X / 002

X / TEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mmpphf." The brown haired man in front of me is holding his laugh right now as his girlfriend shoots him a glare. It's 6PM KST and us three are having dinner together. Oh Hayoung is my brother's girlfriend, and soon to be wife, he says. Well, I don't mind if she really is because she's just an ideal wife for my brother. She cares about me and Sehun so much. Maybe that's because she's been with Sehun for a long time and she's there when both of us lose our parents. Our bond is just too strong.

Back to the dinner, I almost throw a chicken leg at his face just now. How could he be laughing around when his sister is being tortured by an old archery coach? "Man, don't laugh your asss off." It doesn't affect him that much when I threaten him but when Hayoung does, he directly shuts up. "I think Coach Baram hasn't known me that well. From what I saw on the field, he's really a caring person, deep inside." Another spoon of chicken soup then I continue, "He treated an injured student, anyway."

"Listen up, sweetheart." Sehun's bowl is already empty and when Hayoung wants to pick the bowl to the kitchen, Sehun whispers that he's going to wash it himself. "Coach Pyeong... I'm sorry about him. I don't know how's everything going on. After all, I'm still on hiatus and I'm thinking about to pull out of archery—"

"What!?" See? Even Hayoung is more shocked than myself.

Sehun takes a slice of kimchi with his chopsticks. "Awmm." He chews it slowly making us wait for him to continue his explanation. "Yeah, college. Last semester and I got a lot of things to do. I'm pretty sure about this decision. It's the best for me." His eyebrow raises as he drinks a glass of mineral water while staring at me. "It's your turn now, to make our Dad proud."

When he mentions about dad, the atmosphere around us become heavy. Our dad is an archery athlete. He has won in more than 10 international archery competition, indoor and outdoor. National competition? It's not his level anymore. 

"I really want to be like him."

"What?" Sehun tries to cheer us up. "To watch James Bond's movies all day long? To collect Anne Hathaway's posters?"

"Idiot," Hayoung who sits next to him chuckles.

Okay, can I smack him down? "To shoot perfectly like him, of course." I roll my eyes then go to the kitchen with my empty bowl then I'm going back again to the dining table. "Hayoung eonnie, let me help you wash the dishes. Sehun, give your bowl to me."

 

 

 

There are stars on my ceilings. Shining in the dark. Thank you, phosphor.

I should be sleeping at this hour but I just can't doze off to sleep in any time. "Hah." I gasp as I change my sleep position. "Counting sheeps. Start." I shoot my eyes closed and counts. "One sheep... two sheeps... three sheeps.... four...."

"Four..."

"Dad! Look at that uncle! What is he doing?" 

The man who holds the five years old girl, his daughter answers rightly, "He's setting his sight, Sebi." Curiously, the girl lets go of her dad's grip and approaches the man which her dad said was setting his sight. The man holds a small equipment that made of plastic with the circle shape. He then lets  the small thing goes in through another equipment.

"Oh-ho-ho! Mr. Oh!" The man greets her dad. It doesn't surprise her to see that the man knows her dad. Everyone here knows him, Oh Jisub. The South Korean archery athlete. He offers him a handshake, "It's been a long time, eh? The last time we met, your daughter is still below my hips and look now!" The man casually pats the girl's head. "Now, where's Sehun? Is he practising today?"

 

 oh sebi, 7 y.o

 

Oh Jisub shakes his head in return. "He's having a mid-exam this week." He explains. "But he probably is joining the competition a couple of weeks later."

"Ah... I bet Chittaphon would be so happy when he meet Sehun in person. I've been telling him about your amazing son." The man lets out a laugh. "Chittaphon will also join a junior competition... Hey, why don't you make your daughter join the archery club too?"

"Maybe later," Jisub silently shakes his head. "So... are you coaching another club again, Mr. Maurer?"

When Jisub and the Thailand Club's coach converse, the little girl wonders around the sport complex.Bows are everywhere, people are shooting and the sounds of the stabbed arrow are really pleasing. Her short feet bring her away from her dad. Then, she arrives in a small room. There's a boy inside, backing her. It looks like he's having trouble with his bowstring. "!@^&%?*^%(&?" He speaks in another language that the little girl doesn't understand. He turns around to see who's coming.

"Nuguseyo?"

 

 

 

 

"Woaahhhhh"

I close my mouth when I stop yawning and from the corner of my eyes, I can see my brother judging me. With a glare, I shout, "What?!" 

My older brother clicks his tongue while preparing plates and glasses on the table. "You should have closed your mouth when you were yawning, not when you stopped yawning, i d i o t." Sehun places a plate of warm croissants on the table. "You're going to practice again today, aren't you? After the afternoon class." Then he pours some fresh milk for me.

 

 

He looks different that morning. Usually, he comes out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter