Final

Chanyeol or Yoda?

Baekhyun walked through the busy night streets in Seoul. He decided to take a shortcut through the street with all the love hotels. He didn’t think of it. All he could think about was the delicious cup of hot cocoa he would make when he got home.

“Hey, baby~” He turned around and saw two older men walking towards him.

“Um… Are you talking to me?” He asked and pointed at himself.

“Of course we are, beautiful.” The man that spoke earlier said and walked over to Baekhyun. He threw his arm around Baekhyuns narrow shoulders.

“Let’s have some fun, huh?” The other man said and placed his hand around Baekhyuns waist. Baekhyun tried to wiggle out of their hold.

“Please let go. I don’t want to play with you guys. I’m on my way home.” He said and tore of their hands.

“Well, you came here to us, so it’s only fair that we get to play with you a little.” The first man said and grabbed onto Baekhyuns wrists harshly. Baekhyun tried to get away, but both men held him stuck.

“P-Please let me go. I just wanna go home.” Baekhyun said and started sobbing.

“Well, you’ll be able to go home when we’re finished with you.” One of the men said and smirked disgustingly.

“No! NO! HELP!! PLEASE HELP ME!!” Baekhyun screamed as they pulled him away. One of the men held his hand in front of Baekhyuns mouth, muffling his screams. They lifted him up and Baekhyun kicked his feet wildly in attempt to pry of the y mens hands.

“HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” They all stopped when they saw a tall guy walking towards them. He punched one of the men in his face and they immediately let go of Baekhyun. Baekhyun didn’t know why, but he ran right into the arms of the tall stranger. He wasn’t scared of him like the other two guys. Sure, he might be a ert that just wanted to take Baekhyun for himself, but Baekhyun didn’t think of that as the taller wrapped his arms around his trembling body. The two men ran away when the taller boy glared at them.

“You okay?” The stranger asked. Baekhyun nodded.

“T-thank you.” He said and pulled slightly back. The stranger wiped his tears and smiled. Baekhyun finally got to look at the stranger and was surprised to see such a handsome man. The man had big eyes, elfish ears and huge smile and pushed back red hair. He wore a leather jacket, dark ripped up jeans and sneakers. He was smiling brightly and Baekhyun felt somewhat safe in the tall strangers arms.

“It’s dangerous for someone like you to walk alone in this place.” The man said.

“Let me walk you home.” He said and gestured for Baekhyun to walk with him. They walked through the street, receiving looks from almost everyone. Baekhyun felt uncomfortable. The stranger must have noticed, because he wrapped his arm around Baekhyuns shoulder and brought him closer to his body.

“Don’t worry. I won’t let anyone get near you.” He said and smiled sweetly. Baekhyun gave a small smile back.

“Why are you walking here alone, then?” Baekhyun asked.

“It’s a shortcut for me. But unlike you I’m able to take care of myself from erted people.” The man said and laughed when Baekhyun pouted. Chanyeol followed Baekhyun all the way home.

“Thank you… uhm…” Baekhyun said as they stood on his doorstep.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun smiled.

“Well, thank you. Chanyeol.” He said and looked down with a shy smile.

“Good night, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol said and left. It took Baekhyun a little while before he realized.

“How do you know my name?” He asked. Chanyeol turned around and winked before leaving again. Baekhyun went inside and fell back against the door. ‘I think I’m in love~!’ he went up to his room and fell asleep with a bright smile.

 

Two days later he was walking in the streets when he saw the rode into the love hotels. He bit the inside of his mouth as he thought about turning or not. But he really wanted to meet Chanyeol. He had been dreaming about him all this time. Night, day, hour, minute, second. The tall, handsome stranger hadn’t left his mind for even a second. He breathed deeply before deciding to walk towards the hotels. He suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. He panicked and turned around. He was met with a smile he has missed so much these two days.

“I thought I warned you about going here again.” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun shrugged.

“It was the only way to meet you.” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol smiled and Baekhyun smiled back.

“You wouldn’t want to take a coffee or something, would you?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded eagerly. They went to a little French looking café and sat down by the window, looking out on the sparkly streets.

“You really shouldn’t be walking that shortcut, Baekhyun. It could get dangerous if I’m not there.” Chanyeol said after they had ordered a cake slice each.

“Well, first: How do you know my name? And second: why don’t you just give me your number?” Baekhyun said and was surprised to see Chanyeol blush.

“Umm… I know you’re name because of your necklace.” Chanyeol said and pointed at the silver chain around Baekhyuns neck.

“Oh, right. I keep forgetting it’s there.” Baekhyun said and giggled.

“And I can’t give you my phone number.” Chanyeol said and looked down at the floor.

“Why not?” Baekhyun asked.

“Uhm… W-Well I don’t really wanna say.” He said and scratched his neck. Baekhyun sulked. Chanyeol chuckled and held out his hand.

“I can still give you my email.” He said and Baekhyun grinned widely before he gave his phone to Chanyeol. Chanyeol quickly added his email in Baekhyuns contacts and even took a peace-sign selfie as picture.

“There you go. Now promise me you won’t walk that shortcut anymore.” Chanyeol said and handed the phone back to Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled with a little hint of blush. The rest of the “date” went by fast. So fast Baekhyun felt like crying when Chanyeol said he had to leave. Of course, Chanyeol followed him home again. He kept telling joke after joke and Baekhyun felt his stomach aching from too much laughing. They stood awkwardly on Baekhyuns doorstep, neither of them wanting to say good night. Chanyeol suddenly leaned in and kissed Baekhyuns cheek.

“Good night.” He said and turned around to walk away.

“Wait!” Baekhyun exclaimed and grabbed onto Chanyeols hand. Chanyeol looked at him with his big eyes.

“Umm… I-I…” Baekhyun mumbled when the door opened.

“Baekhyun! Get inside already! Mom’s impatient!” Baekhyun groaned at his brother.

“I’m coming, just two sec!!” He said. His brother then looked over at Chanyeol. Chanyeol on the other hand looked at Baekhyuns brother with wide and… terrified eyes?

“Do I know you?” He asked. Chanyeol shook his head rapidly.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun tried to go closer to him, but Chanyeol backed away.

“S-See you later.” He said and ran away.

“CHANYEOL!!” Baekhyun shouted after the tall giant. He watched as Chanyeol ran away.

“Who was that?” His brother asked. Baekhyun turned around and glared at him.

“YOU STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!” He shouted and punched his brother repeatedly with his little fists (not that hard of course). His brother looked confused at him when he ran up to his room.

“What did I do?” He asked himself. Baekhyun, on the other hand, jumped onto his bed and buried his tearful face in his pillows. Yet again, he had lost Chanyeol. He felt a buzz in his pocket and took out his phone.

 

FROM: Chanyeol

Hey! Sorry I ran away just now. I just remembered the reason why I was in a hurry home. I’m really sorry if I upset you or made you worry. I wanna make it up to you.

Let’s go on a date tomorrow!!

 

Baekhyun smiled widely when he read the text. He hugged his big rilakkuma toy close to his chest and wrote a reply.

 

TO: Chanyeol

I would love to!! Where do you wanna go then?

 

Chanyeol wrote back immediately.

 

FROM: Chanyeol

Do you like bowling?

 

TO: Chanyeol

I’ve never done that before, but I would love to try.

 

FROM: Chanyeol

GREAT!!! I’ll pick you up tomorrow at six??

 

TO: Chanyeol

I can’t wait!!

 

Baekhyun squealed like a fan girl and rolled around on his bed. He couldn’t wait for tomorrow.

 

 

Baekhyun went to school with a huge grin. He could only think about Chanyeol. He didn’t want to wait for tonight. He only wanted to see Chanyeol again immediately. As he sat on the bus, he looked at the picture Chanyeol had taken of himself. He smiled sweetly as he his finger over the screen.

“Better watch your step with those legs, Yoda!!” Baekhyun looked up as the entire bus laughed. He leaned to the right and saw a tall boy lying on the floor of the bus. He got up and dusted of his pants. He tried to walk, but one of the students shoot out his foot and made him fall over. Baekhyun gasped as the bus laughed again. The boy quickly got up on his feet and ran to the very back of the bus. Baekhyun looked back at the poor boy. He felt sorry for him. The boy had red hair that fell down in front of his eyes, big headphones on and what looked like Harry Potters clothes. Too big and dirty. He even had glasses, they weren’t round, but they were broken. The boy looked out of the window. Baekhyun could see scratches and bruises on his face, some on his collarbones and even some on his hands. ‘Is he being bullied at home? Or is it just form stuff those guys did earlier to him? Anyway, poor guy.’ Baekhyun thought before shifting his gaze forward. The rest of the school day, Baekhyun suddenly saw the mysterious Harry Potter guy everywhere. Whenever he saw him he was always bullied. They would push him everywhere, call him names, make him fall and dirty himself or even beat him to the point where he started bleeding. But what scared Baekhyun the most was that the boy never said anything back. He just let everyone do whatever they wanted and then he would keep going. But it got too much when Baekhyun saw his brother bullying the boy. He was pushing him into the lockers repeatedly, just like a punching bag. Everyone around them just laughed and cheered his brother on.

“BAEKBEOM!!” Baekhyun shouted and ran over. He pushed his brother away just as the harry potter guy fell to the floor.

“Stop bullying him!” Baekhyun scolded, but Baekbeom just shrugged.

“Come on, Baek. It’s just a little bit of fun.” He said.

“It’s not for him!” Baekhyun said and pointed at the guy. But the poor boy was not there anymore.

“Good going, Baekhyun. He ran away.” Some guy said and everyone that had been watching walked away. Baekhyun kept thinking of the poor boy the rest of the day. But he stopped thinking of him slightly when the bell rang. He could go home and get ready for his date with Chanyeol.

Baekhyun ran home as quickly as possible. He took a long shower, styled his dark chocolate hair and dressed himself up in a white t-shirt, a dark brown cardigan and some tight jeans. He ate dinner with his family and waited until the clock turned six.

 

FROM: Chanyeol

I’m outside. Hurry~ o(>﹏<)o

 

Baekhyun giggled at the message. He ran out into the hallway.

“Bye guys!” He shouted into the house before opening the door. And there he stood. Tall, handsome, perfectly dressed and styled. Just like a prince. Baekhyun felt his stomach turning around like a washing machine when Chanyeol smiled at him.

“Ready?” He asked and Baekhyun nodded.

“Let’s go!” He said excitedly as he closed the door and grabbed onto Chanyeols hand. They ran since they saw the bus coming and they didn’t want to lose it. They sat at the very back of the bus, hands still connected.

“Excited for your first time bowling?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded his head eagerly, like a little child who is offered candy.

“I can’t wait!” He exclaimed happily and Chanyeol smiled when he saw Baekhyuns cute eye smile. But the smile quickly disappeared.

“Um… H-How do you even play?” He asked. Chanyeol broke out in laughter.

“Well, I guess the best way is to show you. So please wait until we get there, okay?” Baekhyun nodded. When the bus stopped they ran to the bowling alley. Chanyeol payed for a track they could use and got them shoes.

“You need to get a ball or two.” He said as he found one himself. Baekhyun looked at all the balls and picked a pink one.

“You took the light one?” Chanyeol asked.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked.

“They all weight differently. But I would say that for a beginner as you, a light ball will be best.” He said. Baekhyun smiled and sat down.

“It’s quite easy actually to bowl. As you can see I got bowling railing for us. That way the ball won’t fall in the gutter.” Chanyeol said and grabbed one of the balls. He had chosen a blue one that were actually very heavy.

“It’s quite easy actually. You stick your fingers in the holes, like this-“ Chanyeol said and showed Baekhyun.

“-And then you throw it, try to aim at the pin in the middle.” Chanyeol said as he threw the ball. He managed to take down 8 pins. He cheered a little as he walked over to Baekhyun.

“You’re good.” Baekhyuns said. Chanyeol shrugged.

“I’m called the gutter king. If it hadn’t been for the railings, I would have failed.” He said and they laughed.

“Now it’s your turn.” He said and Baekhyun suddenly felt very nervous.

“I-I don’t know.” He said as he held the ball. Chanyeol stood behind him. He grabbed Baekhyuns hand, making the smaller blush.

“Just swing it back and forward like this, and theeeen SHOOT!” He said as Baekhyun let go of the ball with a squeak. They cheered as four of the pins fell down. Then it was Chanyeols turn again, and Baekhyun had never had so much fun as he had watching Chanyeol dance stupidly every time he knocked the pins down.

“Not bad for your first time.” Chanyeol said as they had finished playing. Baekhyun smiled and turned his head to hide his blush. He handed back the shoes and they walked to a restaurant nearby. They sat down and ordered a cola each.

“So, did anything interesting happen today?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yeah. I noticed this one kid in school.” Baekhyun said and Chanyeol lifted an eyebrow.

“Okay? Aren’t there thousands of kids in your school?” He joked and Baekhyun reached over the table to punch his shoulder.

“I may be short, but I’m not a kid!” He whined and puffed his cheeks like an angry child.

“I’m sorry. Please continue.” Chanyeol said.

“Well, this kid was special, in some way. I felt so pulled against him.” Baekhyun said.

“He was bullied. A lot. On the bus, the cafeteria, the hallways. Even my brother bullied him! I was so angry I shouted at him in front of everyone.” Baekhyun kept talking and missed the drop of sweat running down Chanyeols forehead.

“W-Well, poor guy. Why did they bully him?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

“I think they thought he looked stupid or something. He had long hair covering his eyes, harry potter-ish clothes and a big headset over his ears. But the said part was that he didn’t stand up against anyone. He just let them do whatever they wanted to.” Baekhyun continued. Chanyeol looked down on the table and wiped his sweaty palm on his jeans.

“Why do you care about him?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun stopped for a moment before shrugging his shoulders.

“I-I don’t know. H-He just… I don’t know! It’s just something about him.” Baekhyun said and placed his chin on the table.

“Well, let’s not think about him right now, hm?” Chanyeol said and Baekhyuns cheek. Baekhyun blushed and straightened up when the waiter came. They ordered food and kept talking until it was served.

“I really had fun today.” Baekhyun said as he and Chanyeol walked hand in hand on their way back. Their fingers were intertwined and their shoulders were slightly brushing against each other.

“Me too. I can’t wait until next time.” Baekhyun blushed.

“N-Next time?” He asked and Chanyeol looked down at him with a smile.

“Of course.” He said and squeezed Baekhyuns hand reassuringly. Baekhyun blushed and looked down on the ground.

“Here we are.” Chanyeol said as they reached Baekhyuns house.

“Yeah.” Baekhyun mumbled sadly. He didn’t want the night to end. Chanyeol let go off his hand as soon as he had walked Baekhyun up to his front door.

“Good night, Baekhyun.” He said and turned around to walk away. Baekhyun turned around to open the door, but stopped. He sighed deeply before running after Chanyeol. He grabbed his shoulder, making him turn around and connected their lips. He felt Chanyeol tensing up, but then hands came up and cupped Baekhyuns face. Baekhyun felt Chanyeols soft lips kissing him back. It was magical. When Chanyeol pulled back, Baekhyun whined a little, making the other chuckle.

“I have to go home now.” Chanyeol said and rested his forehead against Baekhyuns. Baekhyun nuzzled his face into Chanyeols neck.

“Please don’t.” He whispered. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyuns body and hugged him close.

“I have to.” He said and kissed the top of Baekhyuns head. He smiled before walking away. Baekhyun sighed sadly before walking inside. He saw his brother on the couch and sat down next to him. He placed his head on his lap and closed his eyes when he felt his brother brushing his fingers through his hair.

“You okay?” He asked. Baekhyun just sighed.

“Didn’t the date go well?”

“It did.” Baekhyun said.

“Then what’s the problem?” Baekbeom asked.

“I can’t stop thinking about that kid today.” Baekhyun said.

“Who? Yoda?” Baekhyun just nodded.

“Why are you thinking about someone like him?” Baekhyun just shrugged.

“He just got stuck in my mind.” Baekhyun said. Baekbeom laughed.

“I’m not surprised. You’ve been with him all night.” Baekbeom said. Baekhyun shot up and glared at his brother.

“Chanyeol is not the one I’m talking about!” He growled.

“Um…. He is. You’re talking about Yoda, right?” Baekbeom said and Baekhyun nodded.

“Well, you’re precious Chanyeol is Yoda. The weird kid in school.” He said. Baekhyun felt his jaw dropping to the floor.

“T-They’re the s-s-same person?!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Yeah. I thought you knew…” Baekbeom said. Baekhyun stood up and ran to the hall.

“D-Do you know where he lives?!” Baekhyun asked. He didn’t think his brother really would know, but he did. He got the address and ran out. He grabbed his bike and drove away. He could feel the disgusting taste of blood filling his throat, but he couldn’t care. He wanted to get to Chanyeol. He needed to know the truth. He reached the red house his brother had described. He just dropped his bike on the ground. He knocked on the door and waited nervously.

“Yes?” And old lady opened the door. She looked at Baekhyun with wide surprised eyes. He smiled politely at her.

“May I help you?” She asked.

“I was just wondering if Chanyeol lives here?” Baekhyun said.

“Yes. He does. May I ask what your business with my grandson is?” she asked.

“I’m Baekhyun. I wa-“

“You’re Baekhyun?!” She asked and smiled brightly. She grabbed Baekhyun wrist and dragged him inside.

“My little Channie has told me so much about you. I’ve wanted to meet you for so long!” She exclaimed happily and pushed Baekhyun to sit down on the couch.

“Channie! You’ve got a visitor!” She shouted up the stairs. Baekhyun could hear someone running loudly down the stairs.

“Who?!” Baekhyun was surprised to hear Chanyeols voice, but see Yoda. And by the look on Chanyeols face, he was more surprised to see Baekhyun.

“B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-“ Chanyeol chanted. Baekhyun giggled as he stood up. He walked over to the taller, shaking boy. He pushed away his bangs and smiled as he saw the big eyes he’d started loving so much.

“There you are.” He whispered. Chanyeol smiled awkwardly and grabbed Baekhyuns hand.

“How did you know?” He asked.

“My brother realized it for me. You hid yourself really well.” Baekhyun said and leaned his head on Chanyeols chest.

“And you still don’t push me away?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

“I want to hold you.” He said and wrapped his arms around Chanyeols waist.

“I’ll make you guys some tea.” His grandmother said. They both sat down on the couch.

“Why didn’t you tell me the truth from the start?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol sighed.

“Look at me.” He said and pointed all over himself.

“Do you really think I believed you would still like me even as this?” He asked. Baekhyun giggled.

“Well, I did tell you that there is something special about you.” Baekhyun said and intertwined his fingers with Chanyeols fingers.

“But if this is the real you, then why did you look so different when I first met you?”

“Well, I had just been in a bachelor party for my uncle.” He said.

“Was it fun?” Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol broke out in laughter.

“After all this time, that is what you ask me about?!” He continued laughing until his grandmother slapped him over the head.

“Don’t laugh at your boyfriend.” She scolded and this time it was Baekhyuns time to laugh. Chanyeol pouted when she left and rubbed his head. Baekhyun grabbed his head and kissed the top of it. Chanyeol smiled and poked Baekhyuns nose.

“Does this mean I can be your boyfriend? Both as Chanyeol and as Yoda?” He asked and Baekhyun giggled before he nodded.

“I would love to have you both as my boyfriend.” He said and wrapped his arms around Chanyeols neck. He laid his head on Chanyeols shoulder.

“Do you think people will be happy that you’re dating me?” Chanyeol asked.

“I don’t care. I love you, so they’ll just have to accept you.” Baekhyun said.

“Y-Y-You l-l-l-l-l-l-lo-o-o-o-ove m-m-m-“ Baekhyun giggled.

“Yes. I love you, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun said and kissed Chanyeols nose.

“I-I love you too.” Chanyeol said and kissed Baekhyuns nose.

“I’ll plan the wedding!” They heard Chanyeols grandmother shout from the kitchen.

“GRANDMA!!” Chanyeol shouted and groaned in embarrassment. Baekhyun giggled and cupped Chanyeol cheeks.

“I think that wouldn’t be such a bad idea.” Baekhyun said and kissed Chanyeols lips. Chanyeol nearly fainted from happiness, but held himself up. Baekhyun snuggled closer to Chanyeols chest and smiled happily.