own little case to work on. Hope it all works out for you guys." He made a two finger salute and left the room, Junho tailing behind him. Just before he left the room, he stole a piece of bulgogi from Yugyeom, making the younger boy whine in protest. Junho laughed and rubbed his knuckles into his head. 

"Later guys!"

"Alright, so who's going on the trip to the Antichrist?" Youngjae asked as the door shut. Jinyoung opened his mouth when Youngjae answered his own question. "I'm guessing me, Bam Bam and SinB. Or even Soojung. What do you guys think? I think it's a good plan."

"You ask a question and answer it yourself, what's the point?" Bam Bam said.

"You took to long," Youngjae reasoned. Bam Bam decided against arguing.

Jae Bum clapped his hands together once, making the others jump and look at him. "Krystal and Jackson, you try and see if you can get anything on the Naphaelem. Yugyeom, SinB and Bam Bam, see if you can get the other Nephilim. Youngjae and Soojung, you're on the second Cambion. Jinyoung, Nayeon, you guys are with me to Nonhyeoni. Any questions?" Several members in the group raised their hands. "No? Good. Get going."

Those with their hands raised looked around confused and awkwardly put their hands down. Im Jae Bum, the leader. No one questioned him. Krystal and Jackson set off to do their work; Krystal tapping away at her keyboard and Jackson looking on enviously as he used his two index fingers to tap a list of books he would look at. SinB started off on a conversation with Bam Bam and Yugyeom telling her everything she knew about her cousin, Mingyu. As for the other five, they looked to each other. They had no idea who they were supposed to be looking for.

"Hyung, why don't all of us just go to look for the two Cambions?" Youngjae asked shyly. Friendly as he was, he seemed apprehensive to work with Geo alone. But Jae Bum couldn't put Jinyoung with her. And if SinB was correct, they couldn't go all males either. They needed Nayeon. Pretty as she was, Jinyoung would refuse to work with Geo. And Jae Bum was not going on this hunt without him. 

"Sorry, man. Look, I know where to go to find this one. We have your number; I'll just tell you if you need to look for Jungkook or Yeeun. And Soojung's a pretty good tracker, being a witch and all. But she found the neighbourhood and she's helping us." Jae Bum's ulterior motive was to comfort Youngjae and not make it seem offensive to Geo that he needed it. Whether or not she saw this, she didn't show it. Slowly, Youngjae lifted his head high, a sign that he'd take the orders. Jae Bum smiled gently and watched as the two left to consult Krystal on searching. Jae Bum turned back to his own group, taking his keys from his pocket. 

"Alright, lady and gentleman. A hunting we a-go to Nonhyeoni, not too slow!"

The other two looked at him unamused. "That. Was not your finest," Nayeon told him.

"You're just unappreciative!"

"No, you just can't rhyme or be funny," she retorted.

Jae Bum pouted and poked his tongue out. He pretended to flip his non existant long hair and said, "You just can't identify talent." He strutted out of the room, leaving behind the two laughing hunters.

Jinyoung called after him, "Dear God, if that is considered talent, kill me." He laughed before following the leader. 

Nayeon trailed after the two. It was gonna be a long case. 

 



 

A bit of a filler chapter tbh, but I wanted to make the actual hunting in the story their own chapters, or two sides in one in case it was too short or something, rather than putting the plan and then going on. Sorry if this one wasn't great!! But I hope it doesn't discourage you from reading...

Thank you!! Next chapter next week ^^