001 Mysterious girl

The Lost Soul

Author’s POV

It was indeed a wonderful day as cherry blossoms bloomed, filling the streets with a pinkish-white glow.

 

Spring time means the first day of school is today. Eunwoo groaned at that thought as he sat up from his bed. It was indeed the first day of class, meaning, he will have to suffer a school year with screams, weeps, troubles and success. And of course, meeting again with his group of friends. (Though they always meet and bond even in vacation)

 

Fast forward all the daily routines he had to do, he gladly walked his way to the school, Mushin High (a/n: though I don’t really know why I came up with this since Fantagio, etc. is too common for me n_n) which was a few blocks away from his house.

 

There, he met up with his friends, Myungjun known as MJ, Jinwoo as Jinjin, Moon Bin, Minhyuk as Rocky and Sanha, the so-called ASTRO by their fan girls. kekeke

 

Eunwoo happily walked over to them and greeted them with his signature eye smile.

 

“Hyung, did you know that MJ hyung is annoying me all night saying he will kill me if I wouldn’t go along with his pranks again?” said Sanha, who is seemingly annoyed with MJ’s threat and who keeps on bugging the maknae in doing this and that. Poor Sanha.

 

“Hyung” Moon Bin called, and slinged an arm to his shoulder as he usually do. Expected from the best of friends of course.

 

“Shouldn’t we go inside now? I want to see what room I am assigned to, right Rocky?” – Jinjin

 

“As long as I won’t be in the same committee as you like last year, then I would be fine by that” – Rocky

 

“Yah” Jinjin annoyingly said as he lightly smacked Rocky’s head and dragged him towards the hall where their sections were placed.

 

“Assa! Eunwoo hyung we’re classmates this year again!” Moon Bin happily chimed as Eunwoo smiled in return knowing that this year will be very fun again.

 

“Awwww. It’s a pity I’m still a freshmen and you’re all seniors already” Sanha pouted.

 

“Its okay little guy, hyung is here for you” MJ replied to him wiggling his thick eyebrows while patting the maknae’s head.

 

“But still, that wouldn’t change the fact that I’m still taller than you” – Sanha

 

And so the chase begins...

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” Sanha shouted as he ran for his the sake of his life. “HYUUUUNG I STILL WANT TO LIVEEEE!!! ANDWAAAAEEEE!!”

 

“OH NO YOU WON’T YOON SANHA!”

 

And so the rest of the boys laughed as the two happily played with each other.

 

But then, Eunwoo on the other side caught something on the side of his eye. It was a girl who is staring at the boys with her face,, neutral. Eunwoo eyed the girl intensely and so the girl shifted her gaze to him and their eyes met.

 

*dug-dug*

 

Her eyes were as cold as ice, but he can see the loneliness she’s feeling behind those dark orbs of hers. Then, Eunwoo felt unusual fast heartbeat as they continued to stare at each other, until…

 

“Hey hyung, what are you looking at? You’re staring at a blank space again. Let’s go its almost time” Moon Bin said, constantly waving his hand to the serious-faced guy.

 

Eunwoo then, shifted his gaze to the younger boy and blinked his eyes. “You’re staring to nothing again hyung, let’s go”.

 

“But, I saw a girl on that corner Bin-ah, and she seemed lonely” Eunwoo protested, looking back to where the girl stood but, she was gone.

 

“What are you saying hyung, no one is standing there, so let’s go”.

 

“B-but, oh, never mind. Maybe I was daydreaming again”.

 

“Yup, and it means you should get yourself a girl” Binnie said, half-teasing the now red-faced hyung.

 

The regular classes started and the usual greetings began. Gladly, Eunwoo and Moon Bin are seated together, in which Eunwoo is seated at the back of Moon Bin.

 

I was sure I saw her standing at the corner earlier. Eunwoo thought with his brows furrowed, pouting as he kept on thinking about the girl he met. Or more likely, saw.

 

He shrugged and sighed and looked at the front, shocked. “So, Mr. Lee, do you have something in mind that you want to share?” the teacher uttered, making Eunwoo annoyed because of the fact that the teacher called him by his real name.

 

“I have nothing to share ma’am. I’m sorry” Eunwoo answered half-annoyed as the teacher smiled in a straight line and continued her lesson.

 

Moon Bin then eyed the boy at his back throwing a crumpled paper on the now serious-faced Cha Eunwoo.

 

What happened? Are you still thinking about the girl? – Moon Bin

 

Maybe. I don’t know. Talk to you later. – Eunwoo.

 

Lunch then came and students chimed happily as they went out of the room leaving it dirty and messed, meeting up with their friends.

 

“Hyung let’s go” Moon Bin called at Eunwoo who is gazing outside again.

 

“Don’t tell me you saw that girl you are talking about, again” and to Eunwoo’s surprise, the latter was right. The girl was standing at the corner of the rooftop, dazed.

 

Now, Eunwoo got a full look at the girl. She's beautiful. She was wearing a white dress as she stared at an empty space. Her hair was long and black as the wind blew showing more of her features.

 

This time, the girl shifted her gaze to Eunwoo, who in return was shocked and shifted his gaze to the latter who was blabbing again and again.

 

“Bin-ah, look! There she is!” Eunwoo told the younger boy, pointing at the place where he saw the girl again, but much to his disappointment, it was MJ. Yes, THE MJ.

 

Moon Bin laughed loudly as he looked at the direction which Eunwoo pointed as the ‘girl’. “Hyung you must be hungry, maybe we should go meet up with the girl you’rr talking about there” Moon Bin said half-teasing and laughing. “Yah!” Eunwoo pouted in embarrassment and followed the latter who was walking ahead of him.

 

The two met up with the four who was already eating their food. “You should have waited for us” Moon Bin said, showing his aegyo to his hyungs who were cringing at the sight.

 

“Hyung! Its disgusting so stop it. Now, eat” Rocky said handing a box to Bin, who is smiling happily and sat next to him.

 

Eunwoo stared at the them, then to the place where she saw the girl, which was now empty. He mentally sighed saying to himself that the next time he encounters the mysterious girl, he will definitely ask her name.

 

“Say, Bin-ah what did you say earlier? Eunwoo met a girl?” MJ said looking at Eunwoo with his signature smile, while wiggling his brows to the latter who was confused.

 

“Really? Hyung met a girl? Where? Is she beautiful?” Rocky asked, and Jinjin smacked the younger’s head telling him to get his head straight. Rocky then pouted and ate his lunch again.

 

“Hyung, what do the girl look like? Is she beautiful? Is she?” Now, the maknae, Sanha’s turn to be smacked by Jinjin in the head.

 

“Yah! Let Eunwoo talk… How old is she? Is she a noona?” Jinjin followed, and now the two maknaes, smacked by Jinjin was returned to him.

 

Eunwoo then cleared his throat and the boys then diverted their gaze to the latter.

 

“Well… about the girl, I don’t know if she’s a noona or not. If she’s really beautiful or not” Though she really is beautiful from afar. Eunwoo noted to himself to keep the rest a secret now, since he doesn’t know the whereabouts of the girl he’s talking about.

 

“Oh well. Okay then” MJ said, shrugging and then began bombarding the boys with his jokes.

 

>>>>

 

The first day of school finally ended as the teachers simultaneously dismissed their students. Tomorrow is another day, and if I saw that girl again, I won’t hesitate to ask her name. Eunwoo noted, ending the day with smiles and looking forward to meeting her again.