Birthday

Change Of Colors

-----

This chapter contains cursing and whatnot~ 

-----

Narrator POV-

Min-Seo woke up at around 3pm at the sudden burning pain on her wrist. Was this it? She slowly looked at her wrist. Blank. Nothing was there. She sat on her bed taking a closer look. She was right, there was nothing, no mark, nothing, only the pain. She started worrying, what if there was something wrong with her? Or her soulmate? She got goosebumbs even thinking about there being wrong with her soulmate. It was around 3pm and she couldn't fall back asleep, so she decided to do research on her mark so she opened up her laptop and started searching, the sudden light almost blinding her. 

Taehyung's POV

I woke up as I felt a similar pain on my wrist, but it was more intense pain. As I looked at it, my mark was going crazy, it was switching between colors really fast. I figured the pain was coming from it. Could my soulmate be in some kind of trouble? I started to think what I would do if something bad happened to my soulmate. I noticed its was only 3pm from my laptops screen and sighed, I had some dance practice today and I probably couldn't go back to sleep so I just decided to go to the internet. "What.... to do when... your mark.. is changing colors ..really.. fast?" I typed to the hotbar, it loaded, and some results popped up. I clicked at the top one and started reading.

"....When your mark is changing colors fast, you should consider some things. First, how much does it hurt? If it's a familiar pain but stronger, there shouldn't be anything wrong, but- " "Ok so there shouldn't be anything wrong..." I whispered to myself feeling relileved as I read more. "..It's usually one of the two: 1. Your soulmates 18th birthday is coming in the next 10 hours, and thus your mark is changing colors (The most common). 2. If you and your soulmates 18th birthdays are at the same time, it may lead to the mark changing fast. (This is not very common)."

"Okay so it has to be the first one.." I yawned as my eyes started to get more and more heavy, but I still wanted to do more research. I got used to the pain but it was still there, it had been, what? An hour or so but the pain didn't leave, so I decided to search it up. Unfortunately I was so tired i didn't even notice closing my eyes and dozing off.

Min-Seo's POV

I still didn't get used to the new pain on my wrist, but it was wearing off, fortunately. I stopped freaking out a while ago, when I remembered that my actual birthtime wasn't until 11am. I laughed at my self for acting so silly over a normal thing, but my face quickly returned to normal as a thought popped in my head, "Did they feel the pain too?" I remember a long time ago I felt similar pain on the mark's place but never thought anything about it. I shrugged and went back to finishing my coffee. My dad was still on his business trip, so I didn't really have anything to do.

A thought came to me, I haven't gone jogging in forever and I had nothing better to do, so I quickly ran upstairs and started to look for my jogging clothes. "It really has been forever" I stated, brushing the dust off of a grey tank-top and black shorts. Apparently they have been under my bed for some time. I changed and put my hair in a somewhat representable bun as I took my earphones."! My keys!" Right when I was about to close the door, I slid my foot between the door and door frame as I sighed in relief, "Close call". I snached the keys from the bowl they were always in.

A little bit down the road, I had to stop to put my hands on my knees to catch my breath. Although I was a dancer I was still in pretty bad shape. I never liked running, or anything to do with exercise really, but when I found out I liked dancing, I actually started liking a little exercise.

I catched a glimpse of the time on my phones screen and almost dropped it as I realised the time was 10:42. It took me a few moments to register that it was almost 11am and immediately started jogging back home.

Narrator POV

After the shower, Min-Seo put on some comfty pyjamas and dropped on her bed, staring at the ceiling for a while. She heard the alarm on her phone and took it in her hands from the bedside table. It was alredy 10:59 as she waited patiently for it to turn to 11:00. Her phone caught her off guard as her ringtone filled her room. "Goddamit Ji-Yoon" she thought and answered the call.

"OMG HAPPYY BIRTHDAYY TO YOU~~~" She started singing, or more like screaming into Min-Seo's ear.

"Rela- " Min-Seo dropped her phone on her bed to grasp her wrist to, hopefully ease the pain. It literally felt like it was burning. She could hear the muffled yelling which came from her phone so she picked it up, putting it on speaker.

"YOU LITTLE- THIS IS NOT FUNNY! MIN-SEO YOU-"

"Fricking hell man chillax for bit" Min-Seo bursted laughing as she could almost see her best-friends shocked face.

"WHAT happened?!" she was obviously trying not to yell.

"It's just- The mark started burning like hell and I didn't know what to do-"

"Is it there??" You could hear the excitement in her voice as she anticipated what her best-friend would answer. It took Min-Seo a minute to understand what she was talking about, but when se did, she stared at her wrist which was covered by her other hand. Slowly, she started opening the hand that covered her wrist and held her breath at the same time without noticing.

"....I-It's- Not there.." 

"WHAT?? ARE YOU KIDD-"

"...."

"HA! GOTCHA' !!" Min-Seo couldn't hide her laugh and excitement anymore. "It's there alright!" She couldn't do anything but to smile. She was so glad she finally got her mark. She didn't even notice that the paint was still there as she examined her mark. It was, beautiful, in her option. She got lost in the colors and how swiftly they flowed together. Second by second, it came more visible on her wrist. She brushed her thumb over it just to make sure it was real.

"How does it look?" Ji-Yoon softly asked reminding Min-Seo that she was still on the phone with her.

"It's- Beautiful" 

"I'm glad you like it." It was silent for a moment.

"But we do have dance practise, you know, for tomorrow. Don't tell me you forgot." She said in a serious tone, sighing at the last words.

"Oooohh y-yeah, I d-didn't forget haha..." she automatically scratched her neck and looked at her feet.

"Urgh well get your stuff together, i'm coming in 20 to get you. Let's sort the birthday stuff on the way"

"Thanks. You're the best"

"I know" she smiled, and the other knew it. 

----

Taehyung and the others were practising their dancing as usual, even tough it was Saturday. They rarely got free time because had so much training to do. Taehyung was a little tired although it was almost 11am and it surely didn't help him dance. He envied Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook because they could dance almost perfectly. Especially Jungkook, since he was only 17. 

They were all very focused on their dancing, they were practising the dance for their debut song No More Dream. When it was Jin's part Taehyung felt a burning pain on his mark and gripped it with his other hand. Suddenly on one of Jimin's parts he stopped the dance and turned to Tae.

"Hey, what's wrong with your wrist?" he asked, truly worried, pointing to his wrist. Tae looked at Jimin then his wrist, he didn't notice he was squeesing it so hard his hand was turning a little white.

"How-"

"We have mirrors in front of us, remember?" He cut the other off, but before Taehyung could answer all of the boys were surrounding them already. They were asking questions at the same time so it was hard to hear clearly what they were saying.

"I just- My mark just hurt like hell" he explained nervously rubbing his neck, still looking at his hands.

"What? Lemme see!" Jungkook made his way next to Taehyung and gripped the hand that was covering his wrist, pulling it away.

"Oh, oohhh" He mumbled touching his chin as he lifted the hand closer to his face. Everyone's gaze was focused on Taehyung's mark. The mark was fading. He gulped in fear but couldn't lift his gaze off of his mark. They waited a few minutes and just when they were getting uninterested, the mark "came back" again, but this time the colors were fading, almost like melting together and moving in harmony. Usually they just faded from color to color, but this time they were flowing together, making a pretty rainbow-like pattern. He glanced at the other's marks and noticed they were all the same, they were all surprised. He never payed attention to others marks, so he never noticed how the colors moved.

"Congrats Tae, that means that your soulmate just turned 18" Jimin patted him on the back and smiled brightly while pointing at the mark.

"Now they can see your emotions too!" Hoseok yelled lifting his hands up.

"Yeah, I know" Tae smiled and looked at everyone.

"Now I just gotta find them" He said with a disapointed tone but still smiled. Jungkook suddenly lifted him from behind and carried him around the studio as the others either broke into laughter or cheered.

"C'mon hyung, be a little more positive!" Jungkook said, showing Tae his bunny smile.Lol hi

"I would if someone didn't carry me around the studio!" Tae said sarcastically and hit Jungkook playfully on the arm. After a while Jungkook became tired so he put his hyung on the ground and patted him on the head. The others got back to practising by themselves or just played on their phones. Taehyung had alot in his mind besides his mark and soulmate. He was thinking about the "Talent show" that would take place at the Seoul's School of Performing Art's, tomorrow. Because of that, he didn't have dance practise tomorrow, but still had to go to his English class. When he got to the dorms the first thing in his mind was deciding the outfit for tomorrow. He threw open the doors of his closet and started looking for some comfty but classy pants. When he was done he looked at the clothes he picked, they were some simple but chic black jeans, a white collared shirt with tiny black dots all over it and lastly a simple black bow. He wondered if those were too casual and so decided to ask one of his friends. He went strait to Jimin's room, but stopped because the door was locked. He knocked four times, like he usually did, but got no response. It was weird of him but Tae didn't want to bother him too much so he went to knock on Jungkook's door.

"Yeah come in,oh what's up hyung?" Jungkook stood up from his bed and invited Tae in his room. When Jungkook saw that Tae was carrying clothes he got interested why he needed his help.

"Do you need help with clothes?" Jungkook asked mockingly.

"Uhh actually, yeah.. I don't know if these are too casual for tomorrow.." He patted his hair and put the clothes on Jungkook's bed.

"I see.." Jungkook went through the clothes, hovering them over Taehyung here and there. "I think these are fine, but-" He quickly took something out of his closet. "This would go well with the shirt and it makes it look more festive." Jungkook lifted a black suit jacket in front of Taehyung. "Here, go put them on" He threw the clothes from his bed onto Tae's lap and pushed him in his bathroom. Taehyung nervously watched himself from the mirror and stepped out of the bathroom.

"Finally" Jungkook sighed but shut his mouth when he saw Taehyung. He walked to him to adjust the suit jacket and turned him around to see his reflection on the mirror.

"You look fresh as hell" Jungkook joked and patted Tae on his shoulder.

"It's not bad. Thanks. I'll return it tomorrow" Taehyung turned around smiling brightly and gave the other boy a quick hug and a pat on the back.

"No problem hyung" Jungkook smiled but soon after pushed Tae out of his room since it was getting late.

"Goodnight!" Taehyung managed to say before Jungkook closed the door. He went to his room and put the clothes neatly in his closet and finished his night routine. He laid in bed for a while since he wasn't tired. He persuaded himself to stay in bed since he didn't want to be tired. It took some time but after a while he finally drifted to sleep.

-----

Author's note:

Ahhh I'm so sorry it took me so long to update!! I wasn't feeling motivated to write anything but finally got some motivation to continue this. I hope you liked this chapter and please leave some feedback, I appreciate it! This is wayy longer than the first chapter but I hope it's an okay length! Tell me if you want longer or shorter chapters! I'm going on a vacation on the 20th so i'm probably not going to update this for awhile :(

Sorry for any potential grammar mistakes!

+Thanks to the subscribers!