A Lover's Wish

A Lover's Wish

Eunjung was carrying a tray of food. She excitedly went to one of the rooms and greeted someone sleeping on the bed, a stuffed dinosaur cuddled up to herself.

“Jiyeonnie~” She called.

The sleeping girl groaned and heard Eunjung’s call. She yawned so cutely Eunjung puts the tray of food on a table and went to hug her.

“Good morning.” Eunjung greeted, kissing her forehead.

“Good morning, my Rilakkuma…” Jiyeon mumbled, hugging her tight.

“It’s time to eat.” Eunjung said, helping her off of her bed.

Jiyeon nodded and went to the table by her bed to eat. Jiyeon wowed of the food in front of her and ate so well. Eunjung smiled and couldn’t help but admire the goddess in front of her. As Jiyeon finished eating, Eunjung went to fix everything when Jiyeon grabbed her arm.

“Yes, Jiyeonnie?” Eunjung responded.

“Don’t go. Stay here.” Jiyeon pouted.

“I’m just going to wash this. I’ll be back in a minute.” Eunjung said.

But Jiyeon insisted, shaking her head. Eunjung sighed and nodded, putting the tray down, and focusing her attention on Jiyeon.

***

Park Jiyeon and Ham Eunjung were attracted to each other like magnets. They never lose each other’s sight, focusing each other’s attention. Eunjung had lost her family for quite some time as she focused her job as an attorney. She met Jiyeon at one point when the younger girl was in trouble, settling to the new place. She comforted her and got to the point that they got to know each other and made the relationship official. Everytime Eunjung went to a vacation, she always lets Jiyeon come, spending the days like a true couple.

“Are we at the park yet?” Jiyeon asked for the umpteenth time.

“We’re here.” Eunjung chuckled and turned off the engine of her car.

Jiyeon got out first, happy to be at their favourite spot. Eunjung was following her, carrying their picnic basket. Jiyeon went to a tree with a tire swing and Eunjung followed suite and puts the basket down and placed the mat by the grass. As Eunjung sat, Jiyeon tackled her and they both lay on the mat, watching the blue sky.

“Jungie?” Jiyeon asked.

“Yes?” Eunjung asked back.

“Would there ever be a time when we’ll stop loving each other?” Jiyeon asked, making Eunjung fidget for a moment.

“No.” Eunjung answered.

“What makes you say that?” Jiyeon asked.

“Some things are not meant to be said but felt. Even if the world falls upon our hands, it’s not stopping me from loving you till the end of time.” Eunjung said.

Jiyeon cuddled up to her and sniffled. Eunjung was shocked as she checked on her, saying her apologies, thinking of what she said a while ago. Instead, Jiyeon held her cheeks and kissed her. Eunjung blushed hard but she kissed back.

“I love you…I really do…” Jiyeon mumbled.

“I know. And know that I love you too.” Eunjung answered back.

***

Their relationship went on. But as time passed by, they became a little distant. Jiyeon and Eunjung were focused on their careers that they went on their lives typically without any attention. They had their talks but it wasn’t the same as a long time ago. And at this point, Jiyeon was trying to ease that. She was going to see Eunjung at her office. She was really excited, Eunjung’s favourite tea on her hand. She was greeted by one of her co-workers and she greeted them back, knowing Eunjung’s office. But as she went there, she saw Eunjung having a meeting with her fellow attorneys. Jiyeon sighed and thought she went in the wrong timing. And what really hit her was that one of them seemed to be clingy to her Eunjung. Jiyeon was hurt and decided to go home, thinking that she might disturb Eunjung at this hour.

*five hours later*

Eunjung came home and Jiyeon was at the room they shared, already sleeping. Eunjung noticed a cup of tea at the table with a little note attached to it.

Jungie, I bought your favourite tea. I came by the office a while ago but you were busy. Sorry if I didn’t stay up long.

Eunjung watched her girl already asleep and unchanged. Eunjung also saw the blanket on the floor and Jiyeon shivering on her sleep. Eunjung drank the cold tea quickly and went to take care of her girl. She laid the blanket on her and adjusted her properly. She slept soundly and decided to let her sleep.

“*sigh*…I still have work to do…” Eunjung thought.

Eunjung went to get her suitcase when a hand held her wrist. Eunjung turned around to see Jiyeon awake. Jiyeon went closer and hugged Eunjung tight. Eunjung hugged her back, kissing her forehead.

“Hey…you need to go back to sleep.” Eunjung whispered.

“I won’t. Sleep with me…please…” Jiyeon mumbled.

“But I-“

“Please, Jungie…I miss you…and I need you…” Jiyeon pleaded.

Eunjung thought about the times before this, when they were so clingy to each other, loving each other…and to the point that they were too distracted. She also thought she might’ve left Jiyeon out of the blue because of her work. And she felt guilty, thinking that she might’ve hurt the little one’s feelings.

“Okay…” Eunjung agreed.

Eunjung lay beside Jiyeon and was unchanged like her. Jiyeon was quick enough to lunge at Eunjung and cuddle up to her, missing her presence so much.

“I’m sorry if I was distracted from work.” Eunjung apologized.

“I’m sorry too.” Jiyeon said.

“Will you ever forgive me?” Eunjung asked.

“Why wouldn’t I? I love you.” Jiyeon answered, nuzzling on Eunjung’s neck.

Eunjung was sent off guard of Jiyeon’s statement. She looked at Jiyeon already asleep and cuddled up to her. It rang on Eunjung’s mind like a never-ending stream and it reminded her of her only priority: her Jiyeon. Eunjung’s tears fell; making sure that Jiyeon won’t feel them, not wanting her to worry. She hugged Jiyeon close to her and vowed to fulfill those old times with her Jiyeon.

***

Eunjung got home with something for Jiyeon. She was eager to get her job done before the time to get to her girl. She expected a cheerful Jiyeon to greet her but she was shocked to see the place a mess. She checked the drawers and tables and the surface was seen with unknown pills. Eunjung rushed to look for Jiyeon and saw her crouching on the floor, crying. Eujung rushed to her, checking her to see blood at the corners of her lower face. Eunjung gasped.

“Jiyeon…what’s going on-“

“No!! Get away from me!!” Jiyeon pushed her away.

“Jiyeon-ah-“ Eunjung was stopped when Jiyeon landed fists on her chest.

“Eunjung-ah…I’m sorry…” Jiyeon could only sob.

Eunjung went to grab a wet cloth and went back to Jiyeon, wiping the blood off of her face. Eunjung made a conclusion that something was wrong with Jiyeon’s health. Being as composed as she always has, she didn’t mind about it and prioritized Jiyeon. She carried Jiyeon towards the bed and lets her rest.

“Eunjung-ah…”

“You should rest. Let me clean everything up.” Eunjung said, patting the girl’s head.

Eunjung looked away hastily, doing her best to be composed for Jiyeon. As she cleaned up everything, getting rid of the unknown pills, and putting things back in their proper places, Eunjung went outside and she broke. She felt the world falling on her feet, crumbling into bits. For her, it was all going so well but…why? Why and how could it happen??

“Eunjung-ah…where are you?” She heard Jiyeon call for her.

Eunjung wiped her tears away and went inside to aid her lover’s longing. She went to their bedroom and Jiyeon was there, crouching and crying. Eunjung hated seeing her lover like that. She sat next to her and hugged her. Jiyeon clung onto Eunjung and asked:

“Eunjung-ah…will I…will I last long?”

“Shh…” Eunjung comforted her.

“…that’s nothing, okay? We’ll be fine…” Eunjung said, looking at her and holding her hands.

Jiyeon nodded. She believed her. For Eunjung, she did too…but she shouldn’t have.

***

Jiyeon and Eunjung knew the life-changing tragedy and the both of them are fighting for it. Jiyeon was getting weak but she was happier. Eunjung signed a temporary leave in her work to be there for her. Jiyeon didn’t want her to do that but there was no stopping Eunjung. For Eunjung, she’d do anything to be with Jiyeon.

“Jungie~?”

“Yes, Jiyeon-ah? What is it?” Eunjung asked.

“Can we go to the park again?” Jiyeon pouted despite of her weak state.

“You’re not well. I can’t risk you going outside,” said Eunjung.

“Please, Jungie~~” Jiyeon whined.

“No.” Eunjung answered.

Jiyeon whined so loud. Eunjung covered her ears. And knowing her girl’s constant whining, she had no choice.

“Okay, okay~” Eunjung finally answered.

Eunjung made sure of Jiyeon’s comfort. When they got to the car going to the park, Eunjung stole glances at Jiyeon. She was too pale, her body getting too thin and she’s wearing a bandana. Eunjung thought the sight was dreadful. Her heart was torn of all that had happened. She remembered the times she cried in front of Jiyeon, cowering of a life without her. Jiyeon comforted her in those moments, saying that she will be fine. Eunjung puts that in her heart, making every second with her count.

“Jiyeon-ah?” Eunjung noticed Jiyeon coughing.

“N-Ne…” Jiyeon replied.

Eunjung checked on her to see Jiyeon coughing her own blood. Eunjung wiped that off and made a note to the both of them to go back home.

“But we just got here. Please, Eunjung-ah…” Jiyeon pleaded.

Eunjung sighed, not wanting to be against Jiyeon’s want. She nodded and made sure to be there for her in every step of the way until they reach their favourite spot. Eunjung watched Jiyeon, seeing her so happy. She gave the smile Eunjung loved so much and she felt calm. They spent the days together laughing, playing, cuddling, and saying their love for each other.

“Eunjung-ah, let’s play hide and seek.” Jiyeon suggested.

“I don’t know…” Eunjung thought about her condition.

“Please…” Jiyeon looked deeply onto Eunjung’s eyes.

Eunjung couldn’t say no once more and agreed. Jiyeon drags Eunjung towards the tree and told her to count while she hides. Eunjung agreed, hid her eyes between the bark and counted. Jiyeon laughed and went to find a place to hide. She heard Eunjung count to 18 and she rushed to find a spot.

“20! Ready or not, here I come!” Eunjung spoke.

As Eunjung turned around, she gasped. She rushed downhill towards a body. Eunjung couldn’t hold her tears as she saw Jiyeon lying helplessly, her nose bleeding and she looked as pale as s ghost.

“Jiyeon…Jiyeon-ah!! Wake up!! Jiyeon-ah!!!” Eunjung called, nudging Jiyeon to wake up.

She had to be composed for her sake. She reached to her phone and dialled the closest hospital. She carried Jiyeon towards the car and luckily the ambulance came on time. Jiyeon was sent inside as Eunjung tended to her care.

***

Jiyeon woke up to see herself in the hospital. She looked around for Eunjung and she saw her. Jiyeon hated seeing Eunjung so sad. She even had a bouquet of flowers on her hand. Jiyeon told her to come closer and Eunjung obeyed. She puts the flowers on the empty vase and focused her attention on Jiyeon once again.

“It’s my fault. We shouldn’t have gone out.” Eunjung mumbled, resisting the urge to cry again.

Jiyeon shook her head and cried with Eunjung. She held onto Eunjung’s face and wiped her tears.

“It’s not. I’d say it’s mine…I should’ve listened to you…it’s just that…I want to spend my last moments with you. I don’t know when will I pass on but…I want to be with you, Jungie…I love you…I don’t know what I’d do if I leave you…” Jiyeon sobbed.

“Don’t worry about me, Jiyeon-ah…*sniff*…don’t worry…” Eunjung sobbed harder.

“Jungie…” Jiyeon hugged her and cried.

“But why? Why did it happen to you?? How could it happen to you?? Why, Jiyeon-ah…” Eunjung’s emotions broke into sorrow.

Eunjung wept as Jiyeon hugged her more. Eunjung would’ve composed herself to be strong for Jiyeon. But it crushed her. Jiyeon was her everything. Would she be nothing if Jiyeon will pass on?

“Jungie…please promise me one thing.” Jiyeon mumbled.

“What is it?” Eunjung continued to cry.

“Live for me. Be happy with your life. Don’t be sad. Don’t be angry. I want you to always know…that I’m thankful to meet someone like you. You’re the best, my Jungie. Even if I pass on, you will always be the Jungie that I cherish. Know that I will always be your Jiyeon that you loved with your all.” Jiyeon whispered.

“*sniff*…okay…” Eunjung nodded.

“I love you, Jungie.” Jiyeon kissed her cheek.

Eunjung cried once again, hugging Jiyeon for as long as she could. She would lose herself for her loss but she made a promise…and she’s keeping it.

“I love you, too. I always have and always will…”

***

Jiyeon’s passing was one thing Eunjung could never forget. Even if she did keep Jiyeon’s promise, there are often times she triggered. She got drunk and attempted suicide but Jiyeon’s words keep ringing on her mind. She longed for Jiyeon to come back to her but the reality was that she can’t come back. For now, her lover’s wish was keeping her alive. She vowed to follow Jiyeon’s will just as how she followed onto Eunjung’s undying love. It was the special memory forever engraved in her entire being.

*end of flashback*

In the present time, Eunjung, Hyomin, and Soyeon were the only ones left in the restaurant. They heard her story and cried with her. Eunjung sniffled and took her a while to relief herself from the painful memory. She sighed and decided to calm down.

“You may engrave the painful memories like watching her until she died…but one thing for sure is that…I will never forget all the things she did for me and how she changed me for the better, and how she loved me until the end of time.” Eunjung said.

“Eunjung…” Soyeon cried.

“it’s fine. Come on. It’s late. We need to go. Also, I have to do something early tomorrow.” Eunjung smiled once again, lighting up the mood.

Her friends nodded. They readied themselves, paid for their food and drink, and went home.

*a few weeks later*

Eunjung just finished winning another case. And as of now, she was at the cemetery, a bouquet of flowers on her hands. She went to a specific spot by the seaside. There was a tree with a tire swing in it and she placed the bouquet by the encrypted stone.

“Hey, Jiyeon-ah. I miss you. You must be so happy up there.” Eunjung began, her hands feeling the stone.

And Eunjung talked about everything that had happened, as if Jiyeon was there. It sounded a bit crazy but Eunjung always believed Jiyeon was up there, listening. She could picture out her godly beauty and her smile she really loved. As Eunjung noticed the gray sky, she stood up, getting ready to leave.

“I’ll be going now, Jiyeon-ah. You might get mad at me again for going out in the rain. I know you don’t want me to get sick.” Eunjung remarked.

She held the stone one more time and whispered:

“I’ll be fine. I know you’re up there watching me. Thank you for everything…I love you, Jiyeon-ah.”

Eunjung wiped her tears away. She grabbed an umbrella from her bag and readied it just as the rain started pouring. As Eunjung walked away, she heard a voice.

“I love you, too, my Jungie…”

Eunjung didn’t look around like a maniac, expecting Jiyeon to be there. Instead, she smiled and went on.

“You are listening…” She mumbled and went on her way.

 

So that was it, folks. Sorry it took a while to post this story. As of now, I'd be so busy but I disregard those for a while to focus on this story. Also, stay tuned for 'Dork Meets Princess' because I might finish that soon, also for 'Telecom Sisters', my first IOI fanfic. Love lots <3