Finding a way to be with you

Lee Hi’s the One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finding a way to be with you

 

It’s the first time for Jung Jae Won to attend the music club meeting after much prodding from Kang Seung Yoon.  He sat at end of the long table where he has direct view of anyone coming in the room.

 

“Hayi will be here in a few minutes,” Seung Yoon commented as he started writing their agenda on the white board. “I actually didn’t expect you to be here.”

 

“I just thought I’d see what you guys are up to,” Jae Won said nonchalantly.

 

Tae Hyun, Jin Woo, Mino and Seung Hoon all entered the room and the expressions on their faces at the sight of Jae Won are priceless.

 

“Dude you’re here,” Mino exclaimed then he slapped Jae Won’s back really hard that the latter coughed.

 

“Yah!” Jae Won stood up. Mino hid behind Tae Hyun and Jin Woo then playfully stuck his tongue out.

 

“Don’t be angry. Mino just couldn’t control his excitement that you’re here,” Seung Hoon explained.

 

“I can’t believe my Hayi is around that rabid dog,” Jae Won commented.

 

“My Hayi?” Jin Woo blurted then smirked.

 

“You call her that but you just met her a few days ago. She’s been hanging out with us since the term started,” Tae hyun challenged.

 

“Chill guys, Jae Won took an interest in finally attending our club activities isn’t that a good thing,” Seung Yoon pointed out. “Regardless of his reason for being here let’s just be happy that he’s here.”

 

“That’s the cheesiest statement I have ever heard Mr. President,” Mino exclaimed.

 

“Shut up! You should be backing me up,” Seung Yoon retorted to his vice president.

 

Katie Kim, Kim Ji Soo, Jennie Kim and Jang Hanna arrived in the room and waited for other members to arrive. Other senior and 2nd year members came in a few minutes later.

 

“Mianhe!” Hayi said as soon as she reached the music room.  She looked tired from running. Behind her were her friends and classmates from the same year who also looked exhausted from running, Su Hyun, Han Bin, Bobby, Jun Hoe, Jin Hwan, Dong Hyuk, Yun Young and Chan Woo.

 

“We came from our joint PE class we barely had anytime to shower, change clothes and make it here on time,” Hayi explained.

 

“It’s all right. I guess everyone is here now so we can start with the meeting,” Seung Yoon exclaimed.

 

Hayi sat in between Su Hyun and Han Bin.

 

She wiped the sweat on her face with her handkerchief. She noticed that directly across from her seat was Jung Jae Won who was staring at her. She suddenly felt her face feeling hot.

 

“Are you sick?” You’re turning tomato red,” Han Bin whispered to her.

 

“I’m okay It’s just a little hot in the room that’s all,” she said then she used her hands to fan her face. She avoided looking at Jae Won by focusing on Seung Yoon discussing future club activities.

 

Han Bin handed her a piece of notebook-size cardboard. “Here fan yourself with this,” he said.

 

Hayi smiled in gratitude at her friend’s gesture. She can always rely on Han Bin’s thoughtfulness. She noticed the Jae Won was still staring at her. She wasn’t exactly sure about the expression on his face. Was it a questioning look? Is he trying to challenge her with a staring contest? She arched her eyebrows in defiance and so the staring contest ensued.

 

Jae Won saw how the boy next to Hayi handed her a cardboard. Who is he? And why is he situated too close to her. And the sassy girl who initially avoided his gaze eventually arched her eyebrow at him. He had a little internal evil laugh going on inside his head. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter