Part 01

Eternal

Jimin was scribbling down notes with his quill, flinching at the impact of a paper ball being catapulted at the back of his head, landing on the ground right beside his chair. The orange-haired boy turned to look back, rolling his eyes at Jeon Jungkook once before trying to subtly lean down and grab the paper ball off the floor. If he were to be caught by the Charms master, he’d have to rewrite the entire textbook again. He and Jeon Jungkook had already done it once before (everyone in class had done it many more times, though) seeing as Jungkook wouldn’t stop sending flying flirty notes to him during class.

“This, darling little necklace, isn’t just any ordinary gold plated accessory. It has the power to lock it’s user in an endless loop of time permanently. Do not play with it. That is if any of you ever happen to have the chance to use it.” The Charms master held out the necklace by its chain, gazing into the hourglass and pausing for a bit before setting the necklace on his desk and continuing his lecture. Jimin held the note in his hand, refusing to read it as he continued jotting down every (almost) word the Professor spoke.

Thud

The impact of a shoe, belonging to the raven-haired boy behind Jimin, kicking against Jimin’s chair annoyed the hell out of the latter. Which the latter responded by the gritting his teeth and the creases between his brows on his forehead.

“The longest period that can be travelled back in time without any chance of serious harm to the traveller or time itself is around five hours.” The Charms master scribbled on the chalkboard, turning back once in a while to ensure every student was taking notes.

Thud

The orange-haired boy was exasperated, ducking his head down and turning around to glare at the boy behind him who was now smirking, which happened to be one of Jimin’s favourite smiles on him. Jungkook mouthed read it, pointing to the paper ball in Jimin hand. After which, Jungkook leaned back in his seat, grinning his usual teeth-y smile that displayed both rows of his pearly whites. Which once again, was another one of Jimin’s favourite smiles on him.

Jimin sighed, turning back around just in time to avoid the eyes of the Charms master and to fake scribble notes on his notebook. When the professor turned back to face the chalkboard, Jimin tried opening the note and cursing in his head as the sound of the paper crackling was within the decibel range that humans could detect. This of course, caused a few ravenclaws to turn towards him, giving him the stares of annoyance.

 

Your back view is really y. Just putting it out there.

 

Jimin tried his best to not grin, except that receiving these kinds of notes from Jungkook was something he really liked. Even though he’d always deny it, Jungkook knew Jimin well enough to know that the orange-haired boy loved it, butterflies flooding his tummy every time.

“Can anybody guess what spell is encased in this beautiful piece?” The charms master turned, his eyes glancing around the hall before stopping on Jimin, who happened to be his favourite student, “Jimin?”

Jimin smiled, covering the note with his hand, “It’s the Hour-Reversal Charm, sir.”

“Perfect!”

When the professor had finished shushing the class of the verbal protests against the ten-page report that was due the week after, they were dismissed. Jimin slipped the note that he’d folded, into the pocket in his cloak, grabbing his books and quill and swiftly exiting the hall. The raven-haired boy had to run to catch up to Jimin from behind, grinning and elbowing Jimin lightly, “So, you got my note?” 

“Mmhmm.” Jimin rolled his eyes, playing hard-to-get as he turned away from the boy.

“Aw come on, you know you like my notes. Every single time, I’m sure of it.” Jungkook slung his right arm over Jimin’s shoulder, which the latter gave up trying to shake off. Ever since they met when they were year ones, Jungkook would always tease Jimin for his height, his teasing ranging from slinging his hand around his neck to resting his elbow on Jimin’s head. Now that they were in year six, Jimin had simply given up on retaliating towards the younger boy.

“You’re lucky I love you. Though, I would kill you if I had to rewrite the textbook again.” Jimin sassed back, jabbing his elbow into Jungkook’s ribs, earning a half-yelp-half-laugh from the raven-haired boy as he failed to dodge the attack. When Jungkook recovered from the attack, Jimin had already walked a few steps ahead of him, hand reaching outward behind him which Jungkook grabbed and interlaced his own fingers with.

 

---

 

“So, you’re going to watch me play on Sunday, right?” The raven-haired boy held the door to their room open, letting Jimin enter first.

“I’ll be there.” Jimin smiled, loosening his tie and dropping off his books on their shared study table before moving to crash on their shared bed.

“Nice. How about we go on a date tomorrow? We spend the whole of Saturday together, then Sunday shall be watch-your-boyfriend-play-and-celebrate-his-win-with-him day?” Jungkook smirked, moving towards the orange-haired boy, leaning forward and pinning the latter’s hands on the bed. Jimin rolled his eyes at Jungkook’s confidence, nodding once before leaning upwards to connect his lips with Jungkook’s. The action certainly invoked moans from the latter, their tongues exploring each other.

Jimin shifted around, loosening Jungkook’s grip on his right hand before slipping his hand out and reaching up to grip onto the younger boy’s tie and pulling him closer. Moments later, the older boy had their positions flipped, with Jimin straddling Jungkook’s hips and putting weight and friction on a certain sensitive area.

Jungkook broke the kiss, his hands reaching out to grab Jimin by the waist as he looked up into the orange-haired boy’s light brown orbs. He liked looking into Jimin’s eyes, it was what caught his attention amongst the sea of people in the Great Hall 6 years ago. Jimin had dark brown hair back then, skin almost paler than snow (an exaggeration yes, but Jimin looked hella’ good) and lips that looked juicier than the ripest of strawberries.

“You’re beautiful. You know that?” Jungkook pulled Jimin closer to him as he sat upright, their faces barely inches away from each other. Jimin’s arms automatically slung around Jungkook’s neck, right hand resting on Jungkook’s shoulder but his fingers were trailing up and down the smooth skin on the back of Jungkook’s neck. Jungkook wouldn’t lie about how it sent shivers down his spine because it felt good, and it’s not even in the ual way.

“Mmhmm. You tell me a lot.” Jimin leaned his forehead against Jungkook’s, their nose brushing slightly.

“You deserve to hear it lots.” Jungkook’s arms s around the petite boy’s waist, hugging him ever so tightly. Jimin was sure that Jungkook could detect the pale pink that tainted his cheeks. This was considering how the Jungkook released one arm just so he could cradle Jimin’s face and brush his thumb over the top of the latter’s prominent cheek bones.

Staring into Jimin’s eyes were an addiction for Jungkook, a healthy addiction. The younger boy chuckled softly, pulling Jimin in for another kiss, their lips melting into each other. And maybe, a side effect of that addiction would be the butterflies that it calls every time.

 

---

 

“Jimin, I’d like to speak with you after class.” The Charms master stopped by Jimin’s desk while walking down the aisle in the hall, the old man smiling innocently at the boy.

“Yes, sir.” Jimin nodded, smiling back at the professor who’d continued making his way down the aisle before reaching the teacher’s desk.

Thud

“Hey, what’d he say?” Jungkook hissed through gritted teeth, looking at the back of Jimin’s head of orange hair.

Jimin turned to look at his boyfriend, shrugging once, “Not sure. He just wanted to talk to me after class.”

“Alright, I’ll wait for you outside the hall.” Jungkook grinned, showing a cheeky thumb-and-index-finger heart at Jimin, earning chuckles from the older boy.

After every student went up to the teacher’s desk one by one, turning in their reports and leaving the classroom immediately after, that left Jimin to be the last one in the room. Jimin grabbed his books, walking up to the desk and placing his report before turning to face the Charm’s Master who was standing by the board.

“Sir, you wanted to see me?” Jimin cleared his throat, feeling jittery at the thoughts of possible conversation between him and Professor.

“Ah yes, I did. Do you remember last lesson? When I mentioned about Time Turners?” The Charms Master fiddled with his robe, moving to sit at his desk.

“Yes, sir. What about them?” This got Jimin curious.

“I’m giving you one.” The old man pulled open a drawer, pulling out a golden chain.

“W-what?! Sir, you can’t be serious right?” Jimin dropped a book, flustered at the sudden offer by his professor.

“I’m absolutely serious. I remembered you mentioning about wanting to have the chance to go for another elective so, I mentioned this to the academic board and they submitted your case to the Ministry of Magic. You are now a holder of a Time Turner.” The Charms Master gave Jimin a goofy grin before placing the golden necklace in Jimin’s palm.

“Sir…this is amazing. I- I don’t know what to say.” Jimin’s eyes were glued to the magical object that he could call his, occasionally tearing his eyes away to look at the Charms Master.

“You deserve it, my boy. Your academic excellence must not go to waste. Now go on, enjoy learning and it’ll bring you far.” The Charms Master nodded, gesturing for Jimin to leave.

“Thank you, sir. Thank you so much.” Jimin bowed slightly, slipping the Time Turner into his pocket and turning to leave.

“Don’t forget that it’s a dangerous object, and don’t tell anyone about it!” The Charms Master waved, giving Jimin one last precautionary warning.

“I won’t!”

 

---

 

“So, what did the Charms Master talk to you about?” Jungkook grabbed a pizza from the plate across the table, turning to look at Jimin. The tables in the Great Hall were decorated with food, pizza being the main dish today.

“Oh, it was nothing much. He just mentioned my past report and how I did well for it.” Jimin bit into a slice of pepperoni pizza, mumbling the words.

“Hmm? That’s weird. I thought it wasn’t Professor’s style to talk to students over reports.” Jungkook shrugged, reaching over for another slice. That muscle pig ate thee slices already since they sat down at their table. It hasn’t even been ten minutes.

“Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Cut down on the pizza!” A pink-haired 7th year student yelled at Jungkook from three tables down.

“Holy , Namjoon.” Jungkook almost bit his own lip out of shock.

“DROP IT!”

“FINE, FINE!” Jungkook dropped the pizza onto Jimin’s plate, grumbling about how he didn’t even get to try the barbeque chicken pizza.

“Looks like Namjoon’s going hard on you about the pizza.” Mint-haired Yoongi came strolling by, dropping his plate down on the table across from Jimin with Taehyung joining next to him across from Jungkook.

“How’s Hoseok? Still screaming while lying in the hospital bed?” Jungkook rolled his eyes, directing the question back to Yoongi.

“He’ll be fine. That lil needs to get over himself.” Yoongi shrugged, reaching for a strawberry shortcake that sat grandly on a serving dish a few pizzas away.

“That’s kinda harsh, don’t you think? He’s your boyfriend too.” Jimin chuckled, swallowing the last of his slice of pepperoni pizza.

“I’ll save the sweet words for him only, you .” Yoongi rolled his eyes, stabbing his fork through a slice of strawberry.

“Yah kook, you ready for Sunday?” Taehyung was tackling a chicken burger, mayonnaise as clear evidence on his lips.

“I’ll be fine, if only Jackson plays fairly.” Jungkook smirked, reaching for a slice of strawberry cake and hearing “YAH, JUNGKOOK!” the moment his fork went through the first layer of cake.

“LET ME LIVE, NAMJOON.” Jungkook was determined, the bit of cake on his fork was almost at his lips.

“NOT WITH CAKE YOU WON’T!” Namjoon was actually getting out of his seat, until Seokjin pulled at Namjoon’s robe.

“LET THE BOY LIVE, NAMJOON.” Seokjin thwacked Namjoon’s head with a book that came out of nowhere.

 

---

 

It was the morning of Saturday, finally a day with no classes. Jimin had his head buried in Jungkook’s chest, arms tightly wounded around the younger boy. Jungkook had his head in Jimin’s orange hair, it honestly smelled like flowers. The sun came in through the window, striking Jungkook in the eyes as he slowly wiggled his way out of Jimin’s hold, replacing himself with a bolster in Jimin’s grasp. It was convenient that Jimin was a deep sleeper, it made sneaking surprise breakfast into bed a much easier task for Jungkook.

Jungkook slipped on a black hoodie along with the grey sweats he was already wearing. He walked into the bathroom to wash up, coming back out to see Jimin almost fully buried in pillows and blankets. Jungkook chuckled, moving towards Jimin and pulling the blanket up to cover the sleeping boy.

Thud 

The sound of something knocking against wood startled Jungkook, inviting him to move towards the curtains.

“Mm…” Jimin mumbled in his sleep, making Jungkook turn back to look at him. The younger boy changed his plan, moving towards the door softly and escaping out of the room. By the time he got to the Great Hall, it was half-filled with students munching on cakes and pastry.

“Kook!” Seokjin’s voice rang out in Jungkook’s direction, attracting his attention.

“Jimin still sleeping?” Taehyung called out, raising his hand to make sure they had Jungkook’s attention. Jungkook grinned, jogging towards Taehyung Namjoon and Seokjin.

“Yeah, I’m bringing food back up.” Jungkook grabbed a paper plate, filling it with bread and cakes.

“Yah, lay off the cake.” Namjoon glared at Jungkook, his own mouth stuffed full of cake, earning a thud on the head by Seokjin.

You lay off the cake.” Seokjin rolled his eyes at Namjoon, smiling up at Jungkook.

“I got a day to lose the carbs! Thanks, Seokjin! See you guys around!” Jungkook slipped an extra slice of cake onto the plate before bolting out of the hall and back into his room.

By the time Jungkook got back to the room, Jimin was still in the exact position under blankets. Jungkook set the food on the bed side table, crawling onto the bed and stopping right above Jimin. 

“Wake up, piggy.” Jungkook smothered Jimin with kisses, adding a few pokes at his ribs and earning squirms from the boy below him.

“W-what? Stop, oh my god Kook, stop!” Jimin laughed, trying to avoid the pokes from Jungkook but failing to. Jimin was breathless within the next three pokes and Jungkook decided to be merciful, pulling the boy up with him. Jungkook immediately cradled Jimin’s face between his hands, pressing his lips onto Jimin’s.

“Good morning. Well, it’s almost afternoon.” Jungkook pulled away, grinning his usual teeth-y smile.

“Morning, Kook.” Jimin stifled a yawn, smiling and his eyes turning into crescents.

“Breakfast is here, go wash up.” Jungkook got off the bed, pulling Jimin along.

 

---

 

“So, where do you want to go?” Jimin interlaced his fingers with Jungkook, pulling up the hood of his grey hoodie.

“I wanna drop by Honeydukes, my sweet supply is running out.” Jungkook grinned, glancing around to make sure Namjoon wasn’t around to catch him.

“Alright, we can head there first. Can we go to Madam Puddifoot’s Tea shop?” Jimin suddenly remembered, his eyes brightening up at the thought.

“Yep, I want coffee.” Jungkook leaned his forehead onto Jimin’s, chuckling.