Act 4 : Growing

Good for you

When it come to dates and relationship, Solar's experience was so non existent she actually took the acting of couple in drama for granted. Therefore she expected a load of different scenarios since Eric and her became a couple.

 

None of them happened, but instead of feeling disoriented she was surprised, in the good way, as she slowly learned to know the young man. The traditional drama boyfriend would take his girl for a walk on mesmerizing park full of blossomed flowers, invite her in an expensive restaurant and kiss her in a dark theater room lightened by the big screen.

The both of them went to movie theater, but to watch reruns of « The Texas Chainsaw Massacre » movies. When they walked on the street, one of them would randomly dance, or scream, or chased the other, sometimes the 3 actions at once. As for dinner or lunch dates, they agreed on either split the bill or paying it in turns.

 

Eric was no stereotypical drama prince, but he was perfect for Solar. His humor style fit hers, he was easy going and followed along her weird habits and always had some interesting subjects of conversation. But he also had this caring and well-mannered side that had satisfy her seeker for romance and girly one. But what she loved the most about him was his ability to mix all his different sides to be the man she didn't know she was looking for.

 

She realised her feelings for him were deeper than what she thought the day before their first kiss, when he agreed on helping her with a difficult class. Being by 3 years her senior and apparently a very smart boy, he spent hours diligently explaining her a particularly important lesson, being more serious and studious than ever.

But while she was busy resolving a question, he begun drawing small characters on her paper. She looked a him with wonder, but was welcome by a grinning man, eyes full of mischief. She chuckled and played along. Soon, a battle of silly drawing begun until they were forced to leave the library they were in, because their of noisy giggles. They laughed about it for some time after, running away from an angry librarian and once outside, Solar felt it, the irregular beats of her heart while looking at her sunbae catching his breath, hands on his lap.

 

Their personalities where almost similar, yet Solar thought they completed each other.

 

 

« So, where do you wanna eat ? »

« I don't know oppa, it's your turn to choose remember ? I'm fine with everything. »

 

To celebrate their 1st month as a couple, the two of them decided to spend the day outside, without planning anything. It was how they ended up all afternoon in an old pub full of grandma having their annual poker tournament. It sounded weird at first, but they somehow enjoyed their time there, learned how to play and to never trust any old ladies anymore, how come they turn from sweet to perfidious in a second ?

 

« Okay...but let me think about it. »

« But don't think about choosing a cheap restaurant because it's my turn to pay.. »

« Hey, I already apologize for this ! Let's go eat some Mexican food then , you have yet to try eat. »

« Fair enough, you already tried Naejangtang after all. »

 

So far, Solar loved how their relationship was slowly evolving. The two of them didn't wanted to rush anything, and tried to learn about each other with small details and random questions. And she had to confess, doing activities Eric enjoyed was pleasant.

 

They walked, in a comfortable silence to the nearest restaurant and Solar smiled when she felt Eric taking her hand with his own, after some time feeling them brushing to one another. Skinship coming from him were still occasional events. As he explained even before they became a couple, he didn't wanted her to feel uncomfortable or press to anything. It made her feel bubbly to realise how much he respected her.

 

 

Solar communicative laugh invaded the space in the small Taco Bell they decided to spend their dinner, as Eric was telling her stories about him and his friends meeting.

 

« I swear Yongsun ah ! She taught her dogs Chinese words ! they know it ! »

« But why were you eating watermelons on the floor ?! »

« Remember I told you Amber got a youtube channel ? She was asked to be a weird challenge and I happen to be there when she decided to film it. »

« What ?! Hey show me the video ! »

 

Using his phone, Eric showed her one of the moment he tried to forgot, but seeing her laughing at his and his friends antics brought a smile on his lips. It was unexpected for him to meet Solar again, and he still didn't understand where did he find the courage to ask her out the first time. Either way he couldn't be happier at this moment; because of the girl before him, his lonely life in Korea took a 180° turn.

He was brought back to reality when he felt her checking his elbow. Her worried face somehow making him chuckle, he realised quickly that even if she hated aegyo, she was overflowing with it.

 

« Really, breaking a watermelon with you elbow, you didn't hurt yourself I hope. »

« Nah, and it was fun..hey you know what, we should have a party soon. »

« A party ? What for ? »

« Do students need a reason to have a party ? »

« I guess not.. »

« Beside, It could be a good way for me to introduce you my friends. »

« If you're planning that watermelon game I- »

« No, no don't worry, just a casual party with friends, and you should come with Byulyi too, your friends are my friends. »

 

She vigorously nodded at him, already anticipating the party. All his friends seemed nice people, given the stories he shared with her, and she couldn't wait to meet them, but also for Byulyi to get to know Eric better, since they were two of the most important people in her life at that time.

 

Out of nowhere, she saw Eric taking small box from his jean's pocket. She hold her breath, seeing the 2 shining rings on the inside. Her boyfriend, somehow blushing let an embarrassing cough escaped before speaking

 

« Well...we aren't really the most romantic couple out there but you have to know that I care a lot about Yongsun ah..and I'm not really familiar with all that dating process here in Korea but I know that the 1st month of a relationship is important right ? So, I brought those couple rings..let's..let's wear it together ? »

 

Words seemed so insufficient to express what she felt at that moment, so as a reply, Solar moved closer to him, only to kiss him lightly, not minding the PDA in the middle of a restaurant.

 

 

Growing at the same pace as Solar and Eric relationship, Moonbyul's jealousy somehow made her change. She wasn't smiling anymore, only faking it in front of her bestfriend. Everything was pissing her off and she was obsessed with only one thing: that couple.

 

Her theory about Eric being in reality a player made more and more sense to her. It took root in her mind and soul, and gave her more evidence days after days.

 

He was telling lies after lies to gain Solar's trust, playing a role he was sure she would love, to grow closer to her, only to use her and then brag to his friends, before finding a new target. Why a 3rd year university student would be interested to a 1st year anyways ? It didn't make any sense, unless he wanted to use his senior status to manipulate younger students. Moonbyul was sure, it wasn't even his first try. Unfortunately, her beloved bestfriend was as naive as beautiful and had fallen into his trap.

 

like you are everwhere Eric, but good thing I discovered your true self before it's too late. Unnie is too pure for you, I can't let you be near her anymore.

 

But as much as she was sure about her reasoning, she couldn't find any proofs, any materials to expose the bastard. It was irritating, knowing the truth but being held back by the lack of proof. She went through all his social media, including his rather impressive linkedin account, checking all public messages, pictures, even his friend's accounts. But all of it where either too perfect or like the average students daily life.

 

That bastard obviously knows what he's doing, that's why I can't find anything.

 

« Byulyi unnie ! »

 

The familiar voice made her lift her head from her smartphone as a young girl approached her, smiling to the fullest.

 

« Whee in ah, Hello. »

 

Whee In was a highschool student, in her 2nd years, also coming from the same school as Moonbyul and Solar. She knew the two of them because of their common affinity for music, and she rapidly fall for the awesome and beautiful sunbae that Moonbyul was for her. She tried to hide her crush but everybody, including her bestfriend Hyejin saw through her.

Moonbyul wasn't an exception, and she tried to minimize her interaction with the younger girl. Back in highschool she didn't wanted her to have false hope, since Moonbyul's heart only belonged to Solar.

 

Still clad in her highschool uniform, the dimple girl took a seat, facing the golden hair girl. The both of them shared a table in a small coffee shop near the university. Moonbyul stayed silent for a moment, examining the girl before her while holding her head with her hand.

 

« You dyed you hair back in black , You look cute like this Whee In. »

« ..Thank, thank you unnie. »

« So, what was the emergency ? I swear I had cold sweat reading your text. »

« Ha..sorry unnie. Well..we have a big test coming soon and...unnie please I need your help ! I'm really bad with this subject but I can't fail and - »

« Wow, okay, hey, slow down and breathe okay ? »

 

The highschool student did as told and for the first time in a while, Moonbyul genuinely smiled, seeing the cute yet stressed students.

 

« Better ? »

« Yes, thank you unnie. »

« Now show me what you need to study, I'll see what I can do. »

 

After a full 90° bow, Whee In took a notebook from her bag and handed it to the older girl who quickly sighed when she read the title.

 

« Sorry Wheeny, but I don't think I can't help you with that. It's one of Yongsun unnie main class tho, maybe she can help but- »

 

Moonbyul suddenly stopped talking and froze, it was like her brain had a short powercut. Her eyes widened and she quickly looked at the younger girl. Her face found a new glow and a smile of a new kind reach her lips. With her left hand, she reached the right one of Whee In, who laid on the table. She took it, only to it with her thumb, in a way she knew the younger girl would melt.

 

« Oh Wheeny ? »

« ..Yeah.. »

 

Her voice was oddly low, almost seductive and the look she gave to her junior was both flirtatious and dangerous, but enough for the innocent Whee In to fall for it. The crush she had on the older girl was afterall still present.

 

« Listen well, because Unnie has something to tell you. »

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys~ okay so at first I wanted to add a small soleric part, only to clarify the statut of their relationship and to give more light to it. Because idk, based on your comments I had the feeling you might not had catch the meaning of it...ah, tell me if I'm wrong ^^'

Anyways, turns out I wrote much more than I had planned (...like always...) ...so yeah, it did become a new chapter xD

But, I had to add the Wheebyul part in the end nevertheless, yeah, Whee In is here now, let's see what will happen next ^^

(don't hit me, thank you)