Who Is she?

Lee Hi’s the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Who is she?

 

It’s only a day away from the school Music Festival. The past week has been eventful for Lee Hayi. She collapsed from exhaustion and had a fever and a few days after she got herself a boyfriend. Everything is fine and dandy in her life if only her best friend would stop acting like a complete brat. 

 

Han Bin has been giving her the cold shoulder. He doesn’t sit next to her in class anymore. He doesn’t try to bug her with copying her homework or asking help for their school work. She’s just thankful that Jae Won has been constantly keeping her company when she’s not in class.  He would even hang out with her and Su Hyun from time to time. The music club has been busy since the festival is happening the next day.

 

Han Bin and the other guys are focused on their dance performance and their rap number with Hanna. Bobby is still his usual self although Hayi barely got to see him too since he and Han Bin are practically tied to the hip. The other boys in the class are still the same although she kind of feels like there is a sign on her forehead that says she’s off limits. She didn’t mind that though. She’s just sad that her best friend of many years has been acting up.

 

“Are you ready for tomorrow,” Jae Won said as he sat down next to Hayi in the cafeteria. “I got you chicken sandwich, fresh green salad and  orange juice.” He placed the food in front of her.

 

“Thanks!” She smiled at him. She just forgets all her worries when Jae Won is around. “I’m ready I think. I just don’t know what I should wear. I’m going to ask Su Hyun to come with me later for a bit of shopping.”

 

“Isn’t she getting ready for the competition tomorrow? I don’t mind going to the mall with you if you like,” he offered.

 

“Really it might get boring. You know girl shopping is not like how you guys shop. We take a lot of time trying to figure out what we want to wear,” she explained.

 

“I know. I can handle it. I’m a very effective shopping companion,” he said.

 

“Okay, if you say so,” she agreed. Hayi got curious all of a sudden. Jae Won was pretty confident about going shopping with her like he’s done it many times before. She then realized that he’s probably dated a lot of girls in the past and it isn’t the first time for him to accompany a girl during shopping.

 

She mentally scolded herself she didn’t want to be the crazy jealous girlfriend.

 

“I’ll wait for you in the common area after school is done for the day,” he said. She nodded in agreement then started eating her lunch.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Han Bin has been avoiding his best friend. Hayi got herself a boyfriend now and somehow he felt replaced. He’s no longer the most important guy in her life. He knows he’s just a best friend but it just feels upsetting that he’s been replaced by someone else. He kept reminding himself that he’s just a friend and guy friends don’t get jealous of their best friend’s boyfriend.

 

He should be happy for Hayi. Jae Won-sunbae seems like a really nice guy but for some reason he’s still upset. Even Bobby is spewing nonsense about him being jealous. He’s not jealous. He just feels left out.

 

During lunchtime he wanted to finally talk to Hayi but she was with Jae Won again. They’re even lunch buddies now.

 

“You’re still sulking?” Bobby asked him. “You really need to talk to Hayi. She’s been asking about you. Stop whining. It’s normal for a pretty girl like her to start dating. You of all people should know that. I mean you’ve been scaring her fan boys away since primary school. Her dating someone is bound to happen eventually.”

 

“I know. It just that she’s got another guy she can run to for help. He’s going to be number one in her speed dial instead of me. She will consult him when she’s confused instead of me. I just feel like I’ve been replaced,” Han Bin admitted.

 

“Dude you sound like a jealous girlfriend. Su Hyun is handling this better than you and she and Hayi still try to spend time together despite her being busy with practice and Hayi’s been spending more time with Jae Won hyung. Su Hyun is doing just fine though,” Bobby said. “Are you sure you’re not jealous because you actually like Hayi too?”

 

“Me, like Hayi? You’re crazy man. She’s just like a sister,” Han Bin tried to reason out.

 

Just in time Jin Hwan and Chan Woo passed their area. “Han Bin-hyung, are you sick? You look as red as a tomato,” the maknae of their group asked.

 

“I’m fine. I guess it’s just a little hot today,” Han Bin reasoned pretending to fan himself with his hand.

 

“The weather is actually refreshing. It’s just the right temperature,” Jin Hwan contradicted. “Are you sure you’re not sick?”

 

“I’m not!” Han Bin retorted.

 

“Okay, relax we get it. You’re okay. You’re just fine. You’re not jealous at all,” Bobby joked.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Jae Won waited for Hayi in the school dorm’s common area. He can’t help but feel worried. Since Hayi seems a little gloomy and he figured it’s because her close friend Han Bin has been ignoring her lately. He actually wants to commend the guy for knowing that he can’t be too close to Hayi anymore now that she’s dating. He’s not against them still being friends though. Those two practically grew up together but he wants Hayi to be able to relay on him more.

 

She finally came down from her dorm room. She was wearing a simple pink sweater and dark denim skirt and a pair of sneakers. Her hair was in a simple bun and she looked very pretty even without make up on.

 

“Sorry if I kept you waiting,” she said as soon as she arrived.

 

“It’s no big deal. The car just arrived anyway,” Jae Won replied. He took her hand and they walked hand and hand on the way out of the school grounds.

 

Waiting outside for them was a fancy looking foreign car. The driver was standing next to it patiently waiting for them.

 

“Wow I feel so under dressed for that car,” Hayi commented. Jae Won just laughed. He opened the door for her and helped her in.

 

“It’s our family car. My parents are both away and I barely use it because I live in the campus but I can call for it anytime if I need a ride. We can use this later on when we visit your home,” Jae Won said.

 

Hayi felt a bit overwhelmed. She didn’t expect to be riding in a very expensive car going to the mall.

 

The driver brought them to Shinsegae Mall in Gangnam. It’s Hayi’s first time to be there. She’s not one who’s familiar with expensive brands so Gangnam is completely off her raidar.

 

“Okay this place looks a tad bit too fancy for me,” Hayi said as they got out of the car.

 

“This one is on me. I’m going to look for clothes for myself too. Actually Mino is probably there now shopping,” he said. He took her hand and gently squeezed it. “Trust me okay,” he muttered.

 

They went to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter