Final

Love Coin

Love Coin

 

                       To say that Seth is stress is an understatement, he is so much more than stress. He just pulled an all-nighter shift yesterday (which is early that day because it was already half past 2 when he went home) to perfect his presentation to the big boss of the company he is currently working. He need to make a good impression because the team leader said that he have a 60% chance of being promoted to a higher, more stable position which he badly needs because he is already 25 and the only one supporting his family (by family he means his mother and his sister that is currently pregnant without a man to support her so being a good brother that he is, yeah). A 60% chance is more positive than none, right?

 

 He is currently at a café two blocks away from his work, laptop in front of him. It was Monday afternoon, lunch break so he take this time to go over in the presentation again checking for misspelled words, wrong grammars and making sure it was amazing at the same time understandable. In his 4 years of being an employee to that company, he now knows that big deep words doesn’t really impressed the big boss. It seems cocky, the explanation he got when he tried asking his officemates once why.

 

“Hey,” he look up to see a lady, probably around his age or younger, standing in front of him smiling. She hold up a coin and the grin in her face widens. “Lucky coin, keep it.”

 

Before he could react, she already place the coin with a tissue in his laptop’s keyboard and exit the café, turning back once to wave goodbye to him and walking away. He was speechless. He look down to see words neatly scribble down in the tissue paper.

 

                                                                It seems like you need a little bit of luck

                                                                                   Keep it.

 

Who believes in lucky coins nowadays? He shrug, fold the tissue around the coin and put it in his pocket. He need to go back to work now. As he tidy up his things and goes to the counter to pay, the lucky coin must have start its job. To give luck.

 

 “Congratulations, Sir. You are the th customer for today!” Seth look at the manager of the café that was smiling at him blankly as they give him freebies. A box of mix cookies and doughnuts that happens to be his sister’s craving and his mother’s favorite. Little did he know that luck was just starting its’ magic.

 


 

 

It’s been a month of luck. Seth got promoted to a higher position, his sister got a decent, stable man for herself (although he still refuses for her to move in with the boy) and accept her with the baby. His mom’s new mini bakery become hot for the passerby and all thanks to the lucky coin. Yeah childish but he never receive this much of blessing – of luck—from above and he thanks the Almighty above, the lucky coin that he still keeps in that tissue and was permanently buried in his wallet, and that pretty lady that gave the coin to him. He promise to himself that if ever he found her again, he will send his gratitude for one simply childish lucky coin that brings continues blessing in his life. So when he sees her again, in the café two blocks from his work in a Sunday afternoon, alone, he quickly grab the chance and tap her shoulders.

The lady pull out an earbud and look up to him in confusion. He smiles to him and motion for the chair in front of her.

 

“Is this seat taken?” the girl sit straight and shake her head no. So he quickly seat down and offer his hand for a handshake.

 

 “I’m Seth. You give me a lucky coin a month ago here.” She look at him eyebrows furrowed before recognition lit her eyes and she nod, smile gazing her lips.

 

“Yeah, I remember. I’m Stella.” She shook his hand and they share smiles. “So?” Stella looks at him expectantly.

 

“I just want to thank you, the coin is truly lucky.” He said, a smile never leaving his face. “Is coffee and some dessert okay?” she smiles and nod her head. As they walk to the counter to buy sweets and coffee, changing information about themselves and wide smiles on their lips. The lucky coin must have start its other job. To spread love.

 

 




 

This is lame, I know. But it's buried in my laptop for months already and, why not publish it?

 

=astxr=