Birthday Surprise-Final

Birthday Surprise

 

You pulled your coat closer towards your body, as a means of protecting yourself against any unwanted lurkers of the night. A branch snapped to your left and you spun your head round to try and catch a glimpse of what it was. Seeing nothing, you walked a little faster, angry towards your best friend for making you walk alone in the dark. If anything happened to you, he was going to have to pay. You hadn't heard from him all day until about half an hour ago when he had messaged you asking to meet him along with an address.

 

The eeriness of the empty street was starting to invade your body as you walked towards the mansion ahead. You pulled out your phone checking the address, your best friend had sent you- and as you had thought, this was indeed the right place. You walked round to the back of the large building, towards where the garden supposedly was, only to find nothing but darkness. Was this a joke? You had always known he was quite the prankster but this? Luring you out to the middle of nowhere- where you could quite easily be attacked, on your birthday.

 

The sound of footsteps could be heard behind you and you prayed that it was only him. The person stopped right behind you as you squeezed your eyes shut, too afraid to look, frozen to the spot. A pair of large, slightly rough hands settled over your waist, making you jump, you only managing to squeak out a small whisper of “Xiumin?” You were suddenly hyperaware of his hot breath tickling the back of your neck and the warmth of his hands on your waist. “Happy Birthday, Lee Eunseo” he whispered pressing a small kiss behind your ear. Then, all at once, lights lit up before you, presenting you with the most magnificent view you had ever seen.

 

The trees were adorned with sparkling fairy lights and the path was lit up with small round lanterns. A beautiful parasidical secret garden, the wonderful array of colours sparking something warm inside of you. This was definitely not what you had been expecting when Xiumin had asked you to meet him in the middle of the night- at an abandoned garden. You heard a soft chuckle leave your best friend’s mouth at the awed expression on your face.

 

Xiumin hands left your waist- causing you to instantly miss the warmth of them, as he walked round to the middle of the garden, a look in his eyes you had never seen before. “Lee Eunseo,” he announced after clearing his voice. “We have been best friends for as long as I can remember. For years, we’ve been together, through the best and the worst times.” He continued, voice clearly shaking from nerves.

 

“After we argued last Christmas, I realised something I should’ve known a long time ago. The pain of not having you around me was unbearable- every little thing reminded me of you. The sparkle in your eyes when you were excited, the beautiful tinkling of your laugh, even the beauty of your light freckles that you hate so much.”

 

He smiled up at you, gazing into your eyes in a way that every woman wished to be looked at, making you hold your breath in anticipation before he continued, walking back towards you with more confidence than before. “I realised that, all these years, I have been madly in love with you. At first I was satisfied with just being your friend, but I realised that I can’t do that. I love you Eunseo. More than anything else in this world.”

 

Your heart was beating louder than ever as you heard those magic words leave his lips. Were you dreaming? You stared back into his eyes, the seriousness and sureness in them catching you off guard.

 

Xiumin took your silence as rejection and a dejected look appeared in his eyes. He dropped his gaze to the floor as he spoke once more, “I don’t expect you to feel the same way. I just had to make sure you knew. If you want we can pretend this never happ-“

 

You cut him off by pressing your lips gently onto his, catching him off guard. “Minseok, I have been in love with you for as long as I can remember.” You whispered, smiling shyly at him when you pulled away. He replied with the widest smile you had ever seen, pulling you in by the waist and capturing your lips again in his. The desperation for each other finally being released. The kiss was innocent but lasted a good couple of minutes. The rest of the evening was spent making up for all the lost kisses and whispering sweet ‘I love you’s while basking in each other’s company.

 

It was your best birthday yet.


A/N Ahahahaha yeahhhh... I am NOT a sappy person so this was really difficult for me to write- but I hope all you cheese balls (and of course ladydoom91) enjoyed it!!

Love mykookie_9 xx