two

find me here

민윤기

”you are doing the dishes, laundry, and grocery shopping for the entire month starting now!” jin finally pauses on his third day of ranting, not long before shrieking at his steady boyfriend of six years when namjoon screeches to a halt, barely missing the car beside them. yoongi yawns in the backseat, still busy scribbling in his notebook full of lyrics to notice much else.

”no cooking?”

”joonie, you know yoongi ranks second - right behind you - in the record of burning down the kitchen. i’m not risking it. plus, even if he manages not to set us on fire, we’ll all come down with some unrecognizable disease.” jin huffs out the sentence in one long breath, turning in his seat to hand yoongi the grocery list. “i think i made it easy enough for even you to understand, yes?” yoongi finds himself staring at jin’s neat handwriting, which tells the exact aisle and number of steps to take to find all the items as if yoongi came from another planet.

”i hate you.” he grumbled, heaving out of the car.

”love you too!” is all he gets back which is generous, actually, considering the mood “his actions” have put jin in. the doors slide open, air conditioning awkwardly fanning his bangs up, and min yoongi begins his search for the first item on the list: meat.

---

박지민

grocery shopping has always been a sunday ritual celebrated by jimin alone ever since he moved in with tae and found the fridge forever empty, abandoned and deprived of its simple needs. he’s the only one that ever bothers mostly because tae finds the strangest ways to leech food off jin (one of his more extensive schemes included heavy purple and crimson makeup bruising his cheeks, labored breathing, and at-the-edge-of-fainting acting). jimin thinks himself too polite to ask despite the constant reassurance that jin is unbelievably kind hearted and although jimin knows this is true, he doesn’t want to look desperate in front of his favorite hyung.

for once, tae has decided to grace jimin with his company and joins him on one of his weekly escapades, or so he says. jimin knows the truth: tae’s guilty that he rarely spends much time with his almost-brother of a bestie ever since jungkook entered the picture, and it’s also ironically because jungkook signed up for vocal lessons coincidentally at the same time of jimin’s adventures.

tae drones on and on about meeting one of jin’s friends from the dinner he’d invited himself to a few nights ago. all jimin catches from his excited ranting is something about pale and smooth skin, and that all the girls would be jealous of the guy if not for “his” intimidating personality.

jimin has always been somewhat jealous of tae’s ability to make friends with pretty much everyone and anyone. he was just so naturally open and funny, good with kids and animals, and knew surprisingly well when to activate his manners even when they were practically nonexistent a second before. the worst part was that jimin couldn’t hate his friend for it, because even he loved having tae around.

jimin’s thoughts were disrupted by his sudden realization that tae had disappeared, probably bounding off somewhere to the land of rainbows he mentioned earlier. when jimin reaches the meat aisle, he’s met by a string of curse words and a threateningly familiar figure who’s currently glaring at two packages of pork and muttering angrily to himself.

jimin trusts his instincts and retreats behind a tall pyramid of - tomato soup? what’s with this place? it’s like a grocery store specially made for tae’s kind.

he recognizes the grey hair first. tousled and layered, the undercut leading to a pale neck that eventually dives under a black leather jacket. the hunched over posture that looks as menacing as but is quickly balanced out when jimin notices his platformed shoes, the kind that you wear when you’re trying to look taller than you actually are, and makes his impression from fearsome to adorable.

oh . jimin doesn’t remember his name. they had , his first time, his first one night stand, his first everything - and he doesn’t even remember his name.

it’s at that exact moment when tae chooses to reappear, pouncing over and crashing down around jimin’s shoulders, all the while throwing his head back to let out a wild YEEHAW. jimin, being the jamless peach he is, is scared indefinitely and manages to spring free of his predator, only to collide into the pyramid of questionable soup and knocking the entire structure down.