Page 1 : Blind Love

Colorful Diaries - (One Shot Stories Collection of Jonghyun & Yoona)

New York.

“Jonghyun, Dad want to ask a favor from you…”

“What is it, Dad?”

“Our company in Seoul, I think I’ll give it to you to handle…”

Jonghyun looked at his Dad with surprised face. “Dad… what are you talking about?”

“I want you to become the Director of our company in Seoul…” his Dad repeated his request.

“But… Dad… I’m still a newbie in this company. It was just a month ago when I entered and you told me to become a Director of Lee’s Corporation in Seoul??”

“You’ve already showed me your hardwork. And it’s not only my decision. All of employees here agree with it. Nevertheless, sooner or later, you’ll become the CEO of this corporation so for now, becoming a Director is just a small part of your position in the future, son…”

“But Seoul…” Jonghyun sighed.

“Why? You don’t want to go there? I think you already missed that country. You spent your childhood time until high school there. And now you’ll be back there after five years. Arent you happy?”

Jonghyun was silent for a moment. If I rejected this, it means I haven’t been quite able to become the next CEO. No, Dad and all of staffs here put their great confidence in me. I shouldn’t make them regretting their decision. “Fine. I’ll tell Mike to prepare my departure.”

“Thanks, son. I know you’ll always make me proud of you…” His Dad patted Jonghyun’s shoulder with proud smile before he left him alone in that room.

Jonghyun let out a heavy sigh when he’s already alone in his room. He pulled the curtain to see the night view from his room in 23th floor. His eyes locked at the night sky but his mind actually was busily thinking of something. Five years… It’s already five years that we decided to forget each other… How are you now? Are you still in Korea? Now I’ll go back there… Will we meet again? Or… do you still want to meet me again…?

 

Eight Years Ago. Seoul International High School.

“Oh, what is this?” Jonghyun, who was walking in the corridor while chatting with his bestfriends, suddenly stopped when he noticed that he was almost stepping on the paper. He bended a little to take the paper. “Oh? A design?”

“Woah. What a nice design...” one of his bestfriend, Jonghoon, praised it. “Who’s the designer?”

“There’s no name in it…” Seunghyun, his another bestfriend commented. “Oh, excuse me, you are Im Yoona from 1-B right?” he suddenly talked to a girl who was there on the corridor too. The girl named Yoona, looks very surprised when she saw who the three guys were standing in front of her, but she still nodded. “Did you drop something? Seems like you were searching something in this corridor…”

“Uhm… nothing…” Yoona raised her head and suddenly her eyes noticed something in Jonghyun’s hands. “Ah! That’s mine…”

“This is?” Jonghyun looked at the paper. “It’s yours? So you’re the one who drawing it?”

“Yes…” Yoona nodded once again.

“Then, here.” Jonghyun gave her the paper. “You have a nice drawing.”

“Kk-kamsahamnida.” Yoona looks a bit surprised when she was praised by the guy in front of her. The guy who is well known as the prince in the school. Not all of people can become his friends. That’s why she feels a bit uncomfortable when Jonghyun is talking to her.

“What’s your name? Im Yoona?” Jonghyun asked again. “Yoona-ssi, can you design a dress for a 14th years old girl?”

“Huh??” Jonghoon was the first to react. “What’s this sudden thing, Jonghyun-ah…?”

“My sister’s birthday is coming soon. And you know that Seolhyun really don’t like a common or branded gift…” Jonghyun explained to his bestfriend and then turned to Yoona. “I think your design is pretty suitable with my sister’s taste. Can you help me to make a new one, Yoona-ssi?”

Yoona was biting her lips, seems like she was having a doubt to answer it. “B-but… I’m not a designer… I mean, I’m still studying to be a designer…”

Jonghyun smiled. “That’s why I asked you. Don’t you get it? My sister wont receive it if she knew that it’s from a well-known designer which is she can get it by herself… So, can you help me? Please, I beg you… I’m already ran out of idea about kind of gifts for my sister…”

“Uhm… but… please forgive me if it will turn bad, Jonghyun-ssi…” Yoona finally gave up.

“Nah! It won’t.” Jonghyun approached him with a big grin on his face. “Since you agree to help me, so we’re friends right now. Please drop your honorific. We’re the same age by the way… You can call me Jonghyun. Nice to meet you… Yoona…”

 

* * *

 

“Yoona!”

Yoona turned her head and her lips curved a nice smile when she saw who was calling her name. “Annyeong...” she greeted the guy who was approaching her.

“Morning.” Jonghyun greeted her back with big smile and walked together along the corridor. It’s already two months after Yoona designed a dress for Jonghyun’s little sister and turn out that Jonghyun’s little sister really love it and made Jonghyun feels so thankful to Yoona. And since then, everyone in the school already knew that they become closer. Jonghyun, who never interact with girls, showed his friendly side only to Yoona. Although it makes many girls feel jealous towards her, but they couldn’t do anything. Yoona is very beautiful. Everyone had to admit that they are a perfect couple. Until one day… when their graduate time is coming closer…

“Is there something bothered you lately?” Jonghyun, for the umpteenth time, asked Yoona. He noticed that Yoona sometimes put a gloomy face lately. But everytime he asked, Yoona changed her expression back to normal again and said that there’s nothing wrong. It makes him feel that Yoona actually hides something from him.

“Jonghyun…” Yoona paused her drawing and looked at him. “I think I already said there’s nothing…”

“Don’t lie to me, Yoona.” Jonghyun said in serious voice. “I know you were hiding something…”

“Jonghyun—“

“Do you think you can lie to me? I know you so well, Yoona. I know you’re facing a problem right now. I know just by look at your expression, your act, your drawing… Tell me, what is it?”

“Aigoo… you really make me want to laugh with your serious expression.” Yoona chuckled and continued to draw. “I told you there’s nothing, Jonghyun. By the way, did you already decide which university that you’ll attend? Since you received so many offers…”

“Hey, aren’t we agree to choose NYU when we’re in 2nd grade? Since that university is the best for business and also for your major, Art and Design?” Jonghyun tilted his head. Feel strange with Yoona’s question. “We even already discussed it with teachers and we already got the LoA so there’s nothing to worry…”

“Why you’re so optimistic?”

“Huh? What are you saying?”

Yoona put down her pencil. “I’m not going to the same university with you, Jonghyun…”

“WHAT??” Jonghyun straightened his seat and turned his body at Yoona. “What are you talking about??”

“You heard me clearly…”

“Yoona…”

“Listen, Jonghyun. I wont attend the same university with you.”

“Why???”

“Because I’m tired of this. I’m tired of being beside you. I want to get my past life, before I met you. I’m tired of the envy-eyes from all the girls every time we’re together. I’m tired of getting so many public attention just because of you. I’m tired of hearing people said that I’m only attached to you!!” Yoona finally burst out her mind.

“Yoona…” Jonghyun still couldn’t think properly. He just looked at Yoona with disbelief eyes.

“Now, I finally found a way to separate with you. To get my past life that full of happiness back. So please let me go. I’m really tired of you, Jonghyun!”

“Yoona… what are you talking about…? You’re saying that you… you want us to separate?”

“Yes. You finally understand?” Yoona looked at him with firmly eyes.

“The reason… but I think you already don’t consider it all as a big problem… Why now…?”

“You think? Sorry for make you disappointed, Jonghyun, but I think you’re wrong when you said that you know me so well. How much did you know about me? I bet you didn’t know anything, Jonghyun…” Yoona said firmly and packed her things into her bag. “Did I make everything clear?”

“So… after these 3 years… you want to separate? You want to forget it all? Then how about our relationship, Yoona? Are you just playing with me as your boyfriend?” Jonghyun asked with husky voice, seems like he’s very devastated.

Yoona stopped her walk. “Jonghyun, do you think that we are a couple? Did I ever said that I’m your girlfriend?” she asked in cold tone. “Did I ever said that I want to be your friend? Your girlfriend? To become a couple? All of those are only your thought, Jonghyun!”

“Geure? So this is the truth…” Jonghyun spoke again with hurtful voice. “So, I’m the stupid one here. Thinking that I already found my right girl for me… but actually she has no difference with the other annoying girls outside there… Fine. If these all that you want, Yoona. Fine…”

“Glad that you finally understand.” Yoona started to walk again but before she left him, she stopped again. “And Jonghyun-ssi, whatever what happen in the future, I really don’t want you to disturb my life anymore…”

“Then tell me one thing. I’ll do all that you want but please answer my question truthfully. Do you, even for a second in your life, ever love me?”

Yoona was silent for a moment before she managed to answer with her cold voice. “Sorry to disappoint you. But no. Not even a second.” And with that saying, she left Jonghyun and never come back. Even the next day, and until graduation, they acted like strange people for each other.

And as his promise, Jonghyun really broke off all the related things with Yoona.

 

 

And in the end… I’m still be the stupid one here… As I said, I’ll keep my promise not to disturb you anymore. But you didn’t say that I should forget you, Yoona… Jonghyun sat on his chair and looked at his phonescreen. It was a picture of him and Yoona eight years ago. It’s good. Because until now, I still couldn’t forget you… No matter how far apart we are, I always love you. I was captivated and fell in love. I had a sense of destiny that you were everything. That’s why… I still couldn’t erase this feeling. Although I know that our love destination is in a fog and you are not in my sight anymore but it doesn’t matter. Because if I close my eyes, you are there, you are still there…

 

* * *

 

“Oppa!!” Someone suddenly hugged him hard as soon as he entered her house in Seoul. Jonghyun hugged him back while laughing happily. “We just didn’t meet for five years and you already become a beautiful woman…”

“Oppa!! How can you being so rude to me?? Why you never visited me after you left me?? Don’t you know that I feel so lonely here??” Seolhyun, his sister nagged while still hugging him.

“Well… Who said that you’re lonely? Dad and Mom were with you most of the time rather than me.” Jonghyun said and ruffled his sister’s hairs. “How’s your work?”

“Being a model is my passion since I was little so of course I’m full of happiness doing it right now…” Seolhyun said cutely. “But you know oppa, although you’re not in Korea, why you’re still so popular here? Most of girls came to me just because they want to know about you…”

Jonghyun laughed. “Ah. Arent you happy that you have a handsome oppa like me?”

“Of course I am proud since you’re so handsome, oppa. But there’s no meaning if my handsome brother still couldn’t find his happiness…” Seolhyun’s expression became a bit gloomy.

“What are you talking about?” Jonghyun laughed again. “I’m laughing right now, not crying, why you said that I’m not happy?”

“Oppa! Tsk… Don’t you dare to lie! You still couldn’t forget Yoona unnie right…?” Seolhyun asked straightly. “Don’t you think that I don’t know anything oppa. You rejected so many girls, and you’re still alone until right now. It’s because your heart is still filled by Yoona unnie…”

“Don’t talk nonsense, little girl…” Jonghyun patted his sister’s head and smiled.

“Oppa! Don’t you want to know about Yoona unnie??”

“No.” Jonghyun said calmly although his heart feels a bit hurt everytime Yoona’s name was mentioned. “And Seol, you just met your oppa after five years and you want to talk about this? C’mon...” he chuckled.

“Oppa!! Please don’t be so stubborn!” Seolhyun said in despair voice. “Oppa! I don’t care about your nonsense promise to not disturb Yoona unnie’s life anymore, I don’t really care! I only want to say that I’ve just met Yoona unnie last year… and… finally I know the truth…”

“I knew the truth too, dongsaeng…” I just had one-sided love with her…

“No, you’re not, oppa!!” Seolhyun said strongly. “Don’t you want to know the reason why she left you five years ago, oppa? Don’t you think the reason that she told you is a lie??”

“Seolhyun, stop it…”

“No! Why you’re not ask her the truth oppa??”

“I already asked, Seolhyun. And she already answered me. Everything is clear!”

“And you believe it? Oppa, you’re saying that you love unnie, how can you couldn’t know that she was lying at you? You said that you know unnie so well, how can you believe her reason that time?? You know Yoona unnie isn’t a weak girl, you know about this so well, then you just believe when she said that she couldnt bear all of the things with you???” Seolhyun raised her voice, almost crying. “Oppa, you couldn’t think properly that time!! You just received all of the fake reasons from unnie without thinking about it. You’re just too emotional at that time! You even didn’t try to hold back unnie when she left you! Is it what you called ‘love’??”

Jonghyun just kept silent and looked at his sister. “Although you’re saying that it’s all are the fake reasons. But in the end, it’s still the same, Seolhyun. She left me and don’t want me to disturb her life anymore…”

“Of course she’s saying like that. It’s because Yoona unnie is a strong girl. She want to face her problem by herself. She didn’t want to be a burden for you, oppa…”

“Is there any problem that she couldn’t share to me??? If she considers my presence, then she should telling me anything!”

“Why you didn’t try to find it by yourself, oppa? Don’t you ever think if Yoona unnie told you directly, people will think that she’s just using you…?” Seolhyun sat beside Jonghyun and faced him. “Oppa, you don’t know when you’re in 3rd grade, Yoona unnie’s parents went bankrupt, right?”

“WHAT?? Bankrupt????”

“Yes. Of course we didn’t hear the news since Yoona unnie’s parents worked in Japan. Yoona unnie didn’t tell anyone about this too. You know oppa, that’s the real reason why she couldn’t attend the same university with you. It’s not because she didn’t want to be with you, but it’s because of cost of education there. And why she didn’t tell you, oppa? You still don’t get it?”

Jonghyun feels like his heart was stabbed by a knife. “Because she knew, for sure, I’ll try to help her family… and I knew she really hates to be pitied…” he mumbled. “That’s why she told me to forget all the related things with her. That’s why she told me not to disturb her anymore…” he closed her eyes desperately. “I’m so stupid… I’m really really stupid… I’m just being a bad man to her… and I ever thought that she’s the bad one here for all the time… Stupid me…”

“Oppa…” Seolhyun came closer to her brother and caressed his back. “Don’t you want to meet unnie?”

“You said that you met him last year. How’s her life? Is she happy? Is the problem already solved?”

“Oppa… mian. I already broke one promise with unnie, that I shouldn’t tell you the truth. I don’t want to break another promise with her anymore… I couldn’t tell you…” Seolhyun answered with guilty feeling. “Mian oppa…”

Jonghyun took a deep breath. “Nevermind. You’re right. You should keep your promise. Just like me. It’s just a past…”

“Then… oppa… when will you start to work?” Seolhyun tried to change the subject. “Since you left me five years ago, you never see I’m working, right? Come to studio tomorrow, oppa.”

“Why? Must I?”

“Yya! Oppa doesn’t want to see me?? Don’t you miss me that much?” Seolhyun pouted, made Jonghyun laughed and ruffled her hairs.

“Arasseo. I’ll come…”

 

* * *

 

“Turn left, oppa.”

“Why? I think that we’re heading to your studio?” Jonghyun asked confusedly while driving his car.

“Yes we will. But I have to take my clothes first for photoshoot…”

“Why you’re treating your oppa just like your manager…” Jonghyun grumbled but still following his sister’s order. He parked the car in front of a very big boutique. “I don’t remember there’s a boutique here… And it’s pretty big.”

“Aigoo oppa, you left Seoul for five years, do you think it’ll always be the same?” Seolhyun rolled her eyes. “This is the biggest and the most famous boutique in Korea and Japan. Not all of celebrity can get the clothes from here…”

“Whatever. Maybe I’ll pay attention to boutique if I’m going to develop our company in entertainment field…” Jonghyun said nonchalantly and entered the boutique, while Seolhyun already talked with one of staff there.

“Seolhyun, you come!”

Jonghyun suddenly turned his head in surprise. That voice. He never forget that voice. And he almost couldn’t believe when he saw someone was staring at him too with the same surprise expression. Is she real? For how long I didn’t see her… she’s still the same Yoona that I knew… She’s still looks so beautiful… still looks so white with his long hair… still… the same person that I loved her for these eight years…

“Unnie… here… my promise since last year with you.” Seolhyun linked her arms to Jonghyun and dragged him to come closer to Yoona. “Unnie said that it’s impossible since oppa didn’t want to meet unnie anymore… but see, unnie. Oppa is here right now…”

Jonghyun still couldn’t let out any words. He just kept staring at Yoona. Oh… maybe she changed a bit. She’s taller than eight years ago… and she looks more beautiful… Her eyes looks stronger than before… but in the same time, it looks so shady… He cleared his throat and finally spoke out. “Can we… have a talk?”

 

* * *

 

“How are you?” Jonghyun asked after a long silent between them when they’re already on the rooftop of the building.

“How about you…” Yoona asked back.

How I miss that voice. “As you see right now…” Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder. “So, you’re a famous designer now… and you owned this boutique too…?”

“Not that famous…” Yoona denied it. “Seolhyun said that you just completed your MBA this year. It’s pretty fast. Five years and you already got until MBA. Not all people can do the same…”

Jonghyun didn’t reply her but just stare at the view from there. “You finally reached your dream to become a designer…”

“Yeah… But I still want to do more so I can reach more… Seems like you reached your dream too…”

“Me?” Jonghyun let out a small chuckle. “I’m not quite enough to become a CEO yet.”

“But you will. Sooner or later. You must feel satisfied since it’s because of your hardwork…”

“Geure…?” Jonghyun looked at Yoona and smiled again. “But I still didn’t feel satisfy until now…”

“Why? You achieved it all... And you look happy, Jonghyun-ssi."

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, his expression became brighter. "It's normal, right? Aren't you happy, Yoona-ssi? Is there something that make you couldn't feel the happiness?"

Yoona shook her head silently and biting her lips. "No. Of course you should be happy. Did I miss any happy news from you, Jonghyun-ssi? Since I didn't read too much news lately and you're so rare to appear in the business magazine since you're overseas..." she asked in casual tone. Such as... have you already find the only one girl...

"What do you really want to ask, Yoona-ssi? My happiness or my personal life?" Jonghyun asked back in playful tone. "I'm happy, of course. But it differents with the satisfy feeling that I was just talking before..."

"And what does it mean? Do you have something that you still couldn't manage well?"

“Because I always think that I’m a 24 years-old guy who still couldn’t get rid of my past…” He tried to say casually but he noticed that Yoona was startled with his sudden words. “I already know the truth in five years ago… And I think you’re right at that time. Beside, it’s already too late to regret it.” He paused for a moment and glanced at the Yoona, who still silent. “Now, I’m thinking to get my happiness fully. Thanks to you and Seolhyun, my eyes became widened, and realize that I should forgot all of the things that happened in past…”

“Geure… you’re right… You… should get rid of the past…” Yoona finally spoke with heavy voice. I know… I know that I shouldn’t hope anything since I’m the one who made the situation became like this…

“Yeah…” Jonghyun nodded in agreement. “Yoona-ssi, since we met again, now I can apologize properly to you. Forgive my behavior in the past… I’m very very sorry for making your life in a mess because of me in the past…”

“No… You don’t need to apologize… I’m the only one who should apologize to you…” Yoona said with choked voice. In the end, we still can’t be together… I should accept the fact…

“Aaah… I feel good after make the things clear. Thanks to Seolhyun, and you too.” Jonghyun exclaimed in happy voice. “Then, since now I think we should start a new life without looking back at our past life, Yoona-ssi. Although I might still remember it as a beautiful memory…” he smiled and about to leave the place. But he suddenly stopped and turned his head. “One thing, Yoona-ssi, can I ask you one thing?”

Yoona held her breathe and trying her best not to burst out her tears. She tried to put a proper face before she turned to Jonghyun. “What is that?” she tried to ask with casual voice, although she feels like trembling right now.

“Do you ever love me? In your past and your present?”

Yoona couldn’t hold her tears any longer. I already fell in love with you since you picked up my sketch in the corridor eight years ago… I just realized that time I always think about you… The hardest part when I have to separate with you… and the feeling has never disappeared, even until now… But… I think I have no right to say it out… It’s too late already…

Jonghyun back to stand in front of Yoona. “Don’t cry. I know Yoona is a strong girl…” he said softly. “Fine. If you couldn’t answer, nevermind. But please listen to me. Yoona, I already fell in love with you since we first met eight years ago. And I was still loving you when you left me five years ago. And I’m still loving you until right now, I’m standing in front of you. The feeling was never disappeared. Eventhough time has passed, I still love you. It even became stronger everyday. So, right now, I just want to make sure one thing, before I regret for the second time again. You just have to say honestly. Yoona, do you love me? No, I mean, are you still loving me?”

Yoona’s tears dropped more. “Is it okay if I say yes…?” she asked while still sobbing. “Am I good enough to be in your side? After all of the bad things that I did to you…”

Jonghyun pulled her closer and hugged her. “Ppabo… There’s no such thing like good enough. I love you. It’s all. The only thing that will be enough for is your feeling towards me…”

Yoona wiped her tears and looked at Jonghyun. “I… I fell in love at the time when you’re talking to me at the corridor for the first time… I already fell in love with you… and I… do you think why Seolhyun make a promise to bring you meet me if I didn’t love you until now?”

Jonghyun smiled widely as he heard the honest words from the girl in front of him. He tightened his hug. “Nah. That’s enough. Aigoo… if only you were being honest five years ago… we wasted too much times for being separate…”

“If I weren’t lie at you five years ago, I might not ended to become like this…”

“Yeah. You’re right. Thanks for your lie, anyway… and forgive me… it must be hard for you trought the hard times in your life and I’m just leaving yo so carelessly…”

Yoona just shook her head and smiled. “I could survive until now because of you. Because of my feeling for you…”

“Woah… Seems like you love me so much…” Jonghyun laughed. “You usually didn’t speak sweet words. But nevermind. That’s what people called you’re blind because of love…” he chuckled and hugged her tightly.

 

 

* end *


 

short. very short :)

as I said this is just one shot. :)

well... thank you guys for your support. I've received alot even when I didnt upload the story yet :)

thank you so much.

 

I was planning to post another one-shot again. But first I need to search around to find a new cover. I'm running out of their pics :D

once again, thank you.

and your support, your comment, etc, really encourage me to write more...

thank you ^^

if you have something to tell or ask me, feel free to drop ur comment ^^

thanks and love u all