two

ways of thinking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next time Hayi met Jiwon was a week after they have been stuck in the elevator. She was standing in front of her appartment. Her mother was out of the city for two weeks and her father was working. She looked in her bag for the keys, but did not find them. It was only after completely emptying her bag that she realized she did not have them. "How can I forget them?" Hayi has never been so unorganized but this week she hasn't been able to think or focus properly on anything. All she had in her mind was Jiwon and the conversation they had in the elevator. It was eye-opening. Hayi began to think on her own about plenty of things she has never thought of before. Most importantly, she thought about herself. Who would I be if I wasn't told who to be? 

The short girl was still standing in front of her door trying to find a way to get in when someone called her from behind.

It was Jiwon. "What are you doing?"


"Nothing" she baffled.


"You forgot your keys, didn't you?" 


Jiwon has been looking at her desperately searching in her bag and standing in front of the door, her head in the clouds, for the past twenty minutes. Hayi was so drown in her own world that she hadn't notice Jiwon. 


"Come on, I'll introduce you my friends while your parents get home" the male suggested friendly as he motioned her to follow him. Hayi followed him.  It was too late to refuse as Jiwon was already at the end of the hall. Her heart was ponding hard against her chest. Is it even right? To go to his place. I barely know him, she wondered in her head.

They both removed theirs shoes as they got in and the first person Hayi apperceived was a tall guy to whom she said hello. He didn't greet her back, but instead screamed "Guys, it Jiwon's girlfriend" before running away in one of the bedroom. Jiwon's face flushed red as he ran back behind him. 

Hayi later found out that it was Junhoe. The straightforward guy who can't help but constantly sing.  She met Yunhyeong also, the chief and the so called twin of Chanwoo, the youngest. Jiwon wanted to introduce Hayi to Hanbin, Jinhwan and Donghyuk too, but they weren't home.

"Hanbin's probably chasing after a girl somewhere, Jinhwan hyung is at work and Donghyuk's at university, he's the intellectual in our group" he explained when Hayi had asked him how many of them lives in the same appartment.

Hayi had dinner with them and it amazed her how easily they teased each other and pulled random jokes. She was always taught not to talk during dinner. The female was experiencing a new thing and she loved it. 


"So both of you are really not dating?" Junhoe asked for the tenth time.

 
"No" Jiwon told before glancing Hayi just to catch her reaction. "I mean, not yet"


There was a silence before Junhoe shouted "Someone's blushing" making everyone turn theirs heads toward Hayi which only made her blush harder. She wasn't used to guys flirting with her. Heck, Jiwon was actually the first one and she quite ignored what to do.

"I think I should leave, thank you for having me" Hayi was putting on her shoes when Jiwon came and suggested to her. 

"It's okay, we live on the same floor"

It was only when they reached half way, that Jiwon noticed a women standing in front of Hayi's house.

"Say, isn't this your mother?" The boy asked. Hayi looked towards her appartment and indeed, her mother w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter