Wanna go for a ride?

Wanna go for a ride?

Jung Hoseok.

 

Everyone knows his name. He’s a sick rapper and dancer who is making his mark in the underground scene. He is talented, hilarious, and drop dead gorgeous. He just finished an epic rap battle, completely destroying his opponent before jumping off the stage into the waiting crowd. I smiled at him as he approached the bar. I slid his beer over to him. “Awesome performance. As usual.” I said with a smirk. I pretended not to see the people waving trying to get my attention to serve them. It’s not often I get to talk to Hoseok, so I need to grab the chance while I have it.

 

He grinned at me, swigging from his bottle. “Thanks.” He said as he wiped away the sweat that had started beading on his forehead. “How’s the new bike?” I asked, remembering hearing through the grapevine that he had recently purchased a motorbike. Just another thing to add to the list of things that made Hoseok cool as . He leant on the bar, his smirk still in place. “How about I show you after your shift ends?”

 

. I grinned back. “I finish in an hour.” I said back smoothly. He gave me a grin before turning to talk to his friend Yoongi. I hurried off to serve the massive queue of people that had formed while I had been talking to Hoseok. How the hell did I end up agreeing to go for a ride on his motorbike? I’m flipping terrified of them! I mean, yeah, they look cool, and they definitely make a guy like three times hotter but actually riding one? Wasn’t my plan.

 

I half expected Hoseok to have forgotten about our arrangement but exactly an hour later he came back up to the bar and waved me over. “I’m parked out front.” He said before giving me a wicked grin and disappearing into the crowd.  . . . I took my time collecting my things. Giving myself a pep talk in the mirror. You got this. This is your chance to talk with Jung Hoseok… if you don’t die on the way.

 

I slammed my locker shut and made my way out front. I paused when I saw him straddling the massive motorbike. I hadn’t expected it to be so… big. I schooled my features, wanting to appear cool, not terrified. “Hey.” I called and he grinned as soon as he saw me. “Hey, I thought you'd changed your mind.” He said with a chuckle. He handed me an extra helmet, “Ever ridden a motorbike before?” he asked as I fumbled with the buckle of the helmet. “No.” I said.

 

He chuckled and helped me adjust the buckle of the helmet. He patted the seat behind him, “Hop on.” I thanked myself for deciding to wear jeans instead of a skirt today as I swung my leg over the bike. The positioning of the seats meant that I was pressed against Hoseok's back. I gingerly gripped the supple leather of his jacket and I heard him chuckle. He grabbed my hands and wrapped them around his waist, “You better hold on princess.” He said as the bike lurched forward.

 

I tightened my grip around his waist, my legs pressing against his thighs as my gasp of shock was carried away by the wind as we sped down the street at a speed I am certain was way above the speed limit. He handled the bike like a pro, or so I discovered once I finally dared open my eyes. It was actually kind of fun watching the dark night speed by us. Before I knew it, I was actually laughing from the exhilaration. I felt rather than heard Hoseok laugh along with me.

 

He finally stopped by the Han river, turning the engine off and pulling off his helmet. I slipped off the bike and took off my helmet, shaking out my hair. “That was amazing!” I said, my body full of adrenaline. He chuckled at me and got off the bike. “Here.” He said as he took my helmet and rested it on the bike. He looked at me and chuckled. He reached up and fixed my hair, which no doubt looked awful after being squished by the helmet. “There.” He said with a smile. I couldn’t help but grin back at him.

 

“Where is this place?” I asked as I looked out at the lights reflecting over the river. He moved down the embankment a little before lying out on the grass. I stepped down beside him, opting to sit instead of lie. “I like to come out here every now and again, especially at this time of night when it’s so quiet. It’s a nice place to think.” I was surprised by his answer; this is a side of Hoseok that I've never seen before. And I get the feeling that not many people have had the chance to get to see this side of him as well.

 

He looked up at me with a smile. “Not the answer you were expecting?” he asked as he sat up. “Not really.” I admitted. “But it was a good answer.” I said with a smile. We sat in comfortable silence for a while, both lost in our own thoughts as we watched the reflections in the dark water in front of us.

 

Eventually he stretched and stood up, offering me his hand. “So, up for another ride?” he asked. I nodded enthusiastically. We walked back up to his bike and he helped me put on my helmet again. “Good to see you not looking terrified this time.” he said as he put on his own helmet. I felt a blush stain my cheeks. “Was I that obvious?” I asked as he swung his leg over the bike. “Kinda.” He said with a grin. “When I offered you a ride the first time you went completely white.”

 

I quickly jumped on the back of the bike so that he couldn’t see my red face. He grabbed my hands, wrapping them firmly around his waist again. “I’m glad you agreed even though you were scared.” He said as he gunned the engine and sped off into the night once again.