Final (Editing)

Okay, Let's Try
Please log in to read the full chapter

OKAY, LET'S TRY

 

[Kim Yeonhee]

I'm a very timid girl. I don't talk to people often and I always keep myself away from others. I don't want they to notice me in any possible way. Why? Because I hate attention.

However, things start becoming complicated when there was a famous senior in our school that confessed to me infront of the whole student in the cafeteria, a day before the summer break started last year.

I'm not used to have people confessing to me. That's why I panicked. "Sorry, sunbaenim." I remember myself rejecting him and ran to the rooftop where no students are allowed to be there. 

Ever since that day, boys make me as their target to be play and girls called me with names (, , , etc) which I don't get it at all. What did I do wrong? Does rejecting someone make us a ? I'm ashamed with the way kids nowadays thinking. They should be more positive and rational. Okay, I sound like a mother here. Ugh, whatever!

Slowly but painful, I become the school toy, especially for the most influenced people of the school, EXO, the kingka and follow by their peasant, the queenka, consist of Jimin, Hyunmi, JungAh and Yoojin.

Almost every single day I got myself bullied, going home with bruises and blood on my face. Sometimes, they even used my locker as a garbage bin. I also experienced myself being locked in the old janitor room for the whole day and being knocked out by the other students during P.E. lesson.

I become more timid than I already am. When I'm outside of school, I always think that if I take a step out from my house, people will try to hurt me. It's just a stupid illusion but I can't help myself from being too cautious. Even my lovely parent noticed the sudden change of my behavior.

Sadly, they can't do anything about it because I keep my mouth shut. I don't want them to know and it will make them worry. Hmm... Maybe it's better that way.

 

******************

 

The weather gets a little bit colder than usual because autumn is visiting. Today, I chose a long maroon scarf that match my uniform color to wear along with a pair of a warm, fluffy glove. I get cold easily and it's hard for me to get well. It usually last a week or two and I hate being sick.It makes me vulnerable. That's why I always being extra careful with my health.

After 15 minutes of walking, I arrived at the school. I greeted the guard like usual and make my way inside where it's warmer.

The hallway is clear, only a few students are busy taking things from their perspective lockers. I walked straight to my locker which is located right next to the staircase and put the unnecessary things away. Before I close the metal door, I stare at the old picture that I pasted in my locker and give it a quick peck. "I miss you..." I muttered under my breath. A small smile find its way on my lips.

The old picture of me hugging my best friend when we were nine years old, brings many memories by just looking at it. We're inseparable but ever since his family flew to Los Angeles because of his father's work, we lose contact with each other but not even once I forgot about him.

He is my best friend, my brother, my secret lover and my life. Hmm... I wonder what is he doing all these years. Did he possibly forget about me or did he already find himself a girlfriend? I want to ask so many questions to him but only if we can meet again. I really hope fate will bring us together again.

"Aha!" someone snatched the picture from my locker, leaving me stunned at the sudden intrusion. I looked at the culprit and saw the stupid, childish panda, Huang Zitao. He walked calmly to his friends with the picture on his hand.

"Did our little missy got herself a boyfriend before? Who is it? Your childhood friend? He's ugly." he said in a mocking tone before he lifted up the picture and display it to the other students that starting to circle around us. They laughed mockingly.

"Give it back, sunbaenim!" I pleaded through my gritted teeth, feeling both humiliated and angry at the same time. I almost cursed at them. I swear, it's out of my control. They just took something precious from me and I need to take it back. That's the only thing that my friend gave it to me before he left and it's way beyond precious.

"Oh~ is our Yeonhee mad? I'm scared~" Baekhyun make a hilarious expression and laughed with the others. I noticed that one person at the back that isn't laughing. He just stood there, staring emotionlessly at me but I can tell that he was curious. He is quite tall and has a fair skin. There's a small mole on his neck. Almost invisible but I don't know how I managed to see it. I've never seen him around before. A new student perhaps? Is he friend with the kingka? Oh, great! More bullies.

"You can keep dreami-"

"Give it back!" I repeat my word and moved forward towards them but before I could take another step, someone yanked my hair from behind. I yelped in desperation. "Stupid !" I recognize the voice very well. It's no other than the leader of the queenka that always in their disgusting three inches make up, Song Yoojin.

"A virus like you shouldn't go near our oppa! Know your place, !" she said, tightening her grip on my hair and I whimpered in pain. Where did she learn to grip like that? I can sense that tears b in my eyes.

Then, I saw Kris approaching me. "You want this?" he smirked at me and look over to his friends at the back. "Well... we'll just let our maknae to finish it for us." he said and beckoned the new guy to come closer. Once he did, Kris handed the picture to him and smirked again, causing a few girls to squeal. The new boy stand rooted on his spot with the picture in between his fingers. His eyes couldn't seem to leave mine. I had no choice but to stare back at him.

"Let's go guys." Yixing said. Yoojin then harshly push me to the cold, hard tiled floor and I was left alone with that guy since everyone also dispersed along with the group. I touched my head. Auch! That girl sure got a nice grip. Hope it's not bleeding or I'll get panic again. No - I can't. Not infront of him.

"Here," a hand appear infront of me all of sudden. I lifted my head and look at the person. He was looking at me with the same bored expression. "Take it or leave it." he muttered. I unintentionally scoffed and push his hand away. "I don't need your help." I chose to stand on my own.

I didn't mean to be rude but he somehow irked me to the guts but I can feel that there is some kind of a 'connection' between us that makes my heart beating faster - and I hate it.

I heard the boy chuckled. What is he laughing about? Am I making a joke right now? Tch! He's unbelievable.

I brush the dust off my clothes and extend my hand towards him. He look at me in confusion. I cleared my throat. "Give me the picture." I demand sternly. "Ah... this?" he held the picture up. I tried to take it from him but he just put the picture inside his blazer.

"This... I'll give it to you later." he calmly told me and lean closer. I closed my eyes out of reflex. I can feel his hot breath lingers on my lips and suddenly, I felt something soft was pressed on my lips.

My eyes automatically flung open as I gawked at his bold action. How dare you! We're at school and he... he just took my first kiss- I mean, peck but still.. "Y-Yah!"

"See you later." he winked mischievously and left the hallway, leaving me alone, standing frozen like a statue. 

 

******************

 

That incident left me with unidentified feelings. All sorts of emotions blast through me but mostly, I am furious that he took my first kiss and because he still keep the picture with him all the time. I can't do anything to take it back since he is always with his friends, EXO. I know he put the picture inside his left pocket of his blazer and I have to contain myself from the urge to strip him forcefully and take the picture back.

As we're talking about Oh Sehun, his name that I found out from the other students that love gossiping about him, I noticed something about him as time passed by. Sehun is a guy that shows his emotionless face all the time but he is actually a playful guy. I thought he is plainly boring but he is obviously out of my expectation. 

And what makes me quite surprise off myself is when I'm with him, I don't feel myself as the timid Kim Yeonhee anymore. I suddenly becoming loud and brave infront of him. Yeah, just with him.

There are times when we accidentally make eye contact with each other and he will wink seductively at me or even make a kissing face directly to me. Sometimes he will walked around with my picture were stick on his forehead, just to annoy me and I will simply reply by rolling my eyes at him.

I finished my lunch and remember that I have Biology class with him after this. I really hope we won't be partners for the upcoming experiment task which was reminded by our teacher last week. Exiting the cafeteria, I quickly make my way to take my books from the locker. Once I got everything that I need, I close the door and I were surprised by a long arms that is securely placed around my waist, followed by something wet on my left cheek.

I know what that Oh Sehun guy just did. Seriously... "Did you just kiss my cheek?" I asked angrily and he grinned. "No," he smacked his lips onto mine for a few seconds before he inched away. "I just kissed your lips." he said like it's a normal thing to do and spun me to face him. 

I am aware that students are looking at us with wide eyes. Well, who wouldn't freak out if a handsome, hot kingka just kissed a loser? I can't say a thing because it's weird for me and others but not to Sehun. I inwardly sighed. Maybe this is his type of bullying and of course it will attract other people and they will call me... again. Aish! I've should've known it.

"Let's go to the lab together." he said to me and turned to where his friends are standing. I suddenly feel hot. Did they saw the kiss too? "Bye guys. Gotta get going." he waved to them and drag me to the lab on the third floor.

Once we get there, I saw Mr. Lee is already in his seat, scribbling something on a piece of paper. He saw us standing at the door. "You're late." he stated, uninterested. I bowed apologetically and push Sehun's arms away. Then, I went to take my seat at the very back of the lab. The boy copied my action and sit right next to me. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"You're cute when you're angry." he whispered to me and gave my hand a light squeeze. "I hate you." I muttered and he grinned in respond. "Don't worry, I love you too."

 

******************

 

It's been two months since my first encounter with Sehun and things are pretty much doing the same. I am still a pathetic victim of the bullies when I'm on my own but they leave me alone when I'm with Sehun.

I am still the timid Kim Yeonhee but truthfully, I am seriously aware that having Sehun presence around me makes me a lot braver. Slowly, he managed to drag me out from my safe zone and let me explore new things. Without me knowing, I often raise my voice a lot until I gain public attention which I genuinely hate it at first but now I feel.

Please log in to read the full chapter