Chapter One

Imperfectly Made for You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Imperfectly Made for You: Chapter One

 

It’s past two in the middle of the night, seven hours since her Nero stiletto heels have first clacked and tapped the gates of one of the hottest and chaotic joints the in youthful Hongdae district. Club Inferno, where angels become demons, and the immoral, gods. That’s what the sign near the platform says, Krystal remembers, as she vigorously swings her buzzed head to the beat of an unknown electrohouse mix, grinding down from one lust-driven partner to another, only to tease, grin then leave the boys hanging just when they obviously couldn’t keep their hands to themselves anymore.

Tonight was her game, and she wants no one but her controlling it. Blame it for the glasses of alcohol she’d had throughout the night for liquid courage. But whether that was the case, or she really was a vixen waiting to rise, she had to admit, it was amusingly fun. Playing with people, reeling them in, and then dropping them, like hot potatoes, the moment they took the bait.

But of course not when it’s you. Her mind reminds her. But before this turned anywhere serious and emotional again, the feel of her eyes quickly turning damp, she immediately shuts the thought off with a wave of her hand and willed herself to focus more on her boy toy for the past, and possibly only until the next, 10 minutes.   

Now, before anyone could typecast Krystal into this party femme fetalle, let it be known that this is NOT how Krystal Jung Soojung usually spends her Friday nights. Oh-no, usually, she would rather stay at home, listen to random music, at times favorites in repeats, doing mostly nothing and basically just chill. She had the whole weekdays to deal with annoying suitors so why would she want the same? Tonight though, it had to be different, because this day turned out quite differently than how our protagonists had expected, trusted, it to be. This evening was made as a choice; between staying home and drowning in tears and self-contempt OR this. This for her seemed to be the lesser evil, maybe at least through clubbing she could forget.

 

 

With her sheer blouse sticking to the back-locks of her bra with sweat and her legs numb with fatigue from non-stop dancing and popping, Krystal finally feels the effects of the energy drinks she took throughout the night wane down. So finding her best friend nine o’clock, she hand signals a gun triggered happy to her skull. Her companion immediately getting, what was in their speaks was Let’s take a shot.

The other girl, also getting the packaged “call a friend, lose the stranger” message that comes with the signal, swiftly combs through the crowd, grabs Soojung’s wrist, and whisk them both away from the poor oblivious blonde haired boy, all in time before the DJ changes the dance mix to I don’t fucc with you by Big Sean feat E-40.

By the time the first notes of the new track hit, both girls were already out of sight, and the ex-boy toy was only left scratching his head the moment he open his eyes and realized his partner, whom he probably hoped to bang that night, had vanished.

 

 

««««

“Now let me hear the Ladies of the House MAKE some NOISE!!!!”

“YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “ YOU KAI!!!!!“ “YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!”

“Can’t here em babes! How ‘bout ALL THE UGLY PEOPLE BE QUIET!?!”

 

“YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “ YOU!!!!“ “YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!”

“YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YOU JERK!!!!“ “YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!”

“YAHHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHH!!!!!!” “DIEEEE IN HELL!!!!!“ “YAHHHH!!!!!!” “YAHHHHH!!!!!!”

««««

“OoWH Yeh! There you A-AT! WHOoooOOOOO! Now yeoh move em buns to the tunes for them “we don’t give a damn fucc bout!!!!”

WHOOOOO!!!!! “HELLLL YEAHHHH!!!!!”

 

“Hahahah what the hell are you doing screaming like mad you baby giant?!” Krystal flushed scarlet, chuckles as she slings her arm over her best friend’s shoulder leading them further away from the dance floor.

“Well WHY NOT?! YOU KAI! WE DON’T GIVE A A’ BOUT YOU!!!!” Sulli leans back towards the crowd and screams her heart out in time to be in sync with the mad house.

“Hahahaha Stop it Sul, let’s not talk about that …” the girl replied but with a second flicker of sadness in her eyes and voice trailing. She hoped to hide it, Krystal thought she did, but nothing gets passed this friendship.

 “What?! Stop acting so prissy, trust me Krysy, try it! It’s emancipating!! Hahaha Plus, ing no one cares about him here”

“And no one should, so let’s stop talking about him. Okay? And really, my throat’s on fire, we need… Hmnnn… I know~ I know~ ALCOHOL to tame it.”

Rather Aegyo for a drunken Soojung, Sulli thought. Nevertheless getting the hint to change the topic, Sulli just mentally sighs and jointly laughs at the joke her best friend desperately made. Yep, nothing gets passed this friendship.

“HAHAHAHA”

In their drunken silliness both continue laughing their hearts out as the two BFFs pitifully stagger left and right, in all directions but towards the bar. With Sulli almost getting in a cat fight when in a fit of cray cray she drinks off another girl’s cocktail throwing it a second later to the crowd empty and muttering a “You’re welcome ” to the girl. 

Of course before anyone could react, the two quickly ran to and dissolved amongst the crowd, dancing a number or two before finally having enough lucidness to reach the holy grail of liquid psychology safely.

The bar.

 

“Two Vodka on the rocks please~” Sulli says in a slurred Aegyo and a lopsided grin slamming a couple of crumpled bills in the black marble counter. 

 

“I see the dawn of a new beginning

This time, this time we can't go home”

 

“YAH! I don’t want that, get me another Cosmopolitan.” Krystal complains doing a languid roll of her now heavily dilated eyes while leaning her slowly failing body at the counter.

Sulli scrunched her face in response to the girly drink; then shrugs her shoulder in nonchalance, “More for me then. Two Vodka on the rocks AND a Cosmopolitan for her please~ hahahaha” 

 “SULLI!!!! You old drunkard!” Krystal responding in a tease, attempts to poke her companion on the cheeks but ended up pointing accusingly at the girl when she couldn’t estimate the distance right.

 “Hahahha. Oh~ I’m scandalized.” Patting her chest, and tossing her hair as if in proud recognition of her great achievements in life, the girl in turn accepts the freshly concocted alcoholic beverages and clicks her two glasses over her companion’s Martini shaped drink.  

“To tomorrow?!”

“To tomorrow!!!”

Glub.Glub.Glub. The girls down their drinks in one go slamming the empty glasses back to the bar seconds later.

“BURPPPPP”

“Yah Sulli that’s disgusting!”

“Hahahha well, you’re welcome Soojungie~”

“Ugh don’t give me that Aegyo I’ve had enough from today”

 

 

Flashback:

 

Late afternoon, rear area of the school grounds behind a building, classic.

 

A handsome boy, fit to be cast in a boy band… yet he did ballet? Okay. Ballet boy band… was standing a few meters away from Krystal; his eyes indifferent but voice firm.

“Let's break up.”

 

“What?” Krystal was nothing short of shocked with what she heard. Did her boyfriend just say he wants to break up? She hopes she just misheard the words but her pounding heart thinks otherwise. But. But. But. She doesn’t understand. Why?

...

...

Please log in to read the full chapter