Chapter One: The Beginning

His Side

Chapter One: The Beginning

I met you on a cold night of November.
My bright pink scarf made you see me in the crowd.
Your eyes pulls me towards you.

 

The cold air brushing through my delicate skin and making my silky hair danced in my head, laughter of two young boys overwhelmed by the fun they are having are ringing through the entire place. The scene switches to an interior of a huge house that is very familiar to me. A broken vase in my feet and an angry woman in front of me. Her hold to my skinny arm is strong and tight, unable for me to escape and run away. Then...

" YEOL! " Myungsoo shouted from the kitchen, I stared at my room's ceiling for a while before pulling my blanket to my chest to sleep again. I tried to sleep again but damn it, all I can see is Myugsoo's angry face in my thoughts so I head out of my room to go to the kitchen.

I got up and walked to my my desk that is filled with books wide opened and a forgotten mug of coffee. I dumped all my things on my bag carelessly making some sheets of paper fly out. I begrudgingly picked all the fallen papers and noticed that there are scribbles on it. All of it is about my dream.

Sleepily rubbing my eyes off and scratching my stomach with my free hand, I walk down the stairs. Myungsoo is really annoying every morning.

He is surely creeping me with his intense look. Ugh, I'm so ed up now.

" Hey, sleepyhead! Come and eat your breakfast then get your in the bathroom and take a bath. Got that? " he said while tapping the empty seat beside of him in the dining table.

Tch, who does he think he is? He thinks he is some kind of officer in army? Duhhhh...

I made an annoyed face because who would not when your best friend commands something to you but still, I listened to him and started to eat the food served in the table.

Hmmm, delicious. Hehehe I will surely eat lots of this.

I munched on my food and I occasionally glance at him. I'm happily eating my food but Myungsoo seriously distracts the joyful aura I have this morning. It seems like I'm in a zoo and I am a giraffe and it is Myungsoo's first time to see a giraffe eat. He's holding a newspaper but why the hell is he looking at me?

Due to irritation, I stood up from place my used plate and utensils to the sink and started to wash them.

I think Myungsoo is not fully awake. Maybe, I should slap his head later.

" Yeol... " he called out but I didn't respond. I continue to wash the plate that I used. I really hate responding sometimes when I'm called, it is not because I don't like the person calling for me but I'm just too lazy to answer back. Well, I'm that lazy.

It happened so fast for me when I yanked Myungsoo closer to me. I  carried him and my right foot slided but I think Myungsoo did not noticed that since that made me slumped his body on the couch near us. I massaged my foot first before kneeling beside him, I tried to think some things that can make him feel like this because it is so unusual for this clumsy best friend of mine to get sick.

Without getting any thoughts, I stared at his eyes annoyingly. It is because I feel so useless to become a friend to him right now. I watched him close his eyes slowly but my concern for him still creeps in my stare one last time. He finally closed his eyes.

I sighed and ruffled his black hair.

What happened to you, Kim Myungsoo?


" Soo, you're beautiful when you are happy,

You're beautiful when you smile...

I'm going. See you later, okay? "

I tap his head lightly. Preventing him from waking up from his deep slumber, I guess. When I dangled the keys of our shared apartment, I heard him stir in the couch.

Aishh, this kid is really something. He just fainted out of nowhere then now he's sleeping like nothing happened to him. He will really get a beating from me later.

I sneaked into the kitchen to grab an apple ang a toast in the table. I didn't get to eat right a while ago because Myungsoo started my day with commands. Ugh. After walking back and forth in our living room, I lifted him up, bridal style. I carefully placed him on his bed. I don't want my friend to have an aching body when he wakes up.

I'm such a good friend. Myungsoo will never find someone like me. Hihihi.

I'm too conceited, oh !

I study his face again before heading out of his room. His room is clearly messy and the devil on my left side said that I should left it that way but that angel on my right side said that I should be a very nice friend to Soo and help him clean sometimes.

The good side won and I immediately formed a plan on what to arrange first.

I started with his closet. After 5 minutes of just staring inside his closet. I had a mental breakdown.

" What kind of clothes are these oh my freaking gosh! Why are they all in the same color? Do I have to burn this whole place just to get rid of these things? "

I pulled my hair in crazy mode. Myungsoo is one of a hell fashionista. But I really do admire his fashion sense. Especially when he is dressed in a shirt.

OMFG, I sounded like a fangirl dreaming of his oppa.

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Definitely not. Okay, stop this craziness already. I have a class in 15 ing minutes.

" Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... "

This is going to be a one hell of a day. Huuu...

Two major subjects for this day and hours of listening to my professors. Hell day...


It's my last class for the day and on top of it, a major subject. Hours of lecture and once again, I gained new informations for this day. At last, our professor dismissed us but even before I could gather all my things to put them inside my small bag, a classmate of mine called my attention.

" Sungyeol! Dr. Jang asked me for your presence in his office now. He seems in a hurry so I think you should head there now. " Changjo exclaimed at me. I gave him a nod and a small smile as a reply.

After settling all my belongings, I went straightly to Dr. Jang's office. I peeked through the glass first and knocked next. He seemed to notice me so he gestured his hand for me to come inside. I obeyed him and sat on one of the chairs in front of him.

I looked around the room while I wait for him to finish what he's doing. I've been here for how many times already but I'm always fascinated by the interior of his office. It is cozy with a great view on our university's large round garden below.

He cleaned his desk before pulling an envelope from one of his drawers.

" Here it is Sungyeol. Acceptance Letter from your dream university abroad. I recommended you and they are impressed with your achievements at a young age. " Dr. Jang announced to me and I still can't believe him. A small smile graced from his face and I can't help but smile too.

I opened the envelope and read the whole content of it. My eyes are teary and I didn't even notice Dr. Jang stand up from his seat and get his coat.

" Well then, I got to go. Congratulations, Sungyeol. I know that you deserved this. " I stood up and bowed at him while saying my thanksgiving. He happily pats my back and then walked away.

I'm still feeling so high when I realized that I'm in front of the school gates. I remembered Myungsoo who is probably still sleeping.

Oh right, How about Myungsoo? I bet that he'll congratulate me to no end when I tell him this news. But I can't leave him alone.

I frowned as I head to my favorite coffee shop.


" Oh, you are him, right? " someone just beside me loudly said. I am too busy looking on the displayed cakes so I did not bother myself looking at the other. It maybe someone he knows and I don't care about it.

Even the line is long, I am approaching the counter fast so I decided to enumerate all the food that I'll buy but then someone just roughly pulled my new shirt. I looked at the culprit annoyingly and he is staring at me annoyingly too. Woah...

" Ohhh, I didn't know that Lee Sungyeol is an ultimate snob. " the boy said as he fold his arms dramatically with his eyebrows raising in a very girly way. I examined him and he looks... he looks fine. A very normal college student.

" May I know who you are? " I asked the other politely.

" Omo omo, don't you know this pretty face? " he do the flower pose and I averted my eyes somewhere before I puke all my stomach's contents on his high end clothes. How dare he look cute in front of me. Trying so hard to be one, psh...

" Uhmm... Lee... " I guessed and it seems right as he gestured his hands for me to continue. He opened his mouth and I followed him so we look like crazy there.

" Lee... Oh yeah, Mr. Lee! How are you? Good to see you today! " I quickly uttured as I step in front of the cashier.  I smiled at him and gestured that I need to order.

After I ordered, I chose a place that the crazy boy won't find me but as well near the serving area. When I'm rest assured that it is safe in my place, a sigh came out of my mouth and I smiled afterwards.

My back was just about to get comfortable at my place when the crazy boy popped out of nowhere. It's good that I have a strong self-control or else I would have knocked the other down in a second.

" YAH! How can you not know me. I'm Lee SungJong. I'm pretty popular in our department, duh! " he announced at me. I gave him a confused look since I don't know what he's saying.

" I'm a second year medical student so that means that you are my Sunbae. Please take care of me, Sungyeol sunbae. " he bowed down and I had to pull him down to sit again. The people inside the shop looked at us and I just noticed that I'm being called because my order is ready to be picked up. I walked there embarassingly with this Sungjong guy tailing me.

I got out of the shop safely next with a boy attached to me like a koala.

You have no right to be so clingy to me. Only Myungsoo can do that!

" Ohh, Sunbae. Goodbye. See you on Saturday because I have no classes tomorrow. Bye-bye! " he waved at me happily and just a frown is all I can do. I don't care if has no classes tomorrow so why bother tell me?


After an hour of studying for the upcoming exams, my eyes are droopy since I didn't get enough sleep last night. I sighed and look at my clock.

What's wrong with me? I didn't forget to drink my favorite coffee a while ago but why am I sleepy. Should I drink one again? But I'm too lazy to walk to the coffee shop, aish!

 

My eyes are voluntarily closing so I had to stretch my eyebrows up to seemingly open my eyes but sleep knocked off my whole system and I was sent to dreamland.

In my dreams, I was eating a pink cotton candy. Weird, but oh well, I love pink!

 

The loud sound of Myungsoo's alarm got me awake suddenly when I unintentionally slept over my thick textbook in Biology. I wiped the drool that was about to touch the paper and boringly straighten up my body.

I stretched my body from left to right, about five times before focusing back on the words that are printed on the textbook.

Eventually, I heard his voice this time. Shouting for my name. Ohhhhh, I knew this is going to happen.

" KIM SUNGYEOL! "

Hiiihihihihi, Myungsoo, I'm sorry.

 

" Kim? " I uttured confusingly.

" Kim who? " I asked myself again.

" Kim Woo? Who the hell is that? " I scratched my head then eventually, I'm pulling my hair out of desperation to know who this Kim Woo is.

" Ughhhh... " damn you, Kim Myungsoo!

" Wait. Kim Sungyeol? " oh my god...

 

(Word Count: 2206)


/sings She's Back/

Hello everyone! I'm freaking back with this story and again, sorry for the long wait. I haven't even finished INFINITE? (which is on haitus right now) yet and still, I'm risking my life in this story.

It took me months to come up with this and those times, my brain isn't fully cooperating with me T^T

 

(I really want this story to have a poster but I don't know how to do one HAHAHAHA)

Please support me in this story and please love INFINITE more!

btw, my name is Sha! Feel free to talk to me^^

 

I want to thank those who subsribed and commented already! Thank you so much.

 

[ CHAPTER TWO PREVIEW ]

My heart didn't stop yet from drumming.
It only went stronger as a question popped inside my head.

Is Myungsoo just a best friend for me?

 


©ShiningJongDae aka SHA ^^