小宝贝

little darling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kun isn't actually an airhead, in fact, he's a Straight-A student. He's just... oblivious. When other girls and boys flirt with him, he takes the compliments as friendly gestures, leaving Sicheng to fume alone in jealousy. When he smiles at Sicheng, he doesn't know how massive the effect is on the lad, leaving the taller flustered and blushing red.

 

And Kun isn't actually childish, Sicheng prefers to call him sensitive. The innocent boy always cries over the tiniest things; a broken light bulb? Expect tears from Kun's eyes. A sad movie? He'll only be sobbing for the next fourteen hours. A scrape on the knee? Prepare yourself for the waterworks. Sicheng should be annoyed, really. He should be pissed. But how can he even get mad at the most adorable person he has ever laid his eyes on?

 

His embarrassing feelings started when he was seven and Kun was eight. He was the new Chinese transferee, due to his little to no knowledge of the Korean language, he couldn't speak to anyone. Thankfully, a fellow Chinese native came and approached him. The boy gave Sicheng a chocolate flavored lollipop, before introducing himself in Mandarin.  

 

And since then, Kun had been the sole focus of his eyes. Qian Kun. Damn it, even his name sounds adorable.

 

Unfortunately, they drifted apart when high school began. Besides the fact that Kun skipped a grade being the genius he is, Sicheng didn't know how to contain his growing feelings for him and he started becoming awkward, thus creating a gap between them. Before Sicheng could continue his fantasies about the love of his life in the busy hallways, an arm suddenly hangs on to his shoulders, It was so sudden, he almost lost his balance. 

 

"You're such a weakling."

 

Oh, of course. Who else but his obnoxious friend, Yuta? 

 

"Go away, Bakamoto."

 

Each night, Sicheng asks God if he did something so bad in the past that he got the perfect definition of annoying in the flesh as a friend. He's pretty sure that all his life he has only been an obedient child to his parents, why must the Lord punish him with someone like Yuta?

 

Just like any other day, Yuta asks, "So, how's your Kun?"

 

And just like any other day, Sicheng replies with, "I'll ask him out soon."

 

The Japanese boy rolls his eyes and hits his friend with a wave of sassiness. "You've been saying that for the past three years. When exactly is soon? I swear to my mangas, if a decade passes and you're only halfway there, I'll murder you alive."

 

"You'll murder me alive? That doesn't even make any sense. And look who's talking, you still don't have the balls to ask Hansol out."

 

"Do me a favor and staple your mouth."

 

"Do me a favor and-"

 

Their bickering gets cut off when a Poke Ball lands right in front of Sicheng. The pair stares at the ball, confused. Sicheng thinks that whoever owns this has to be some geek that doesn't do anything in their life but lock themselves in their room. Who at this age would even still pay attention to something so childish such as Pokemon? Once Sicheng finds out who owns the ball, he'll-

 

"Oh, it didn't work."

 

Sicheng recognizes the beautiful voice immediately, it was his adorable Kun. The said boy picks up the Poke Ball and pouts. For a second, Sicheng swore he could die happy just by seeing Kun pout, but then he quickly realizes that if his death came now, then someone else might take his Kun and that thought alone already makes Sicheng want to stab himself with a spoon.

 

But wait, Kun is the one that owns the little ball?

 

Okay, he takes everything back. Pokemon must be really interesting and totally not an immature show. In fact, Sicheng will start buying every Pokemon merchandise he sees, plus he'll even start watching the show and even play the games. If Kun likes Pokemon then he likes Pokemon too. Yes, that is his logic.

 

"Huh?"

 

Sicheng wants nothing more than the Earth to swallow him whole because now his love probably doesn't want to even glance at him anymore after knowing how much of an awkward shrimp he is.

 

"Jaehyun said that I'd be able to catch you with this." Kun replies and pouts even more.

 

Sicheng should be focusing on the fact that Kun actually planned on "catching" him, but instead he registers none of the lad's words except for the name Jaehyun.

 

Who is this Jaehyun? How long have they been close? Does this Jaehyun possibly like Kun? Or worse, does Kun like this Jaehyun? Tons of questions start attacking Sicheng. He hasn't even asked out the love of his life yet and he was already taken away from him. Soon, he hears someone calling out his love's name. It must be that Jaehyun. The Chinese boy mentally scoffs, he's probably way more good looking than that man-stealer. Sicheng turns around and suddenly all his self-esteem went from ten to negative ten thousand.

 

Jaehyun the man-stealer actually looks attractive. Even to him, the guy who spent almost his whole life just looking at one person.

 

Sicheng could only watch in despair and rage as the man-stealer casually wraps his left arm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter