Friend

The Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A soft tap woke the sleeping boy. "Hey kid, wake up." Jungkook opened his eyes to see Hoseok sitting on the next couch in his black suit. Jungkook noticed the older male almost always wore this semi formal attire. A black suit jacket, black dress shirt, black tie and black shoes, as if he were about to go to a funeral.  The only thing that wasn't black was his gold wrist watch and the thin silver chained necklace he wore. In Hoseok's hands was a folder with a logo in the corner. "S" Highschool, it read. "I went to your school earlier this week, to process your enrollment, they said you can probably start on Monday instead of next month. But I'll take you there now." He put  the folder on the table and loosened his tie. "Go change." 

Jungkook quickly got up from the couch and went to his bed. It had been a week since he began living in the house but he hadn't left the house yet. Today would be his first time. He looked around and opened his closet, taking out anything to wear. "Hurry up." Jungkook could hear Hoseok from the living room, rushing him to finish getting ready. After slipping on a grey t shirt with some words and a pair of black jeans, he opened his bedroom door to see Hoseok on the couch, reading the pamphlets from the school. He stopped reading and looked at the younger boy. "Suits you. Let's go." 

Instead of taking the elevator like they did when Jungkook had first come, Hoseok went to the stairs, telling Jungkook he needed more exercise. By the time they got to the underground car park, 10 floors down, Jungkook was breathing quite heavily whereas Hoseok was just fine. They both headed to the car, which was parked closer to the elevator and stairs this time. Hoseok slipped on a pair of sunglasses and got into the car seconds before his phone rang. "... No, I can't... Ask someone else, I'm busy... Fine." He sighed as he hung up and started the car.

 

"How did you know my dad?" Jungkook asks as the older male drove.

With his eyes still on the road, Hoseok started to think of how to phrase his answer. "Um, I guess, he... saved me." 

"From what?" 

Hoseok quickly took a glance at the curious boy, who was almost out of his seat. "Aren't you excited about your new school?" 

A slight pout formed on Jungkook's face as he sunk back into the car seat and looked to see the scenery outside. "Yeah... I guess." He knew Hoseok wouldn't answer once he changed the topic. 

 

Hoseok had dropped Jungkook off at the school and left, telling him that he had to do something. "I don't know, just explore the school," was his response to Jungkook when he asked what he was supposed to do. Jungkook just began to walk aimlessly around the school. Walking through the corridors, he could see students studying and those who were dozing off. Seeing as how class was still going on, he left the buildings and went outside.

He was now behind the buildings, staring at a statue. He felt the sudden urge to look back for some reason. In front of him was the unmaintained garden and fence that closed off the school from the public. Looking a bit closer, he could see puffs of smoke coming from behind one of the trees that was blocked by many bushes. Jungkook shifted a bit so that he could see who was there. He could see a boy with dyed light brown hair and a few piercings on his ear. His bony hands were filled with bracelets and rings, and a cigarette. The boy turned his head and coughed in surprise, the smoke quickly moved around him. "Who are you?" He said in an intimidating, low voice. Jungkook could now see that his uniform was quite... different from the other students. Though they were the same, the way it was worn was very much different, giving off a different vibe. 2 buttons were left undone and his shirt was not tucked in like the rest. 

Just as Jungkook was about to answer, he quickly jumped over the bush and pulled the boy to sit down. Jungkook wasn't exactly sure why he did it himself. A teacher and a student walked past. The boy sighed in relief. "Thanks, I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyun!" Grabbing Jungkook's hand and shaking it himself. 

"I'm... Jeon Jungkook." He said quietly. 

Taehyung swung an arm around Jungkook's shoulder. "You new?" Jungkook nodded. "Well, that makes me your first friend then." He grinned. 

Jungkook smiled back, a bit dumbfounded at how quickly the other boy had become so familiar with him already. "Why aren't you in class?" 

His question caused Taehyung to burst into laughter, which sounded a lot more like a melody to Jungkook. The clueless boy looked at the way the other's eyes and mouth changed when he smiled. The way the sunlight only hit certain parts of his face, since they were under a tree, made him look angelic. Jungkook smiled in response, though unsure why the other was laughing.  "Well, I can't really smoke in class, so I came o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter