Hong Kong

Hong Kong - Jackson

“Did we get everything?” You questioned for what seemed like the hundredth time as you watched Jackson pull out one rolling suitcase for you and one for him.

“Yes, love, we did” Jackson reassured as he extended the handles to the suitcases, slipping his hand into yours, he leaned over and pressed his lips against your cheek.

“What if we forgot something?” You questioned softly, your hand lightly tightening around his.

“Then I will get you whatever we forgot” Jackson replied simply as he pushed the hatchback of the car down and pressed the lock button on the key fob twice before the car honked with security.

Jackson smiled at you as he wrapped his hand around the handle of his luggage as you did the same. Walking past parked cars lining the parking lot, you felt his thumb gently rubbing along the side of your hand, the soft and gentle touch comforting your nerves as you had never been on an air plane never-the-less out of the country.

The automatic doors to the airport welcomed you, hundreds of travelers piled inside the terminal as your eyes wondered over the different types of people, the elderly ones, the little ones sleeping in the arms of their parents, others talking on phones, yet others reading books or working on laptops.

Feeling you lag a little, Jackson turned his head back and smiled seeing you look around with curiosity. Pulling you along slightly, he let you take this all in while making sure that you two didn’t miss your flight. Being pulled by him didn’t bother you, it just made you smile seeing mothers do this to their children and now your longtime boyfriend was doing it to you.

Once the two of you passed through the main area, you walked through security while removing your shoes and anything metal including your earrings. Checking your bags through the scanners and walking through the body scanners, once you were cleared to enter, you grabbed your things and slipped your shoes back on and your earrings back in before sliding your hand through Jackson’s once more.

Taking your time now, the two of you walked down towards your terminal, admiring all of the weary travelers as you passed by their waiting areas.

“We have an hour before they call our flight, would you like to look at the gift shops?” Jackson suggested as your eyes wondered from the travelers into his beautiful brown eyes.

“I would love to! I haven’t been inside an airport before” You beamed brightly

“I know” Jackson smiled brighter as he has been through so many that coming here with you, being new to it, was like it is the first time in the airport for him.

The two of you walked over to the nearest shop and looked around, seeing Korean flags and brochures on the country and famous tourist attractions. Key chains hung on pillars while the tabloids lined one of the walls. Walking over to the bracelets and rings, you carefully took your time, letting your eyes wonder all of the intricate artwork and little aspects of every little thing.

Jackson pulled a magazine from the wall plastered with magazines, GOT7 was on the cover with a few other pictures and words surrounding the member’s profiles. Keeping an eye on you, he thumbed through the pages of the magazine before finding their article within the pages.

Skimming the article, he mostly looked at the pictures they chose and which dialogue they decided to cut and paste into the magazine. Finding you much more entertaining and adorable to watch, he returned the magazine back in it’s place before wondering over to you.

“If you would like one, I can get it for you” Jackson smiled seeing you looking at a rope bracelet that was simple yet elegant.

“I-I couldn’t ask you to do that” You turned around, looking up at him. Smirking, he reached out and saw a black rope one, pulling it from the bucket of rope bracelets, he wrapped it around his wrist.

“How does it look?” Jackson twisted his wrist from side to side, showing off the bracelet for you.

“Wonderful” You smiled as you looked down at the black rope bracelet, identical to the one wrapped around his wrist.

“Why don’t you get that one too?” Jackson tapped his finger against the rope bracelet between your fingers, “That way we can have matching bracelets”

“Aren’t you a little too cool for that?” You giggled, knowing he wasn’t really into cutesy couple things,

“I am, but I would be uncool for you” Jackson wrapped his arm around your waist. “Besides I am sure that they would have some sale if we bought two.”

“Alright” You gave in as he helped you place it around your wrist.

Walking up to the counter, he paid for both of them before heading out of the store and making the way to the terminal, wasting some more time, the two of you sat down in the bolted down seats and waited for your flight to be called.

Jackson looked over the tickets between his hand as you folded your legs over one another at the knee, your leg bouncing lightly up and down while your eyes stared down to the carpet in front of you.

“Everything okay?” Jackson looked up from the tickets, twisting his shoulders to face you, his arm slowly wrapping around the back of your chair.

“Just a little nervous” You whispered, your fingers playing with the black bracelet around your wrist.

“Don’t be, it is like a roller coaster ride, you like those” Jackson smiled, his hand rubbing your shoulder.

“It isn’t the plane ride” You whispered, your fears bubbling to the surface.

“Then what is it?” Jackson questioned softly, leaning in so you wouldn’t have to speak too loudly.

“What if we run into some of your friends over there or fans?” You questioned, your eyes staying on your hands in your lap.

“I doubt we will, but I won’t do anything without making sure it is okay with you” Jackson rubbed your shoulder, earning a smile from you, your eyes lifting to his.

“I want you to have fun too” You told him, leaning into his shoulder

“I will” Jackson rested his head against yours, a smile unable to leave his lips.

Your flight was called soon after as the two of you moved up to the cattle call, moving through the line, you handed them your tickets and then proceeded down the makeshift tunnel to the airplane.

Stepping onto the plane, Jackson showed you where to put your luggage in the overhead compartments and lead you to a window seat.

“For your first ride, you should have the best seat in the house” Jackson smiled giving up the window seat for you. Sitting down in your seat excitedly, you looked out the window observing the tarmac and all of the wonderful workings of the airport.

Instructions came over the intercom as the plane began to move, making sure you were buckled in, you held Jackson’s hand as the two of you snapped a pre-take off selfie together. The plane began to move down the runway and then picked up speed and lifted up off of the ground. Butterflies fluttered in your stomach as you held onto Jackson’s hand tighter.

Feeling a little turbulence, you kept your eyes glued on the scenery outside, watching the cars turn into ants and the roads that were large while you were on the ground turned into pencil marks on a white canvas.

Once the plane leveled out at the right altitude, everyone unbuckled their restraints and got comfy for the two-hour ride.

“How was it?” Jackson smiled as he pulled out some earbuds and his phone.

“I loved it! You were right! Just like a roller coaster!” You smiled brightly as Jackson lifted the armrest between the two of you.

“Want to listen to some music to help pass the time?” Jackson questioned, offering you one of the two ear buds.

Accepting the earbud, you slid it into your ear as he slid his earbud into his ear. Pulling up his music, he put it on shuffle as you moved closer to him so your earbud wouldn’t fall out. Finding his shoulder comfortable, he rested his hand on your leg as you listened to the music comfort you over the slightly noisy cabin. With time, your eyes began to drop from the hype of excitement pulsing through your veins.

While the plane flew, the air began to get a little chilly within the cabin. Shivering lightly against Jackson, you moved closer to soak up his warmth as you had fallen into a light sleep. Pulling a hoodie out of his backpack, he handed it to you as you slipped it over your head, pulling your arms through the sleeves and then reinserted the earbud, resuming your position on his shoulder.

Falling deeper in sleep, your hand laced with his as he admired how his hoodie dwarfed your body just slightly, the cuffs on the sleeves covering your palms so your fingers were only peeking out of the black hoodie. Admiring your promise ring around your thumb, he admired his around his thumb, knowing that you didn’t like to wear anything around any other finger.

Thoughts kept his mind awake as the thoughts of the trip swirled slowly around his mind. The thought of you meeting his parents and seeing the places where he grew up would be the final hurdle before he would be set on making the next step in the relationship.

The two hours ticked by quickly as the plane started to descend slowly, pulling you out of sleep with the sensation of falling. You looked around as Jackson kissed your head.

“Sleep well?” Jackson smiled as he had buckled you back into your seat for the descent.

“Very, thank you for the jacket” You smiled, loving how it smelled exactly like him.

“It looks better on you” He smiled as the plane dropped some more, your eyes moved outside seeing Japan from above.

Slight turbulence kept your grip on Jackson’s comfortably tight, once you heard the wheels skid across the tarmac, you smiled and waited as the plane came to a rolling stop. Unbuckling yourself, you looked over at Jackson.

“It wasn’t that bad right” He glanced down at your hand in his

“Not bad at all” You smiled as the two of you stood up, your hand releasing from his to see the slightly nail marks you left on him. “Do they hurt?” You lovingly lifted his hand to inspect the marks as he flexed his hand.

“I’ll be alright” Jackson shook it off, knowing that you didn’t mean to hurt him.

“I’m sorry” You whispered before kissing each mark you made on him, earning a giggle to spill from his lips, the two of you waited your turn and grabbed your bags before exiting the plane.

Walking out of the tunnel, hand in hand, you saw the crowd of people outside the tunnel. Unsure if it was for Jackson or for another person on the plane, you moved closer to him unsure of how to take this.

Jackson scanned the crowd and helped you maneuver through the pool of people. Reaching the edge, you saw an elderly couple standing off to the side, talking to each other before the elderly man noticed Jackson and smiled. Tapping the shoulder of what you assumed would be he wife.

“There is someone I want to introduce you to” Jackson smiled at you, bringing you over to the elderly couple.

“Jackson!” The woman beamed, letting his hand go, the elderly woman wrapped her arms around him as he encased her small form in between his arms.

“How have you been?” Jackson smiled as he pulled away from her to wrap the elderly man in a warm hug as well.

“We have been well, excited to hear a rumor of you coming back to Hong Kong” The elderly woman smiled and playfully tapped his arm.

“Looks like not all rumors are made up” The elderly man joked causing everyone to laugh, including you. The elderly couple’s eyes moved from Jackson to you as you gave them a warm yet shy smile.

Seeing this, Jackson stepped back and brought you up to meet the elderly couple.

“Mom, Dad, this is the amazing woman I have been telling you about” Jackson introduced.

“Oh, _______ ______, right?” The elderly man, Jackson’s father, questioned

“Yes, sir” You bowed to him politely

“We have heard nothing but good things about you” The elderly woman, Jackson’s mother, complimented.

“The honor is all mine” You replied sweetly.

“I didn’t think you two would be here to greet us at the airport” Jackson smiled, his hand grabbing his baggage while his other hand slipped around yours.

“We wanted to surprise you” His mother smiled as Jackson smiled, you watching the resemblance between the two of you.

“You did a very good job” Jackson smiled as the four of you walked out of the terminal together.

“We should have dinner sometime while you are in town” His mother offered, his father agreeing a little too excited.

“We should, but for now we have to go check into the hotel and get a rental car for the week.” Jackson explained as you watched the look in his parents eyes change.

“Why don’t you two come back to our place, there is more than enough room, besides your sports car is still here if you want to take your lady out for a drive and show her around” His father explained, making it difficult for either of you to come up with a reason why you couldn’t go home with them.

Jackson’s eyes moved over to you, his eyes asking if it was okay. Knowing that you two weren’t going to get out of this. You nodded softly, not totally hating the idea of getting to know his parents and seeing his home.

“Sounds like a plan” Jackson smiled as his eyes returned back to his parents.

The four of you headed out to the parking garage, locating their car, Jackson opened the door for you and loaded the luggage into the trunk before slipping into his seat. His father opening the door for his mother, his father slid behind the wheel. Buckling into your seat, you looked out the window as Jackson caught up with his parents. Listening into the conversation, they would ask you questions here and there but nothing more than simple small talk.

A little while later, they pulled up to the front gates of their house. The gates opened as they pulled in and parked in the front of the large home.

“Looks like you guys have made a few upgrades” Jackson awed while looking out the window of the car.

“Just a few” His mother giggled as everyone exited the car, Jackson and his father grabbed the luggage from the back of the car as the four of you headed up to the large house, your eyes wide with shock at how grand his home was.

“Did you grow up here?” You questioned reaching the double door entrance

“Just for the later part of my life, we had a humble home when I was born and then we all worked hard to earn this home for our family” Jackson smiled as everyone walked in and slipped off their shoes.

His mother brought out Jackson’s slippers for him and extra slippers for you.

“Thank you” You smiled and bowed at her as you slipped your feet into the slippers.

“You’re welcome” She smiled at you lovingly, “We will let Jackson show you around, just make yourself at home.”

“Thank you mother, father” Jackson gave them hugs and bid them a goodnight as you waved at them before watching them head over to one wing of the house.

“Shall I give you a grand tour?” Jackson linked his arm with yours.

“Sure~!” You smiled, trying to keep quiet hearing their door close.