Part 02 (Final)

Eternal

Warning: Death; Mild ual descriptions (but not actual descriptive scenes); Cursing; Angst (angst and more angst I'm sorry ;-; )

 

 

Jungkook kneeled one knee on the bed, supporting himself as he hovers above Jimin who laid half-asleep seeing as he was awoken by the younger boy. The latter grinned as he watched Jimin shift, whining slightly and opening one eye to look up at him. Jungkook gave a chuckle, leaning down to give the sleepy boy a peck on the forehead.

“Baby, I’ll be going to the stands first. Sleep a little longer alright? I’ll see you soon, beautiful.” Jungkook cradled Jimin’s face in one hand, leaning down once more to place a kiss (that lasted longer this time) on Jimin’s plump lips.

“A-all the best, babe. See you later.” Jimin tried not to groan from the grogginess, but the fact that the sun was barely out didn’t help. Jungkook grinned his teeth-y grin once more, getting off the bed and moving to the table where all his things were laid out on. He grabbed his broomstick, his duffel with extra clothes and other things and walk towards the door.

“I love you.” Jimin propped himself up on the bed, waving at Jungkook. To which Jungkook replied by blowing a kiss.

 

---

 

“Jimin, is Jungkook already at the stands?” Yoongi shoved his hands into his pockets, shuffling through the growing crowds in the Great Hall to get to Jimin. Never had Yoongi been more grateful for Jimin’s bright orange hair, it made identification so much easier.

“Yoongi! Yep, Namjoon and Taehyung are there too. Is Seokjin coming with us?” Jimin asked, glancing around in the crowd. There were way too many brunettes and Seokjin definitely camouflaged among them, if he were even there.

“I’m here!” A hand raised from amongst the crowd, waving in Jimin and Yoongi’s direction.

“Seokjin?!” Yoongi yelled over the ruckus of the crowd.

“Yes! Outside the hall, now!” The hand disappeared back into the crowd. Yoongi and Jimin squeezed through packs of Slytherin girls, earning a few gasps here and there. Jimin was sure that the girls were checking them out the moment he heard, “Oh my god, their hair. I want to touch it.”

The moment they were out of the hall, they finally found Seokjin by a pillar near the hallway that led to the main gate.

“Those girls were not subtle in checking us out.” Yoongi cleared his throat, running his hand through his hair and earning chuckles from Seokjin. The three boys were walking out of the main gate, heading in the direction for the grand stand. It was Hufflepuff’s day, they hadn’t beaten Gryffindor in years to enter the finals so this year, would be their year.

“Do you think Namjoon will fall off his broom again?” Jimin asked, kicking aside rocks from the path they were headed down on.

“That klutz is going to break his broom again, I swear. I am not buying him another one.” Seokjin huffed, a puff of mist coming from his mouth. It was entering winter soon.

“Hoseok already broke his.” Yoongi whined, remembering how Hoseok was crying to him about falling off his broom. Yoongi swore that he loved Hoseok, but the whining had got to stop.

As the three approached the stands, there were already tiny specks flying around in the sky with Quaffles* thrown from one speck to the other. The specks were distinctively either yellow or green, representing Hufflepuff and Slytherin accordingly.

“Jungkook is seeker once again for this match, right?” Seokjin chuckled as he spotted Namjoon in the air (or what seemed to be Namjoon as a speck), turning to Jimin as he asked.

“Yep, my boy’s gonna do so well. As long as the snitch isn’t a , he’ll do great.” Jimin beamed, sniffling his nose from the cold.

“I can promise that the *Bludger won’t be any lesser of a though.” Yoongi stared up at one of the players in the air, who was dressed in yellow.

“How’d you know?” Jimin raised an eyebrow, following Yoongi’s gaze to watch the players interact one last time before they head back behind the curtains for the match to start.

“Hunch. It doesn’t help that the weather looks awful. Avoiding those nasty things are going to be a pain in the .” Yoongi shrugged, clearing his throat and looking back down at ground level as the three entered the gates to the stands.

 

---

 

“And another 10 points to Hufflepuff!” The announcer yelled into the microphone, everyone cringing away from the speakers due to the volume that blasted their ears off.

Jungkook yelled out an almost-victory cry from seeing Taehyung score that goal. Both his arms gripping onto his broomstick and his body leaning down to the supposed best aerodynamic shape for his bloody broomstick to go faster. He made a mental note for the tenth time in two weeks, he needed to get a new broomstick. His broomstick was worn out in every way possible. Bristles fell off when he ran his hands through them, the handle wasn’t polished anymore and it might even be splintering nearer the ends.

This was Jungkook’s 16th game as seeker. It would’ve been 18th* by now considering how the team made him seeker the moment he joined in his first year, but he gave up the position to Hoseok, who was currently still lying in the infirmary with a bandage around his waist. The poor guy fell after a Ravenclaw knocked him off his broom, causing him to sprain his waist. Hoseok was a year ahead and wanted to try out being seeker in his last year. The guy was actually pretty good as seeker but unfortunately after two games, to the infirmary he went.

Five hours into the last game of the Quidditch season this year and Jungkook was still chasing the Golden Snitch. The crowds aren’t as noisy as compared to the start of the game, though the cheering never ceased. The bright yellow of Hufflepuff really stood out compared to the green of Slytherin, especially a certain orange-head amongst the yellow (and mint from Yoongi’s hair).

“Get that !” Jimin screamed while leaning over the railings at the stand, his arm reaching out slightly towards Jungkook who’d just flown past him. Which, of course, the latter responded with a wink while flying past, immediately going back into focus mode with gritted teeth while eyeing the Snitch right ahead.

Jimin shifted back towards the stand, sniffling as he wrapped his yellow scarf around his neck tighter and shoving his hands into the pockets of his cloak. His right hand occasionally coming back up to soothe his frozen nose with the little warmth accumulated in the extremity. As the game went on, his eyes couldn’t leave the raven-haired boy.

“Oh god, it’s been five hours.” Seokjin whined, watching Namjoon fly past right behind Jungkook.

It must’ve been another two hours until the first drizzle of rain started. The field was getting muddy, umbrellas were springing open in the stands and well, Jungkook was becoming a wet hot flying mess. At least in the eyes of Jimin, and probably many other girls spectating. Jimin knew how popular his boyfriend was, considering how his good looks were a blaring horn in the faces of hormonal girls (and guys, like Jimin). Jungkook always gave him all the attention, but he couldn’t help attracting the attention of others. Of course, not that Jimin wouldn’t mark his territory.

Jungkook had lessened the distance between him and the snitch, occasionally dodging the swats from the Slytherin seeker, which eventually pissed the opponent off. The Snitch made a hard right, dipping down beneath the stands as the two Seekers tail-gated the Golden object. And of course, a Bludger had to make its way down as well.

“Namjoon, where the are you?” Jungkook yelled, gripping tighter onto his broom seeing as the tight spaces made flying more annoying. The Snitch flew up and into the air again, causing both Seekers to change their route again.

“Sorry, man! The Bludger’s way too active today!” Namjoon replied apologetically, immediately going for the Bludger and hitting it into the distance before flying off towards the other Bludger.

“Looks like the Bludger’s causing a blunder amongst Hufflepuff! The seeker from Hufflepuff is so close! Will he make it?!” The announcer’s voice rang out, excitement building up in the sea of yellow.

Jungkook cursed, his frustration hitting a peak as the Snitch was practically within his reach. He would’ve caught it, if it weren’t for the Bludger coming straight back at him and the other team’s Seeker right on his tail. Jungkook released one hand off the broom, reaching out towards the Snitch, “Namjoon! Bludger!” Namjoon was on his way back, almost reaching Jungkook while the Bludger was closing in on Jungkook.

“NAMJOON!” Jungkook and Namjoon were a distance away, though still side by side and both eyeing the Bludger that was almost within range. Namjoon held his bat out, ready to strike.

The impact of the Bludger against Namjoon’s bat was at least 10 times stronger than any Bludger should’ve been. It caused the bat to fly out of Namjoon’s hand, meeting with Jungkook’s head, causing a whiplash and sending the Seeker flying off his broom and descending 30 metres before hitting the ground.

There was a collective intake of breath from the audience, but Jimin sure wasn’t one of them. The orange-haired boy turned towards the exit, pushing past every person in his way to get to the stairs. He ran down two steps at a time, finally reaching ground level and came bursting through the door and heading for the Seeker who went down.

His vision started to blur, though he was sure it wasn’t the rain. There were screams and wails coming from the stands in every direction surrounding him but Jimin only saw the figure that laid lifelessly on the field, broomstick a distance away. Dropping to his knees by the raven-haired boy, he reached out to pull the boy into his embrace.

The raven hair clung to his pale face, his eyes closed and crimson flowing down the side of his face. His lips were an unnatural purple, probably due to the exhaustion from the game. Though, it almost seemed like his lips were curling into a smile. His clothes were drenched from sweat and the rain, his body motionless and he wasn’t breathing. Jimin could only remember himself hugging the younger boy ever so tightly, burying his face in the boy’s hair and crying his eyes out.

“Please don’t go. Please! D-don’t leave me!” Jimin cried out, feeling his heart slowly disintegrating in his chest and refusing to accept the reality that the boy in his arms was now gone. Jimin wasn’t sure how long he was crying for while hugging Jungkook, but he was soon separated from his lover by teachers and officials that had gotten to the scene a tad bit late.

“Don’t! Let me be with h-him! Stop!” Jimin had two teachers restraining him, pulling him away from the scene as Jungkook’s body was now covered in the pure white sheet everyone was familiar with.

 

---

 

The lifeless body laid still on the bed in the infirmary. All of Jungkook’s belongings had been removed from his body, placed on the table beside the bed. His uniform, his shoes and the ring that Jimin had just put on his ring finger the day of their second anniversary, 3 years ago.

Jimin sat on the chair beside the bed, pulling the white sheet off slightly to reveal just Jungkook’s left hand. Reaching for the golden ring that sat on the pile of clothing, Jimin sniffled slightly as he slipped the ring back onto Jungkook’s left ring finger, interlacing both of their left hands together.

“May I know your relation with him?” A nurse came up to Jimin, holding up a clipboard, an apologetic expression on her face. She probably didn’t want to bother Jimin but it wasn’t like she had a choice.

“Boyfriend.” Jimin’s voice croaked, refusing to look away from the boy that laid still in front of him.

“Alright. Take it easy, darling. You’ll be alright.” The nurse gave Jimin a pat on the shoulder, turning to walk away.

“Hey.”

“Yes, sweetheart?” The nurse stopped in her tracks, turning back to look at Jimin, who still refused to look at her.

“C-can you tell me the details?” Jimin was sure he sounded pretty rude, but considering the circumstances, he was also sure the nurse would understand.

“Time of death, 3.17PM. The cause of death was due to the blunt force trauma to the head and due to the height from which he fell, causing his instantaneous death.” The nurse tried to phrase her words as people-friendly as possible.

“It didn’t h-hurt him, right? Him b-becoming like this…didn’t hurt, right?” Jimin could feel the tears b in his eyes, threatening to fall any moment.

“No. He wouldn’t have felt any pain. At the very most, he would’ve been in shock at the sudden impact of the blunt force. But no, he didn’t feel any pain, sweetheart.” The nurse felt herself growing emotional. In her 30 years of working as a nurse, never had she heard anyone ask her that question. Especially when it wasn’t family of the deceased.

“T-thank you.” Jimin bit his lip, ducking his head down as he felt the tears fall. He released Jungkook’s hand, missing its cool touch almost immediately. Jimin clamped his hands over his mouth, trying not to cry aloud as he squeezed his eyes shut. He felt the unevenness of his breathing, his lungs struggling for air as the tears wouldn’t stop their flow.

Stop it. Park Jimin, stop it.

Jimin released his hands from his mouth, rubbing his sleeve over his eyes in attempt to dry them. The orange-haired boy remembered the weight that hung around his neck, immediately reaching for it and pulling it out from inside his shirt. His right thumb and index finger reaching for the knob, spinning it once.

 

“The longest period that can be travelled back in time without chance of serious harm to the traveller or time itself is around five hours.”

 

He spun it ten times.

 

“It has the power to lock its user in an endless loop of time permanently.”

 

He spun it twenty times.

 

“Do not be reckless with this object. Use it wisely.”

 

He spun it thirty times.

 

His surroundings started to blur, whizzing past him and he ended up back in his shared room with Jungkook. It was Saturday, 11am.

He stood at the foot of the bed, dropping the necklace back inside his shirt and looking up to see two head popping out of the blanket. Present Jimin bit his lips, trying to stay quiet as he tiptoed towards the curtains, hiding behind it.

He watched as Jungkook started to stir, stretching his arms as he quietly got out of the bed, heading to the bathroom. Jimin saw his other self, motionless in bed, unaware of the sudden emptiness on the bed. He was peering a little too far out, only to duck back behind the curtains as he heard the bathroom door unlock with Jungkook striding out of the bathroom in a black hoodie and grey sweats. Jungkook looked gorgeous, his hair messy and his eyes still slightly droopy from just waking up.

Present Jimin felt a pang in his chest, watching as Jungkook walked towards the door and heading towards the common room. The orange-haired boy followed Jungkook out the room, leaving his old self back in bed as he scurried off not wanting to lose sight of Jungkook. He followed Jungkook as he went to the Great Hall, picking up food and escaping Namjoon’s wrath. Jungkook had brought Jimin’s favourite pastry, remembering how he liked it with the pink swirly cream on top.

Present Jimin sighed, tip-toeing and hiding behind pillar after pillar. Avoiding any and every student that walked past. It especially wasn’t easy hiding from the ghosts lingering around in the hallways. Even the paintings were a bother, one painting down every hall glued their eyes on him, asking him about his day.

Jungkook carried the plate of food back up to their shared room, placing the plate on their bedside table and climbing back onto the bed to face the past Jimin who was still soundly asleep. As Jungkook back-faced the present Jimin, he immediately dashed back into his spot in the curtains.

The present Jimin watched as Jungkook tickled and poked the past Jimin, waking him up with kisses planted on every inch of his face.

Jungkook stopped poking the past Jimin, pulling the boy up and sending him to the bathroom to wash up. By the time past Jimin was ready, Jungkook had finished almost everything on the plate of food, of course, leaving the pink pastry behind.

“Yah, you couldn’t have left a bit more for me?” Past Jimin whined, coming at Jungkook from behind and wrapping his arms around the latter’s neck, burying his face in Jungkook’s wide shoulders.

“If you give me a kiss, you could taste some of it.” Jungkook winked, holding up the plate to past Jimin earning himself a poke in the rib before the plate was taken off of his palm. After breakfast was consumed, both boys started getting ready to go out.

“You know, looking at this gorgeous view every morning is ing great.” Jungkook hinted at past Jimin as the boy removed his shirt, revealing the smooth abdominal muscles that were hidden underneath the shirt.

The past Jimin snorted, slipping on his favourite grey hoodie on top of the white shirt (that belonged to Jungkook) he wore. Pairing it with black ripped jeans and black boots, he turned away from Jungkook and slipped his time turner on and inside his shirt.

“Oh sure, look at yourself.” Past Jimin huffed.

“Mama always said that people died with smiles on their faces when they’ve left without regrets. After seeing this, I surely have no regrets.” Jungkook moved towards past Jimin, embracing the boy in his arms as they enveloped themselves in more kisses, the younger boy’s hands slipping up under past Jimin’s shirt.

Present Jimin gasped softly, holding a hand to his mouth.

“Yah,” Past Jimin chuckled, pushing Jungkook away gently. Jungkook grinned, moving to change into a different black hoodie with another black shirt on the inside, pairing it with blue jeans and brown boots.

 

His shirts won’t smell like him anymore .

 

The present Jimin watched as past Jimin pulled on Jungkook’s hand, leading them both out of the room. Just before Jungkook closed the door, the raven-haired boy turned to face present Jimin, who was still peeking from behind the curtains. The moment past Jungkook and present Jimin made eye-contact, he gave present Jimin one last teeth-y grin before closing the door behind him.

Jimin’s eyes widened at the realization, “He knew.”

 

---

 

His candy stash won’t be there for you to pick from anymore.

Present Jimin remembered how Jungkook bought Chocoballs, dropping the first one he’d taken out of the packet. He remembered how past Jimin had opened a chocolate frog, receiving a Merlin card and leaving the chocolate frog to continue resting itself on Jungkook’s shoulder. He remembered the packet of Bertie Botts’s Every Flavour Beans that Jungkook had picked out, how Jungkook himself had eaten three vomit beans in a row in his attempt to get a Tutti Fruiti while past Jimin had one rotten egg jelly bean and one caramel popcorn jelly bean.

He particularly remembered the gummy slug that past Jimin ate, having it been interrupted by Jungkook who grabbed the other end of it, trying to lead past Jimin into a gummy kiss. Except for the fact that past Jimin had decided to bite off his end of the gummy, leaving a pouting Jungkook with slumped shoulders for about 15 seconds to laugh at his misery before placing another gummy slug between them. Present Jimin remembers the sweet kiss, literally.

Just as past Jimin lead them out of the store, Jungkook stayed behind for just a moment. A moment long enough for him to slip a gummy slug into the hands of present Jimin who stood hidden behind the shelf of candy bars and chocolate wands.

 

---

 

You won’t be able to stir his tea anymore.

Present Jimin sat by the corner of the shop, remembering the aroma of black tea coming from his own personal pot of tea that day as he watched his past self and Jungkook settle into their seats at Madam Puddifoot’s Tea Shop. Jungkook had gotten his favourite milk coffee, emptying a packet of sugar into the cup.

“Wait, let me do it!” Past Jimin squealed, twirling a finger as he recited the name of the spell, instructing the nearest teaspoon to mix the contents in Jungkook’s cup of coffee.

“No fair, you did it last time!” Jungkook pouted, lighting smacking the top of past Jimin’s hand and earning a half-yelp-half-laugh from the orange head. Jungkook would always let Jimin do the stirring of his coffee, he’d always fake-complain about it, but he’d always let Jimin do the stirring. He knew how much Jimin had fun doing it, even if it was one of the simplest things in the world. The realisation of the reasons behind Jungkook’s actions tugged on the ache that remained in Jimin’s chest.

As present Jimin thought back to the very moment, he seemed to remember noticing how Jungkook glanced away every once in a while. Past Jimin would never have understood why, but present Jimin took comfort in the silent acknowledgement Jungkook gave. The latter’s brown orbs still glistened even as he looked between the past and present Jimin.

 

---

 

Present Jimin watched as Jungkook and past Jimin interlaced fingers, walking down a few alleys before turning back onto the main street and heading back to the majestic castle that stood in the distance.

Present Jimin hid behind every few pillars as he watched himself and Jungkook walk through the hallways of the castle, hiding his face with a book he’d picked up while they were at the bookstore. It had something to do with Potions but it wasn’t like he really cared that much about it, he just wanted to stop the stares from other people.

Eventually he followed the pair into the Great Hall, deciding it wasn’t the best to be near them and spontaneously hopping away to the furthest table that allowed a good view and was still in the hearing range of conversation. Present Jimin kept his hood on, displaying his book upright on the table in front of him, ducking behind it in panic as he momentarily forgot how people still walked near him to get to other tables. In this case, Yoongi and Seokjin had walked right past him, peering down at him for a moment before reacting to Jungkook calling them over to their table.

“Here!” Jungkook slammed his hands down onto the table, standing up in panic and waving the other two boys over to his side.

“Mmm!” Yoongi groaned at his enthusiasm, just that he didn’t know how it leaned more to panic instead of enthusiasm. Present Jimin was sure that Jungkook had done that to attract them away from him.

As present Jimin peered back up from behind his book, his eyes went back to Jungkook and noticing the boy grinning back at him.

Thank you, present Jimin mouthed while dipping his head down slightly. Jungkook only replied with his usual teeth-y grin, though it felt like a punch in the gut to present Jimin.

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook. What’s with the yelling, are you that excited to see us?” Seokjin raised an eyebrow, him and Yoongi both taking seats opposite Jimin and Jungkook. It wasn’t long before present Jimin had to duck his head down again as Namjoon and Taehyung ran past him this time.

“Is there spaghetti today?” Taehyung yelled, slumping down next to past Jimin and draping an arm over his shoulder.

“No, as you can see from the view in front of you.” Past Jimin huffed, pointing at the table.

“Aw man, the last time we had it was a week ago!” Taehyung whined, removing his hand from past Jimin’s shoulder and slumping down on the table. Meanwhile, Namjoon had already filled his plate with food, occasionally dumping food on Seokjin’s plate and earning mumbles of approval from the boy.

The scene looked too happy for present Jimin and it was then that he decided to stop watching and to head back to the room first. With his hood up and book in hand, he got up and out of the hall, giving the six boys one last look. As present Jimin reached the room, he knew that he had at least two hours before he had to evacuate from the bed, thus laying down and crawling into Jungkook’s side of their bed.

It still smells like you, present Jimin couldn’t hold back his tears anymore.

He was right, it took them another two hours to reach back into the room. By then, present Jimin was already hidden in the corner of the hallway leading to the room. He watched as Jungkook lead past Jimin into the room, evoking memories within present Jimin who was still alone in the hallway.

He remembered Jungkook’s kisses, the exploration of each other’s mouths. The firm grips and heavy breathing, the hands that reached out to him. The shivers down his spine from the cold, from when his clothes were ripped off of him, and from Jungkook’s touch. The moans of approval, pleasure, and want. The nails that clawed down Jungkook’s back and the hands that gripped Jimin’s thighs. The sound of skin on skin and the creaks of the bed. The whispers and the screams, the proclamation of each other’s names.

The ‘I love yous’ and the ‘Forever and always’.

He remembered the words that wouldn’t ever be said again.

 

---

 

It was almost daylight when the door to the room creaked open, startling present Jimin awake as he was still seated on the floor with his knees to his chest. He hadn’t realised how cold it’d gotten through the night. Present Jimin rubbed his eyes, his vision clearing up as a figure clad in black headed towards him. Jungkook knelt down in front of him, not saying a word and simply smiling.

“H-how can you see me?” Jimin’s voice croaked, both from just waking up and from feeling the tears slowly choking up in him.

“I don’t know. I don’t know why you’re here either, but I guessing it’s because something happened.” Jungkook smiled, his eyes folding into crescents as he sat down on the floor properly in front of Jimin. Jimin couldn’t get a word out, his heart was in too much pain. He wouldn’t see Jungkook’s eye smile ever again, would he?

“Whatever it is, I’m assuming it’s important and well, I just hope that you’re alright. I love you. Remember?” Jungkook reached a hand out, cradling Jimin’s face.

It’s important. I’m not alright. I love you. Of course, I remember. Jimin’s eyes welled up in tears.

“I saw your time-turner, by the way. I understand why you didn’t tell me.” Jimin’s heart weighed heavier each time Jungkook spoke.

“Since you’re already here, do you want to walk with me to the stands?” Jungkook brushed his thumb over Jimin’s cheekbones, leaving a little warmth at the touch. Jimin nodded, sniffling.

“But first, let me go tell the other you so that he knows I’m leaving and that I’m not cheating on him with himself.” Jungkook smirked, pushing himself off the ground and heading back into the room. The next time he came out, he was in uniform, the yellow robes draping down his shoulders.

“Let’s go.”

 

---

 

It was barely dawn as the boys headed out of the school, hand in hand.

Is this supposed to happen? I shouldn’t be seen, right? What’s going to happen now that he’s seen me? Present Jimin was a flustering mess on the inside, he looked down at his feet and pulled his hood with his free hand. What was he going to do? He was already seen. Though he did recall himself writing in the corner of his book that being seen while using the time-turner wasn’t a good thing.

“This isn’t considered cheating, right?” Jungkook smirked, watching present Jimin under hooded eyes as the latter was silent through the walk so far.

“N-no…” Jimin squeaked, a chill running down his spine as they approach the stands.

“Is there something you’d like to tell me? Maybe about why you’d come back to this day?” Jungkook tried hinting, hoping to get some form of an answer. Present Jimin shook his head, tears stinging the back of his eyes at the painful memory.

“I won’t pry.” Jungkook squeezed present Jimin’s hand tighter, leading them into the stands, into the warm up area hidden away from eyes of others. Not that there were many eyes to begin with. They shared few words, it was mainly the exchange of comfort through eye contact. They sat by the wall hidden away in the corner, in a fabricated world of their own. Jungkook left for a while, carrying out warmups as it was soon to be game time. He was soon back next to present Jimin, the latter’s head on Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Jungkook-ah, its game time.” Both boys stiffened as Namjoon’s voice rang out in the deck, the sound of footsteps moving further away from them. The internal panic flowed through Jimin once again as he grabbed onto Jungkook tighter.

“I gotta go, baby.”

“I-I know…” Present Jimin tried showing a smile, failing miserably as he saw Jungkook give him a pitiful smile.

“I know you’re always worried about my games, but don’t worry. I’ll be fine.” Jungkook held Jimin in his arms, placing a kiss on present Jimin’s forehead. The tears fell hard as present Jimin couldn’t help shaking in the fear that he wouldn’t be able to stop Jungkook’s death.

“I love you.” Jungkook grinned, pulling away as he stepped back, turning to leave the deck and back to where the other team members were. It was game time.

 

---

 

Present Jimin peered out of the “curtain” that covered the stand and the warm up area. He watched every detail of the game. He watched as his favourite player step onto the field- fly, really. He watched as the Hufflepuff team scored and how the Golden snitch flew swiftly past him, the Bludger that went berserk and Namjoon that chased it desperately.

It was almost time, it’s been seven hours.

Arresto Momentum*. Arresto Momentum. Arresto Momentum. Present Jimin chanted in his head, the words pounding in his head and his wand tightly gripped in his hand. He couldn’t let slip the chance to save Jungkook. Not this time.

The boy watched as Jungkook and Namjoon dipped down into the area beneath the stands, the Slytherin and Bludger on their tail. Jungkook waved a hand toward Namjoon, most likely yelling at him. The Bludger inched closer and closer, until the snitch changed direction and flew up with the three players and Bludger following closely behind.

Almost, Jimin. Almost. Present Jimin’s wand was at the ready, it would be any time now.

The Bludger went towards Namjoon and Jungkook, with Namjoon raising his bat. The Bludger collided with the bat, the bat striking Jungkook in the head.

Jimin couldn’t move. He struggled to raise his hand, to raise his wand. He had to cast the spell, to murmur the words he’d been practicing in his head and he had to try to stop the inevitable. His body wouldn’t listen, his arms glued to his side and his mouth moved, though refusing to speak.

It was done. Jungkook was falling, falling and finally, he landed. This was the end of the first loop.

Present Jimin watched past Jimin whizz down from where he was in the stands, his past self was running to the lifeless body that laid in the middle for everyone to see. Only that present Jimin’s vision became cloudy, his cheeks becoming soaked with tears. This was the second time as he watched Jungkook land gracefully.

The environment around present Jimin changed as he was now back in the infirmary, standing by the entrance to the ward where past Jimin and Jungkook were. He could move.

Click. Click. Click.

Present Jimin panicked, realizing it was the sound that the time-turner made with every spin. He pushed open the door in front of him, reaching his hand out as the doors revealed past Jimin who was almost done spinning the device.

“Stop!” Present Jimin cried out, his eyes widening as the time-turner fell out of past Jimin’s hands.

 

---

 

Jimin opened his eyes as he was back in their room. This was the start to loop number two. He remembered travelling back to this moment, he remembers everything. He remembered how Jungkook died, he remembers watching it twice ad he was about to see it for the third time.

 

“The department in the Ministry of Magic that holds about 15 of this beautiful devices has officially been closed down, I’m afraid. This is perhaps one of the remaining time-turners in the world. One tiny device fell over the shelf, breaking and unlocking the spell onto everything in the room. The room is in an infinite loop, repeating the moment the device dropped over and over again. Take care, my boy.” The Charms Master warned.

 

Jimin was tired. His heart was torn apart relentlessly every time. He was entering loop 127.

 

 

-End-

*Refer below
Quaffle – The brownish, leather-covered ball used to score points by throwing it through the opponent’s goal.
Bludger – The metal ball that is bewitched to fly around and try to knock players off their brooms.
18th – There are 3 games for each team per year (season), Jungkook’s in his 6th year now.
Arresto Momentum – The spell that’s used to slow the velocity of an object.