Second Chance (1)

Bungou Stray Dogs Oneshot Universe

Title: Second Chance
Author: userinfo.gif?v=17080?v=139.8blaqkyouya /kyouya-sama
Length: Oneshot
Pairing: Odai (Dazai Osamu-Oda Sakunosuke)
Rating: NC-17
Genre: Angst, Dark, Drama
Summary: Dazai required the book to bring back Odasaku in the end

Chapter 1

I wished for death even before I knew it, deep down I remembered. I lost people who was important to me and I knew even facing death wouldn’t bring them back. I thought I could at least meet them again and apologized for unable to protect them. I was careless, naïve, and an idiot who thought everything could be better if I tried to be a decent human being. Yet, no one decent would be in a mafia.

“Odasaku, are you hurting anywhere? Do you need more water?” Dazai’s voice brought me back from my thought. We were sitting inside a café and Dazai was drinking his coffee while the young waitress complained how Dazai never paid for his drinks. I smiled to her sympathetically.

“I’m fine, just a bit nervous, I guess…” I lied

“Ehhh, even Odasaku can be nervous?” Dazai joked as I smiled. He seemed to notice I was thinking something else but didn’t press the matter.

It had been a week since I was raised from dead and Dazai had been filling me all the things I missed. Dazai was working with a detective agency now and I could see it changed him in a good way. I could barely saw Dazai’s dark eyes which were everyday occurrence back in mafia days.

“Don’t worry, you’re an ability user and your ability is so useful, more than mine to be honest. I’m sure the president will approve you. I’ve even asked my old connection to persuaded the president to accept you,” Dazai spoke,” All that left is the test and you’ll do just fine, Odasaku! I mean even I passed!”

I laughed nervously, this time being sincere. Dazai had asked me what I wanted to do with my second chance to live again. I honestly didn’t know and then he suggested that I joined his agency to help people. It didn’t sound bad so I accepted. I kind of looking forward working with Dazai like old days.

“It’s almost time, as much as I want to piss off Kunikida-kun for being late, the president is another matter,” Dazai finally spoke as he got up and I followed. Before leaving the café I paid for my drink and Dazai’s, getting big thankful eyes from the owner. We walked to the corridor and Dazai pressed the elevator. Actually, this café was in the same building as the agency.

I followed Dazai into the elevator as we reached the agency floor. As soon as the door opened, I pulled Dazai away as he managed to avoid a pair of legs on his face. I saw this event before the door opened and it clearly caused Dazai and the other person with glasses surprised.

“See! Even before you join us, you already save me from Kunikida-kun’s kick!” Dazai cheered as this Kunikuda person cursed and fumed. I bit my lips, didn’t know what to do. But then, a deep voice greeted us as Dazai and Kunikida stopped bickering; I had to hold my laughter, seriously.

“Are you Oda Sakunosuke?” a man in traditional Japanese cloth asked as I bowed and introduced myself. The man named Fukuzawa and he told me to follow him to his office. I did what I was asked as I looked back at Dazai, who’s waving and smiling at me.  Soon, we’re inside his office and there was no one else.

“I didn’t expect to see you again in this circumstance,” he spoke as I was left confused. It took me another second to realize I had met this person before and it was not in good circumstances. This’s bad.