Meeting

Mr. Tan

Vancouver was too bright—and warmer—for usual spring weather and maybe this was the reason why there were many people hanging outside this moment. And Kris was one of those Vancouver’s citizen who was outside right now, well he was not purposely hang out since he was back from his shop and just happen to visit one of his friend in Chinatown.

His name is Tan Xiao Fei, but people would love to call him Kris Tan or mostly simply Kris. He was Chinese yet he did not live in Chinatown—though he would visit every now and then to meet hi his friend, maybe? He is best known as young and handsome the biggest car shop in Vancouver.

What car do you want? Porche? Ferarri? Mustang? Lamborghini? Audi? Name it, and Kris will shove you the best and brand new car as long as your wallet allow you to. Not only that, if you need to modify your car into anything, then Kris shop was the best choice. If any of you familiar with Pimp my Ride? That was how Kris’ shop would do to your car—well maybe they only modify decent car and not that as trash as those cars in Pimp my Ride. All in all, besides providing brand new car, Kris’ shop also provide customer any kind of car modify, just how much the bucks you have in your wallet!

So who was this Kris guy actually? His background was vague, as long as people knew; he lived all by himself in an elite residential in outskirt Vancouver. And to tell you, he was one of the dream boys for every girl, who did not want to have handsome and rich boyfriend?

Back to the Chinatown where Kris was currently walking alone. People were walking to and fro; children were playing with their mate at the park. Especially for Kris, park and children always give him a warm feeling, the feeling of longing a family.

Sigh              

Wait for me Ma, I’ll find you and Meimei.

‘Sir,’

Kris whipped his head upon hearing someone’s call, there a girl who sat on the pavement floor that covered by a piece of news paper and school card ID lied in front of her. He looked around him and found none.

‘Are you talking to me?’ Kris asked.

The girl nodded and looked at him with her rounded and pleaded eyes. Her cheeks were reddish and visible air clearly seen as she exhaled and inhaled the air. She was cold. Kris inwardly sighed, she was a Chinese... and suddenly a thought that his sister was also somewhere and he did not know how was her life right now. Kris smiled as he took some cash for his wallet and handed over to the girl and he took off his scarf and gave it to her.

‘Thank you. Your address Sir,’ she said.

‘Huh?’

‘I need your address so I can return the money.’ She explained.

***

The residential area in which Kris Wu parked his car at the side of the road was quite empty; seemingly he was the one in here. He made a quick check into his postal box and took everything from there before opened his front door and walked straight to the kitchen. He carelessly threw the envelopes in his hand on to the kitchen counter, opened fridge’s door, took a bottle of water and kicked it closed.

Hmmm..... there’s nothing important. All of them were bills this and that, random advertisements, and... a brown envelopes? Kris put down his water bottle and reached out the said envelopes. It’s looks like....

‘What the !’ Kris widened his eyes and quickly scanned the sender name.

Luhan.

In his hand now there a copy of Playboy and HMV magazine latest edition. It was unlike he did not have any copy of those magazines or any of adult content magazine or book it just...

‘The did you mailed me those damn magazines! Didn’t you know that I was expecting my Mum this weekend?’

Luhan merrily laughed on the other line, of course he knew about Kris’ mother expected arrival, and he did on purpose of course.

‘It sad that you find it instead, I was expecting Ayi and she curiously opens the package and wonders how her reaction is.’

‘ you!’ Kris yelled and his voice echoed in his spacious kitchen without bother to wait Luhan’s reply he hung up the phone.

Kris groaned and took the magazines upstairs with him. That deer boy needed some lesson apparently.

***

Meanwhile on the other side of world, specifically at one corner of old Beijing district, there a group of people were having their drink at one old-fashioned bar. The one and only bar with the loudest laugh whenever all of them gathered together.

‘Did you remember Kris Tan?’ asked Bobby out of the blue—the bartender to the group of people across the bar counter.

‘Kris Tan?’ the buffy man, Scrapper, asked.

‘Xiao Fei,’

‘Ah that brat,’ the other commented.

‘He isn’t that brat anymore though,’ said Bobby.

‘Are you being serious? What’s he’s doing anyway after you know; his father send him to Canada?’ Auntie Chatterbox asked.

‘He’s good guy now, I think. And actually, I never count him as bad guy from the beginning though, he’s just have.... the power?’ Bobby shrugged.

‘Haha.... what is it Bobby?’ Scrapper asked. ‘Did you forget that he’s the one who caused you trouble and make Liu....’ Scrapper’s word stopped midway and he choosed for not continue whatever he was about to say.

‘So what’s up with him?’ Auntie Chatterbox shrugged off the topic about Liu Ye and effectively cut of the Scrappers’ word.

‘He said he’s looking for his mother and little sister,’

‘Mother and sister?’ Scrapper asked.

‘His biological mother, his mother is foster one and he said he found the clue about their whereabouts,’

‘And they’re in Beijing?’ Auntie Chatterbox asked again.

Bobby shook his head; ‘Not sure, he just said that if I don’t mind he’ll ask favour, and he was on his way to find his mother and sister,’

‘Hold up, how did his mother and sister lost.... somewhere?’ Scrappers asked.

‘I don’t know the detail, so he only said his mother runaway from home with him and his little sister but several days later his father’s men took him and sent him to Vancouver, he was 6 at that time.’ Bobby explained further.

‘What?’ the same words echoed in the quite bar, maybe they tired to digest the information Bobby just said.

‘His father is pure evil. It’s good that we sent him to jail,’

‘He should get death sentence,’

‘So it could be they’re somewhere in Beijing or somewhere else,’ Auntie Chatterbox stated as she reached out her cigarette box and took one to light it up effectively strived the conversation back to Kris’. ‘I didn’t expect that kid have such an interesting life.’

‘Poor kid,’ another comment said.

‘Anyway, how we’d help him?’ Scrappers asked.

‘Provide him with anything we know about our knowledge about his father? His past I mean,’ Bobby shrugged. ‘We haven’t talk about it in detail. It just like he asked if—when he needed—we could help, that’s all.’

‘I see,’ Untie Chatterbox. ‘There no harm to help a kid, who tried to find his family, does it?’

 

 

First Chapeter is up, enjoy :)