Chap14: Tired and Stressed

Fixing My Broken Mate

Mark’s POV

 

Finally, I have claimed my mate!

 

I was still in heaven as I recall the events that night. I’m still relishing the feeling of finally marking Jinyoung and the overwhelming emotions and pleasure of our lovemaking. We did it plenty of times last night until wee hours in the morning that I lost count of how many times I ed or how many times I made him . I couldn’t help it since it’s a full moon so my urges and my need were way greater than usual. I just hope I didn’t break my mate.

 

Jinyoung slept peacefully beside me. I watched as he breathed steadily. I left a few purple marks on his neck and I bet there’s still plenty of it adorning his chest and even the insides of his thighs. His skin was just really irresistible and I have to have a taste. But of all the visible evidence of our hot, passionate night, the mating mark on his neck was the most beautiful one. I ran my hand on it and felt Jinyoung whimper and squirm in his sleep. I decided to stop touching him coz I might not be able to control myself again and sink into him. He needed rest.

 

*Alpha are you awake now?* Jaebum asked through the pack link.

 

*I am, why?* I asked back as I got up from the bed and walked towards our closet to get some clothes.

 

*We got some papers for you to sign and some reports to relate.* Jaebum answered. I told him to proceed to my room and wait for me there.

 

After freshening up and changing my clothes, I checked on my mate and found him still peacefully sleeping. I pulled the blanket over his shoulders and watched him sleep until I heard Jaebum and a few others entering the pack house.

 

“Oooh, someone looks sated and satisfied after the full moon. We heard you’ve been busy last night Alpha. How was it?” the stupid Jackson teased as I walked into the office where they waited.

 

“I’m not giving you any details Jacks so quit it,” I told him, smiling smugly and completely bright.

 

“Oh my god, I’m happy for you hyung!” Youngjae chirped ecstatically. “I’m glad you’ve finally mated! But where’s Jinyoung hyung?”

 

“He’s resting,” I replied. I saw a glint of mischief in Jackson’s eyes and before he could comment anything erted I threw a book at him making everyone laugh. “Reports,” I said, reminding them of the reason why they came here.

 

Yugyeom moved forward and handed me a few folders. “Those are the reports of the supplies delivery for the pack this month. Bam and I checked it already and everything was delivered. The supplies are in the warehouse,” he related.

 

“And by the way hyung,” Bambam interjected as he moved and flipped a few pages on the current company report I was looking at. “This is the contract that Tammy nuna’s husband sent. He wished for us to supply their needed materials on the renovation of their school buildings,” he explained. I took the contract and read it first before the others.

 

“Any reports about the pack,” I asked to no one in particular. The five of them always know a bit of news around town anyway so I often asked them too and not just my Beta and Third.

 

“Good news and bad news Alpha,” Jaebum began. I motioned for him to continue as I sign the papers. “Good news is that everything was fine last night during full moon. No rogues took advantage and no one hurt from the intense night. Bad news is that during patrol this morning we scented a few rogues mixed with an unfamiliar scent near our borders in the north. The scent was already fading and it seems it has been there for two or three days ago. We tried to track it and found our fences severely damaged near the northeast exit.”

 

That perked up my interest.

 

“Two to three days? How come this wasn’t found out before today if it had been there for quite some time?” I asked them. I handed the signed papers back to Yugyeom and focused on the issue at hand.

 

“We don’t know too Alpha, it wasn’t there when we patrolled the previous days. It puzzles us too how it happened. As for the fence, it was covered with thick bushes so it was hard to see. You know no one really goes to that part of the woods so it wasn’t that suspicious and no one found out about it sooner,” Jackson explained.

 

This isn’t good. If the rogues or Leon’s members are crossing our borders without being noticed then it means they might catch us unguarded and suddenly spring on us in the attack. That would endanger my pack. After a few thoughts, I began to relay my orders.

 

“Jaebum, increase the number of patrol members and put them in groups. Make sure there are at least two trackers in each and assign them areas to patrol with. Also, send warriors to station in every gates and exits. Tell them to be alert and observe every person and vehicle that comes in and out of the town. And Jackson, take a few warriors with you to round the town and tell the pack members to be alert all the time. Also see to it that nothing else is amiss. The patrols and warriors must take shifts and make sure their stations are filled 24/7. We can’t afford to let these rogues and that bastard Leon come anywhere near our loved ones.” I told them sternly before looking at Bambam and Yugyeom.

 

“Yugyeom, are you alright to attend the company matters for today? I’d like to send Bambam to work with repairing that damaged fence,” I asked our oversized youngest friend.

 

“Sure hyung. Everything’s fine in the company and nothing important to do as of the moment so I’ll be fine,” he replied.

 

“And what am I supposed to do?” Youngjae asked, pouting. He didn’t receive any orders from me.

 

“Go strip and send Jaebum some pictures,” Jackson answered quickly before running around as a red-faced Youngjae tried to grab him.

 

“You ert! I’m gonna kill you!” Youngjae yelled but Jaebum was able to hold him still and embrace him before he massacred our dirty-minded friend.

 

“Yah, stop. Don’t mind Jackson, he’s only teasing,” Jaebum lightly scolded as he calmed his enraged mate.

 

“I seriously don’t know how Bambam can deal with you Wang. You never stop talking,” I stated and before Jackson can boast or say something stupid, Yugyeom already beat him to it.

 

“Maybe he only shuts up when his mouth is filled with Bambam’s ,” our innocent Yugyeom retorted. Jackson stopped laughing and stared wide-eyed at the maknae. He and Bambam both have mirrored mortified expressions.

 

“Oh my god Yugyeom, I hate you!” Bambam jumped out of his chair and chased Yugyeom out of my office. Jackson followed shouting ‘die you traitor’ as he held my pen in the air, ready to stab it on the giant maknae.

 

Jaebum, Youngjae, and I remained in the office laughing our asses out at the pure embarrassment in the couple’s face.

 

“Thank the goddess they’re gone. I hope they didn’t wake Jinyoungie with their noise,” I said, wiping the tears of laughter that pooled in my eyes.

 

“We’ll head out too hyung. We’ll report to immediately if we find more news,” Jaebum said. He was holding his mate’s hand as they walk towards my office door.

 

-oOo-

 

3 weeks later

 

“Luke come back here! You need to take a bath!” I heard Jinyoung scream from our room. Not even 5 seconds after, a giggling and stark Luke emerged in my office. Jinyoung was right behind him holding a towel.

 

“Daddy, daddy! Hide me!” Luke screamed, he hid under my office table and held onto my legs.

 

“You’re not being discreet baby boy, come out now,” Jinyoung shrugged as he walked towards us. I held my hand out to him and he took it. He leaned down and kissed me before he suddenly crouched down and screamed ‘gotcha’ on Luke. Our baby squealed so loud and held on to my leg tighter. He didn’t even care that his head was bumping on my desk as he wiggled away from Jinyoung’s arms. I pushed my chair away from the table so Jinyoung had more room to move. He finally grabbed our hyperactive Luke and pulled him out of his hiding place.

 

“Daddy! Help!” Luke shouted at me. I hauled him up from the floor and Jinyoung’s arm and placed him on my lap.

 

“Oh my god, you stink baby! You really need a bath!” I said as I nuzzled my face on his chubby tummy. Luke’s cute palms landed on my face as he tried to push me away but I remained still and playfully nuzzled his tummy some more and tickled his sides. He was laughing so hard.

 

Jinyoung then stood up but he lost his balance for a bit. We are bonded now which means I could feel his emotions and he can feel mine. So I looked up to him when I felt him getting dizzy. I saw him closing his eyes and pressing his temples.

 

“Baby, are you alright? You got dizzy.” I tentatively stood up and rubbed his back. Luke was still in my arms and he stared at Jinyoung worryingly too.

 

“Yeah, just stood up too fast I think,” he replied. “Come now Luke. It’s bath time then you take your afternoon nap.” He shrugged off our worried faces and he took Luke from me. He then kissed me briefly before they both disappeared from my office.

 

*Baby are you sure you’re fine? You’ve been getting dizzy a lot lately* I asked him through our mate link. After our mating night, Jinyoung and I had established our mate link. At first, he freaked out about it but he got used to it pretty soon.

 

*I’m fine hyung, just feeling tired lately. I promise to rest later* he said.

 

Lately, Jinyoung has been looking paler than usual. He also got dizzy often but he always told me that he’s just tired. I don’t see him working ‘till late nights like he used to though. I always made sure he rested so I don’t exactly know what’s tiring him.

 

There was also one morning I woke up when I felt him feeling unwell. When I opened my eyes, I was alone in bed and I found him releasing the contents of his stomach in the toilet. That time he claimed it must be something he ate. He has been looking stressed and I have talked to him about it coz I thought he was having nightmares again without telling me but he said he wasn’t.

 

After finishing all my paperwork I stalked towards Luke’s room where I was sure to find them. Luke was already asleep and Jinyoung was putting away the toys. I walked up to him and embraced him from the back.

 

“Hey,” I greeted.

 

“Hi. Done with work?” he asked.

 

“Yeah,” I replied, kissing the back of his ear. “Baby, are you sure you don’t want to visit your uncle for a checkup? You’ve been looking tired and stressed lately,” I told him. He pulled away to turn around and face me. He embraced me and I hugged him back.

 

“I am fine, I promise. Nothing to worry about, okay? Maybe I’m just feeling a little under the weather, it’ll be gone soon,” he assured me. I wasn’t convinced though but I don’t want to upset him by trying to insist so I let the subject go.

 

“Come join me for a snack?” I offered, he nodded and I pulled away to kiss his forehead before holding his hand. We quietly made our way out of Luke’s room.

 

It was when we were on the stairs that I felt a wave of nausea and dizziness hit Jinyoung. I instantly looked at him just in time as he lost his balance and his knees gave in.

 

“, Jinyoung are you okay?” I asked worriedly. If I wasn’t quick, he surely could have rolled down the stairs!

 

“I-I’m okay. Just lost my balance.” He lied. I studied his face intently. He was sweating profusely and his lips were trembling and they were really pale. Without thinking twice, I carried him in my arms and proceeded downstairs.

 

“W-where are we going?” he asked. I walked past the kitchen and headed out of the pack house.

 

“We’re seeing your uncle Jinyoung-ah. I’m not gonna feel at ease until I got you thoroughly checked,” I told him and he tried to wiggle out of my arms.

 

“But I’m fi-” he tried to convince me but I glared at him. He whimpered in defeat and let me do as I deemed right. He was being stubborn and I can’t let that get in the way of making sure he’s healthy.

 

“Oh my god, Alpha, Jinyoung!” his uncle worriedly gasped when he saw us enter the clinic. He and Youngjae were beside us in no time.

 

“Hyung what’s wrong? Is Jinyoung hyung alright?” Youngjae worriedly asked.

 

“I need to have him checked,” I told them.

 

“Checked? Why? What’s wrong?” Haejin hyung queried. He placed his palm on Jinyoung’s forehead. “Hmmm, no fever. But you do look really pale,” he noted. He then motioned for me to follow him.

 

“He has been looking tired and stressed lately and he kept having dizziness. He once vomited too and he almost collapsed just now,” I related to them. Haejin hyung guided us to a room and told me to place Jinyoung on the examination bed. My mate hesitantly let go of me. He clutched on the hem of my shirt as he chewed on his lower lip. Notwithstanding the anxious look on his face, I sat on the bed beside him and caressed his hair, his arm, or his sides.

 

“Since when were you feeling this Jinyoung?” Haejin hyung asked. He readied his stethoscope while Youngjae took the BP apparatus from the cabinet.

 

“F-for a week now,” Jinyoung admitted. I sternly stared at him coz he didn’t tell me had been feeling this for a while now.

 

“What did he eat when he vomited? Was there oysters? He’s allergic to them,” Haejin hyung asked again.

 

“No hyung. When you told me he’s allergic to them I told the omegas not to store them or cook them anymore. We only had steak, fruits and pasta the night before he threw up,” I answered.

 

“I’m gonna have to take a blood sample and run some test to make sure it’s just fatigue he’s feeling. I’ll also prescribe some vitamins for him later.”

 

Jinyoung was checked and his vitals were normal. However, he made another trip to the toilet and threw up while we were waiting for his blood test results. We were all looking worriedly at him as I lay him back on the bed. My baby was looking really pale now and I keep praying that he didn’t catch any disease or something serious.

 

Almost an hour later, the results were out and Haejin hyung kept on glancing at us then back to the paper he’s holding. He looked confused and shocked.

 

“U-uncle what is it?” Jinyoung asked. He was already sitting up on the bed and leaning on the wall. I was sitting beside him with my arm around his waist and my other hand held his.

 

His uncle remained quiet and looked puzzled

 

“Hyung what does it say? Is he sick? Is it something serious?” I asked. This tension is scaring me.

 

“He’s not sick. But… I guess it’s something I should congratulate you both with?” he said, still confused.

 

“What? Why?”

 

Damn it. Spit it out already! I cursed inwardly.

 

I waited for his reply. He read through the results once again before his uncertain eyes settled on us.

 

“Well, congratulations Alphas, Jinyoung here is pregnant.”