Page Two

Remember Me

 

                Chaeyoung is sitting on the table laughing with her friends. She laughed on something someone joked about. She didn’t even bother paying attention to the joke but instead focused her attention on the crowd. She likes to draw the crowd’s attention best, even if it means completely faking everything. It’s where she’s good at anyways, faking it.

                She’s always craving for people’s attention because it’s something her parents can never give to her. She did everything to be a good daughter but she gave up a very long time ago.  She may never get her parents’ attention but at least the crowd loves her. In that way she can’t pity herself. Chaeyoung may like having the crowd’s attention best but there’s one particular person she’s been trying to get its attention but seems impossible to do so.

                “It’s really funny isn’t it?” Dahyun asked and then high fived the tall maknae, Tzuyu.

                Chaeyoung smiled while looking at her friends. She may be good at faking everything but she can never fake something when she’s with her friends. Dahyun and Tzuyu are one of the best things that ever happened to her life. The former became the unnie she never had while the latter is the savage closest friend she ever had. She’s really glad she have them both.

                When the small girl felt a pair of eyes gaze her she immediately look at its direction. She found her eyes, the person she hate the most in this world, Mina. Chaeyoung glared at her the same time the black swan gave her a glare too. She looked away and frowned. She doesn’t want to ruin her day.

                “Guys, c’mon it’s getting too crowded here. We better get going now,” Chaeyoung said.

                Dahyun and Tzuyu were quite taken aback by their friend’s sudden change of mood. There’s nothing really new to it though. They’ve been friends for so long now, they are all too familiar with each other. 

.   .   .

                Time flew faster than Mina thought. She was just talking with her best friend at lunch earlier and now she's on her way back home. She usually walk home with Sana but the latter texted her she needed to be home soon and so she was left alone walking the quiet road. Mina sighed. She hates being alone because it only makes her miss her family more.

                She was lost in her thoughts when suddenly Mina saw a familiar sight. She saw a child wearing a tiger onesie. She couldn't remember when and where she saw it but she knew, she saw that before. It's like she's in a trance, she couldn't get her eyes off him. The child then started running and the black swan chase after the child. But much to her dismay the child was faster than her and she lost sight of him. She didn't know where that child go. So she started looking for him everywhere. She needs to find that child. She didn't know why but she must.

                Mina ran. She looked from side to side, she looked everywhere. No, she couldn't lose him. Mina started to get panic. She ran and ran and ran. She only stopped to compose her breathing and bring it back to normal. She sighed. Why is she running for that child anyways? What would she get if she find him? She was about to give up when she saw something from her peripheral view. And there on her right, the child wearing the tiger onesie is on the other side of the street. The child's back is facing Mina so she couldn't see his face. Without even thinking, Mina raised her right hand and tried reaching the child. And then she took a step forward.

                Everything went fast. The next thing she know is that someone grabbed her hand and pushed her backwards. And that's when she lost sight of the child again. They both lose balance and Mina got dragged down. Her head slightly bumped on the cold cement and it must have been illusion when images flashed from her mind. Orange. Tiger. Child.

                "Hey, are you okay?!"

                Mina was taken aback when she heard a startled voice. She looked up and saw Chaeyoung offering her hand. She didn't even know she spaced out. Mina took the small girl's hand and stood up.

                "What happened?" she asked.

                "What do you mean what happened? What are you thinking?!" the small girl hissed. When she saw the confusion on the older girl's eyes she softened. "You were walking acrossing the street and a car was supposed to hit you. Lucky you, I was here and saved you."

                The confusion was still written all over the black swan's face, though she managed to at least talk. "Save me?"

                "Can you believe it? I can't believe it either," Chaeyoung shook her head. "I didn't know you were pretty stupid."

                She didn't know why but Chaeyoung is kind of angry when she said it. It was then when Mina finally came back from spacing out. "Ya, who even told you to save me??"

                "Is that your way of saying thank you?" the small girl retorted. 

                It was also then when Mina realized she was still holding Chaeyoung's hand. She immediately let go of her hand and blushed. She was humiliated. Of all people who could save her, it ended up her number one enemy and the no other than the small but terrible, Son Chaeyoung. Her life is really doomed.

                Mina sighed and uttered in her probably most quiet voice, "Thank you." 

                "What did you say? I couldn't even her you---"

                "I said thank you! Happy now??" Mina shouted. She really is humiliated and she didn't like it.

                Her eyes must have been playing with her but Mina thinks she just saw the small girl smile.

                "At least you know how to be grateful. Anyway I better get going now. I don't like seeing you in my nightmare." And with that Chaeyoung left.

                Mina didn't really understand that girl. She isn't that bad afterall. Maybe Sana is right, maybe Chaeyoung is really soft inside. But then she remembers the latter spilling her drinks on her books and putting all the trash in her locker or that one time when that terrible small girl humiliated her in front of her teacher. No, she's still bad after all.

                Mina thought about what just happened and a question crossed her mind, what hell is that small girl doing here when the accident happened? It must have slipped her mind since she's still quite shaken from the incident but who cares anyway they are not even close to begin with. Mina then gathered herself and she was about to leave when she felt she just stepped on something. She crouched and picked up the object. It's a ring. It looks like Chaeyoung's. She remembered the small girl wearing the exact same thing everyday at school. Well, it must be hers.

                She looked at the ring once more and saw the words engraved on the ring. Penguin.

 

         


 

A/N: Well, thoughts? :D Anyway, sorry for the late update I'm just getting kind of busy since shool starts next week *sighs*

Have you ever wondered why Chaeyoung hates Mina so much? Find out on the last chapter :)