Moonlight

Moonlight

"Okay, you must be wondering why I asked you to meet me here, but I need help. It's Jae's birthday today, and I can't think of anything to give him," Jung Yunho began as soon as they took their seats in that fast-food chain.

Park Yoochun said it was fine. Kim Junsu rolled his eyes with a smile, and Shim Changmin grinned.

"Why not give him a ?" Park Yoochun said after their foods were served.

He, who was drinking that time quickly swallowed it down before he blew it on Yoochun's face. "What?" he asked, looking intently at him.

"Give him a , it's my gift to Junsu last year, and he loved it." Yoochun said, nonchalant, earning a playful slap from Junsu - who has his face in red.

"You know I can't do that. Kim Jaejoong is my friend. And friends don't do that," he said, inwardly facepalming, regretting he even asked help for them. He'd forgot how crazy his friends were.

"You have a point there, but first thing first, why don't you confess to him?" Junsu asked, breaking his chop sticks into two. "Everybody knows how in love you are with each other. Apparently, everybody but you two." he said.

"You know I can't just do that. I can't risk our friendship I spent so many nights wishing for, I can't. And what if he doesn't feel the same? Then what?" he asked. Junsu shrugged. They eat in silence.

"Okay, how about bringing him to a memorable place? Just spend time with him. You know, time is the most important thing you could give to someone," Yoochun said before sipping his drink. "But I still suggest the . All you have to do is put it in between your hands, open your mouth wide then --"

"Time. Okay. Thanks for the wonderful advice Yoochun," he said, cutting his erted flow of thoughts. He looked at Junsu and Changmin then, asking them what do they had in mind.

"Yoochun's right, give him a , or the best birthday ever," Junsu said and Yoochun grinned at him. He rolled his eyes, now, he know why those two would need a new bed after every week.

"Bring him in a hotel with a candlelight dinner, then use some stimulant so you can last for the whole night. And I'll recommend a med for sore asses," he said, winking at Yoochun.

"Will you please stop flirting, seriously, my innocent mind," Changmin chimed in, rolling his eyes.

Junsu pouted, and cleared his throat. "Give him the best birthday ," he said. "But confess first. Seriously, be a man and take Jaejoong as yours. If you're too afraid to take risks, then you'll gain nothing. And nothing begins. Just confess, yes, that would be the best gift. If you give up without even giving a good fight, you'll never also win something you might have a chance of winning. So, be a man. It's easy," Junsu finally said, voice serious.

He looked down at his food. For almost five years and eights lifetimes, he's loving Kim Jaejoong in secret. Should he confess? But. There's too many what ifs.

"It's the thought that counts," Changmin offered, breaking the unbearable silence. He looked at him with eyebrows raised. It's the very first time Changmin said something that didn't came from his thoughts.

"I'm sure he'll be happy on whatever you'll get him." Changmin said, finishing his meal, then, a smirk formed across his face. "And for that thought, how about you posed to be a male stripper that dresses as a police man and kidnaps him? Oh. That would be great. I want a gift like that." he said, eyes shining, month drooling.

For the nth time, he rolled his eyes. . Birthday . Male stripper. Can his friends actually think of something normal like normal beings? Oh well.

-

"Thanks for the time guys, and the advices. I'll think about it," he said as they walked out of the place.

Yoochun nodded, grabbing Junsu's hand. "You're always welcome. But we'll have to go now. We have plans for tonight," Yoochun said, grinning. "Don't forget about the !"

"Yeah, yeah," he said, clicking his tongue. Changmin checked his watch. "I'll be going now, hyung. I have plans too. Call me if you decide to be a stripper, kay? I'll help you get ready." Changmin said, winking.

He only nodded, bid goodbye to Changmin and started to walk to Jaejoong's place. Time. Confess. Anything from him. As he walked down the avenue, a thought came to him. Time. Confession. Anything from him. He finally thought of something that could match all of that.

-

"I told you, you don't need to get me anything, it's fine," Jaejoong said after he parked his car in the sidewalk of Han River - the place where they met all those years ago. He opened Jaejoong's door, grabbing his hand. "I wanted to get you something,"

They silently walked toward the bench where they'll sit every time. "You didn't have to," Jaejoong said, smiling. He held his breath, because under the pale moonlight, Jaejoong's face is so .. beautiful.

"You know, I came for my friends for help," he said, taking their seats. 

"Did they came up with a brilliant idea or only made your head ache?" Jaejoong asked, chuckling.

"Hmm. They didn't help, but they did help me in some ways. They helped me realize something," he said, watching as the moon was reflected in the river.

"And what is it?" Jaejoong asked, glancing at him. "Ho?" he called when he didn't answer. Swallowing down his cowardness and second thoughts, he turned to Jaejoong and ..

He kissed him.

Under the moonlight with starless sky, he had the courage to kiss Jaejoong for the first time.

When he pulled back, he saw as emotions battled inside Jaejoong's eyes, mouth open, trying to form any words. Finally, Jaejoong smiled. "That's a wonderful gift." he said slowly, grinning at him after. That's when he finally reminded himself to breathe.

. . Stripper. All with that will follow the next days. He grinned to himself, already imagining their time ahead.

 

**

 

Author's Note: I'll have you know that this disappoint me as well. For the very first time, Yunjae disobeyed me. Meh.