Sweet Nothing

In My Veins

A/N: So...this is no longer a one-shot but I also can't promise that it will be a fully chaptered story either. Most likely will be little snippets here and there as inspiration hits. 

Song: Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris, featuring Florence Welch


 

“Oh my god,” Gwiboon breathed, unable to tear her eyes away from the sight of her long-time crush as he sauntered up the sidewalk and knocked on her door.

 

“He’s here!” rang out through the house as everyone hurried to act like they all hadn’t been waiting for him to arrive.

 

“Gwi?” Luna nudged her lightly, snapping her back to reality.

 

“I can’t, I c-can’t-“

 

“Oh hush! Go answer the door right now or one of us will steal him away, so mark my words.”

 

Gwiboon’s heart froze in her chest. Whatever look that crossed over her face was enough to make Luna laugh as she pushed Gwiboon to the door and dashed down the hallway.

 

Taking in a deep breath, Gwiboon opened the door just as Jonghyun was about to knock for a second time.

 

Her breath caught in her chest at the sight. Jonghyun’s shy smile blinded her, his hair falling into his eyes as he bent his head, biting his lip and looking up at her with those big, puppy eyes.

 

“You look beautiful,” he whispered, leaning in to place a sweet kiss on her cheek. Blushing, Gwiboon raised her hand up to tangle in his soft, brown locks rubbing his scalp gently before leaning in to give him a small peck on the lips.

 

“You don't look too bad yourself,” she whispered against his lips, not quite sure where her courage had come from but happy to see that now Jonghyun was the one blushing.

 

“Ready?”

 

She nodded, turning around to grab her purse only to see three of her roommates staring back at her with looks reminiscent of a deer caught in headlights.

 

“Nosy!” Gwiboon hissed, snatching up her bag before sticking her tongue out and hurrying through the door and closing it in their eager faces.

 

“How many people live here exactly?” Jonghyun asked, grabbing her arm and placing it into the crook of his elbow. Gwiboon clenched her hand on his strong bicep and made a noncommittal noise instead of answering.

 

Chuckling, he turned to peck her nose cutely and guided her to his car, opening the door and making sure she was settled into her seat before closing it and racing to the other side.

 

She couldn’t help but admire him as they drove off into the night. She barely attempted to contribute to the conversation as he explained where they were going and that it was his sister’s boyfriend’s place or something like that. All those days of endless staring came back to haunt her and she wasn’t sure if this was real life. How on earth had she gotten so lucky to be on a date with Kim Jonghyun, the smartest, sweetest boy who could sing so soulfully that it made you want to get lost in the sweet melody?

 

Gwiboon took in everything about him, noticing everything up close that she couldn’t see from across the small coffee shop where she worked and he performed. The dim lights from the streetlamps accentuated his soft perfect features and she allowed her gaze to roam over the delicate yet strong planes of his face.

 

Clearing softly to get his attention, Jonghyun stopped speaking and glanced over at her. The smallest of smiles graced his lips and Gwiboon felt herself blush at the direction of her thoughts. “I-I’m really happy,” she finally said, voice ringing clearly between them in the small space of the car, “I’m really happy that we’re doing this.”

 

She maintained eye contact with him, glad that they were stopped at a red light, and watched in amazement as Jonghyun’s small smile turned into the biggest, brightest one she had ever seen. “Me too, Gwiboon-ah,” he leaned in, kissing her passionately. Seconds ticked by and Gwiboon sighed into the caress, loving the softness of his lips and the strength in his grip as he wrapped his arm around her and dragged her into him.

 

A loud honk broke them apart and they both laughed, smiling stupidly at each other as Jonghyun proceeded through the intersection. Daringly, Gwiboon reached over with a searching hand, resting it lightly on his thigh before pinching him lightly and turning her palm so that it was facing upwards expectantly. Laughing heartily at her nonverbal demands, Jonghyun brought his right hand down to twine their fingers together, driving skillfully with his left as they made their way to their final destination.

 

But Gwiboon found that she didn’t really care where they were going, so long as she was with Jonghyun everything would be perfect.