One-Rooftop

Lacrima // VKOOK

Soft moonlight illuminated the tired, weeping boy. Jungkook rolled over in his bed. He pulled his knees up to his chest. The fear of shattering already dawning upon him. He felt helpless, the same way he's been feeling for it seemed over an eternity. He pulled himself up slowly, struggling slightly as he was now shaking violently.

"I-I can't do this anymore."

One week ago

"Kookie-ah! Come come!" Hoseok smiled brightly from their usual table in the crowded cafeteria. He waved frantically for the younger to come sit. Jungkook smiled in return and shuffled across the room, a tray full of food balancing in his pale hands. He sat down beside Seokjin who was immersed in finishing his English essay. The raven haired boy unwrapped the ham sandwich he'd just bought and took a small bite.

He grimaced at the plain, dry taste.
"Is it not good Jungkookie? Want some of my bulgogi?" Seokjin looked up from his papers and examined the younger with concern. Jungkook happily complied and took the latter's chopsticks. He dug into the rice and shovelled a good amount into his mouth. The boy melted in his seat, savouring the delicious taste of his hyung's cooking.

"Yahh. Mm. Hyungg! Thirs iss so gud!" Jungkook praised with a mouthful of food. Seokjin only chuckled and ruffled the younger's
hair, before returning to his homework.

"Jin-hyung! Why don't you ever give me food??" Jimin whined from across the table. He pouted when the latter ignored him.


"He gives me food." Namjoon stated proudly and plunged his own chopsticks into his boyfriend's lunch before being batted away.
Yoongi smirked and took a sip of his milk.

"So! Guys. How about we go out tomorrow? Have a little fun?" Hoseok wiggled his eyebrows, his dark eyes gleaming with mischief.

The atmosphere suddenly darkened, as everyone looked down and picked nervously at their food. Not daring to say anything regarding tomorrow's events. They knew all too well that May 15th was not a day for fun and games.

"Guys?" Hoseok cocked his head in confusion.

"Ahem..Um. Sorry. I can't. My parents' death anniversary is tomorrow." Jungkook twiddled his thumbs as painful memories resurfaced.

The room began to spin and it felt as if he was being choked. Jungkook blinked multiple times, refusing the hot tears that threatened to roll down his cheeks. He swallowed down a lump of saliva that he didn't realize had formed, before standing up abruptly, staggering slightly.

"I-I'll see you guys later. I d-don't really feel good so I'm going home for today-" The boy stuttered and grabbed his bag before rushing out of the bustling room that suddenly seemed, way too suffocating for the boy's comfort.

Hoseok brought a hand up to his mouth as he suddenly realized what day it was. "I-l'm sorry. I completely forgot." He hung his head in guilt. Seokjin sighed and ran his hands through his blonde hair anxiously.

"Shouldn't we go after him? I'm really worried-" Jimin squirmed in his seat and bit his lower lip, making it turn a dark hue of pink.

"No. Leave him. I'm sure he wants to be alone right now." Yoongi rubbed his temples. The rest of them nodded in agreement.
Jimin sighed and rested his head in his hands. His mind still racing with worry.

-

Jungkook's eyes watered and he didn't stop the tears from flowing this time, as he ran down the halls of the large highschool. He rushed quickly up the stairs and pushed the metal door open.
Jungkook exhaled, before taking long steps into the open, vacated rooftop. He walked towards the middle, cold spring air whipping his face. Jungkook took a deep breath and faced the grey sky. He screamed as loud as he could, allowing his frustrations to exit his mind, before dropping to his knees, sobbing violently.

"Mom. Dad.. I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to!!! I swear!! Come back please!! You can hit me all you want! I don't care- I can't live like this..I..didn't mean to..." Jungkook sobbed frantically, hiccuping through the hot tears that didn't stop flowing.

 

This was a side that the boy didn't show his friends. They may have known that Jungkook's parents were dead and that he didn't like to talk about it. But they didn't know the whole story.

They probably couldn't care less if Jungkook was depressed. It took all of his power to stay happy all day. It took all of his lasting sanity to pretend that everything was okay. To engage in their conversations.

Even when his parents were still breathing. It's always been the same. The only thing that's changed, is that Jungkook was now hanging off of a single rope, and he was slipping quickly.
-

An 11 year old Jungkook lay quietly in his bed. His parents have been fighting for about 30 minutes outside his door.

Jungkook sniffed as a warm tear rolled down his cheek and soaked his pillow. The boy grabbed his stuffed bear and hugged it tightly. Wanting to feel some comfort in the dark hole that passed as his house.

He gulped as the sound of his newborn baby sister crying, resonated from his parents' bedroom.

" THIS. WHY DID I HAVE KIDS WITH YOU? YOU DON'T DESERVE ME! WHY DID WE EVEN HAVE THIS BABY?" The sound of his mother's screams, drowned out that of the baby's.

"SCREW YOU!! YOU'RE THE ONE MAKING THIS COMPLICATED. HOW COULD YOU ING BURN MY DOCUMENTS?! ARE YOU HUMAN?! HOW ELSE WILL WE PAY FOR OUR FAMILY IF I DON'T WORK?! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN SUPPORT US!!!" The man fired right back.

" SCREW THIS. YOU'RE CRAZY. I'M LEAVING."
He stomped off towards the front door.

"LEAVE THEN. SEE IF I CARE. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A PLACE TO SLEEP. HAVE A FUN NIGHT ON THE STREETS."

"YEAH THANKS. I'LL GET TO SEE HOW YOU SPEND YOUR TIME DURING THE DAY WITH ALL THE ES.'"

"YAHH. I'M NOT A ING E YOU SON OF A . GET BACK HERE, LET ME BEAT YOUR ." She yelled after the man but he was already out the door.

"!! JUNGKOOK! WAKE UP." Jungkook flinched as his mom threw open his door. She shuffled to his bed and grabbed him by the collar.


"THIS IS ALL BULL-" she yelled and released her anger on Jungkook, punching him repeatedly, before throwing him to the ground and leaving the house herself, leaving her son whimpering on the floor, the sound of his sister's screams only growing stronger.


-

 

Taehyung pushed open the door to the roof, wanting a quiet place to eat. He stopped suddenly, taking in the scene of the usually upbeat Jungkook sat on the ground, weeping. Taehyung blinked and closed the door.

"What's wrong with him?" He pondered for a bit, before descending the stairs again, thinking nothing of it. It's not like they have any kind of relationship. It's none of his business. Taehyung decided, searching for another place to eat his lunch.

-----------------------------

end of chapter one

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Wait a bit for the vkook, it'll come. Leave a comment etc- :)

xx,Fawn