37.0 - second gift

Rivals

A/n - Let's take a break from all the angst and enjoy the fluffff! 

"Okay boys. That's enough for today. You guys worked hard." The coach says after he blew his whistle signalling the end of their practice for the day. The players sit down in exhaustion from the intense practice. 

"We won't have practice anymore until next week. So everyone take this chance to concentrate on your studies and do well in exam. That's all from me. You all may dismiss now." The players thank the coach and they all make their way to the locker room to bath and change. 

Seungcheol, Mingyu, Soonyoung and Seokmin are the last one to come out from the gym. By the time they came out, Vernon and Jun already showered and changed into clean clothes. The two bid good bye to their friends as they rush to their date. 

The four of them shower and almost leave the school when Soonyoung suddenly says that he saw Wonwoo. The other three didn't believe him because, what would Wonwoo be doing at school on Saturday but Soonyoung insists that he saw Wonwoo and run to find him. Seungcheol facepalm and follow Soonyoung. Mingyu was about to walk away when Seokmin grab his shirt and drag him to find Seungcheol and Soonyoung. 

Turned out, Soonyoung wasn't hallucinating. It was really Wonwoo. The latter and Jeonghan came to school because there's delivery of new books for the school library. So Jeonghan has be the one to take it  while Wonwoo accompany him. 

Since Jeonghan finished his work, Seungcheol takes him to his house so that they can immediately starts their tutoring session. He missed a few of morning classes and thank god Jeonghan brought all the notes together. The two go back together and that left Seokmin, Soonyoung, Wonwoo and Mingyu. Seokmin and Soonyoung already planned to go to the mall because there's a newly opened arcade. The two of them hurriedly leave because they can feel the tension and awkwardness radiating from Mingyu and Wonwoo. 

Mingyu rolls his eyes and walk away without saying anything. Wonwoo immediately follow him like a lost puppy. Mingyu was getting annoyed as each second passed and stop abruptly. Wonwoo did not look in front while walking. Instead he was looking at the pavement and stepping on the diamond design. He avoids stepping on the line as his brain is imagining the line has larva flowing in it so of course he bumps on Mingyu's back when the latter suddenly stop. 

He looks up to find that the younger is glaring at him. Wonwoo holds eye contact with the younger. Two secinds passed and Mingyu gorans. 

"Go away." Mingyu says coldly, hoping that Wonwoo will disappear or at least walk away. Naturally, the latter shakes hs head as he stay still in front of the younger.

"Go home or something."

"What about you? Where are you going?" 

"My house. Now go away." 

"But our houses are on the same direction. And this road certainly doesn't lead to our houses." Wonwoo replies innocently.

"I don't have to tell you where I'm going. So stop following me."

"But there's no one at home. I'm bored. I don't want to go home. Can I follow you?" Wonwoo asks cutely. 

"No." Mingyu rejects him harshly and continue walking. But that's not enough to upset Wonwoo. The latter follows him until they reached an unfamiliar neighbourhood. Wonwoo gets closer to Mingyu as he is not used to his surrounding. He walks beside the younger instead of behind him. Mingyu just glance at the shorter guy from the corner of his eyes before focusing on the road again. 

Five minutes later, both of them found themselves standing in front of an abandoned building. The exterior of the building is covered with moulds and certain spots are either cracked or have holes. It naturally gives out the creepy and dark aura and the surrounding isn't helping too. It is too quiet and Wonwoo swears he can hear his fast heartbeat.

"Mingyu, what are we doing here." He asks but Mingyu could hear that his voice quivers a bit. The latter smirks.

"What do you think?" Mingyu asks as he look at Wonwoo.

"I-I don't know. I'm scared." Wonwoo says. The truth is Wonwoo is just a scaredy cat. He might gives out dark aura and show his cold face but inside he's all about warmth and cute fluffy cats. 

Mingyu suddenly leans closer to him and hold him by his waist. His body is being pulled towards the younger and pretty much pressed againts him. His face is nuzzled in Mingyu's neck and the latter whispers to him.

"Do you remember that you embarrassed me before? So baby, I might wanna have my revenge on you now." 

Wonwoo's face turned pale. He embarrassed the younger a lot before but it can't be that Mingyu still hates him. Wonwoo trmebles in Mingyu's hug.

"Gyu, stop joking please. Let's go back. Please." Wonwoo says but his voice portrays how scared he is. Mingyu struggles to hold his laugh but nevertheless still keep his straight face on.

"Why so fast. We just arrived. Let's go inside first." Mingyu says with his low voice and drag the scared boy inside. He opens the door which make a very awful cracking noise and close it, not allowing any other lights to enter the space. 

"Mingyu what are you doing? Switch on the lights." Wonwoo yells. 

"I like dark better."

"Stop playing around. I hate darkness." Wonwoo says as a tear escaped from his eyes. Mingyu didn't notice as the condition is really dark. He continues to tease the older.

Mingyu traps Wonwoo againts the door, nuzzling againts Wonwoo's neck and tickling the latter with his hot breath. Wonwoo places his hands on Mingyu's chest and try to push the taller away but his strength is no match to Mingyu's. 

Mingyu's hand linger on Wonwoo's shoulder for a while before travelling to Wonwoo's neck. 

"If I don something to you here... no one would know. What do you think?" Mingyu whispers huskily. Wonwoo literally cry and yell at Mingyu.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry. Mingyu please i don't want to die now. Don't kill me or torture me here. I want to graduate and go to college. And I refuse to believe that I walked to my death. Mingyu I'm sorry." Wonwoo screams while crying. He hugs Mingyu tightly as his sobs muffled in Mingyu's shirt. The latter was caught off guard when he hears Wonwoo crying. Mingyu immediately reach for the switch and turn it on while Wonwoo still clutch onto him like a koala.

"Hey don't cry. I just wanna tease you just now. Won stop crying. I'm not kill you god I'm just kidding just now." Mingyu says as he pull Wonwoo away from him and wipe the latter's wet face. 

"It's not funny! I hate you." Wonwoo says as he push Mingyu away and hide his red face from Mingyu. He tries to run outside but Mingyu is faster than him. The younger back hug him to prevent him from leaving. He also hold his hands and rubs them gently to calm him down. 

"I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean to make you cry. See, it's just a court." Mingyu says softly as he shows Wonwoo the basketball court in front of them.

Wonwoo relaxes and Mingyu let him go. He leads Wonwoo to an old looking bench but still good enough to support their weights. They put their bags aside and sit on it.

"What is this place?" Wonwoo asks.

"A sport centre. Or at least, used to be."

"Then why is it abandoned?" 

"A new one was built not far from here."

"So why did you come here?" Wonwoo asks. Mingyu looks at him and smile sadly. 

"This... is the place where my grandpa always bring me to play basketball. Last time, this place was always full of high school students. They came here to play. I was six that time. My parents always busy with their works so my grandparents took care of me. I was in awe. I felt that they all were really cool. So I asked my grandpa to teach me how to play. He installed the loop at our house so I always practiced with him. Every weekend, he will bring me here. So this is pretty much the place that made me fell in love with basketball." 

Wonwoo looks at him. The way Mingyu talks with makes him feel happy because of the cute memorie but sad too. Something in his voice tells him that things became bad. \

"Where is he?" Wonwoo asks carefully. Mingyu looks at him with blank face.

"He died. On my competition day. He was driving at the time. My grandma and grandpa was so happy that I am the star player. They were so proud of me. They wanted to see me compete and win. I waited for them. Even after I was holding the gold trophy. I searched for them. Called them. Until someone answered saying that my my grandparents are critical. A drunk driver hit their car. I went to the hospital but... my grandma passed away. Only left my grandpa. He congratulated me. He said he's proud of me. My grandma too. He wants me to keep playing basketball. He wants me to make my name well known. He said he wanted me to give credit of being my coach if I become popular." Mingyu chuckles at the end as he stares at the stares at the court in front of him. His face is neutral. Not a single tears nor his eyes are wet. Instead, his face portrays that he is satisfied. 

"I might not become popular worldwide. But I like my life now. All thanks to them." Mingyu continues as he finally look at Wonwoo but again he is caught of guard. Mingyu panics when he sees Wonwoo crying again.

"Are you scared again? Wonwoo don't cry." Mingyu says as he hugs Wonwoo again.

"N-no. I'm sad. How can you not cry!" Wonwoo mumbles. 

Mingyu helps Wonwoo to dry out his tears before going to practice. He uses the ball tha he brought and practice shooting from every angle. Wonwoo stays at the bench as he watch Mingyu practice. 

"Gyu?"

"Yeah why?" 

"You know you're not that pro." Wonwoo says and Mingyu stop abruptly. 

"What do you mean?" Mingyu asks. Wonwoo smirks and make his way to Mingyu that is standing in the middle of the court.

"Did you forgot? You.. *he jabs Mingyu's chest with his finger*.. the star player, actually lost to me last time." Wonwoo says as he takes the ball from Mingyu and smirks. 

"Oh please. I was careless at that time. Do you... *Mingyu jabs his finger on Wonwoo's forehead*.. think you can really beat me?" Mingyu asks as he grab the ball back. 

"Is that a challenge Kim Mingyu?" 

"You think?" 

"You made the wrong decision kid."

"Three shots. Loser pays for food later?"

"Cheeseburger?"

"Anything." 

"Bring it on." Wonwoo says and both of them immediately get serious.

*Five minutes later*

"Yah Kim Mingyu you cheated!" Wonwoo yells as he sits on the court, panting hard. Mingyu broke down laughing looking at his state.

"Seriously Won, I got four shots in five minutes. But honestly, I think I can get one every second. I just wanna bully you." Mingyu jokes as he too sits beside the tired Wonwoo.

"Oh yeah? Let's do it again. I will win no matter what." Wonwoo says as he grabs the ball and try again. 

And that's how Jeon Wonwoo ended up sleeping on the floor ten minutes after that and Kim Mingyu laughing like there's no tomorrow. 

'Fine. I'll let it pass today.' Mingyu thought to himself with a smile plastered on his face and eyes fixed on the cute black-haired boy.


A/n notes

*clears throat* HEYYY GUYSSSSS!!! IDK WHAT U GUYS THINK IM DOING RIGHT NOW BUT I DONT KNOW EITHER. I WANTED TO DISCONTINUE THIS FIC BUT I CANNOT. And I actually re-read the whole fic and honestly guys, I have no idea what was I thinking or any of my plans so I'm just going to go with the flow. I'm in my fluffy mode bcs I kinda did well in exam so moreeeee fluffff is comingggg to town!! 

I sound like a drunk person I know.