Final

ctrl c + ctrl v

 

dilatedpupil says: aknfklsajglksj!!????!!! Whut the hell is this?!? Why are you breaking them up?? This is cruel T^T you need to update soon or I won’t get to move on from this! Too many feels!!!

 

 

Jongin blinks in front of his laptop’s screen. The many question marks and exclamation points glares at him with such intensity that he’s torn if he should be glad of such achievement or be afraid because they look threatening. It doesn’t help that the new comment was from someone he hasn’t heard of, not that he’s confident or anything but Jongin knows he’s got himself quite a number of minions following his every update and not one of them is this dilatedpupil.

 

His phone vibrates next to his mouse and decides to click on the reply button.

 

 

Kai says: Hey! You must be a new reader? Well, anyway, I’m glad I could give you ‘the feels’ ^_^

 

 

His mouse hovers above the post button for a brief second, pondering if he should add more or leave it as it is. Not a second later, he clicks the button and returns to his homepage before logging out. He grabs his phone right after, pushing his chair out of the table and dives into his bed, face first. It cries for mercy under his unexpected yet familiar weight, he vaguely wonders if it curses him each time had it been fortunate enough to have the human mind’s functions. His phone vibrates again, this time in his own palm, settling his head on the side he stares forlornly on said glowing device.

 

Jongin has the intention to reject Sehun’s call and shut his phone off but was rudely beaten to it by the very device stilling in his hands in quiet. He was about to sigh in relief and roll around in bed when a new message came right in. Talk about annoying. He stares at it, fascinated at how fast Sehun can work those fingers if he’s sending him a message not even five seconds after the latter tried calling him.

 

 

OhHun 19:27:38

Pick ur goddamn phone!

 

 

Jongin rolls his eyes and waits for it to start vibrating once again, and when it does, he answers in deep silence. The person on the other end of the line doesn’t say anything either, probably playing the silence game along with him. Not that long, Jongin gives up—purposefully exhaling loudly on the receiver and hears some muffled sounds on the other line immediately in answer. Sehun must be doing some unbelievable muscle work-out that requires a lot of effort for the heaviness of his breathing can reach Jongin to such extent, or that he had held his breath for that sort amount of time they had remained quiet. But just as the breathing starts existing, the words aren’t. And Jongin belatedly cringes as he takes a full breath, inhaling his bed sheets that are in dire need of a change should he want to keep living. (He’d rather suffer a sudden death than suffer from every inhale he’d take lying on it.)

 

“ you.”

 

He scrunches his nose, “What did I do again?”

 

Sehun huffs on the other line, obviously furious. Jongin couldn’t be bothered, his sheets are more important. “How about getting your ing in here before I explode?”

 

He snickers, “What? Kris couldn’t satisfy you, honey?”

 

“Yeah. I need another , happy?”

 

Jongin smiles, “Flattered.”

 

“Great. Now get your up and get over here !”

 

Then he’s rolling in his bed with fits of laughter because Sehun is obviously annoyed about something and Jongin finds happiness in that. “Yes, your highness, I love you too.”

 

“I know, I love myself, too, but you!”

 

Jongin is still laughing even after Sehun graciously (read: rudely) hanged up on him.

 

 

 

 

But Sehun wasn’t only annoyed upon his arrival, he was also deadly pissed and Jongin’s hand falters for their secret (Kris insists that only the three of them should know, though the whole world knows what a fist bump is) hand gesture the moment the former turned to him. If it’s possible, Sehun’s eyes are on a mission to kill anyone that dares to look at them.

 

“You’re late.” His footsteps are blazing hot, Jongin can imagine fumes of air leaving his nostrils in rage, face mimicking one ripe tomato waiting for his farmer to pick him up to get delivered in the market and be bought by a lady insisting on a healthy diet and offending the other customers by merely standing there in her fit body.

 

He simply shrugs his shoulders and sits himself on the couch next to Kris, taking the liberty to pull the poor game controller out of his humongous palm. “That’s not how you kill the opponent.”

 

“You’ve got some nerve, Kim Jongin.” Sehun stands in front of the flat screen blocking their view with his hands dangerously perched on his hips. Jongin thinks Sehun would be a great addition in his ongoing story, only that he wasn’t a famous idol.

 

He sighs and leans against the recliner, tossing the game controller back at Kris. “Sehun, I told you. I’m not moving in just because you can’t handle living with your sister.”

 

“STEPsister. I know how to humiliate you,” Sehun squints his eyes, ignoring Kris’ humble plea to move aside.

 

“Grow up, Sehun.”

 

“You still peed in your sleep until tenth grade.”

 

“And Kris was caught by his father watching his old man’s with his right hand inside his gym shorts and said father was so damn proud he told his wife.”

 

“Can you guys leave me out?”

 

Sehun exhales in defeat and drapes his body across Jongin’s lap with a cry. Jongin, being the best friend that he is, pats the other’s back in duty— although he thinks Sehun should stop over dramatizing every little reactions he has behind his default unamused mask, it was getting way old. “It’s just so... I don’t even know her fully yet.”

 

“Then here’s your chance.”

 

Chance that came exactly the same time as if triggered by some telepathic ability that Jongin once tried writing for fun (his readers loved it), stumbling in the front door trying to balance one package in hand and another stack of books in the other while pulling off her ratty sneakers. Sehun snorts in Jongin’s pants, Jongin feels sorry for the new soul and for Sehun (he hasn’t done laundry for a week and is currently wearing the same jeans for three straight days).

 

“Are you okay?” Kris was quick to aid the other, and to put those large hands around the smaller’s waist – Jongin thinks, no, he saw them wound around the girl’s waist.

 

“Yeah.”

 

He hides a smile at the obvious annoyance in the other’s face (albeit hidden by a pair of huge heavily tinted glasses) at his friend’s shamelessness.

 

“I’m Kris, by the way.”

 

“I didn’t ask.” The smaller moves her arm protectively away from Kris’ attempt of carrying the stack of books from her. “Sehun, can you tell your friend that I don’t like him?”

 

Said man groans and turns to face Jongin’s crotch (Jongin briefly wonders if he’s wearing the same briefs from yesterday). “He’s right in front of you.”

 

“And that’s an order.”

 

Sehun’s face scrunches and he says, “She’s not interested Kris, sit your arse down.”

 

“Thank you,” the smaller maneuvers her way out and opens the door next to Sehun’s room. “Now, tone down on the noise, can we?”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Jongin watches in bemusement, Sehun’s obviously pissed but couldn’t somehow vent them out at his stepsister that seems to have placed a collar around Sehun’s neck. He tilts his head down and smirks at his friend. “I get it now.”

 

“Shut it.”

 

He laughs. “Oh god. How could I forgot?”

 

“ you.”

 

“You’re awkward around girls! And you, poor baby you suddenly having to live with a sister is making you frustrated because you don’t know how to treat girls!”

 

“ you.”

 

“Now I’m tempted to move in.”

 

Sehun punches his stomach half-heartedly and Jongin laughs loudly.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

There are tears in her eyes, tears that he promised her would not kiss her cheeks. But here they are now, staining her beauty while he stares at her from the window. She has her phone in her ears and he can perfectly hear her cries, broken and so sad. He feels sad, feels his heart shattering, crumbling down along the fresh new set of her tears, crashing in his very feet. He couldn’t save them, couldn’t save her from the heartache, and couldn’t comfort her, because now, he has no right.

 

They were over and it stings the more he reminds himself.

 

 

 

Jongin can’t remember how and when his story did took down the wrong road, because he was more than certain he’s aiming for a happy ending. Not the broken ending that his life is currently playing at. But he decides to post it anyway, making quick and one last minute check-up just in case he forgot something or failed to correct some wordings that he left with a mark to be reminded.

 

The chatroom he placed on the right side of his page glows in green, informing of four guests and five of his regulars lurking in his blog. He bites his lip in excitement – any minute now, he thinks.

 

 

EarsOfTheEarth: bro, another update?? Cool.

writemealetter: do I need a box of tissues? Because…

anonymous0873: I love how you update ur stories quickly^^

doubleB: ‘sup, EarsOfTheEarth

SMALLtrouble: you shud tag it as angst

Anonymous0947: hello, it’s my first time here :D

writemealetter: welcome to Kai’s world of imaginations!

doubleB: hello~

EarsOfTheEarth: ‘sup @doubleB n hello newest anon!

 

 

Jongin releases his lip to smile wider, fingers itching to join the conversation but holds himself a little longer, satisfied in just watching his regulars make the new ones comfortable. He gets this weird feeling of pride when they do. Two more people gets added on the numbers lurking in his blog— most probably having notified of his latest update —and Jongin gives up.

 

 

Kai: welcum to my blog new anon!

SMALLtrouble: master has arrived =.=

Anonymous0947: ohmygod! Hello!

Kai: aw don’t be like that SMALLtrouble, lets kip dis chatroom frndly n welcoming, can we?

EarsOfTheEarth: preach Kai, preach.

writemealetter: SMALLtrouble n Kai is olwys dat way, dun b afraid of him new anon

doubleB: Kaiiii!!!!!! Whut d hell are u writing??? y is der onion ninjas evrywhere????

Anonymous0374: spoiler alert!!!

Kai: woooppss? Hahaha

doubleB: u btter make up 4 it!

Anonymous0947: im only on the first chapter :’(

SMALLtrouble: I suggest you stop now, Kai is horrible.

writemealetter: he plays w/ ur heartstrings.

Kai: hey! its nt my fault u guys react in such manner dat I cant help but 2 mess w/ you :p

SMALLtrouble: again, horrible.

EarsOfTheEarth: dude, stp with d angst. Pls.

 

 

Jongin’s fingers are working over his keyboards when his door slams open to an exhausted looking Sehun. He erases everything he has written and composes a new one.

 

 

Kai: wait, bff duty.

 

 

Sehun drops on his bed, groaning about his day at the store he’s currently employed and been meaning to resign and about his new housemate. Jongin closes his window and pushes his chair off the table. He eyes Sehun’s sticking out like a sore thumb—Jongin has the mind to slap it but Sehun turns on his back just as he gets up. He doesn’t pretend. Sehun’s brow flies higher than the other one.

 

“Can I slap your ?”

 

“Bro, I love you. But no homo.”

 

“Just one. I need to know if it’s as firm as it looks.”

 

“I’m flattered that you’re checking me out but no.”

 

“Bubble tea.”

 

“My bubble ’s far more precious to me.”

 

“I’ll move in with you.”

 

“Your nostrils are shaking, you’re lying.”

 

“Maybe I won’t move in, but I’ll sleep over. On the weekends. Sounds good?”

 

Sehun props his arm under his head, eyes heavy as they scrutinize the person before them. Jongin rolls his own eyes, rounds the side of his bed and lies down. “You’re checking me out.”

 

“You can take my couch,” Sehun says afterwards, nonchalantly.

 

Jongin grins, “So when will be your last day?”

 

Sehun dramatically flails his arms as he resumes his prior ranting, mouth firing comments here and there— body in complete sync with his colorful words. Jongin closes his eyes and wonders of the new feedbacks he’ll be welcomed after Sehun’s departure. He’s mostly thrilled to know what SMALLtrouble has to say and what writemealetter would write to defend him and see the good in his latest update, and the occasional silent readers that only drops a comment once in a blue moon. A small portion of his brain wonders if dilatedpupil would show itself again.

 

“By the way dude, your sheets needs to be thrown. I don’t think any bleach can save this mess.”

 

“I’m too broke to buy new ones,” he opens his eyes and sighs. “The laundry shop down the block isn’t that bad at all.”

 

“But this stinks like hell.”

 

“Nothing a fabric conditioner couldn’t do.” He winks and realizes later that his dull ceiling wouldn’t reciprocate.

 

“You say that,” Sehun’s voice strains along his torso pulling his weight off the bed to turn around and stare at Jongin. “When will Baek return? I miss his cooking. Luhan doesn’t cook at all and I’m tired of take-outs.”

 

“The day after tomorrow.” He flips on his side, hand set into crawling towards Sehun’s behind. “Can I slap it now?”

 

 

 

 

 

It’s almost nearing midnight when he logs back in — after Sehun made Jongin watch the movie installment for K with him because Anna being the new Red King was bothering him and he finds himself more than disappointed at Jongin when the latter didn’t tell him that there was a movie before he found it out in between his customers’ murmuring, but after Kuro’s beautiful face he’s more than calm and started fanboying like the gay he is (he’s gotten used to the ecchi, they cannot stop the underlying between the characters since the first season – Sehun strongly believes) — and Jongin finds himself a little excited as he waits for his page to load.

 

There’s five new notifications waiting for him, Jongin clicks on the first one, eager to read his reader’s thoughts. He fights back a smile at SMALLtrouble’s curse and writemealetter’s reprimanding comment towards the former before it began its own litany of praises because how can you convey those feelings?? Just how??? Im suffering rn TT^TT

 

Jongin thinks it’s not that worth it to be praised, there are far more known and well better writers out there (he knows, he’s a fan of more than a few) still, he types out his grateful heart in each comment. Even in SMALLtrouble’s classic words in which Jongin adds an extra amount of hearts just because. After the last one, Jongin changes his course to the chatroom that seems to be having a party of its own at the amount of online chatters.

 

 

Kai: am currently envious of my bestfriend’s

writemealetter: dat took a long wait

ProtectorOfTheEarth: hey~ hven’t seen u round here

EarsOfTheEarth: dats cause u hven’t bin OL -.-

Anonymous0187: r you 2 diff person?

ProtectorOfTheEarth: yes

EarsOfTheEarth: yuP

anotheranon: ws it soft?

doubleB: I knw wat u mean Kai L

Kai: he misses u btw

SMALLtrouble: is der a pun?

Anonymous0947: doubleB and Kai knew each other???

writemealetter: yea. n am jelly

doubleB: he’s gorjazz ;D

anotheranon: u always say dat

Kai: bcoz its d truth hahaha

SilentKiller: wen will u show ur self?

Anonymous0947: yes! A photo would be good ^^

Kai: wen SMALLtrouble rturns my hearts

SMALLtrouble: aint happening

Kai: is wat he says =.=

EarsOfTheEarth: ive seen doubleB

writemealetter: do u guys think its pssible for us to meet?

doubleB: count me in!

SMALLtrouble: count me out

anotheranon: Kai?

Kai: if SMALLtrouble agrees

HIGHERthanyourhighness: im glad u lyk my bt still, no homo bro

Anonymous0643: are u d bff?

doubleB: oi! I hear ur missing me :p

Kai: he is @Anonymous0643

Anonymous0947: hello~

HIGHERthanyourhighness: so ur d newest victim?

Kai: don’t be lyk dat hun

doubleB: ur ignoring me. Fyn

ProtectorOfTheEarth: ‘sup @HIGHERthanyourhighness

Anonymous0643: luks scary

Kai: nah, hes cool

HIGHERthanyourhighness: i miss ur food @doubleB dnt b silly

HIGHERthanyourhighness: ‘sup @ProtectorOfTheEarth

HIGHERthanyourhighness: no I luk superior than u lot

writemealetter: idk I missd ur presence here HIGHERthanyourhighness until 2nyt

SMALLtrouble: welcum bck

HIGHERthanyourhighness: I knw. Dis chatroom wud nt survve w/o me

EarsOfTheEarth: nw dis is intrestng XDD

Kai: ouch :’(

 

 

A bubble pops out on the lower right of his screen, notifying Jongin another comment that he clicks right away and takes him into another tab. He waits for it to load while the chat alerts kept coming one after the other, ringing in his ear in soft reminder of familiarity. It sure is lively tonight, he muses.

 

 

dilatedpupil says: :’(

 

 

A small smile tugs up on his cheeks, eyes curving inwardly with respect to the additional degree caused by the minimal change. He scrolls up the page and re-reads the last couple paragraphs, belatedly realizing that such thing can be easily thrown in his Obviously Written In Haste bin for it was one mighty word vomit and doesn’t make any sense at all. He hasn’t posted something as such in a while.

 

The chat alert never stopped, Jongin clicks on the reply anyway.

 

 

Kai says: come here and let me hug you~

 

 

He doesn’t think twice before sending it— at the small corner in his screen, the clock reads one fifteen in the morning. He wonders if the other was really sad.

 

Not a minute later, Sehun’s sending him a private message saying his goodnight and Jongin decides to log out as well.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kris was spread-eagled on the wood tiles, Jongin’s facing the small fan in his boxers and double-XL black graphic muscle tee that flies away with the wind doing nothing to cover his torso when Sehun enters his own flat one winter afternoon. At the sounds of his footsteps Jongin opens his lips and starts singing, voice and mouth surfing along the waves brought by the electric fan. Kris has the audacity to provide his friend the background music.

 

“You show up when I don’t want you to, but it takes you forever when I call for you. Why are you confusing me? Why are you doing this to me??”

 

Kris looks up from the floor, hastily stopping the sounds brought by his lips and tongue and teeth. Jongin stops singing as well. “Sehun, what’s that in the bag?”

 

“Shut up. There’s traffic everywhere.”

 

Sehun’s sigh is very much audible and weighs probably a ton load heavier than the plastic bag he tossed onto the giant angry bird that took home in his floor before he takes refuge in his couch. At least the two knows not to take his throne. “Jongin, the door right across mine is yours. The chances of having a traffic in that small distance is zero to none. Don’t pull a joke on me. I’m smarter than you, .”

 

“You need to get laid, man.”

 

“And you need to pull that shirt off your body. I can see your dark s.”

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow, right eye bigger than the other one, as he slowly turns his body in an angle that his stays planted on the floor. His hair flies all over his face. “Are you saying that you wanna watch me while you lounge in there?”

 

Kris whistles, “You bastard.”

 

Sehun dramatically rolls his eyes. “You two idiots, you can go and have in front of me and still my would be sleeping in this weather.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jongin drawls lazily, slowly turning his whole body that has Kris getting up and paying more attention than ever.

 

“Positive.”

 

Kris reaches for his phone the second Jongin pulls off his tee and raises to his knees. He crawls towards the pale, eyes twinkling alongside every breath that Sehun takes. “Really suuuure?”

 

Sehun gulps, he sits properly, legs opening in a familiar gesture. “Y-yeah.”

 

Then the signature smirk makes its entrance, “What a warm welcome you’re showing me, Sehunnie.”

 

He groans and pulls Jongin towards him in an instant. Jongin laughs, hands securely landing on Sehun’s thighs while Sehun locks his legs around Jongin’s middle. “You just have to be a about—”

 

“What the hell are you three doing?”

 

Just like in those comedy movies that they often watch, they all whipped their heads towards the voice and oh, right, Sehun’s not living alone anymore. Jongin scrambles to get off Sehun’s lock and falls down on his , elbow stinging with electricity when it hit the floor that felt so much better rather than the embarrassment brought by the indecent position he was caught in with his bestfriend by said bestfriend’s stepsister. He tries to bury his face in his palm but cannot decide if it’s better than covering himself up and so he lies in a fetal position instead and plays dead.

 

He wishes the world could actually eat him alive.

 

Kris redirects his camera towards the new intruder.

 

Sehun crosses his legs indifferently, poised and composed within a second. “Jongin’s going to me off while Kris films to watch later and .”

 

“ you Oh Sehun!” Jongin curses faster than the object he had flung towards the pale. He also returns back to playing dead faster than Sehun’s laughter. His limbs are all cold by now.

 

“I’m still filming,” Kris inputs, winking at the smaller female looking down on them with disinterest. He gets a middle finger before the other turns around and slams her door on their faces.

 

“Sehun, is your sister single?” Kris, however, is not affected.

 

Step. Sister.”

 

The taller rolls his eyes and films Jongin instead but not without another question, “Sehun, is your stepsister single?”

 

Sehun pokes his toes on the lump on the floor, Jongin mimes a muffled cry. “Does it look like I talk to her?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah guys, can I have a blanket?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“No?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“I’m freezing.”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“At least turn on the heater?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“No?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

“Why are we friends?”

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

 

 

“I’m busy filming.”

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

doubleB: wers evryone?

Anonymous0758: idk been here for hrs

 writemealetter: yo!

anotheranon: Kai’s late 2nyt

EarsOfTheEarth: wazzup dudes!

Anonymous0758: he’s ol tho

HIGHERthanyourhighness: hes doing some lyf reevaluating

SMALLtrouble: wtf? Ddnt knw he’s capable

doubleB: whut happened?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: tell u wen u rturn

writemealetter: do we get pctures of ur trip doubleB?

doubleB: … no? hahahahaha

EarsOfTheEarth: I have doubleB’s picture :D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: mines better! Also tons of Kai’s

doubleB: release one n u wont see me

SMALLtrouble: can it b used for black magic?

anotheranon: wtf???

HIGHERthanyourhighness: u want one SMALLtrouble? ;D

 

 

Jongin stares at his screen silently while waiting for dilatedpupil’s reply to his last message. Unlike what Oh Sehun had assumed and declared to his fans (excuse his big head, he can barely fit it in his snapback— poor thing) Jongin is not doing some life re-evaluation or whatsoever. What happened in his bestfriend’s flat stays in there – he strongly reassures himself. He is, however, kept busy and quite entertained by his private messages with dilatedpupil for the past hour, exchanging pleasantries and trying to get friendly that he cannot join the other party located in another tab of his browser sadly, but not entirely.

 

A new notification shows up and Jongin clicks on his previous tab, all thoughts of sudden sadness thrown out the window to be forgotten.

 

 

dilatedpupil: not rly. Just happen to come across ur blog tryng to fnd smthing to read (run out of books >.<)

 

 

His fingers hovers above his keyboards just as the chat sounds starts and he starts typing away as well. A small smile tugging his lips.

 

 

Kai: yikes! Dat must be a drastic change frm fyn lit to il-lit :’(

dilatedpupil: quite d other actually hehe. ur good, makes me entertaind.

Kai: dats bs!

dilatedpupil: am I busted?? Haha

Kai: u dare lie to me, d almighty Kai?!

dilatedpupil: oh forgive me ur highness, dis peasant shud knw not to lie in ur presence.

Kai: ur saying ul lie behind my bck?!

dilatedpupil: dear heavens! I will not do such horrible act!

Kai: shall I find u disobeying me, ul be banished frm d face of d earth. Do I make myself clear?

dilatedpupil: very much your highness.

Kai: so…

dilatedpupil: … ???

Kai: … so…

dilatedpupil: …so… ???

Kai: am I really good?

dilatedpupil: puahahahaha

 

 

Jongin’s smile stretches further.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kai: give SMALLtrouble one pic n we’re over hun

 

 

 

-

 

 

There’s a weight preventing him from moving, a lump draped across his body pining him to his other half. Jongin tries to move, slowly recognizing that he might be getting attacked by unexplainable nightmares that may cause his early death. But his fingers are moving and he’s breathing fine albeit a little difficult from the weight on his chest, so he doesn’t panic.

 

Then there’s a voice, whispering in his ears. It’s telling him something, but Jongin’s far too unstable to comprehend the words. Slowly, sleep manages to take over his body once again.

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re back!”

 

Baekhyun looks up from his phone in shock until a smile automatically spreads on his face. Jongin hops on his feet, engulfing the older in his embrace. “I am back.”

 

“How’s your grandma? Where’s my present? When did you get back? Why didn’t you tell me? I could’ve p—”

 

“Don’t ignore me, Kim Jongin.” A gruff voice says.

 

“Sehun,” Jongin breathes in heavily, detaching himself from Baekhyun’s arms, and takes a sit on the chair next to the latter. He screws his eyes on Sehun’s face. “Did you jumped on me while I was asleep?”

 

Sehun mimics a very astounded expression, he’s got his hand splayed on his chest, orbs wide with innocence, and lips cowering in obvious lie. “How—Don’t accuse me of such things!”

 

Jongin rolls his eyes, “I know how your breath smells in the morning. They stink. Anyways, I’m glad your back Baek! I can finally watch movies in peace.” And his voice changes back from unamused to an overly excited intonation, greatly offending Oh Sehun’s presence.

 

“Fine, go ahead and ignore my handsomeness. Pretend that I’m not here while you two each other’s faces.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles and gets on his feet. He disappears from their sight while Jongin and Sehun engages themselves into a staring contest, or some sort of.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I smell someone cooking.”

 

“Why aren’t you leaving?”

 

“I am currently eating.”

 

“Where are your manners?”

 

“Left it in my room.”

 

“Go home.”

 

“Home is where the food is.”

 

“That’s supposed to be home is where the heart is, stupid idiot.”

 

“Same thing, dickhead.”

 

“You have f—”

 

“Heads up!”

 

Jongin and Sehun simultaneously looked over the voice just in time to catch a few things – a pack of snacks from Baekhyun’s countryside for Sehun and a new grey shirt from a souvenir shop for Jongin. Two identical grins makes Baekhyun ruffle their heads. “You two are so easy to please.”

 

“Hah!” Sehun huffs, “Tell that to Jongin. He’s been very excited for your souvenirs.”

 

“Says the one who cannot wait to have real food.”

 

Baekhyun makes a sound by clicking his tongue with the roof of his mouth. “I know, you two struggled without me. But fret not, ‘cause I am back and tonight, we’ll be having dinner at your place, Sehun.”

 

“Why?”

 

“To welcome Luhan, what else?”

 

Jongin tilts his head on the side and asks innocently, “Luhan who?”

 

“You don’t know who Luhan is?” Jongin’s quite perturbed at the way Baekhyun’s looking at him as if he’s suddenly grown two heads. He clearly remembers that Sehun’s the idiot one out of them two. “She’s been living with Sehun for the last few weeks and you still don’t know Luhan?”

 

It takes more than thirty seconds before Jongin sees the puzzle clearly, and when he does, he turns to look at Sehun pretty much the same way Baekhyun had looked at him. “Your sister—”

 

“Step. Sister.”

 

“Your stepsister has a name?”

 

“What kind of question is that stupid idiot?”

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin thinks it’s the first time he’s seeing Luhan so close and without Kris to annoy the older female. He becomes aware of the other’s fair skin that if he is to say, is on par with Sehun’s, and smaller face that if compared to his bestfriend’s elongated visage looks more angelic than Sehun’s baby pictures. But she doesn’t talk much and is behaving pretty much differently from the way Jongin had first seen the girl.

 

Sehun had said earlier that Luhan loves food and maybe Baekhyun has yet again charmed another one with his fantastic cooking abilities.

 

(Jongin bitterly sighs to acknowledge someone as another possible rival in bribing Baekhyun with his magical abilities.)

 

“You’re so cute! Are you really older than all of us here?”

 

Jongin looks up from his bowl of rice to catch Luhan nodding her head shyly at Baekhyun’s amusement with her cheeks filled of bitten food. Luhan is cute. Damn, now Jongin knows why Kris keeps on insisting. He warily eyes the hand touching Luhan— Baekhyun’s also single and simple math is not that hard to compute especially if between guys.

 

“Thank you.”

 

The maroon knitted sweater looks so big on her it might actually eat her alive if it where some unexplainable creature. Jongin, of course, would save her from her death like the knight in shining armor in those fantasy themed movies if that so happens. But then Sehun is leaning on his side to get another fried spring roll and uses his chin to stab him by planting it on his shoulder and Jongin belatedly wakes up from his small stupor and harshly shoves Sehun from him as if shoving the cheesy scene his mind sneakily created.

 

Why was he imagining things already?

 

Still, Luhan is really cute and it fears Jongin that he might’ve met his ultimate muse who’s apparently giving him the stink-eye clearly stating that she has not yet forgotten what happened in the living room much to Jongin’s previous self-denial.

 

What happened in this very flat obviously stayed here and with Luhan just like what Jongin told his pathetic self.

 

Damn what a Karma is.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

writemealetter: wow. Its been a wyl since u updted smthng nt bout fction

doubleB: Kai missed me! Yay!

Anonymous0273: hi

EarsOfTheEarth: ikr!?

SMALLtrouble: is his brain functioning again?

anotheranon: sounds lyk a bf

EarsOfTheEarth: sshhhh…

HIGHERthanyourhighness: Kai is mine !

SMALLtrouble: possessive bff

Kai: I feel loved ^__________^

SMALLtrouble: stupid idiot

doubleB: oh! The bff missed me 2! :D

Anonymous0396: ur making me jelly doubleB *3*

ProtectorOfTheEarth: kai u cud’ve attached a pic, no?

GalaxyOwner: d real q is y am I nt invted 2 d party?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: ur nt welcome

writemealetter: mr. galaxy is here!

EarsOfTheEarth: ‘sup dude

doubleB: oi oi oi

GalaxyOwner: very funy hun

GalaxyOwner: hey writemealetter and EarsOfTheEarth ^^

Kai: wer d hell have u been??!

HIGHERthanyourhighness: touring d galaxy idiot

SilentKiller: kai is so loved I cud tell -.-

writemealetter: love u kai!^^

Anonymous0947: I don’t follow ???

EarsOfTheEarth: kai, HIGHERthanyourhighness, doubleB, and GalaxyOwner are all real frnds

doubleB: thanks EarsOfTheEarth

GalaxyOwner: wers my souvenir?

anotheranon: I tot ders only 3 orz

Kai: is dat a confession writemealetter? ;D

doubleB: kai!!! Come out now! D movie is bout to start!

SMALLtrouble: ur flirting kai

Kai: is someone jealous? :D

SMALLtrouble: I feel sry for u

writemealetter: SMALLtrouble loves u too kai!

SMALLtrouble: can I kill u writemealetter?

Kai: aww~ dnt be lyk dat SMALLtrouble, I wont mind if u love me 2^^

doubleB: KAI!!!!!!!

Kai: tell HIGHERthanyourhighness to leave n ill come out

HIGHERthanyourhighness: no can do

GalaxyOwner: il invite myself over

Kai: thank you

SMALLtrouble: u sound lyk a dsperate 2nd character GalaxyOwner -.-

GalaxyOwner: n u sound lyk a jealous unrequited lover

Kai: pls, dnt fyt over me ^______^

ProtectorOfTheEarth: n wat does dat makes d rest of us??

doubleB: K A I ! ! ! !

Kai: I LOVE YOU ALL GUYS!

EarsOfTheEarth: is dat ur final last words?

 

 

The state of his living room could be compared to the state of his own room but in a good way. Jongin’s nest is a mess and smells of sweat and something suspiciously else (he admits), however, the living room with Baekhyun on a movie night is always filled of food and smells of well, mouthwatering foods. And currently, said housemate is seated on the long couch fussing over a Luhan while the Luhan feeds herself of Baekhyun’s mac ‘n cheese. Sehun’s deposited on the beanbag trying to kill Luhan with his barely-opened glaring eyes and wonderfully arched eyebrows while trying to put on a pathetic face to have Baekhyun’s sympathy and maybe have Baekhyun’s food, too.

 

“I also made dumplings, do you want dumplings Luhan?”

 

Jongin goes over and sits right next to Baekhyun despite Sehun’s silent eye protests of go over there and our friendship is over. (That’s Jongin’s dumplings.)

 

Luhan’s eyes brightens the night and Jongin feels like floating in the sudden starlit sky while the angels sing lullabies. They roam in the air bringing peace and calm to cover the day’s distraught enough to gain strength for the next battle to tackle. Jongin can feel the sudden stillness. He goes and leans his side on Baekhyun’s torso to hide the smile fighting against his untainted lips and unstable imagination. Luhan brightening up because of him sounds amazingly close to heaven.

 

His fingers are itching to write.

 

“Can I?” And Luhan opens and Jongin wakes up real hard because, that is his dumplings Baekhyun’s giving Luhan. He officially understands Sehun’s feelings.

 

He walks away dejectedly from his traitor of a housemate and his bestfriend’s sister all the while looking longingly at his food going from the plate to someone else’s fork and to a pair of small pink lips that was quickly glistened by a swift swipe of an equally pink tongue and oh, Jongin tripped and fell on Sehun’s hard chest.

 

He hugs the other in embarrassment and says, “We only have each other in this world.”

 

Sehun doesn’t laugh and instead cries with him and in times like the current moment is when Jongin appreciates Sehun’s worth the most.

 

Luckily for the two hungry souls Kris came in a few minutes later, after Luhan pointed out how the two of them are wrongfully pressed down together to bring more embarrassment on Jongin’s part and a fresh set of awkwardness on Sehun’s shoulder, with two boxes of garlic and shrimp pizza and Jongin lunges himself to the taller male, dragging Sehun and whispering, “We only have each other in this world.”

 

He thinks Sehun’s starting to rub on him.

 

But Jongin’s got betrayed pretty quick by the giant male upon seeing Luhan’s petite self on the couch. He wants to understand his friends but can’t for the sake of his remaining intelligence. It was like they don’t see women at all and gawks and fusses over Luhan the minute the other shows herself.

 

(Jongin’s only swayed because of the food. He now knows where he should truly stand by—even though Sehun sometimes doesn’t share his food.)

 

At least Kris left the boxes to them and that makes Jongin not mad at all. He’s a happy kid with lots of inspiration to write.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

dilatedpupil: u luk happy

Kai: y? ^^

dilatedpupil: uv been posting nonstop

 

 

Jongin bites the corner of his lips.

 

 

Kai: found a muse :D

dilatedpupil: does dat mean no mor angst???

Kai: angst is lyf tho

dilatedpupil: bt its making me crazy L

Kai: aww I cud be ur dr. XDD

dilatedpupil: u big bad boi!

dilatedpupil: btw, ur a guy ryt? Read ur chat history^^

Kai: yeah. Hbu?

dilatedpupil: I cud be anyting u want ;D

Kai: u sound

Kai: sry, cudnt help it

dilatedpupil: hahahaha

Kai: do tel me if I offend u, k?

dilatedpupil: yes sir!

dilatedpupil: btw, r u usualy lyk dis?

Kai: lyk wat?

dilatedpupil: playful. Ur olways lyk dat wid SMALLtrouble

Kai: only if I lyk d person ;)

dilatedpupil: ur horrible! Hahaha

Kai: bt u lyk it ryt?

dilatedpupil: surprisingly, yes

Kai: knew it!

dilatedpupil: dnt get cocky now (*3*)

Kai: ur cute

dilatedpupil: n ur flrting wid me

dilatedpupil: ur escalating real fast

Kai: n ur surprsngly pliant too

dilatedpupil: only if I lyk d person ;)

Kai: wer hab u been ol my lyf??!??

dilatedpupil: w8ng for u to find me L

Kai: I apologize for making you wait for me L

Kai: w8 his highness is here. Ttyl?

dilatedpupil: dnt make me wait longer, k?

Kai: yes, babe^^

 

 

Sehun has a weird look on his face that Jongin knew he wouldn’t like bec—

 

“You look like something.”

 

“Huh?”

 

He tilts his face a little bit on the side at an angle in which his side profile puts shame to everyone and Jongin tucks his phone carefully on his pocket. “You have this look saying that I’ve-charmed-someone-into-my-trap-and-i-feel-very-much-accomplished. What the are you smoking?”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Have you decided on something yet?”

 

Sehun clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth. “Don’t try and change the subject, you think I haven’t noticed that you’ve been on your phone the whole time I was searching for a gift?”

 

“I guess you haven’t yet. C’mon let’s go to another store.” He makes a stand but falls back down on his with a hard grip on his wrists and Sehun’s face close enough to be categorized as an act of ual harassment.

 

“Tell me or else—”

 

“Or else what?” Jongin bravely challenges, eyes as fierce as Sehun’s could get. He thinks he might’ve heard someone gasping and can feel the tension brought by bated breaths from girls with wild imaginations seeing two, for the lack of better term, hot men being all close and personal with their very eye. He can’t help but wonder if the girls are thinking of their current position turning into an show because Jongin had read quite a few stories involving exhibitionist as a character and Sehun sure knows how to rile people up. His grip on Jongin’s wrist are now around his nape and he’s close enough for the red warnings to start blaring their alarms should he even move a single inch. Jongin wears his smirk but deep down inside, he’s frantically thinking of various new passwords for his phone and laptop. Sehun can be a genius when needed.

 

He’d rather die than have Sehun know of his newest friend, yet.

 

And that’s oddly weird because Kim Jongin doesn’t hide anything from Oh Sehun and he thinks he’ll have a massive headache if he ponders too much for answers to his own questions so he resolves in what his little brain is left with and kisses Sehun right on the lips pretty quick. He wants to throw-up but doesn’t show, Sehun’s turning green rapidly and Jongin would like to get out of there before he becomes the newest toilet seat.

 

“WHAT THE ACTUAL DUDE??”

 

Somewhere behind their backs, he was dead serious he heard gasps and squeals. He mentally prays to the Heavens to forgive him for tainting the lives of these people.

 

“You mean, WHAT THE ACTUAL DUDE!? WHO GOES AND PULLS HIS BESTFRIEND TO BUY HIS GIRLFRIEND A BRA FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENT?!”

 

“I WAS DESPERATE. BUT YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO KISS ME IN FRONT OF EVERYONE! YOU COULD’VE JUST TOLD ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL ABOUT ME! I LOVE YOU MAN, BUT I DON’T SWING THAT WAY.”

 

“AND YOU THINK I WOULD’VE GOTTEN THE GUTS TO TELL YOU? WOW WASN’T THAT HARSH JUST NOW? DO I EVEN MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU?”

 

“You know you mean everything to me—Jongin please, don’t leave. Let’s talk—wait turn back around please—JONGIN!”

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun’s definitely rubbing on him, or perhaps, his imaginations are getting the best of him.

 

“God, couldn’t you think of any better way for us to leave that embarrassing hole?”

 

Jongin crouches down, huffing, beside him, Sehun’s panting from overexertion having run the street to escape and hide. He pats his shoulder and calms him in apology. Sehun only looks at him, but after a moment of just them two staring, of just feeling the touch and searching for anything behind those eyes, they start laughing catching glances from passersby.

 

“Man that was—oh god, what were you thinking Sehun? The shop was full of females!”

 

“I was the one holding the bra, you stupid idiot! It was more embarrassing for me!”

 

“—I don’t think I could go out for a while.”

 

“Don’t be a princess, everyone probably had a good show.”

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kai: I jst dd sumting embrssing

Kai: oh god ….. TTATT

dilatedpupil: hey

Kai: distract me pls orz

dilatedpupil: wat happen?

Kai: ffffffffffff. Dnt. Pls.

dilatedpupil: im lykng dis :DD

Kai: hate u

dilatedpupil: uh-huh

Kai: /groans

dilatedpupil: /smiles innocently

Kai: im rly tryng to h8 u ryt now

dilatedpupil sent a photo

Kai: hu said u can use puss in boots?!?!

dilatedpupil: (*___*) tell me

Kai: nu

dilatedpupil: bt iv bin a gud gurl :(

Kai: no you’re not

Kai: u shud b punished

dilatedpupil: im sorry master, pls forgive me.

 

 

Jongin stares at his screen monitor for far too long and only resurfaces to earth after another indication of chat message.

 

 

dilatedpupil: master?

dilatedpupil: doctor?

 

 

How did they ended up like that again?

 

 

Kai: sorry, got dstracted

dilatedpupil: tot u ditched me. dat wud b so rude of u.

Kai: nah, I cant leave my lil bunny now can i? ^________^

dilatedpupil: yes!

dilatedpupil: now wat did u do?

Kai: .

Kai: h8 u. goodbye.

Kai: gotta do sumthing. Later.

 

 

He opens an old document and continues where he had left off from his alarming story that is yet to be posted.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Title: Mind Play

Author: Kai

Rating: NC-17

Tags: Mature, ,

Summary: “Mister, am I a bad girl?”

Warning/s: May contain disturbing contents, please leave if you feel uncomfortable.

 

 

 

“KIM JONGIN!”

 

His door might’ve blasted from the impact it received from the harsh blow his roommate surely delivered, rousing him from the much needed sleep after forcing himself to finish the story. The last time he looked at the time, it was ten to six in the morning, now its seven fifteen on the same day—he refuses to grunt in distress but couldn’t hide the frustration and does so. Baekhyun, while always been the calm one, suddenly caused a ruckus inside his room, throwing Jongin’s blanket away from him and started—

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! I DID NOT RAISE YOU TO WRITE SUCH INDECENT MATERIAL! WHAT WOULD YOUR FRIENDS THINK? HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF YOUR FANS AT ALL?! STAND UP AND DELETE EVERYTHING YOU UNGRATEFUL BRAT!”

 

Ah, he read it already. Always been the first one.

 

“Shhh… let me sleep,” he curls in on himself, trying to fight off the cold, after all it is still December.

 

“WHA—LET YOU SLEEP?! DO YOU REALLY THINK I WILL LET YOU SLEEP JUST LIKE THAT? C’MON YOU ERT YOU HAVE ONE TASK TO DO!”

 

And he’s pulling on Jongin’s arm, pulling half of his body off of the bed. His eyes are heavy and stings, his mind a blurry of haze, and his muscles calling out for a break, but the cold floor rejects them heartlessly causing Jongin to stand his ground and glare at his friend.

 

“If I’m a ert then what are you? I’ve written a warning there and you still read it. Besides, it’s not like it’s the first time this ungrateful brat has written something so indecent.”

 

Baekhyun looks like a fish out of the water, eyes popping out and mouth opening wide only to close shut in lost for words. Jongin looks smug.

 

“You got hard, didn’t you?”

 

A pause, then a whine. “How can I not?! The girl’s practically offering herself to the hot dude, calling him Daddy, daddy. I didn’t know you’re such a bastard, but oh my god you’re ing talented.”

 

Jongin answers in between laughter, “I knew you’d like it!”

 

 

 

The second time he’s being rudely waken up from his, seriously, needed sleep, it was close to four. But unlike Baekhyun’s furious set of brows, he was met with delighted smiles and excited eyes.

 

“Write more!”

 

Was the only thing Kris and Sehun said after leaving him be.

 

 

 

writemealetter: Im speechless

SMALLtrouble: told u ppl dat he’s brken in d head

EarsOfTheEarth: nw I wonder wats runing in his head

doubleB: dun bother =.=

anotheranon: so? Wat’s he doing?

writemealetter: poor girl TT^TT

writemealetter: his father dsrves to be behind those bars

doubleB: grinning in his fone

SMALLtrouble:  MENTAL

Anonymous0947: is he ok?

GalaxyOwner: dandy ;D

doubleB: wtf?! I read daddy!

doubleB: pls stp I stil nid to live OTL

anotheranon: poor u

Anonymous8431: bt it was good, ryt?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: FANTASTIC BABY

doubleB: u sound lyk a pedo hun

HIGHERthanyourhighness: nah am a saint

SMALLtouble: hardly

ProtectorOfTheEarth: ive nvr seen dis coming

writemealetter: Kai wer r u??

Anonymous0424: is he ashamed nw?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: my man dsnt knw dat word, xcuse u.

EarsOfTheEarth: ohhh

GalaxyOwner: chill hun :D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: I CANNOT CHILL WTF IS KAI DOING?!?!

doubleB: stl in his fone -.-”

anotheranon: fishy

SMALLtrouble: bet he lost 8

SilentKiller: or laughing at us

Anonymous0658: hope hes nt

writemealetter: is he in a rship?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: take dat back.

SMALLtrouble: impossible

ProtectorOfTheEarth: wat if he is?

doubleB: my child is growing TT^TT

GalaxyOwner: am stil here

HIGHERthanyourhighness: NO!

SMALLtrouble: possessive

HIGHERthanyourhighness: shut ur trap

Kai: pls refrain frm fyting :D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: FUKC U

anotheranon: Kai will u wryt a sequel?

writemealetter: Kai!!!!

SMALLtrouble: ur stil alive?

Kai: idk @anotheranon n yes I am @SMALLtrouble

Kai: hello writemealetter

HIGHERthanyourhighness: dnt ignore me

Kai: hello

EarsOfTheEarth: dude ul grow single

SMALLtrouble: obviously =.=

Kai: is dat u saying u love me too SMALLtrouble? ^___^

HIGHERthanyourhighness: u wish

doubleB: il olways be here 4 u Kai :D

GalaxyOwner: count me in!

writemealetter:  me too!

HIGHERthanyourhighness: u peasants he’s mine

SMALLtrouble: ol urs

Anonymous0947: such rship

ProtectorOfTheEarth: #bffgoals

anotheranon: u did nt just hashtagged

Kai: hahahaha

HIGHERthanyourhighness: #shutup

SMALLtrouble: (=.=)

doubleB: aww d trend!

writemealetter: cool

GalaxyOwner: u talking ‘bout me? ;D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: #shutup

anotheranon: burrn

Anonymous0947: it sure is lively 2nyt

Kai: yes! ^__^

EarsOfTheEarth: see? @HIGERthanyourhighness

ProtectorOfTheEarth: winter brk ftw

HIGHERthanyourhighness: IKR @EarsOfTheEarth

doubleB: will we be getting xmas prsents Kai? :D

anotheranon: sequel

GalaxyOwner: I knw wat u want

doubleB: ……

doubleB: he myt give in

HIGHERthanyourhighness: give him dumplings!

GalaxyOwner: il bring pizza

SMALLtrouble: bribery

ProtectorOfTheEarth: its alrdy l8 4 a pizza

HIGHERthanyourhighness: CHEESEBURGER

Kai: gudnyt

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Title: Out of the Loop

Author: Kai

 

 

Jongin was the only one who didn’t knew and for it, he felt betrayed. Somehow, he thinks Kris might’ve warned him about it, through those unsuspecting slew of words he threw from the rare moments they were alone together. The older has a tendency to be weird at times, occasionally blurting phrases that seems to be too deep for him. He had initially thought that nothing could go beyond the word fine and turn, if not whole at least, half of his world upside down.

 

He had cared for her, perhaps still cares—Jongin couldn’t differentiate the difference anymore. He had experienced nothing of the same sort before, being it his first...whatever it is that had transpired between them. They had asked him before if he was in a relationship and he had only smiled to fill the questionnaire, now that he thinks of it, he wonders.

 

Have we wore the signs indicating that we’re each other’s?

 

Sometimes he misses her even with her presence. The other feels like a whole different distance to be near. He never complains though, sheepishly trying to inject his life with the other when Jongin thinks she wasn’t looking around.

 

Other times, Jongin admits he was the one floating in the horizon. Wandering thought the forest to find new adventure and be lost with. He eventually comes back, smelling of freedom and guilty admittance.

 

They could be seen together, but never alone with each other. He plays it safe, shyly bumping his knuckles with the back of her hand. And the reward he gets whenever it happens, fills his lungs with too much air he finds it hard to breathe. (He blushes along with the other.) He plays it dare, from time to time, leaning a part of his body in play pretend of being too tired from his studies. She would coo at him and every endearment, Jongin hears the low hum of their true meaning. (If he’s lucky, he gets to be hugged in public.)

 

Jongin was the only one who didn’t knew and for it, he felt utter shock.

 

Only a few knew of the arrangement between them. It was not that they had kept it a secret, it was the fact that even Jongin himself wasn’t sure of what they are. Somehow, there was something exciting and scary about it, the mixture having brought him different feelings to be stressed most of the times.

 

Surprisingly, it was worth it most of the times, too, he realizes.

 

She had been his good morning and good night, his speed dial, and not a day had passed by without Jongin excusing himself to fish his phone and press on that number one. There as an instance where he had allowed himself to dream of them being in a relationship. But the next morning he was running away with someone else. His action brought them to raising voices against each other spouting words that held baseless foundation and would regret after and later on, hush promises of never doing it again—on Jongin’s part.

 

But promises were meant to be broken and Jongin being a mere human, couldn’t fight back the temptations. They fight again m reconcile again.

 

Fight, reconcile, fight, reconcile.

 

Without them knowing, it had become a nasty routine, keeping their relationship an unhealthy one. Jongin blames himself for being the reason the other feels cold sometimes. (Internally, he also blames her for not clarifying what they really are.)

 

Who knew being a freelances would be so hard?

 

He was sure though, that he could only bring sadness to the other. But it seems like the one above plans otherwise for Jongin was the only one who never knew and for it, Jongin internally cries.

 

Perhaps he should’ve asked why Sehun had been wary of him. It was not like his friend since diapers to keep himself away from him as much as possible. But seeing as the guy had found a soft spot for the other, and the ongoing cold shoulder between them two, Jongin guesses Sehun would never side on him with this one. After all, he had always been the black sheep.

 

What started their shoulders to turn cold though was one thing he was not clear of. Lately, he had been keeping good as far as he can recall. Even having the effort to knock on the other’s door at two forty in the morning just because he madly wanted to see her. (Jongin would never forget the look of mild irritation and pure elation that crossed the other’s rather blessed face.) It might have been only lasted for a few minutes, but Jongin never thought it was such a waste of time spending triple the amount of minutes he had on transport than on his actual purpose.

 

He’d do it again had the other remained just the way she is.

 

Even their circle of friends had shown quite the interest after it was revealed that the other had been in a casual contact with the dude that plays the guitar at the bar they frequent. Jongin thinks it was his karma coming after him. And so the jokes are on him.

 

But at night he prays that the whole exchange meant nothing.

 

His prayers may have not gone through, and he may have drunkenly admitted to the bartender his true feelings about the whole unfortunate situation he was stuck in, one stormy night. For the very next day, the bartender had smiled at him and Jongin couldn’t help but think that he was the only one who never knew what everyone seems to know of and it’s a distasteful feeling he rather wants to leave him be.

 

Brushing even the lightest of skin for that softest touch, he knew what he was chasing. One, two, or maybe it was a couple of times he was caught in the act but each time, the other had a perfect way of bailing out.

 

The end was so close, he might have seen the red curtain slowly unfurling from its binds, and clearly sees their shadows falling apart. Still he was the only one who never knew the real score of their story. The only one not informed of its plot twist and the rather unseen ending.

 

His ears rang of nothing but the thunderous beating of his dysfunctional heart, watching as she take the makeshift center stage accompanied by Baekhyun—the guitarist dude. There are broken pieces of something vulnerable that Jongin choose to ignore, focusing more on the eyes that for the first time, stared right back at him. The lips were moving—relying the writer’s hopeful heart—but the other’s gaze remains unfazed on him, remains pining Jongin in his seat. Next to him, he can vaguely feel Kris comfortably leaning on his chair as if he knew what was coming and Jongin hates the older for it.

 

Sehun can be classified on the same case and Jongin tries to hate him, too.

 

Baekhyun has a grin permanently plastered on his face, totally unbalanced with his rather delicate features and Jongin doesn’t even try to hate him.

 

The lights were dimmed just as the song ends and Jongin panics that this might be it, their final stage before everything loses in disarray. His palms curls in on its own, digging crescent moons on its wake, reminding him of what every guy failed to achieve for a gift in their sugar coated promises. He hadn’t said one of those though, and although he was glad, now he wish he did. If it’s the only way to keep her secretly.

 

Rounds of claps leads her back to his side, all blushing and bashful. Belatedly, Jongin realizes that the lights are yet to return back, leaving everyone with just the candles on each table. The soft glow fills his lungs of something unexplainable, Kris was giving him space though so Jongin couldn’t understand. Suddenly all the knowing eyes are back on him and it makes him sick to know that while it has only been a few pairs before, currently it belongs it a bunch of pairs.

 

“Jongin, are you okay?” She voices out, concerned.

 

It was then as he nods his head he realizes that perhaps, he was thinking too hard about everything he forgot how despite the cold treatment, she never forgot to ask him about his comfort.

 

“Did I surprise you?”

 

He sees past the sincere smile on her lips and connects all the knowing gazes thrown at him with a definite background click. With a mind to grill his friends later on, he slips his hand in her and squeezes.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

dilatedpupil: ur awfully productive l8ly

Kai: n we’r awfully glued to our fones l8ly :D

dilatedpupil: dat I cannot argue

dilatedpupil: hahaha

Kai: so wat hapnd to u 2day?

dilatedpupil: notin much

dilatedpupil: my brother tot it was fyn wanking in the bath wyl im hir -.-”

dilatedpupil: w/o cleaning his mess >:/

Kai: wtf?!?

dilatedpupil: ikr?! He’s cleaning the bath for a yr :D

Kai: ohmygod ur evil

dilatedpupil: haha

Kai: tho he dsrved it

dilatedpupil: tell him dat =.=

Kai: id prolly laf at his face

dilatedpupil: oh u wud

dilatedpupil: he cant luk at me XDD

Kai: im so glad I dnt have a sibling

dilatedpupil: dnt u have a room8?

Kai: yeah, bt we’r cool

Kai: n weird

dilatedpupil: tell me abt it =.=

dilatedpupil: my bros frnds r a bunch of weirdos

dilatedpupil: bt ders dis one guy

dilatedpupil: kinda dumb but he’s cute ;D

Kai: ouch :’(

dilatedpupil: hahaha ul see when we meet ;D

 

 

Jongin’s fingers falters on his keypad.

 

 

dilatedpupil: oi u stil der?

dilatedpupil: Kai?

Kai: yeah. sorry.

Kai: bt did I read dat ryt? Ur finally agreeing to meet me?

dilatedpupil: wat? U dnt wanna see me anymore?

dilatedpupil: ul regret dat

Kai: no! I jst nvr tot ud agree

dilatedpupil: wel gues wat, I also tot u nvr wanna reveal urself

Kai: things change

dilatedpupil: uhuh wat wud writemealetter say once he knws dat

dilatedpupil: and SMALLtrouble

Kai: dey love me tho

dilatedpupil: n ur bstfrnds got a leash on u

Kai: help me escape T^T

dilatedpupil: ohmy is d gr8 Kai asking for my help??

Kai: hes gonna prolly roast me if he knw

dilatedpupil: I wont let dat happen ;)

Kai: u sure ur not my guardian angel?

dilatedpupil: i cant be dat pure hahaha

Kai: spking of pure, do u tink doubleB wud lyk a squel for Mind Play as a gift?

dilatedpupil: only him? ^_^

dilatedpupil: ive been a gud girl master

Kai: dis is exactly wat drove me to finish Mind Play =.=

dilatedpupil: hahahaha

 

dilatedpupil has changed username

 

Kai: do u secretly h8 me?

KaisBabyGirl: shudnt u be flattred?

Kai: hate u

KaisBabyGirl: yeah, love u too master <3

Kai: urgh

KaisBabyGirl: hahaha

KaisBabyGirl: do I get a sequel now too?

Kai: u

KaisBabyGirl: wat position? ;D

Kai: asdjskjdklsdjs

Kai: dats it im out

KaisBabyGirl: hahaha

 

 

It was a wonder how Jongin could immediately form ideas with just that simple exchange of taunting words and by the next two hours, he’s already got himself ten pages full of his sins.

 

 

Kai: im writing n I hate u

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

KaisBabyGirl: u love me ^_^

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Two days after he finished the final product and a day before Christmas, Jongin approaches Baekhyun.

 

“I have a secret,” he starts, immediately acquiring the other’s undivided attention.

 

“I’m listening.”

 

He takes a careful glance on his phone (clearly not missing Baekhyun’s investigative eyes) before inhaling a rather mouthful of air. Baekhyun makes himself comfortable on the couch, lowering down the television’s volume.

 

“There’s this person—”

 

“Let me guess, this person is the reason why you can’t let go of your phone.”

 

“Will you let me tell you the whole story?”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes but allows the younger. Jongin thinks he should ban Sehun from approaching the older for months if his roommate continues showing signs of adopting to the JoKwon incarnate.

 

“As I was saying, this person I’ve met online. She just recently found my blog and through comments we became somewhat familiar until we started chatting. And tomorrow we agreed to meet, like personally meet. Face to face. She’d know how I look and I’d know what she looks like.”

 

“So basically you’re saying that you have a date tomorrow?!”

 

Was that sparkles in his eyes?

 

“It’s not a date and wait a minute, why do you sound excited instead of I don’t know, perhaps angry that I’ve agreed to meet a complete stranger that may or may not murder me and threw my body somewhere far from here on a valley.”

 

“Obviously, you’ve been writing too much. That won’t happen to you.”

 

“I’m glad to know that you care so little of me. What did Luhan do to you?”

 

The older rearranges his position, bringing his legs to fold under his weight while he turns his whole body towards the younger in excitement.

 

“Hush, tell me more about her. What’s her username? Did she join the public chat or just sent you a private one? Is it writemealetter?”

 

Intimidated, Jongin makes a move backwards until the flat of his spine connects with the arm rest. Baekhyun looks predatory with that eating grin on his face. “No she haven’t, her name’s dilatedpupil but recently she changed it into kaisbabygirl—”

 

“YOU ALREADY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND?!”

 

“WILL YOU STOP COMING INTO CONCLUSIONS?!”

 

That shuts the other, but the eating grin remains and Jongin wants nothing more but to wipe it off completely. (He already has more than a few ways in mind on how to Shut Byun Baekhyun Forever.)

 

“Okay, continue.”

 

It was Jongin’s turn to roll his eyes and, “Never mind. I won’t hear anything reasonable from you.”

 

“Aww! Don’t be like that—hey come back here! Jongin this is not over, what would you were on your date tomorrow?!—hey! I’m not finish here! We’re having lunch with Sehun tomorrow! Jong—”

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Kai: I h8 doubleB

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

If Jongin thought that his nightmare ended when he slammed his door to Baekhyun’s insistent calling, the lunch feast with Sehun and his stepsister and Kris is by far the nightmares of all nightmares. It was full on disaster, starting from the moment Kris entered the flat with his hot pink pants that not only hurts the eyes but Oh Sehun’s manpride as well, to that time Luhan suddenly got too close and personal because excuse me I can’t reach the pasta, will you hand it over Jongin? Jongin did not imagine sitting next to Luhan, much more for the latter to lean so close he could faintly feel the brush of her chest on his arm just because of that pasta.

 

(Sehun had given him the eye.)

 

But the exchange gifts happens to be the cherry on top. Whoever suggested that they’d draw lots for their gifts instead of giving it to the person they originally wanted to, was obviously Satan’s offspring.

 

Because why oh why, of all the numbers (1-5) Luhan could pick (“Ladies first, idiot.”) she’d have to guess Jongin’s right number (3). And she looked so happy just holding that rectangular box like it was Valentine’s instead of Christmas. Now he can clearly say, he’ll forever remain in his own flat no matter what Sehun wants or do.

 

And also, why oh why, of the remaining numbers Jongin has to blurt the number five.

 

“You’re gonna love this,” just Sehun’s smile was enough to let Jongin know that he’ll forever remember this day.

 

The color drains from his face once Sehun reveals what was behind him.

 

“How—You came back to the store?!”

 

“Haha. I hope you wear them, they’re very soft.”

 

“ you.”

 

“Love you too!”

 

He was drained, from energy to his mental capability. He was almost on the verge of cancelling the meet up when Baekhyun barged into his room with what looked like his freshly ironed button down and a very mother like smile, like he was so proud of his son for graduating.

 

“Come on, come on. You have a date to go to.”

 

He grunts in irritation, “For the last time it’s not a date!”

 

“Whatever floats your boat. C’mon, go move, take a shower. I’ve got your clothes covered up.”

 

He rolls in his bed, then groans, then rolls again, and groans again. It took about two minutes before Baekhyun successfully threw him in the bath, and another twenty minutes for the older to throw him out the door.

 

The weather must’ve been negative but Kim Jongin is walking the streets. On a Christmas day. With flowers.

 

Damnit it’s not a date!

 

Thankfully, the restaurant he had booked got themselves a nice fireplace that takes almost half of the wall. He reached for his phone, the last message he got from her was eighteen minutes ago, and took the liberty to capture the beautiful dining set—he’s already thinking of making a post. From his place, the sound of the doors opening and the waiter’s cheerful greeting reaches his ear.

 

He fixes his clothes (“An all-black looks incredibly hot on you.”)

 

The sound of footsteps increases by each second, and when it stops, so does his heart.

 

His phone vibrates in his hands,

 

KaisBabyGirl: turn around

 

Jongin wishes he didn’t.

 

Wearing what kaisbabygirl said she’d be wearing was Sehun’s infamous stepsister.

 

“Did I surprise you?”

 

Jongin couldn’t help but wonder why that phrase sounded awfully familiar and just when Luhan had taken the chair across from him, did he realized that she had quoted him.

 

“Are those for me?” She motions at the flowers and like he had just been struck by thunder, Jongin immediately delivers them.

 

“These are cute, thank you, Kai.”

 

Still incoherent, his mind is full of all the things he’d said to her, all the flirtations, and all of—

 

dilatedpupil: bt ders dis one guy

dilatedpupil: kinda dumb but he’s cute ;D

 

“ohmygod”

 

“What?”

 

“You’re dilatedpupil!”

 

She chuckles and oh, they sounded so heavenly Jongin thinks he didn’t mind if Luhan was the receiver of Baekhyun’s supposedly gift, nor did he think it was that bad receiving a bra supposedly for the girl in front of him. There’s still mercy despite all of his wrongdoings.

 

“I think I’m Kaisbabygirl now.”

 

She was shameless, that he realized.

 

“You’re making me embarrass.”

 

She leans her elbow on the table and rests her chin on top, a smile kissing her lips. “Red’s a good color on you.”

 

Jongin can see himself defusing smoke from his ears. “Does Sehun know?”

 

“He’s too afraid to talk to me.”

 

“He’s gonna skin me alive.”

 

“Not unless his cute friend asks me properly on another date,” she winks and Jongin surrenders to Baekhyun.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

KaisBabyGirl: hi :D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: WHO THE ARE YOU?

Kai: my girlfriend :D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: WTF?!?! ARE YOU FOR REAL?!

SMALLtrouble: doomsday

KaisBabyGirl: as real as ur punishment ;p

writemealetter: omg congrats Kai! And KaisBabyGirl!

HIGHERthanyourhighness: CONTINENTAL YOU

Kai: I wudnt say dat if I wer u

doubleB: im stil w8ng for d detailed story

ProtectorOfTheEarth: is dis wer u two breaks up?

SilentKiller: drama

Anonymous0947: congrats!

GalaxyOwner: bro, I tot we’d rmain single?

Kai: sorry man, shes a keeper ;D

KaisBabyGirl: d’awww <3 <3 <3

HIGHERthanyourhighness: GET LOST !

anotheranon: wer dd u come frm KaisBabyGirl?

doubleB: scr8ly chatting w/ Kai

GalaxyOwner: u knew?!

writemealetter: oh! D 1 in his phone?

SMALLtrouble: traitor

EarsOfTheEarth: congrats Kai!

Kai: tnx

Anonymous0582: Idk if id b hapy for u or scared

HIGHERthanyourhighness: dam ryt u shd b scared

HIGHERthanyourhighness: n how cud u doubleB?

Kai: dnt b lyk dat hun

HIGHERthanyourhighness: shut up im nt talking 2 u

doubleB: sry hun, I ddnt knew until ystrday

HIGHERthanyourhighness: bt we kissed! How cud dat happen??

Kai: OI!

SMALLtrouble: I knew ur a cheater

writemealetter: Kai?

GalaxyOwner: wen did dis happen? *o*

EarsOfTheEarth: w o w

Kai: IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

Anynomous0947: u sure?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: he even said he loves me TAT

anotheranon: 2 break-ups

SMALLtrouble: do we make a bet :D

Anonymous0296: KaisBabyGirl is silent

writemealetter: wat if she breaks up w/ kai?

HIGHERthanyourhighness: she will

Anonymous0947: I smel WWIII

doubleB: hun, wer ur sister?

GalaxyOwner: oh she luks dashing earlier :D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: y d wud I knw

Kai: shut up doubleB

doubleB: ^______________^

HIGHERthanyourhighness: HOLD THE UP

KaisBabyGirl: did u throw d trash, hun? :D

doubleB: woops?

GalaxyOwner: dafuq?!

Kai: ;D

HIGHERthanyourhighness: CONTINENTAL YOU!

 


P.S. by the time you finished reading this, im already in hiatus (i need to focus for my board exam, please pray for me guys). and that the hinted NC-17 oneshot there was actually a KaiLu that i haven't finished :p