This is Time

This Is Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

REMINDER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. 

THIS IS TIME

 

 

Chilly night at the Han. Hae called Dara's phone and asked to meet her there to talk to her about a matter that needs to be discussed. Dara just returned from Japan, in high spirits, bringing a box of sweet pork buns for Hae.

 

Sandara: (breathes out, standing in front of him at the steps overlooking the Han River) Love, I'm sorry I'm late. I overslept and didn't hear my alarm—

 

Donghae: (smiles at her and pats the space next to him) It's okay…At least you are here now. That's what matters, right?

 

Sandara: Of course. Here! I've got something for you~ I got it from this small place in Shibuya. Everyone says it's a best-seller. I want you to try it.

 

(Donghae just looks at her and shakes his head. Mouthing a quiet thank you, he transfers the box of buns beside him and just continues to look at Dara.)

 

Donghae: You look happy.

 

Sandara: (crinkles her nose in confusion, leans forward to give a little peck on Hae's lips, and gets all the more confused when he doesn't answer the kiss) I am happy, of course. Good vibes only, remember?

 

Donghae: (gives a wry smile at the statement and sighs before turning a little bit to the right to grasp Dara's shoulders) We need to talk, love.

 

(Sandara straightens at the statement, knowing that Donghae has not used this tone of voice—his I-mean-business voice—on her before. Donghae feels a little sullen at the shift of her posture. She looks perfect—her fixed smile wavering at the corners a little and half of her face was illuminated by the light of the moon above them.)

 

Sandara: Talk? Of course. You called me out here to talk, right?

 

Donghae: Well…yeah…yeah. I didn't think you'd come out here this late, though. I mean you just got home from Japan—

 

Sandara: You know I'd drop just about anything just to go to you. You always do the same for me.

                                    

Donghae: (feels a prick on the chest upon hearing the previous statement but still decides to go on with his decision) I know…I know. Believe me, I know.

 

Sandara: Hae, is there something wrong? Why are you talking to me in this doubting voice again?

 

Donghae: (dodges her question and proceeds to ask her as he had planned) Have you read the comments on your Instagram? Or any of your SNS?

 

Sandara: Those shippers' comments? I…I have. I have, Hae. But you do know what they're saying is not true, right?

 

Donghae: I know it is not. But everyone is assuming that every bit and grit of nonsense they see in those comments are the truth.

 

Sandara: (looks at Hae with a dubious look on her face) You're doubting me. Hae, we've talked about this a lot of times. There is nothing between me and Ji Yong.

 

Donghae: (sighs out loud, rubbing his hands together) The fans seem to think otherwise. Dara-yah, do you ever read the comments on your SNS?

 

Sandara: I cannot believe this. You are doubting me, Donghae. I told you nothing they would ever say would make me change my mind about you. I cannot believe you would let a few photos—

 

Donghae: (scoffs a little before interrupting her) A few photos? Guaranteed, they were but do you really think I am that shallow?

 

Sandara: Frankly, I do not know what to think anymore. I uploaded those purikura photos because we took it and I thought they looked cute!

 

Donghae: (shakes his head, stands up, and begins to pace in front of her) You really think it was because of those pictures, huh? I was just asking you if you have read your SNS comments and you're here, spouting some nonsense about me doubting you.

 

Sandara: (gets a little bit annoyed whilst thinking he only called her out to ask her such a random question) If you are going to ask me a question as ridiculous as the one you asked just now, you could have just messaged me, Hae. To think that I was actually excited to see you—

 

Donghae: Wow, now what I am saying is nonsense. Dara-yah, I was just asking you a question. I just wanted an answer. (he explains quickly, sitting down on the step lower than where she was sitting)

 

Sandara: (feels apologetic afterwards) I'm sorry, Hae. I'm just tired… (takes his hand on hers but feels his resistance) …I read the comments…

 

Donghae: You have. Dara-yah, do you even know what they are saying about you?

 

Sandara: Yes…

 

Donghae: Dara-yah, I don't like it when people call you names that aren't even supposed to be associated with your name.

 

Sandara: Leave and let live.  Honestly, Hae. People will hate. I've been through so much—

 

Donghae: Which is exactly why it is not okay to have these comments on your SNS sites! I know you cannot stop them from commenting but Dara-yah, I cannot bear to see your name tarnished because of what they are writing about you. I know Ji Yong means well, spending time with you and your other friends…but why—

 

Sandara: I knew this talk is about the Daragon ship. (shakes her head at Hae, looking a little bit disappointed) I thought we were over this. We talked about this a lot of times. We even attended their concert—

 

Donghae: A measly ship brought on by fans who cannot seem to read between the lines is the least of my worries. Your image is being tainted and I worry for you. Very much.

 

Sandara: You know what? Maybe we should call it a night. We are both very tired and you have a long day tomorrow. I don't want this night to end in a fight—

 

Donghae: (his eyes widen and he realizes that she thinks they are fighting) A fight? Is this what we are having right now?

 

Sandara: Hae, just let it go. We can sleep on this—

 

Donghae: If it's a fight you want, then a fight is what you will get. Dara-yah. (raises his voice a little when she gave this look) I thought when you said you were going to go to Japan, you would be going to be with Yuka. At least, that is what you told me.

 

Sandara: I was out with her! I sent you dozens of pictures so you would know what I was up to.

 

Donghae: Then you had to hang out with Japan's Team Dara again. (says it in a scathing tone which Dara didn't miss)

 

Sandara: You know that in some way or another, meeting up with them is bound to happen. If you are here to insult my friends, you better stop—

 

Donghae: Friends? (scoffs, raising his voice) Just months ago, you were saying you were with those people there but you felt alone, lonely. You were out—and I saw it all… you had all those pictures. Even that one picture where you looked drunk and high as hell, Dara-yah. Friends look out for each other. Did they even do that to you?

 

Sandara: They took care of me that time!

 

Donghae: How exactly? By getting more drunk than you? What a great job they did, Dara-yah. Should I thank them for doing it?

 

Sandara: Hae, I brought Hyoni this time. I already apologized for last time. You know Hyoni can take care of me—

 

Donghae: It sure looked like you two were having twice as much fun. It didn't look like she was taking care of you—

 

Sandara: She came as a friend and she can enjoy as much as she wants. She is not my babysitter, Hae!

 

(Both are now standing with their chests jutted out in a fighting stance. Passersby weren't listening, assuming the two were just a normal couple having relationship issues. The quiet Han was not so peaceful anymore, the air hanging above them like a life line waiting to be cut.)

 

Donghae: She is not your babysitter, yes, I know that. But a true friend knows how to enjoy and also knows when to say you're crossing a fine line already.

 

Sandara: Are you insinuating that she is not a true friend? She has been there for me all this time. She accompanied me when I go out, giving me the time of day when need be.

 

Donghae: I am not. For heaven's sake, Dara-yah! I have never questioned you about who you are hanging out with. I have always been honest about what I think of them and when I told you before I do not mind you hanging out with them, I meant it. What disappoints me is that they could have at least done more.

 

Sandara: I don't go about forcing my friends to take care of me. I'm telling you again, I can take care of myself!

 

Donghae:  You think you are, but we both know you are not. You take care of so much people in your life, you're doing so bad in taking care of yourself. Bom-noona would be stopping you. She knows what you're doing isn't good for you anymore. And don't you dare interrupt me in this because you know it is the truth!

 

Sandara: Now, that is just insulting me. Hae, take that back.

 

Donghae: No! I've been crazily hiding all these thoughts in my head for the past months. It's going to drive me mad if I keep on holding it in. Dara-yah, if I could be that one person to bear everything that is worth it for you, I would. But I cannot do that…no, I will not do that because you're getting used to people defending you in every way even though you're crossing the damn line already.

 

Sandara: What the hell are you talking about, Hae?

 

Donghae: Everything was on supposed to be only for good vibes? Well, you overstepped that line. I have never seen anyone taking having good vibes so far as you are doing.

 

Sandara: How so? Last time I checked, I was having fun with life. I was having fun with them. I was having fun with you.

 

Donghae: You were having fun with me? Really, is that all there is? Having fun is what equates to good vibes?

 

Sandara: Leaving all negativity behind is what I meant by good vibes. I wanted to clear my mind of all those things shippers, fans, and haters say about me.  I don't want them to ruin all that I have ever worked for. I just want to be happy, Hae. I thought you understood that.

 

Donghae: That's exactly where the problem is, Dara-yah. Ignoring them whilst knowing they are there won't solve any issues you have with yourself.  (takes the sit down, calmly looking at the beautiful Han before taking his phone to go check on something)

 

Sandara: (calms down, sits beside him, and takes his hand in hers) I was afraid. I still am.

 

Donghae: I know. I know, that's why have to put some sense into you. Funny how you were that person for me before. And now here we are. (fumbles with his phone for a few seconds before logging into Dara's SNS sites)

 

Sandara: You remembered the passwords.

 

Donghae: (chuckles bitterly because she made his name spelled backwards her password before scrolling down the comments. Finds what he was looking for and starts narrating) Here it is.

 

Sandara: Oh, Hae. Those are comments. You know those are comments. You had a lot of those when I posted about you before.

 

Donghae: (Starts to read the comments to her one by one. Take note: Almost all comments are from her SNS, but they won't entirely be the same words)

 

[Daragon is real. Dara never tags anyone but whenever she is with GDragon, you'll notice her tagging every one including herself.]

 

[Quality time daragon <3 <3 <3]

 

[And now, they're so near to each other! My heart! My sanity!]

 

[Where is GD, unnie?]

 

Sandara: You said this is not about Daragon. (clenches her jaw when she realizes what the comments are all about)

 

Donghae: It is not. I am not finished reading. Here's more.

 

[@daraxxi @peaceminusone]

 

[Can you videotape it when you @daraxxi and @peaceminusone have ?]

 

[You guys look wholesome and innocent when you are all with Dara. Can you turn the tables around for a change?]

 

Sandara: Stop reading them, Hae. (whispers, a hand clasping Hae's wrist to tell him to stop)

 

Donghae: (ignores her and continues to read those tweets and Instagram comments about her)

 

[Don't worry, Dara is now occupied with "where's minzy" question all over her face.]

 

[Can't Dara get it? She's been used. ]

 

[Scroll this satan tweet so many disgusting tweets and she mentioned Dara. Please report.]

 

Sandara: Stop. Seriously stop it. (eyes watering because she was hearing bad comments about her)

 

Donghae:

 

[Sandara Park is so cheap. She's okay to be Kwon Jiyong's slave. Disgusting. @krungy21]

 

[Sandara Park is hanging out with GD's friends. She's the new Kiko Mizuhara. ]

 

[Sandara Park, acting all innocent and cute. But she is not. Something tells  me Dara and GD did the nasty! @krungy21]

 

Sandara: (tears falling, hands shivering as she tried to dig her fingers in Hae's wrist to get him to stop reading but he still would not stop) Hae, just stop. Please.

 

Donghae:

 

[@krungy21 team .]

 

[This is ready to hunt some . XD XD XD]

 

[Sandara Park, are you the second Kiko? Gonna bet that GD ed you, right?]

 

[I hate Sandara, the , Park.]

 

(SLAP. A loud one. Dara slaps him on the cheek loudly. Big, fat tears fell from Hae's eyes when she did and she realizes he was crying whilst reading all those hurtful comments about her. But he STILL is not stopping.)

 

Donghae:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter