Act 2 : Dates

Good for you

 

Time seemed to go slower without Solar, or at least it was the impression Moonbyul had. Her homeworks for the whole week were already done, as well as the daily chores. She even did the task of her precious roommate, and organised their school books by years of release, before changing it back with the traditional alphabetic order.

She was beyond bored without the loud but adorable girl, and the reason of her absence made the golden hair girl sulked even more.

 

Solar, for the 5th time within the month, had a date with Eric.

 

She laid on her bed, remembering the joy on her bestfriend face, when she came back from her first date with Eric. As he said, he brought her to a coffee shop and they spoke about highschool and college life. Unknown to Solar, Moonbyul had snorted hearing the happy girl « date report ».

 

What a boring 1st date, if I ever had one with unnie I'll make it unforgetable.

 

 

« And you know Byul ah, Sunbae told me he wanted to ask me on a date when we were in highschool, but he thought it was weird, since he was older. He's very caring don't you think ? »

« Hmmm, maybe ? To be honest I think it's kinda creepy. »

 

The first thing Solar did after walking in their apartment was to look for her bestfriend. She was overflowed with feelings, and needed the attentive ears of Moonbyul to sort them out. It hurt Moonbyul's heart to see her bestfriend this happy because of someone else but no matter what, she was willing to listen her story.

 

« Creepy ? I don't think so...he didn't wanted to make me uncomfortable back then. »

« Then why did he ask you out this time ? »

« Omo ! I ask him the same question ! He said something about not letting a 2nd chance go away »

« Gosh, that is so cheesy ! »

« Really ? I mean, I understand what he felt. Out of all people I had to meet him again, don't you think it's fate or something ? Look we even found out we're studying for the same degree ! »

« I don't know unnie...but hey speaking of fate, I got 2 cinema's tickets for that movie you wanted to see, it's what I called fate, so let's go this saturday ? »

 

The Eric related conversation was already too long and too tiring for the golden hair girl, so she tried to change subject and keep her bestfriend away from him.

 

« Ah...sorry Byul ah but I'm taken saturday.. »

« Don't tell me...Eric sunbae again ? »

« He said he'll explain our degree in details..sorry Byul ah really..I'll make it up to you okay ? »

 

 

This situation was too much for the young woman. She was torn between her bestfriend role and her secret one side lovestory. What she dreaded for years was happening and she didn't know how to cope with it : Solar was dating somebody.

She chose at first to be the bestfriend Solar needed. It was obvious she was moved by the young man, in a way she never experience before. She needed to talk about it. So a routine installed itself after each date. Much to Moonbyul dismay, Solar started to tell her every details for their dates and sometimes ask for advice.

 

« I never used a scooter before, it was really funny you know ?Oh and he also promise he will teach me english, since it's a big class in my degree, maybe he can teach you as well ? »

« English isn't one of my main class unnie, but thanks for the proposition.. »

 

 

« And then the kite almost disappear ! Eric oppa had to run to catch it ! »

« ...Oppa ? »

« Ah...I mean sunbae..Yah don't look at me like that Moon Byul Yi ! »

« Your face is so red unnie, and look like you'll become cheesier than me soon enough »

 

Moonbyul had to give Eric some credit, her bestfriend was happy, nobody could deny it. She had some hard time to accept that she wasn't the only one making her happy anymore, but hold onto the statut of their dates.

Given the details Solar told her, the younger girl tried to comfort herself, repeating in her head that these dates weren't something serious, that its was a phase for her bestfriend, her way to experience the freedom of their new lifes. She tried the hardest to stick to that theory of hers.

 

 

 

But it fall like a frail house of card after the 4th date.

 

 

 

« Unnie where were you ? It's dark I was getting worried. »

« Sorry Byul ah, We walked for a while after our study session »

« Unnie given your face I know it wasn't just a study session. »

« Yeah...you're right »

 

Solar was always like a kid whenever she returned from a date with Eric, seeing her all calm and blushing triggered Moonbyul's attention.

 

« Unnie, something happened ? »

« He...he walked me home Byul ah, isn't he sweet ? We joked around in the middle of the street, that was kinda weird but...I don't know he was so cute back then. »

« ...Ugh, whatever, I'm just glad you're safe. »

« He held my hand Byul ah..oh my god I feel stupid to spazz over it but.. »

 

Solar never finished her sentence, as giggles seemed more suitable to express her mood.

 

Moonbyul sighed heavily, if it was just a phase for her bestfriend, she hoped it would end soon. It wasn't like she was left behind, quite the contrary. Solar still spent a good amount of her free time with her, still laughed over stupid thing with her. They friendship stay the same old one, except for the « Date report » time.

But the more Solar spent time with Eric, the more Moonbyul felt something wrong was bound to happen.

 

Her trail of thought was interrupted by the sound of their front door. It was late at night once again and Solar just came back from her date with Eric. Just like last time, her expression wasn't like it used to be. It was more deep...more serious.

 

« Don't tell me you were asleep Byul ah. »

« Ani, just a headache. »

 

Moonbyul, for the 1st time lied to her bestfriend, thinking the headache excuse would save her from the « Date report » time.

 

« Really, you don't have fever don't you ? »

 

Solar rushed to her bestfriend, applying her hand on her forehead to check her condition. She sighed out of relief when she felt no fever.

 

« Missy, did you spent too much time on your computer ? Wait for me I'm bringing a pain killer. »

« No..no need I- »

« No won't do with me, you know it. »

 

The caring side of her bestfriend was one of the thing Moonbyul loved the most, she felt a little guilty however, but happy to have gain the attention of the older girl.

 

The both of them sat on Moonbyul's bed, and the latter quickly understood, by the persistent look of her friend she couldn't escape from the « date report ».

 

« Spill, what did you do this time. »

 

The blush on Solar chubby cheeks appeared almost immediately, while the memory of the evening flooded her mind.

 

« He agreed of tasting Naejangtang for dinner. He obviously didn't like it but kept on eating it, I was really touched you know ? »

 

Moonbyul said nothing, and Solar took it as a sign to continue her story.

 

« He was really cute, trying to make me believe he liked the taste but in the end we ate snack on the way here and... »

 

Solar paused, hands on her burning cheeks. Moonbyul noticed the smile of her friend, she looked so genuinely happy, it was the first time she witness a smile like this.

 

« ...and ? »

« ...We were saying good bye and...well I told you I said good bye weirdly the last time right ? Today I wanted to make thing right and I hugged him. »

« ...really ? »

« Yes...And I don't know what took upon me after our hug but Byul ah.. »

 

Solar took a short pause and exhaled loudly

 

 

« I kissed him. »

 

 

 

At that moment, Moonbyul was not sure what was stronger : her heartbreak or that sudden nasty and angry jealous feeling she was having.

 

 

 

2/5 Let's pray I can write it all tonight \o/

 

Don't hit me guys I'm as sad and torned as you !