First Impressions

Passionate Inclination

Kibum was woken up by the sound of his phone ringing. Denying the call he checked his notifications to find 28 missed calls from his mother's phone and a similar amount from his father's. He had left to the school without letting them know, aware that if he had they would have stopped him. All he left for them was an apology letter and no address. He loved his parents, he really did, but his whole life he had been over sheltered and hidden from the world. He needed to be out on his own and once he was settled he planned on letting them know of his wareabouts. In the meantime he blocked both of their numbers, as much as it upset him. Today was going to be his first day of classes on his scholarship for his dance major. His dorm room was small and cold, just like his body that did not want to remove itself from his blankets.


He was not nervous, Kim Kibum did not get nervous. He was however tired and unfamiliar with his surroundings, and so for just a moment he considered not going to class that day (or any days for that matter) but he began to think of how his life at home was going to be and he pulled himself out of his bed. The best thing about being a dance major was the social excuse to wear comfortable clothes (plus his looking great was an easy tie). He pulled on a baggy tank top and a pair of sweatpants that tightened and ended half way down his calfs with his dance shoes. He brushed his messy hair until he felt like he could handle being seen and left with his bag of replacement clothes. In all honesty he felt a bit unattractive, pre-class attire not his idea of fashion. He just hoped to God he didn't see the attractive boy from orientation the day before. He had looked much better yesterday, and this was not a close second. To Kibum's dismay, he turned the corner and there the man was. He had dark hair and big chesnut eyes. He was wearing a tank top that day, his muscular arms shown to the world. Kibum looked down at his smaller, pale arms and pouted at the lack of.. well anything. The boy was turning into the class next to Kibums, causing a whine from the young boy. He walked past the door, refusing his desire to look inside and entered the dance studio.


The moment he was in the room, he felt like it was where he belong. It was similar to the stuido he had practiced in before his move, the main walls made of mirrors, the floor sleek and wooden. After hsi class had ended, he decided to stay back a bit to practice some of the dances he had been practicing. All dance students had 24/7 access to the studio so after everyone else left he began practicing a few dancing to girls groups.


He was not aware that a hiphop class was to be held there in 30 minutes and that the very man he had been crushing on the past couple days was planning on coming into the studio early for that class. Jonghyun came up to the door when he heard the sound of music inside of the studio. He peered in through the small window in the door to see a small boy dancing alone. He was completely into the music and Jonghyun admired how into himself he was as he moved. He radiated with confidence and joy, just him and the music alone in that room. Not to mention the boy inside was cute.


The closer the time for class neared, Jonghyun started to wonder if the boy knew one was going to be happening. Once one of his songs ended, Jonghyun walked in, startling the boy.


Kibum jumped when the door to the dance studio opened, his face flushing red when he saw it was the attractive boy from orientation. Kibum was sweaty and panting, his clothes showing evident sweat spots. This was definetely not how he wanted to meet his crush.


"There's a class in here, soon." The man's voice was smooth and attractive. His voice flowed from his lungs, making Kibum even more flustered at its sweet sound. He was almost so overtaken by the sound that he didnt realise what he was being told.


"O..oh I'm sorry.." Kibums own voice was shaking from exuastion, very embarrased by this encounter. He backed toward the changing room. "I..I'll just be going then uhm.." He turned and hurried to go get changed. This was the last thing he needed, he hadn't seen anyone else even relatably cute to this guy. As he was changing the boy also walked into the changing room and began getting ready for class. Kibum tried hard not to look but did get a glance of some very delicious abs. He was getting ready to hurry out before the boy spoke to him.


"I'm Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun." Kibum turned slowly to face him, blushing as he found that he was still shirtless.


"Uhm.. Kim Kibum. That's me, I mean. That's my name." He mental hit himself, embarassing himself more. Kibum had been held back from social interaction and so he was a bit awkward speaking to someone so execptionally attractive. Jonghyun however didn't think a thing about the awkwardness of Kibum's wording besides the fact that he found the smaller boy cute. Everything about him was attractive, from looks to his shy personality.


"I hope I get to see you around them, Kibum-ssi." He winked before pulling his shirt up and giving his attention to the locker. Kibum gulped and rushed away without saying a single world in reply. He had been winked at, and told something quite hopeful. He really hoped that he wasn't reading too much into it. It was all he thought of for the rest of the day, after all.

A/N: Short chapter because I wanted to introduce the scene and the two main characters. I hope you enjoy none the less!