Final

One Sided
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]FINAL[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Will you please smile at me, who can't forget you?[/CONTENTID2]

 

 

[CONTENTID3]

A few months ago, I met my Mathematics teacher - Kim Seokjin for the first time and I told myself that I would never fall for him. Yes, he is good looking and possess a sweet smile but he's fourteen years older than me! FOURTEEN FREAKING YEARS! I remembered him telling the girls in my class not to fall for him because he is a married man. But here I am now, falling head over heels for him.

Initially, I hate going to school because my classmates doesn't like me and I couldn't get along well with them. But ever since Mr Kim came into my life, I started liking going to school and my favourite highlight of each day would be seeing him for Maths lesson. My lips would automatically lift up into a broad smile when it is his lesson even though Maths is my least favourite subject. 

It is actually normal for me to fail Maths as I have a weak foundation in the subject. But I know I can't continue failing it not when I'm sitting for National exams next year. Therefore, I requested Mr Kim to give me one to one coaching on the subject after school which he agreed to.

"Do you need me to explain the steps to you again, Yerin ssi?" His face was only few centimeters away from mine the entire time when he was doing the explanation.

I could feel my cheeks heating up at the close proximity of our faces but tried to make it not too obvious. "Thank you Mr Kim. I already understand the steps." 

"Do call me again if you have any doubts." Mr Kim smiled kindly at me and move on to the next student who needs his help.

I almost ripped my hair off out of frustration when I couldn't solve the rest of the questions moments later. I looked up and realised that Mr Kim is gone. So I could only sent him a text to ask him whether he's free on the afternoon.

'Hi Mr Kim, Choi Yerin here. Are you available this afternoon? I have some doubts that I need to clear with you.'

My phone vibrated seconds later and a reply from Mr Kim popped up in my homescreen. 'Yes. Meet me outside staff room at 3p.m.'

I would have jumped up from my seat in joy if I'm not in the classroom. The thought of seeing Mr Kim again after school is enough to brighten up my whole day.

After having a quick lunch at the cafeteria, I sent a text to Mr Kim to inform him that I am on my way to the staff room now.

'Mr Kim, I'm coming up to the staff room now.'

'Ok.'

I saw Mr Kim waiting for me on one of the long benches the moment I reached there.

"Oh, you're here." Mr Kim greeted me with his usual warm smile.

I merely smiled in return and take a seat across him.

"So what are the doubts that you want to clear with me?" He asked while I searched for my pencil case and notebook.

Mr Kim spent the next two hours explaining those concepts which I am unsure of. He didn't flare up at me when I still couldn't grasp the concept even though he already explained several times. He could sense that I'm getting stressed and frustrated. I guess one of the reason why I fall for Mr Kim is because I always adore people who are patient and meticulous.

"Would you like to take a short break?" Concern was evident on Mr Kim's face.

I shook my head. "It's getting late but I still couldn't grasp the concept completely..." 

Mr Kim didn't say anything and just left me alone there.

Did I make him angry?? Oh ...

It proves that I panicked for nothing when Mr Kim came back with two chocolate bars and offered me one.

"This will make you more energised." 

"Thank you, Mr Kim." I slightly bowed to him and tear the wrapper to eat it.

I have never eaten any chocolate that taste this sweet before. I guess the person who gave it to me is the reason that make it sweeter than usual.

I finally understood when Mr Kim use another way to explain to me.

"Be careful on your way home and see you tomorrow, Yerin ssi." Mr Kim smiled and wave his hand to me.

Butterflies started fluttering in my stomach at his thougthful reminder. "Thank you, Mr Kim." 

The mid term exam are coming up and I feel really stressed about it. I'm not stressing over the other subjects because Maths is the only subject which I'm concerned about. I told myself I need to at least get a pass because I didn't want to see Mr Kim's effort to go down to the drain. Every day, I practiced on the past year exam papers which Mr Kim have given to the class and continue meeting him after school to drill on the subject.

Today, we are drilling on one of my weaker areas - graph. I always couldn't get the curve of the graph correct therefore I kept on erasing and draw it all over again. But I only became more frustrated when I still couldn't get the right one after redoing so many times.

"Don't be frustrated with yourself, you will get it right eventually." Strangely, my frustration seemed to disappear instantly at Mr Kim's words. His words somehow have a calming effect on me.

I simply nodded my head.

"You seemed to be really stress over the upcoming exam. Although it's a good thing to be stress about it but don't overstress yourself because it will only make things worse. Lastly, nothing is impossible when you have self confidence." Mr Kim gave a pat on my shoulder with a reassuring smile.

I swear I blushed at that sudden gesture from him. 

"I bet you are tired so let's end it here shall we?"  

I simply nodded my head in respond and started packing my things.

"Duan Yi-?" I looked up and saw Mr Kim curiously staring at the GOT7 Mark nametag that is pinned onto my pencil case.

Wait, is he trying to pronounce Mark's chinese name? That's so cute! "Duan- Yi- En." 

"Oh, so it's Yi En." Mr Kim beamed with delight when he got the pronunciation right.

Oh my gosh, how adorable can he be?  I can't help but to secretly fangirl over his cuteness.

"Do you like him?" I do like him but not as much as I like you.

My phone started ringing at that moment so I didn't get to answer his question. 

"I got to go now. Goodbye Mr Kim." After bidding him goodbye, I quickly picked up the call from my older brother.

Instead of working on my English essay, the paper in front of me is full of 'Kim Seokjin' these three words. Mr Kim literally occupied my thoughts 24/7. An image of him will automatically pop up in my mind regardless of what I am doing - eating, showering, listening to music, sleeping and even when I'm just spacing out. I'm scared that one day I might not be able to hold back my feelings for him anymore.

A flick on my forehead instantly brought me back to Earth. 

"Yah Choi Yerin, can you tell me why is your paper full of a person's name when you're supposed to be writing an English essay?" My older brother - Choi Seungcheol propped his chin with both palms while looking at me with that annoying smirk of his.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter