Misused Justice

Misused Justice

Title: Misused Justice
Genre: Fluff, Romance
Rating: PG-15
Warnings: violence, non-main character death(s)
Length: 4,052 words
Summary: Together, they are an unstoppable force of misused justice—both for the good and the bad.
Notes: I switched prompts at the last minute, Christ. Hope this doesn’t seem /too/ rushed. For you dear recipient, your prompts were all awesome!


 



The man held his bloody hands up and together as if in prayer. His facial expression showed nothing but despair as he tried to keep himself up with his knees. He was looking into the killer’s eyes—his killer’s eyes. They were ruthless, crazed even—and he knew that there was no way he’d let him live even if he pleaded and cried blood.

He took a shaky breath, which was a bad idea since he coughed up more blood. The killer smirked as he saw his victim slowly die in front of his eyes.

The victim clutched his chest, coughing and wheezing to his death. But he managed one last word before his breath completely left him. “P-please…”

There was a loud bang! and the victim fell backwards, a fresh bullet wound spurting dark red blood from his forehead.




Do Kyungsoo is Metropolitan City’s newest Iron Fist Leader. He was ruthless before as a councilor, and naturally found his way at the top of the Political food chain after his term.

Now mayor of the city, he vies to do well and serve the people to the best of his abilities. He promises reform and a better life.


But of course what the people do not know, is that the Do Kyungsoo they idolize and look up to—the very same Do Kyungsoo who now rules their precious city—is also the city’s secret underground mafia leader. He has complete and total control over the city’s illegal shipments: drugs, ridiculous sums of stolen money, weaponry, ion dens—whatever it is, you name it, he has control over it.

Nothing escapes under his nose. Nothing. So of course there isn’t any ‘illegal’ activity on the surface. Everything is done underground, away from the public’s prying eyes, away from the media.

And another reason for his successful reign is his right hand man, Kim Jongin—better known as the black assassin, Kai.

Everyone in the underground market knows that if you see Kai and you happen to be alone, you are bound to die. He is basically death personified.

Every mafia leader, member, drug lord, trafficker—everyone involved in illegal activity—is afraid of Kai. It doesn’t matter if they look scarier or are bigger than him. If they’re big lions, then he’s ing The Rock with huge canons on both of his arms. It’s not worth challenging a guy you know you have absolutely no chance of winning against.

Therefore everyone is under their leashes.

Together, they are an unstoppable force of misused justice—both for the good and the bad.
 
 
 

Kyungsoo was sipping tea, looking out of his gigantic window and into the city—when the intercom buzzed. Furring his eyebrows, he placed his tea down and pressed the button. He leant forward and spoke in a clear, commanding voice, “What is it?”

There was a fizz of static and his secretary’s voice floated out of the mini speakers. “Kyungsoo, Sir, the Councilor of District 3 wants to talk to you. He says its urgent, and that it didn’t matter if he doesn’t have an arranged appointment with you.”

Kyungsoo frowned at the intercom. District 3? He leaned back on his chair, forehead still creased in thought as he mulled the situation over. District 3 holds most of my weapons, Kyungsoo thought. This can’t be good.

He brought a hand up to press at the button again, back still leaned against his chair, but made his voice loud enough so it could be carried over to the intercom. “Very well, let him in.”


The door opened to the inside and in comes a stout man with a trimmed beard, his black coat sticking on the skin of his neck as he bathes in his own perspiration. Kyungsoo stands up to be polite, eyes guarded and mouth turned down as the man waddles forward.

“Councilor Jung,” again, Kyungsoo’s tone is polite, and he even motions with his left hand to the empty seat in front of his desk.

“Mayor Do.” The man answers, tugging on his collar as he tries to un-stick it from his meaty neck. He doesn’t even bother sitting down, shaking his head as politely as a man in a hurry could.

“There is no time. We have a big problem down south.” Then he gulps, leaning forward as if he was going to disclose a big secret to the Mayor. He curved one chubby hand at the corner of his mouth, and breathed out in a hushed voice.

“The media men from Station XYZ are making their way down our big warehouses as we speak. They have gotten Intel that there are numerous smuggled guns, bullets and explosives hidden in the warehouse.”

The man took a deep, shaky breath. “And what’s worse? They’re gonna have the whole raid on tape.”

Kyungsoo furrowed his brows, exhaling sharply as he straightened his posture after Councilor Jung stopped talking. He looked him in the eye, expression unchanging as the man on the spotlight fidgeted in his spot. “Have you tried fending them off?”

“I—yes, I did, Mayor. But no such luck. They didn’t buy the detour. Turns out no one reads street signs anymore; they all trust their GPS’ with their lives.”

Kyungsoo sighed in annoyance, already feeling a headache coming on as a vein in his temple began throbbing. A detour sign, really? He thought to himself. This isn’t ing child’s play; this is actual, adult business.

And it had to be dealt using adult ways.

“Very well then, I’ll see to it that the problem will be smoothed out.” Kyungsoo walked forward, his facial expression back to that of nonchalance as he ushered the man out of his office. “You have to go back to District 3, Councilor Jung. Make sure everything will go according to plan. Wait for further instructions.” By the time he’s finished talking, Councilor Jung is already on the other side of the door. Kyungsoo merely threw him one last glance before closing the door in his face in the politest way he can.

“Goodbye, Councilor Jung.”

The moment the door closes, Kyungsoo turns back to his desk and isn’t surprised to see Kai sitting on top of it; he did have a knack for entering undetected and sitting on desks  like he owned them after all.

Kai was grinning when Kyungsoo slowly made his way over to him. “New job?”

Kyungsoo nodded and raised a hand to massage at his throbbing temple. Kai reached forward and grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand, pulling it away from his head and on to his own lap. Kai replaced Kyungsoo’s fingers on his temple with his own. Kyungsoo felt the migraine slowly melt away along with his troubles for the day. Kai’s touches were always soothing.

“Better?”

Kyungsoo nodded again, and when he opened his eyes, he was rewarded with the sight of Kai, no—his Jongin so close to him, and it made the edges of his mouth tug slightly upward.

Jongin noticed this and grinned again, sliding his palm carefully down the side of Kyungsoo’s face, rubbing his cheek.

“Be careful,”

Jongin clicked his tongue and leaned forward to press a chaste kiss against his lips. “I will.”
 
 
 
 


The white van swerved violently to the left, the passengers inside scared out of their wits as their vehicle threatened to topple over.

“ man, what did you even hit? A sleeping bear on the road?”

The driver hissed and tried to drive through the thick fog suddenly closing in on them.
“You tell me, you little . I told you to take a look at what it was. I was already manning the steering wheel; you could’ve at least looked out for any road obstructions!”

The driver successfully maneuvered the van back on the middle of the road in a straight path, sweat covering his forehead as he twisted the wheel this way and that.

“Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap—the fog is too thick for the light to see through. We have to stop!”

The driver shifted gears and tried to move the vehicle over to the left side—where he thinks the safe side of the road is—and clenches his teeth as they blindly make their way over to safety.

“Hold on—“

Their breaths get caught in their throats as they hear the unmistakable wail of a horn being honked—and the inevitable crash that follows—steering them to the edge and onto their deaths.

The smell of burning rubber and soot floats in the air, but Kai doesn’t pay it any heed as he looks down from his position right next to the crash at the edge of the road, staring at the wrecked van at least 30 feet below. He immediately turns around and heads back to the main road though as he makes sure that no one managed to escape the van accident, his hand twirling a gun between his fingers round and round, just in case.

He doesn’t do anything stupidly dangerous anymore besides wanting to, Kyungsoo’s voice consistently ringing in his head telling him to act rationally against everything else.

Be careful.

Kyungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed in worry, his brown eyes flashing with unrestrained concern. Of course Jongin would be careful.
 

Be careful.
 

Jongin smiles as he un- his gun, slinging it back on the holster in his belt. He makes his way back to the city with his hands inside his pockets, a serene smile plastered on his face. He looks too happy for a man strolling in the dark at 3 in the morning, but he doesn’t care. He has more interesting thoughts to worry about.
 

I was careful, Kyungsoo.
 
 


Kyungsoo didn’t even spare his servant a glance as he took his coat off. The man took a deep bow before scurrying away, leaving his master to his thoughts.

When he was in the confines of his own room, Kyungsoo slowly let his emotionless façade slide off. He started pacing around his bedroom in worry, half-considering on letting himself indulge his nervous habit of biting his nails.

He was jittery and restless, only halfway through ing his shirt before he began pacing again.

Seriously, Kim Jongin, he thought in his head bitterly. Do you think this is funny, making me worry over you every single time?


“Yes, I do think it is a bit entertaining.”

Kyungsoo turned around so fast he experienced whiplash, his world spinning a bit as he closed his eyes and tried to steady himself. Familiar arms immediately made their way to his waist, holding him against a warm body.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and pulled back a bit, his heart beating rapidly in his chest as he stared at the man in front of him. “Jongin…are you hurt? Do you feel pain anywhere?”

Kyungsoo immediately detached from Jongin and started examining him, patting him everywhere, lifting his coat up to look for wounds of any sort, and found none. Jongin chuckled when Kyungsoo’s hands brushed against his , but the latter didn’t seem to notice it as he was too busy assessing him for bruises and any other 'battle damages'.

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin when he was done checking for wounds, finding only two scratches on his legs from jumping out of the truck that didn’t even bleed too much.

“Why are you laughing? Do you think this is funny?”

“Actually, I—“

He pushed Jongin on the chest until he stumbled backwards and onto his bed. Jongin stopped chuckling, his sentence still hanging in the air when his suddenly landed on the mattress. He looked at Kyungsoo with wide, innocent looking eyes, and saw that the former’s eyes had an evil glint in them. Jongin gulped and gripped the edge of the bed.

“This is what you want, isn’t it?”

Kyungsoo’s smirk tells of torturous things and Jongin unconsciously scoots backward while his lover stalks forward.

“To rile me up, get me worked up for nothing, because you think I look hot when I’m angry.”

Despite himself Jongin actually blushes, embarrassed at getting caught red-handed with the thought of his favorite kink on Kyungsoo. He does look hot when he’s angry, and Jongin is about to tell him so when Kyungsoo springs forward, his finger pressed against Jongin’s plush lips. Jongin blinks dumbly in response; eyes going crossed as he stares at the finger and then back at Kyungsoo.

“I’ll let you see what being hot really looks like, and how I really am when I’m angry—especially if it’s directed at you.” Kyungsoo drawls the ‘you’ like a purr, pupils turning as black as ebony as he undresses Jongin with his stare alone.

Jongin shivers as he feels himself getting aroused; the hungry stare and the bedroom talk enough to make his blood boil.

“Kyung—“

There were three short raps against Kyungsoo’s door. Kyungsoo groaned and immediately started buttoning his shirt back up, while Jongin moved off the bed and into the vacant chair.

Three short raps meant important business—that was what Kyungsoo taught his house servants to knock like if there was an emergency.

Jongin’s punishment would have to wait, Kyungsoo thought sadly as he glanced over him briefly.

The man in question beamed at him goofily, lifting a hand up to give him an unnecessary thumbs up. Kyungsoo groaned and rolled his eyes before putting back on his indifferent mask, trying to look as nonchalant as possible as he opened the door.

“What is it?”

The house servant looked stricken as he chances a glance at Kyungsoo’s cold expression. “Y-your secretary is here, sir.”

It was what, almost 5am? Doesn’t anyone know the value of sleep in this city? Kyungsoo sighed and took a step back, leaving the door ajar.

“Let him in.”

Kyungsoo walked inside and grabbed the nearest coat he could get his hands on, flinging it behind him before sliding his hands into the sleeves. Jongin is unmoving as he sits on the chair next to Kyungsoo’s coffee table.

“Baekhyun is coming over.”

Jongin nods and puts on his ‘I’m-only-the-boss’-righthand-man-and-totally-not-his-lover’s face. Kyungsoo barely manages to hide a chuckle before Baekhyun is knocking on the slightly opened door, letting himself in.

Baekhyun smiles and walks toward Kyungsoo. “Hey, boss.”

Kyungsoo scowls. “What is it, Baekhyun. If you haven’t noticed, its 5 in the morning, and I will gladly kick your off my property if you don’t tell me what the urgent problem is right-this-instant.”

Baekhyun holds both his hands up in mock surrender. “Woah, so it’s feisty Kyungsoo today?”

Jongin burns holes into the side of Baekhyun’s head and he must’ve felt it because suddenly he’s looking at him. “Huh,” Baekhyun exhales, frowning at Jongin before turning back to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo still had his scowl on, an eyebrow rising a bit for added effect. Baekhyun resisted rolling his eyes and began to talk.

“I personally came here to tell you that Mr. Wu’s night club chain is planning to build one of his branches here, in our city. You know how Mr. Wu is, so I came here as quickly as I received the memo. We need to give him our yes or our no now, or else he’ll start building the club immediately, regardless of your decision.”

Kyungsoo frowns. But he straightens his posture and turns around, his back facing Baekhyun as he gives the instructions.

“Tell him we’ll meet them personally later this morning, and that he should spare us time on his busy schedule as we’ll do with him.”
 
 
 

Jongin slips inside the car beside Kyungsoo on their way to Wu’s main office. The office is located three cities away from Metropolitan, but it’s nothing that can’t be travelled on land. The chauffeur merely stole a glance at Jongin through his rearview mirror before moving his eyes back on the road again.

Kyungsoo glances at Jongin, the cold façade already on, and just nods at him, turning his head away to stare out of the window.

Jongin frowns. He hates it when Kyungsoo has to ignore him when he’s on duty. Wanting to touch his boyfriend, he shifts and places his palm on top of Kyungsoo’s, squeezing it gently.

They aren’t looking at each other, but Jongin can feel Kyungsoo tense beside him. This eggs him on and he actually dares to the top of Kyungsoo’s hand with his thumb, gently caressing the soft flesh over it. Jongin’s fingers dance and glide above Kyungsoo’s, the latter barely stifling a whine bubbling at the back of his throat.

The gesture might seem normal to others, but to him it feels oddly intimate. He releases a slow and shaky exhale and slowly turns his hand palm up, lacing his fingers with Jongin’s. He makes sure he’s still looking out at the window though, neck going stiff as he tries to keep his face straight.

Through the window's reflection, Kyungsoo can see Jongin smiling, and the simple act makes his heart flutter.

So much for his emotionless façade.

 
 


Kris Wu was a gigantic pain in the . He wouldn’t give in to any of Kyungsoo’s demands, and Jongin was tempted more than once to just bring out his gun and shoot the man dead. But Kyungsoo’s numerous piercing glances towards his direction put him in place.
 
 
 
Now that they were heading back to the mansion, Jongin felt more relaxed. Kyungsoo was too; he was even laying back on the car seat instead of sitting so stiffly like he always does.

Jongin couldn’t control the sudden emotions filling his chest at the sight of an angelic-looking relaxed Kyungsoo, and this spurred him to move without thinking again. He moved his leg and nudged Kyungsoo’s thigh with his knee, effectively startling him, making him sit upright. Even the chauffeur noticed and glanced at the mirror in front of him, checking if everything was okay at the back. Seeing that there was nothing going on, his concentration went back to driving.

When Kyungsoo noticed that the driver wasn’t watching them aymore, he glared at Jongin. And to his irritation, the prick was laughing.

Jongin tried to chuckle as quietly as he can, sinking back on his seat as he raised a knuckle up to cover his mouth. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shifted his whole body away from Jongin; legs, feet, torso, and head, all facing the opposite direction.

Jongin stopped chuckling when he saw that Kyungsoo actually looked pissed. He frowned a little, rubbing the tears that slipped from his eyes from too much laughing.

He couldn’t wait until they got out of the car.


Kyungsoo stormed out of the car, slamming the door in his wake, leaving the driver scared and Jongin a little confused.

Jongin immediately followed behind him, through the stairs and into his room. He pushed Kyungsoo inside and was surprised when Kyungsoo slammed him against the door once it closed, lips moving against his impatiently.

Kyungsoo might be smaller than him, but it didn’t hinder the former from kissing the living daylights out of him, pressing him against the door with his body. Jongin let out a little mewl, hands coming around Kyungsoo’s waist, pulling him closer, sliding a knee between his legs.

Kyungsoo all over the inside of Jongin’s mouth, not leaving any nook and cranny unexplored, leaving Jongin winded. His hands fly towards Jongin’s front shirt, already ing it when his phone rang.

Jongin sighed and kept rubbing Kyungsoo’s back tenderly.

“Answer it,”

Kyungsoo growled and leaned forward to nibble at Jongin’s collarbones. “ the phone.”

Jongin bit his lip to stop himself from out loud. He reached between their bodies and grabbed Kyungsoo’s phone from his inner coat pocket.

He held it out to Kyungsoo who glared at him before taking it.

“Hello?!” Kyungsoo actually sounded mad, but changed his tone the moment he recognized who the person on the other line was.

“Oh, Governor Lee…” He gulped before glancing at Jongin sitting on his bed. The latter beckoned him forward.

“Uh, yeah. I’m sorry about that Governor, I was having a rough day and I didn’t check who the caller was. My deepest apologies.” Kyungsoo’s voice was still hoarse from their earlier frenzy, and Jongin loved that he made him sound like that. He loved that he was the reason there was a tiny crack in Kyungsoo’s tough exterior.

Kyungsoo plopped down beside him, still talking to the Governor, when Jongin pulled him to sit on his lap. Kyungsoo made an embarrassing little squeak, to which the Governor obviously heard, asking what that was about. Kyungsoo had to tell a lame lie, saying that he saw a rat jump over his foot. A rat, for s sake.

Jongin snickered evilly from behind him, and Kyungsoo reached back to pinch his arm. Jongin yelped silently, but didn’t let go of Kyungsoo. Instead, he cradled him closer to his chest, tightening his arms around his waist.

Kyungsoo leaned his head back on Jongin’s chest and continued to discuss future meetings with the Governor, while his lover’s hands were restless; playing with his hair, rubbing circles on his tummy, and even caressing his thigh. Kyungsoo had to slap Jongin’s hands away a couple of times before he got anymore funny ideas. Kyungsoo would surely lose his job if Jongin attempted ing him while he was on the phone. Last time was already a lesson enough. The other councilors would never look at him the same way again.

Jongin was pressing little kisses around Kyungsoo’s neck by the time the call was finished, the latter turning around immediately to kiss him as he dropped the phone on the bed.

They continued kissing and kissing and kissing until they couldn’t breathe anymore, both their hairs tussled and their eyes wild with pupils blown twice their normal size. Kyungsoo chuckled then, seeing Jongin’s bewildered expression, his eyes curving into little half moons and his lips stretching over pearly white teeth to reveal a little heart-shaped smile.

Kyungsoo’s rare smiles and laughs are always a sight to behold, and it never ceases to make Jongin’s heart skip a beat.

Kyungsoo reached for Jongin’s hair and affectionately patted it down. “Come on, I have a meeting to attend at 3:30.”



The meeting was boring as heck and Jongin felt like he would die of boredom any minute. They were in a Chinese hotel at the back part of the city, the meeting being one concerning the shipment of drugs to Metropolitan City. Of course Kyungsoo had to attend.

They were both rugged down today. Kyungsoo was wearing a black shirt and a pair of black jeans, his sunglasses and facemask was hanging around his collar as he listened to the meeting intently. Meanwhile Jongin felt sweat accumulate inside his dark blue polo shirt. He wanted to fan himself but couldn’t since no one else was doing so. He frowned and then glanced around, looking for something to do.

Then his gaze fell on Kyungsoo, mouth set in a thin line as he processed everything in the meeting. Jongin was there because he had to take notes, but it seems like Kyungsoo was already doing it in his brain.

Jongin reached over and pet his knee, rubbing comforting circles around it as he felt Kyungsoo’s tense position. Kyungsoo’s shoulders immediately hunched forward, a soft exhale escaping his mouth as he threw a grateful glance over his shoulder at Jongin.

Kyungsoo leaned back on his chair, hand finding Jongin’s under the table. Jongin smiled, giddy at his reciprocated affection, and saw Kyungsoo trying to control the smile forming on his face.

They stayed like this for a few moments and Kyungsoo returned his attention to the front, the meeting still ongoing despite their little touching moment under the table.


Kyungsoo felt like he could achieve everything the thugs wanted with breeze with Jongin by his side. He was thankful that there was someone he can hold and lean on at times like this. Someone he can rely on to protect him. Someone—

Jongin’s hand was inching toward his crotch.

That little er.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
hello hi i'm alive again what's good fandom