Shhh! part 3

Mamamoo antics

“Unnie! We’re home!” Wheein shouted as she and Hwasa kicked off their shoes. The two of them had just gotten home after an exhausting day of spying. To reward themselves, they decided to stop by a convenience store beforehand and gotten some ice cream and candy.  

 

“Mmm! Delicious!” Wheein chimed as she bit into the chocolate fudge cone.

“Mhm! We totally deserve this after a hard day.” Hwasa nodded in agreement, the melted vanilla off her fingers

“We’re such good spies.”

“We should work for the CIA”

“Totally. They would be so lucky to have us.”

“I’m expecting a call from them soon.”

Wheein pulled out her phone and pretended to dial.

“Ring, ring, Oh hello? Is this Ahn Hyejin?” she joked into the phone

Hwasa quickly reacted by pulling out her phone and pretended to take the call.

“Mm, yes this is she. New phone, who dis?”she answered, playing along.

“Ahh, Hyejin-shi, this is Agent...erhm,” Wheein looked at her ice cream, “...Cone… Agent Cone with the CIA calling.”

“Ohh, the CIA?”

“Yes, We’re calling because saw your skills and we want you and your friend to work for us?”

“Us? Lil ole us?”

“Yes,you two have much talent; we would be lucky to have you both”

“Oh, pshhh, you’re too kind, Agent cone.”

“We were impressed with your undercover skills, especially your friend, Wheein.  Actually, could you pass the phone to her? We changed our minds, we don’t want you anymore, we just want her instead; she’s much better than you.

“Yah!” Hwasa exclaimed as she slapped the laughing girl, feigning anger. However, the  older girl’s laughter was instantly silenced when her cell phone starting ringing.

 

“Oh , it can’t actually be them, right?” Wheein asked nervously staring at the phone; the ringing didn’t seem to cease.

“Idunno, pick up and find out.” Hwasa shrugged, leaning in towards the girl, trying to listening

“Hello?” Wheein answered shakily, “yes, this is her.”

Her eyes darted to Hwasa before she suddenly covering the mouthpiece. Wheein turned to Hwasa and with a straight face, she exclaimed:

“It’s the CIA!”

“Eyyy! Yeah right!” unconvinced, Hwasa dissuaded the girl, pushing her slightly. But Wheein’s emotionless face was telling her otherwise.

“Wait, are you serious?!” Hwasa asked, reaching over to grab the phone intending to to check for herself. But, just then Wheein bursted out with “No, it’s just Byul unnie! Ahaha!” and turned away.  

Hwasa huffed and crossed her arms as the other girl laughed at her own joke and finished talking on the phone.

“Well, what did unnie say?” she asked when the call was done.

“She said to come home soon,” the brunette replied, putting her phone away

“Mm, we should get going then.” Hwasa said before finishing her ice cream

--

The moment the two young girls walked through the front door,  the smell of chinese food wafted up their nostrils.

“Unnie!” Wheein called out once more. Moonbyul must’ve ordered take out while the two girls were out. When they still didn’t hear a response, Hwasa yelled “Yah, Moonbyul Yi!”

 

“What?! What did you call me?” a voice shouted from the kitchen.

 

The two young girls walked through the living room and into the kitchen. There they saw Moonbyul reaching for plates on the top cabinet. Wheein walked over and patted the older girl’s before she sat down at the table.

 

“Sup, unnie,” Hwasa said cooly, also taking a seat at the table.

 

“Sup Hwasabi, hey Wheeinie,” Moonbyul greeted as she turned around and placed the plates down on the counter, “Back so late, did you guys buy the snacks?”

 

Wheein and Hwasa both looked at each other in confusion.

“Snacks?” Wheein mouthed

“Idunno?” Hwasa shrugged

 

“Don’t tell me you guys didn’t get more snacks!” Moonbyul wailed when she saw the two confused girls.

 

“Don’t we have snacks?” Wheein questioned, her eyebrows cocked and head tilted

 

“No. You two ate them all, remember?” Moonbyul reminded them

 

Wheein and Hwasa both furrowed their eyebrows as they tried to recall.

 

“One more bag,” Wheein said, holding up a finger

“Yah, one more bag won’t hurt us,” Hwasa agreed, reaching for another bag of cookies. She quickly opened it and the two of them ravished it clean within minutes.

“Another bag won’t hurt either,” Wheein stated, digging to the box for another bag of cookies

“Yah, it’s only 100 calories more,” Hwasa nodded, picking up another cookie. They also devoured that bag of cookies within minutes. This went on for a while until they  finished the entire box of low calorie cookies. The floor and couch was littered with empty cookie bags.

“We should really stop.” Hwasa suggested, staring at the mess.

“Yeah, we’re eating too much calories,” Wheein agreed, patting her stomach.

“But I mean…,”Hwasa said with a gleam in her eye; she sat up straight and turned to her friend, “since we’re sharing, technically, we’re only gaining 50 calories each and so that means….”

“... We’re technically not gaining THAT much calories, which means...” Wheein finished the thought; her face lit up as she caught on. The two young girls looked at each other and simultaneously both shouted,

“I’ll get the ice cream!”

“I’ll get the chips!”

 

“Nope, I don’t remember that happening,” Wheein shamelessly said, leaning back

“Me either, I don’t recall,” Hwasa reiterated, crossing her arms

Wheein pulled out the packet of gummy worms from earlier and stuck it out,

“Snack?” she asked in a baby voice; doing aegyo to soothe her unnie’s anger.

 

Moonbyul let out a deep sigh and picked up the plates again. She walked over to the table and placed them down in front of the two young girls.  

“Nevermind, just help me set up.”

-----

 

“Hey! That was mine!” Wheein exclaimed, her chopsticks pointing at Hwasa

“Gotta be quicker,” the younger girl nonchalantly said as she  shoved a piece of sweet and sour pork into

Wheein reached for another piece but like before, it was stolen again,

“Unnie!” She whined

“Oops, too slow,” Moonbyul tease as she placed the pork in

“Ahh, really! You guys ,” Wheein pouted, stabbing her rice  as the other two laughed at her expense. .

So,” Moonbyul began, “If you guys didn’t go grocery shopping today, then where did you go?”

“Oh, uh…” Wheein looked up and shifted nervously in her seat. She looked at Hwasa. “We, uh….”

“Went to the park,” Hwasa answered calmly,  picking up a piece of chicken, “and had some Patbingsoo.”

“Yeah, we did that.” Wheein nodded. At least they weren’t lying.

“Oh? Where?” Moonbyul questioned

“At Park’s” Hwasa replied

“Isn’t that place known for their hearty soups though?”

“Yup, doesn’t mean they don’t serve Patbingsoo”

‘I know but why would you just order Patbingsoo at a place like that?”

“Because-”

“Because we like it there!” Wheein blurted out, ignoring the glance that Hwasa shot her. “It’s uh, very nice and, warm, and kind, and comfortable,” she explained; her voice tinged of glee.

“Yeah, you’d like it too, unnie,” Hwasa added, knowing well that Wheein wasn’t talking about the restaurant.

“Okay, i’ll go next weekend and check it out,” Moonbyul stated, oblivious to the secret exchanges

“Oh no don’t, you can’t go next weekend,” Wheein quickly said

“Why?” Moonbyul asked in confusion, mouth full with rice

“Cause you’re going to see the angelic girl next weekend, no?” Hwasa questioned, picking up some drumsticks

“At the pizza parlor?”

“Yeah”

“Well...no, I decided I shouldn’t go there anymore”

“What? Why not?!” Wheein exclaimed, slamming her chopstick on the table top which effectively startled the other two. Hwasa gave her a look like “Chill girl!”  

“Uh... because we scared her away?” Moonbyul answered as she stared at the brunette questionably. What was with her today?

“You don’t know that for sure, unnie. Maybe she secretly also noticed you and actually wants to know you and maybe, just maybe she’ll show up on saturday just to see you as well,” Wheein quickly theorized, discreetly giving out what she knew.

 

Moonbyul thought about it for a few seconds but ultimately thought that kind of stuff only happens in stories.

“Nahhh, I doubt it. I mean, what are the chances of that even happening?”  Moonbyul replied, leaning back on her chair.

 

“Higher than you know,” Hwasa snickered as she grabbed another piece of pork; but she dropped it and quietly winced when she felt a discrete kick from Wheein. She lightly kicked the girl back but the brunette just ignored it.

 

“Anyways, unnie, I think you should go to the parlor on saturday.” Wheein continued, poking her food. “She just might be there.”

 

“Hmm..Okay, I’ll go one more time,” Moonbyul declared before turning to Hwasa, “ready for some more pizza, Hyejin-ah?”

 

“You bet,” Hwasa responded with a wide grin, cheeks stuffed with food

---

 

“Are you there yet?” Wheein asked, clutching the phone to her ears.

“I’m almost there,” Moonbyul’s voice answered

“Walk faster,” Wheein urged, looking out the window, scanning the busy street

“What’s the rush?”

“She might not be there if you are late,”

“Wheein, I’ll be there on time”

“Ask her how far away she is,” Hwasa whispered to Wheein as she bit into a blueberry muffin

“How far away are you?” Wheein asked, relying the question to Moonbyul

“I’m right outside.’

“Yeah, right.”

“I am.”

“You’re lying.”

“How would you know?”

“6th sense,” Wheein responded as she stared out again at the parlor across the street, “Wheein sense.”

 

It was saturday which mean it’s been a week since the girls last visited the pizza parlor. Which meant it was also the day Moonbyul said she would ask for the angelic girl’s number. But knowing their unnie, Wheein and Hwasa didn’t believe her words. That’s why they took the liberty of tagging along incase she needed help; except they did so with her knowledge.

 

“Are you there yet?” Wheein repeated anxiously

“Wheein...”

“Just answer me, unnie,” the girl asked with a sense of urgency. She heard a sigh over the phone before she got an answer.

“Yes, I’m really here now.”

“You’re lyi-” Wheein stopped when she saw a tall, slender blonde turn the corner across the street.

“Erhm, I mean, okay good. Enjoy your date!” she chirped.

It’s a not a date. She doesn’t even know me.”

“She will. Okay, anyways, let me know how it goes, kay? Oh! And make sure to sit by the window facing the door. ”

Why?”

Uh, so you can see when she’s coming,”

Okay….”

“Okay, have fun, call me if you need anything! Bye!”

“Bwye!” Hwasa leaned over and shouted into the phone; full of muffin.  

“Alright, I will, bye~”

 

The phone clicks and Wheein puts it away in her purse. She then pulls out a small pair of glasses and looks into it, aiming her focus on the unsuspecting blonde girl.

 

“Really? Binoculars?” Hwasa asked; staring at her friend in disbelief

“Required spy gear,” Wheein replied without looking away. She watched Moonbyul walk into the parlor and sit down by the window just as Wheein had advised. The blonde girl pulled out her phone and idly played on it.

 

“Byul unnie looks nice today,” Wheein commented, “do you think that will be enough?”

She felt her friend stare at her in confusion, almost as if to say “Enough for what?”

“Enough to get the girl,” she clarified

“Are you implying that she’s going to make a fool out of herself with words?” Hwasa questioned

“Yes,”

“She won’t”

“She might,”

“She’s fine”

“Wanna bet?” Wheein deviously smiled

“How much?” Hwasa asked without missing a beat

“Instead of money, how about…” Wheein turned and laughed out loud before finishing with, “you do aeygo, the REAL cute aeygo, not fatal aeygo, for a WHOLE week whenever I ask if I win; no questions asked.”

 

Wheein smiled triumphantly. She knew her friend hated cutesy crap and even more so when someone asked her to be cute. She expected Hwasa to cringe and reject the offer but instead, the latter remained emotionless. Suddenly, a glint sparkled in the young girl’s eyes and before Wheein could react, Hwasa grabbed her by the collar and pulled her in close. Their faces were only a few centimeters apart. Wheein felt a knot in ; she gulped unwillingly with dread, as she waited for the other girl’s response. But the girl only continued to stare at her. Just as Wheein was about to open , Hwasa leaned in by her ear and whispered,

 

“And if I win…you’ll have to listen and do whatever I command you to do; no questions asked.”

 

Wheein let out the breath that she didn’t know she had held.

“F...For how l-long?”

 

“For a whole week,” the girl replied patting her cheeks before leaning back.

Now it was Hwasa’s turn to smile triumphantly. Wheein gritted her teeth when she saw the smirk. She knew her friend was strong but….Yaja time for a whole week? It was already bad enough that Hwasa didn’t really respect her as an unnie, but now, a whole week where Wheein has to listen to her?  Wheein bit her lips as she thought about  her demise.

 

“Well?” Hwasa asked, interrupting her thoughts, “How about it? Or are you too chicken?”

 

The emphasis on the chicken made Wheein scoff. Her friend was testing her, challenging her even. Unfortunately for her friend, Wheein wasn’t one to throw a bet, especially when the reward involved absolute power over the other.

 

“Deal,” Wheein said firmly. The two of them shook hands and went back to their business; Hwasa returned to her food while Wheein turned back to her binoculars.

 

5 minutes passed but the girl was nowhere to be seen.

“Where is she...” Wheein muttered, wondering outloud. Her eyes were still glued to the binoculars.

“Maybe unnie was right, maybe we did scare her away,” Hwasa suggested, dropping some peanuts into

“No, don’t say that,” Wheein pouted, turning to the younger girl

“I mean, she...” Hwasa began

“She said she would go back to the parlor on saturday, and today’s saturday,” Wheein cut her off, looking into her binoculars again.

“She’ll be here…”

“Tch,” Hwasa clicked, going back to her peanuts.

 

Eventually, 10 more minutes passed and the girl still hasn’t showed up. Wheein was getting impatient.

“Geez, seriously where is she…”

She noticed that Moonbyul was also getting tired of waiting and it looked like she was about to leave.

“No, no, she can’t give up yet…” Wheein muttered, digging into her purse for her phone. She quickly dialed Moonbyul’s number and waited for the other line.

 

“What’s up, Wheein?”

“Uh, just checking up on you. How’s it going?”

“I don’t think she’s coming. I’m just gonna order the pizza for Hwasa and leave.”

“What? No, unnie, you can’t do that.”

“Why not? She’s obviously not coming.”

“But what if she does show up?”

“Then, she would’ve been here by now..”

“She could be running late.”

“She’s never late.”

“Yeah, but maybe she’s-Oh! Oh! She’s coming!” Wheein excitedly turned and repeatedly slapped the unsuspecting Hwasa on the arm, prompting the latter to cough and choke on her food.

“Unnie, quick, sit back down!”

 

“What?”

Wheein saw the confusion on Moonbyul’s face and so she repeated

“She’s coming! She’s walking down the street.”

Wha-Wheein, are you spying?”

“She’s like 15ft away, unnie, sit back down!”

“Where are you?”

“10ft.”

“Wheein..”

5ft!”

“How are you doing this?!”

“She’s walking in. Okay bye!”  Wheein didn’t wait for a response and hung up. She watched as Moonbyul sat back down as the angelic girl opened the parlor door. .

---

 

Jingle jingle

The bells of the door rung out and in walked the girl wearing a light spring one piece romper. She looked just as pretty as the previous times and Moonbyul couldn’t help but stare. She snapped out of it when she saw the girl suddenly turned and made eye contact with her. She quickly looked away and grabbed a menu.  


 

Okay, calm down

Moonbyul inhaled

Be normal

She exhaled as she lightly tapped her fist against her rapidly beating heart. The girl was standing up front ordering something.

Just be cool. You can do this

She started to get up but then sat back down when the girl glanced at her again.

No, no, no, can’t do this…

Suddenly her phone vibrated and a group text came through

 

Jung Whee-run: Unnie, go talk to her!

 

Moonbyul sighed. She had momentarily forgotten about those two rugrats. She picked up her phone and texted back

 

Moonstar: I can't

Jung Whee-run: Why not?

Moonstar: Because I’m scared

Ahnyonce: Now or later, unnie

Moonstar: Later

Jung Whee-run: She’ll be gone later

Ahnyonce: Unnie, strap on a pair and just do it

Moonstar: You’re words are so encouraging, Hyejin. Publish a self help book  

Ahnyonce: I am. It’ll be on shelves by the end of the year. Look out for it

Moonstar: I will. Okay, I’m gonna do it. Tell you guys about it later

 

She silenced her phone to avoid anymore disturbances before getting up from her seat and walked up to the front. She stepped lightly as to not bring attention to herself. She felt her hands clammy so she quickly looked down at them and wiped it on her jacket. However, when she did, she felt her feet lagg and she clumsily tripped and bumped into the angelic girl before her.

 

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Moonbyul quickly apologized, catching herself

 

She saw the girl wince when she stepped closer. Feeling bad, Moonbyul was about to apologize again but then the girl just playfully smiled and said,

 

“Just kidding, I’m fine,” she assured, letting out a small laugh.

“Hi, I’m Kim Yongsun,” the girl sweetly added, sticking out her hand.

Moonbyul laughed too at the girl’s playfulness and took the hand.

“Nice to meet you, I’m MoonByul Yi.”

Their handshake lasted a second too long, and when Moonbyul realized this, she quickly retracted before she reached out and touched the girl’s shoulder, the place where Moonbyul bumped into her.

“Did it hurt….” she began; a worried expression pasted on her face.

 

Yongsun saw the uneasiness on the blonde’s face and opened to reassure her but stopped when she saw a smile suddenly spread across Moonbyul face as the girl finished with,  

 

“When you fell from heaven?”

 

 


 



Done~  Aw, I was kinda growing attached to the characters, especially Wheesa. They were fun to write. Slightly sad to end it. Maybe I should continue with the characters but like place them in everyday life scenarios, just doing random stuff. Or just new story completely and new character personalities? Idunno, what do you guys think?