Page 2 : One of a Kind

Colorful Diaries - (One Shot Stories Collection of Jonghyun & Yoona)

“Omma what are you talking about? Arranged marriage??” Jonghyun almost spitting out his drink when he heard what is his Mom talking about while they were having an afternoon tea in the backyard.

“Aigoo it’s not that complex. I just want you to meet with this girl.”

Jonghyun sighed. “Omma, I’m still a 2nd year High School Students. Isn’t it too fast for an arranged marriage?”

“Jonghyun, it’s not like that—“

“Then what is it?” he asked while taking his guitar. “Later, omma surely will say that she is my future wife…” he said and strummed his guitar recklessly.

“Anii. I just want you and her become friends. Well, I admit that I have a plan for an arranged marriage with you and her, but it must be after you graduated school and university.” His Mom still trying to convince him.

“Omma. I already have enough friends.”

“Yeah. But none of them is girl. All of your friends is guy. Omma just trying to say that you should try to interact with girls too. Don’t act coldly towards them…”

Jonghyun squinted at his Mom. “Who said that I acted coldly?”

His Mom sighed and sipped her tea. “Seoul International High School is owned by our family. Of course I and your Dad always knew all of the things about you in school.”

“So, Omma said that Omma and Appa were spying on my behavior at school?” Jonghyun stopped his guitar playing. “Omma, becoming friends with girls are so distressing. They are not fun, and hard to understand. They aren’t simple as guys. All of girls are the same…” Jonghyun spoke out his mind. “I think you already knew, omma…”

“Nee. I know, son…” His Mom smiled and Jonghyun’s hairs so lovely. “But one thing that you should know is not all girls in this world like that. You should open your eyes, adeul. You’ll need someone special in your life and you wont get it if you keep your eyes closed. I really want the best for my son… So, please meet her…”

Jonghyun just kept silent while still holding his guitar. Actually Omma was right. I know Omma and Appa always give me the best, especially if all of that can make me happy. Just like now, they know that I have so much interest in music, so they allow me to do what I want, joining the band club in school, though I should have to start learning about the company’s business since I’m the next inheritor but they didn’t force me to do it right now. They always said that I should find my happiest life. And because of that, I really don’t want to make them feel sad or disappointed about me. And when Omma talked about this, just now I feel bad towards Omma because I was talking back… Then what should I do? If I rejected Omma’s request, I know she will upset, eventhough she wont show it to me but I know… Or should I do it? So I’ll find the answer which one is wrong--Omma’s thought or my thought about the girl…

“Jonghyun?”

Jonghyun immediately back from his mind-talking and looked at his Mom. “Fine. I’ll meet her.”

With that respond, he could see that his Mom’s eyes are sparkling. “Jinjja?”

“Nee, Omma. But with one rule, please don’t expect anything. If I don’t like her then I don’t want to meet her again and no arranged marriage with her.” He said firmly.

“Arasseo. Omma understand.” His Mom pinched Jonghyun’s cheek. “Oh my son is so charming. I’ll call Rae Na right now.”

“Omma!” Jonghyun called once again before his Mom entered the house. “Did that girl already agree to meet me?”

“Nee. She agreed as soon as Rae Na asked her.” His Mom answered and entered the house. Left his son alone in the backyard.

“Agree as soon as she was asked…” Jonghyun mumbled. “Seems like she’s an easy girl… Tsk… Maybe I’ll win over Omma this time.”

 

* * *

 

“Omma, who’s that guy name?” Yoona asked her Mom while they were making some cookies in the kitchen together.

“Collin. Why? Are you already impatient to meet with him?” Her Mom and laughed when she saw Yoona’s face are blushing.

“Omma, I’m just asking. It’s not funny at all if I’m going to meet someone that I didn’t even know his name. But Omma, why his name is Collin?”

“Don’t you know that Harry and Ha Ni are half-foreigner?” Her Mom mentioned Jonghyun’s parents, which was her Mom and Dad’s bestfriend since long ago. “Beside, that’s his nickname when he was little. Now, he’s using his korean name. Jonghyun. So, just call him like that.”

“Uhm… Yeah. I just realized that Harry samchon and Ha Ni imo aren’t looks like 100% Korean at all…” Yoona agreed. “But Omma, they often come here but I never know that they have a son. Even some business magazine that I’ve ever read, I never see their son. Why?”

“You’re very curious about him, aren’t you?” her Mom giggled. “It’s because Jonghyun doesn’t like to appear in public. He really hates that kind of publicity. Ha Ni ever said to me that Jonghyun will happy to be known in public if it was the result of his own hard work. And right now he’s still a high school student. Maybe after he graduated from university and takeover the company, you’ll see him often in public.” Her Mom explained. “Such as a reliable son, isn’t he? Ha Ni and Harry must be proud of him…”

“Nee…” Yoona nodded. “Omma seems to like him more than me…” she pouted. “Are you already met with him, Omma?”

“I’m always proud of my daughter. Why are you jealous with him?” Her Mom laughed and caressed Yoona’s hairs. “And yes. Omma already met with him so many times. Do you know why you never meet with him? It’s because you two have one thing in common. Jonghyun and you didn’t really like to join us if we went somewhere… He choose to stay at home, just like you”

“Aah. I see…” Yoona nodded. “Omma… Is he a difficult person to get along?”

“No. Jonghyun is a very nice boy. Don’t worry.” Her Mom said with confidence. “You and Jonghyun will get along together so well…”

 

* * *

 

Yoona was arrived at the cafe that they already promised to meet. (Well actually it was her Mom and Jonghyun’s Mom that arranged this place). She just back from school so she’s still wearing her uniform. She doesn’t care at all about her outfit since she thought that Jonghyun must be wearing the same with her. She entered the café and an employee already waiting for her and took her to the place that already reserved. She looked at her watch. He hasn’t arrived yet… No wonder, his school is further away from this place rather than my school. She decided to order a cup of cappuccino while waiting him. She then took out her sketchbook and in a minute, she already has been immersed in it.

Jonghyun parked his white motorsport in front of the café and took off his helmet. She might be already inside since Seoul Art and Design High School is not so far from here. He thought and fixed his backpack before entered the café. He approached the table and found that a girl already sitting there, while facing him back. Jonghyun took a step closer and he found that the girl was busy drawing something on a sketchbook. Ho oh. She’s still wearing uniform? I guessed that she must be like other girl who was paying full attention to her outfit but looks like I’m wrong. Seems like that girl really didn’t feel his presence. He took a step closer again so he can see what exactly that the girl is drawing. A dress? Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. So she must be attend the Designer major in her high school? Ah… that’s why she didn’t enter Seoul International High School. It’s kinda make me wondered at first why… It must be because there’s no Design major at my school… He thought and kept looking at the sketch. I admit she’s talented. Although I didn’t know so much about dress or design but I can tell that the dress that her drawing is good…  “Ehm… Yoona-ssi?” he decided to greet her after standing silently for almost five minutes. But there’s no respond from the girl infront of him. That girl is still doing her work. Looks like she’s really immersed into it… He cleared his throat and decided to call her once again with louder voice. “Yoona-ssi?”

And thankfully, Yoona finally aware. She turned her head in a surprise, and became more surprised when she saw who was calling her name. She stood up immediately and greeted him. “Nee. Jonghyun-ssi?”

Jonghyun nodded and sit on his chair infront of Yoona. “I’m a bit late.” He said while still looking at Yoona. So she is the daughter of Rae Na imo and Kyu Jong samchon…

“Nevermind.” Yoona shook her head. “I apologize too, since I ordered a drink without waiting for you first…”

Jonghyun didn’t answer and just order the main food. After he and Yoona ordered, he found that Yoona already put back the sketchbook in her bag. “You took the Designing major in your school?” he began to ask. Usually he’s not the type who will start the conversation with girl. He even didn’t want to talk with girl, but this time he just feel curious about the girl infront of him. Since he saw the way she’s drawing just now… And he even couldn’t help but paying attention to her appearance. Yoona has a long-straight hair, with slightly brown colored. She has a white skin. Her small lips formed a very nice smile. And the most thing that made him paid full attention is her eyes. Her eyes were sparkling, showing that she’s full of happiness. Seems like she had nothing to worry. Well, he never paid any attention about girl’s appearance although they were pretty but right now he admit that the girl infront of him is very beautiful.

“Nee.” Yoona nodded and looked at the table again. I dont dare to look into his eyes for longer. She sighed silently. The guy infront of him already made her feel nervous. It’s because his appearance. He has a black hair, very contrasting with his a fairly white skin. His eyes are so profound and has an icy cold stare. Even his voice… she even think that she’ll shiver if Jonghyun spoke to her. But Yoona admits it as soon as they meet. That Jonghyun is a very handsome guy. She even can bet that she never meet anyone who is more handsome than him. But then back into his icy voice and stare… Ugh… Seems like Omma was lying at me, saying that he is a very nice and heartwarming guy…

“You know why our parents want us to meet, right?” Jonghyun suddenly spoke up.

Yoona remembered her Mom’s words. Try to meet him. Ha Ni really want you to become Jonghyun’s friend. “Nee…” she nodded while still looked down.

“And you agree as soon as you knew the reason?” he continued to ask with his cold voice.

“Nee…” Yoona nodded again.

She answered straightly. Does she trying to tell me that she already agree for an arranged marriage? “Why?”

“I don’t think there’s a reason…” Yoona finally raised her head and faced Jonghyun, because she’s a bit confused with his question. Why? Should we have a reason to become a friend with someone? I don’t think so…

“There’s no reason?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, cynically. “Do you really like the idea that much?”

What’s wrong with him? Why he’s so cold? Is it because… he doesn’t want to become friends with me? Yoona thought confusedly. “I think so. I-I mean, I don’t need a reason of doing this. But if you don’t want then let’s forget it…”

“You don’t need a reason of doing this? Do you usually act like this?”

“Like what?”

“Make yourself look so cheap…” Jonghyun let out a sarcastic words. I mean, how could she agreed like that? And to make it worst, she even said that she doesn’t need any reasons. It means she’s doing it without any regrets? Did she ever think about her own life? I mean… I know I’m just meet him today. Before I met her, I think that she’s an easy girl. But it changed after I saw her just now, drawing and immersed into it. I know by just seeing her passion in her eyes, that she really wants to become a designer. She has a great passion to fullfil her dream. She’s different with other girls that I’ve met. And fact that she’s not trying to act sweetly infront of me, made me think like that she’s different. But when I heard she was saying that she’s very easy to accept this idea of an arranged marriage… tsk… then she’s no different with the other annoying girls.

Yoona almost couldn’t believe what is she heard from the guy infront of her. “Mw-Mwo? What are you saying? I make myself look so cheap?”

“Yes.” Jonghyun said firmly.

Yoona was gasping when she heard Jonghyun’s straight answer. She hardly controlled not to burst out her anger. Calm, Yoona. Stay calm. Don’t show your weak side infront of this brash guy. “Well. I’m sorry if you think that this idea is just a trash, Jonghyun-ssi.” She spoke out while holding out her anger and tears. “But I’ll tell you, Don’t you even dare to say that I’m a cheap girl! You have no right to say it!!” She stood up and took her bag. “Sorry for taking your precious time. In future, I hope that we wont meet again!” she said and left the café.

She walked across the street and stopped at the park near the café. She couldn’t hold hear tears anymore and burst it out. She sat on the bench while sobbing hardly. How could he’s saying something harsh like that? He’s nobody! We just met today and he already said something like that!! What? What’s so annoying about becoming a friend?? Is that idea really disgusting for him?? Did I do something wrong to him??? I EVEN DIDN’T HAVE A THOUGHT TO FLIRT WITH HIM AND HE’S SAYING THAT I’M A CHEAP GIRL??? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, JONGHYUN??? I REALLY HATE HIM!!!!  

 

* * *

 

Jonghyun was still sitting on his chair after Yoona left. Why she’s angry? She’s the one who made herself become like that… He thought and suddenly his attention was going to his phone. It’s a text from his Mom.

Jonghyun-ah. You’re still with Yoona right? Treat her better. You know, Rae Na imo told me that she’s very excited when Rae Na imo told her to meet you and become friends with you…

Jonghyun read the text and a guilty feeling suddenly acrossed him. What? Rae Na imo only told me to become a friend with me? She didn’t mention about arranged marriage?? He called his Mom immediately to confirm it. “Omma!” he said as soon as his mom picked up the call. “Did she… know that you’re planning an arranged marriage for me and her?”

“Wae? Of course no. Do you think Yoona will agree if Rae Na told her like that?”

Jonghyun patted his forehead. “Omma! You should told me earlier!” He ended the call in a hurry and grabbed his backpack. I should meet her right now. He left the café after paid the bills and ride his motorsport. Hopefully she’s still near here… I don’t see a driver picked her up when she left the café… He thought and suddenly stopped his motorsport when he saw someone was sitting on the bench at the park. Daenghida… It’s her. He got down from his motorbike and approached Yoona from behind. Is she crying? He stopped when he noticed that Yoona was sobbing. And it makes him feel more guilty. He scratched his hairs, don’t know what must to do since he didn’t know how to deal with a girl. Especially when the girl is crying because of him. She might kick me if she saw me. He took a breath and finally brave to call her name. “Yoona-ssi.”

Yoona, who was still sobbing, suddenly turned her head when she heard someone’s voice. Someone that she wished not to meet him anymore but right now that someone already stood behind her and called her name. She wiped her tears recklessly and glared at Jonghyun. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? I think I already told you that I don’t want to meet you again!”

Jonghyun just standing there without saying anything. And it makes Yoona feels more angry. She took her bag and about to leave him but suddenly Jonghyun held her arm, prevented her not to go. She pulled her arm, wanting to release but Jonghyun held tightly.

“Listen to me first, Yoona-ssi.” He finally spoke up. “I’m very sorry with my rude act just now…”

“Wae? Why you’re apologizing? Listen to me, Jonghyun-ssi. Don’t take your words back. I know what’s your though about me. I already know!”

“Mian. Jeongmal mianhae. It’s a misunderstanding…”

“Mwo? Misunderstanding?” Yoona snorted. “After you told me that I’m a cheap girl then you said simply that it was a misunderstanding??”

Jonghyun sighed. “Yes. It’s a misunderstanding because our parents told the different reason for us to meet…”

“What are you talking about?” Yoona finally turned calm a bit, although she’s still glaring at him.

“What did Rae Na imo ask you?” Jonghyun asked back. “She told you to meet me, because of what?”

“Why? Is it important?” She asked but Jonghyun didn’t respond her, just waiting for her answer first. “Omma told me to meet you because Ha Ni imo said that she really want me to become your friend…”

Jonghyun’s eyes became widened. “Just it?”

“Nee. Wae?” Yoona asked while looking at Jonghyun with her innocent eyes.

“And you agree to meet me?”

Yoona glared at him again. “What is this again? After I answered Yes then you’re going to say that I’m a cheap girl again??”

“No… no… It’s just… why you want to become my friend?” Jonghyun asked, still in disbelief. How can this girl accept the offer to meet me eventhough she didn’t know who I am and how’s my attitude…

“Why you always need a reason for become a friend with someone? Is it that bad to make so many friends?”

“Then you came here to meet me… to become my friend?”

“Nee… But seems like you didn’t want to. So, let’s just forget it!”

Jonghyun let out a deep sigh and sat on the bench. “Mian… I don’t know that’s your reason to meet with me…”

“Huh?” Yoona tilted her head. “What are you talking about? Aren’t we having the same reason?”

“Don’t you know the truth why our parents want us to meet?” Jonghyun asked back. And he sighed when Yoona just shook her head innocently. “They’re planning to create… you know… a marriage…”

“A marriage??” Yoona’s eyes became widened. “Who’s marriage?”

“You and me, of course!” Jonghyun said desperately. “You really don’t know??”

“HAH??” Yoona almost squealed in surprise. “US?? SSIROO!!!” she rejected strongly. “What is Omma thinking about? She wanted me to marry someone like this cold guy??” she grumbled.

“Mwoh? Cold guy??” Jonghyun squinted at her. “Yoona-ssi, do you think I want this too? That’s why I acted like that in the café before. It’s because I was thinking that you already knew about this and you just agreed with it…”

“MWOH?? Of course no!! Do you think I’m that easy??” Yoona glared at him and sat on the bench too. “Arranged marriage…?? Maldo andwae…”

Jonghyun didn’t respond when he saw Yoona is still feeling shock and surprise. So he just give her time to calm herself. “So… how’s your respond?” he asked after a long-silent between them.

Yoona sighed. “Can I rejected it?”

“Of course you can.”

“How about you? You’ll reject it too right?”

“Do you think why I’m here if I said no?”

“HUH?? Don’t tell me that you agree???” So, who’s the cheap one here???

Jonghyun sighed. “Yoona-ssi. What do you know about me?”

“Huh?” Yoona tilted her head but decided to answer that sudden question. “You’re the only son of Harry samchon and Ha Ni imo. You’re studying at SI High School. And you’re the next one inheritor of your family’s company…”

“How’s my life do you think? Is it good to become someone like me?”

“Uhm… I’m not saying that I want to become like you. I’m satisfied with my life right now. But if you’re asking like that, I’ll answer that most of people really want to become like you… You have everything in your hand…” Yoona tried to give a logical answer although she still didn’t understand what is Jonghyun talking about.

“Yeah. It’s all thanks to my parents who was giving me a pleasant life like this. So, do you think, am I being rude if I make them disappointed or upset because of me?”

Yoona finally understood what Jonghyun is trying to say. He doesn’t want to disappoint his parents. Actually I couldn’t blame him. Since I have the same thought with him about treating our parents…

My parents don’t put a restriction on me or seldom scold me. They even suggested to try various experience. But they’re not a type of person who supports me actively, either. Maybe thanks to that, my spirit of self-reliance became stronger. I have to do everything by myself. I have to control myself. I always think like that…” Jonghyun started to speak again. “But I know they’re like that because they really want me to be happy… And that’s why I know what I should do for them. They know that I’m very interest in music so they let me to do it. But I know that I should study business more because I’m the only one their hope. And about this arrangement… it’s the first time Omma asked a favor to me… She never asked something from me, she let me to do all that I want. So if this is the only one request from my parents for me, don’t you think I’m being a very bad child if I rejected it?”

Yoona didn’t answer him. I know… I understand your reason… and if you said that it’s our parents arrangement then I think I don’t have a choice too… She cleared . “I understand… since I always did the same for my parents too… But… is it mean that they told us to get married right now??”

“Ppabo…” Jonghyun chuckled. “Of course no… We still have to attend the university first…”

Yoona was stunning when she saw the guy infront of her, for the first time, was smiling. He has a very nice smile… “Ahh… daenghida…”

“So it means you agree too?” Jonghyun asked her. “Then since now, we should meet often…”

“WAE???” Yoona spontaneously asked. Meet you once already made me feel shiver, sad, angry at the same time.

“Wae?” Jonghyun asked in disbelief face. “Yya! I’m your future husband. Of course I should know about my future wife too. Haah… although I’m kinda disappointed about Omma’s choice…”

“MWOH??” Yoona stood up and folded her arms. “So you’re saying that I’m not good??”

“You are noisy, sloppy, and high-tempered… I wondered how will my life in the future with you… It will be hard for sure…”

“YYA! You’re the one who made me like this! Huh! I cant believe Omma choose you. Why she choose such as a cold-hearted guy??”

“Cold hearted??” Jonghyun squinted at her. “Yoona-ssi. For your info, I never become friends with girls because I think it just wasting time. So you should be ready, since I wont treat you so nice…”

“MWOH?? Aigoo… cincca… then that’s explaining why you’re so cold hearted. Omo… what will happen to my future life? I’ll be the stressed one here…”

“Huh? I guess I’m the stressed one!”

“WHAT? Don’t you dare to talk back! You just made me cry because your harsh words!” Yoona glared at Jonghyun, made him shut his mouth. “You should apologize!!”

“But I already am.”

“You called it apologize?” Yoona snorted. “Yya! Because of you, right now I’m so starving. So treat me delicious food right now!”

“Then you’ll forgive me?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrows.

“Nee.” Yoona nodded happily and stared at Jonghyun with her sparkle eyes.

Jonghyun looked at her for a while and suddenly burst out laughing. Woah… I really couldn’t believe this. She was crying just a moment ago because of me and right now she’s back normal again. And the most unbelievable thing is… why I feel so relaxed with her? I mean… I never felt like this to other annoying girls. And although she’s annoying too but she’s different. I can say that she’s so honest. Just look into her eyes and I already can feel it. Humph… just like I’m saying… She’s so simple… but not as weak as I think. Wondered how’s my world since now on… maybe there’ll be a big change in my world just because of her. He let out a small laugh when he saw Yoona already waiting him at his motorbike.

“Jonghyun! Ppalli! I’m already so hungry!! I don’t care if you’re saying that you always act coldly towards girls! I’m your future wife so I don’t tolerate any of your cold acts!”

See? She’s different, isn’t she? Jonghyun smiled before he approached Yoona. Well… Omma, I think Omma was right this time…  

 

* * *

 

“Ha Ni-ah, so you’re lying to Jonghyun?” Rae Na asked Ha Ni when two of them were shopping together.

“If I’m just saying that he should be friends with her, he surely will say no. So, I’m just putting some act to say that it’s like an arranged marriage. Of course I know Jonghyun’s weak point. He couldn’t reject if I or his Dad asked a serious favor…” Ha Ni giggled. “I bet Yoona must be already believe that it’s the truth. Beside, since beginning, I always wanted Yoona to become my daughter-in-law. Arent you? Or do you want other guy to become your daughter’s husband?”

Rae Na laughed. “I always wanted Jonghyun become my son-in-law too. He’s so matched with Yoona. And yes, you’re right. I can’t think if other person is marrying Yoona rather than Jonghyun…”

“See? It’s not a lie at all…” Ha Ni chuckled. “Ah, Yoona must be believe about this… How do you think? Will she agree?”

Rae Na smiled meaningfully. “Don’t worry. Yoona has the same thought with Jonghyun about treating us. Ah… so happy. I already couldn’t wait to see them as a couple…”

“Me too… Aigoo… how nice!”

 

 

 

*end*


 

hi :)

another one shot story here ^^

hopefully you'll like it guys ^^

and I was so amazed when I see your respond for Blind Love :)

it really encourages me to write and write more.

thank you so much